Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Locked Topic
Tuesday, October 2nd Daily Discussion
Topic Started: Oct 1 2012, 02:03 PM (6,207 Views)
Tibi
Member Avatar

Aww, how sweet. :sarcasm: EJ being happy to pick up Lucas & Rafe's sloppy thirds after he blackmails Rafe to stay away from the stupid beast. There's the pathetic EJ I knew and hated, welcome back. I thought you finally got your balls back after Sami shot you, but I see she has them again along with all your self-respect, any shred of dignity and anything interesting or compelling about you is gone. I am so done with those characters and this show.
Edited by Tibi, Oct 1 2012, 08:15 PM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

magicsteacher
Member Avatar

Daysdegrassi
Oct 1 2012, 04:59 PM
Sadly, I can see Sami being mad when EJ is revealed to be the dad. She'll probably go comfort EJ, or run to Lucas and hint that she still wants him. At this point, I want Carrie to just come back for Rafe. He seems to be good enough at raising other people's kids, so why not raise her and Austin's baby?
If I don't ever see Carrie or Cafe again, it would be fine with me. Another one of Mardar's "great creations" that was an epic fail.
Offline Profile Goto Top

lysie
Member Avatar

magicsteacher
Oct 1 2012, 08:53 PM
Daysdegrassi
Oct 1 2012, 04:59 PM
Sadly, I can see Sami being mad when EJ is revealed to be the dad. She'll probably go comfort EJ, or run to Lucas and hint that she still wants him. At this point, I want Carrie to just come back for Rafe. He seems to be good enough at raising other people's kids, so why not raise her and Austin's baby?
If I don't ever see Carrie or Cafe again, it would be fine with me. Another one of Mardar's "great creations" that was an epic fail.
I didn't care for Cafe, but it barely even started. It can't really be an epic fail when it didn't go anywhere in the first place.
Offline Profile Goto Top

bomber
Member Avatar

So does this mean Daniel's big plan is just hacking into the DNA database and changing the results. that's ummm...underwhelming and not only that, it makes him guilty of even more fraud and could potentially put the baby's life at risk if they needed his medical history. Not that any of this matters if they kill off the baby so ...what is the reason for this storyline anyway?
Offline Profile Goto Top

Daysdegrassi
Member Avatar

concerned
Oct 1 2012, 05:38 PM
Days is just a loveless wasteland at the moment.

The only happy couples are Will and Sonny, Justin and Adrienne, John and Marlena (not that we see them and it sounds as if thats about to change), Bo and Hope (and thats about to be destroyed). Victor and Maggie should start getting scared one of them is about to kick the bucket for sure.

Its OK to have couples with angst but it doesn't have to be everyone split up and alone.

Can't wait for Valentines day epi the desperate and dateless ball should have full cast contingent.
Will and Sonny? Happy couple? That's about to change... :'(
Offline Profile Goto Top

Daysdegrassi
Member Avatar

Tibi
Oct 1 2012, 08:14 PM
Aww, how sweet. :sarcasm: EJ being happy to pick up Lucas & Rafe's sloppy thirds after he blackmails Rafe to stay away from the stupid beast. There's the pathetic EJ I knew and hated, welcome back. I thought you finally got your balls back after Sami shot you, but I see she has them again along with all your self-respect, any shred of dignity and anything interesting or compelling about you is gone. I am so done with those characters and this show.
I can't agree more. EJ is a weak, useless character when with Sami. So much that I wish Sami had shot and killed him back in 2010 just to put him out of his misery. This writing is as bad as when FakeRafe/EJaylor were on.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Harmony233

SocRMum1
Oct 1 2012, 04:58 PM
camera shy
Oct 1 2012, 04:44 PM
Is it just lazy writting that they have EJ and Nicole mirroring one another in their actions? Rafe tells EJ he's broken things off with Sami, he makes some little remark to himself about Sami needing comforting and gleefully heads over to her place. Gabi tells Nicole that Melanie has left town, Nicole makes some little remark to herself about Daniel needing comforting and she gleefully heads over to his place. Why are they writting Nicole and EJ exactly the same way?
Because in Tomlin's world EJ and Nicole are the perennial tools used for stirring shit up for their 'chosen' pairings. They did it with Nicole and Brady/Arianna and then again when they were so determined that EJ/Taylor would be the next great love story. And they've done it with EJ versus Safe for...ever.

In Tomlin's small mind the 'bad' guys are cartoonish and can never win and the 'good' guys are untouchable. Even when they give them angst it's short lived and half hearted.
you know i was a lucas/sami fan but i remeber when they gave them angst they was usually seperated for months before they ended up back together why are they so afraid to give safe real angst
Offline Profile Goto Top

LuvingLumi
Member Avatar
♥ LUMI ♥

Harmony233
Oct 1 2012, 09:45 PM
SocRMum1
camera shy
Is it just lazy writting that they have EJ and Nicole mirroring one another in their actions? Rafe tells EJ he's broken things off with Sami, he makes some little remark to himself about Sami needing comforting and gleefully heads over to her place. Gabi tells Nicole that Melanie has left town, Nicole makes some little remark to herself about Daniel needing comforting and she gleefully heads over to his place. Why are they writting Nicole and EJ exactly the same way?
Because in Tomlin's world EJ and Nicole are the perennial tools used for stirring shit up for their 'chosen' pairings. They did it with Nicole and Brady/Arianna and then again when they were so determined that EJ/Taylor would be the next great love story. And they've done it with EJ versus Safe for...ever.

In Tomlin's small mind the 'bad' guys are cartoonish and can never win and the 'good' guys are untouchable. Even when they give them angst it's short lived and half hearted.
you know i was a lucas/sami fan but i remeber when they gave them angst they was usually seperated for months before they ended up back together why are they so afraid to give safe real angst
Because safe has no foundation, they've been written in a protective bubble by Tomlin and the only true issue they had was written by mardar. Instead of building up Rafe's live for Sami again coupled by his mistrust of her they are just reuniting them. Hopefully the problems will come later, but I doubt it
Offline Profile Goto Top

SoapGal1
Member Avatar

LuvingLumi
Oct 1 2012, 09:48 PM
Harmony233
Oct 1 2012, 09:45 PM
SocRMum1
camera shy

Because safe has no foundation, they've been written in a protective bubble by Tomlin and the only true issue they had was written by mardar. Instead of building up Rafe's live for Sami again coupled by his mistrust of her they are just reuniting them. Hopefully the problems will come later, but I doubt it
They have zero story without EJ.

Which to me shows just how sucky they truly are.

I agree with Mitch, I think this proves Tomlin was maning the ship back in 2010. I just can't fathom a business hiring back a "manager" who they thought was so bad they fired him two years ago. :drunk:

By definition, insanity.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Mitchapalooza
Member Avatar
Killing myself slowly

Kriss4
Oct 1 2012, 08:13 PM
Interesting stories, so far...

Nick and Gabi.

Justin and Adrienne.

Will and Sonny.

Caroline's alzheimer's or whatever her condition is.

These are the ones that aren't repetitive, and that have tremendous possibilities.
They have a storyline? When and where? Last time I checked they were being used a props for Sonny.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Kriss4

Maybe they're playing supporting roles, but their scenes are good, and the writers can build up their story from here. They have potential. Recurring doesn't have to mean nothing of substance.

There are other characters I'd like to see more of. Kayla, for instance. But right now, of the STORIES that are starting up and playing out...those I listed are of the most interest to me.

Some of the actors in the other stories are fine, but their stories can be repetitive, which is why I don't "count" them. The EJ/Sami/Rafe merry go round got old a long time ago. But I do like James Scott, and EJ can be interesting. It's just that the story playing out is just another chapter of the same story that's been playing out for years.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Courtneya6688
Member Avatar

Jen should have never been in this storyline. I think it would have been far more interesting had sami been the one trying to find out the paternity of nicoles baby. Nicole and sami are long time rivals. And the fact that the two men in her life are involved in this would give her motivatiin. Jen is just no match for nicole. On any given day nicole would wipe the floor with jen
Offline Profile Goto Top

bomber
Member Avatar

Kriss4
Oct 1 2012, 10:59 PM
Maybe they're playing supporting roles, but their scenes are good, and the writers can build up their story from here. They have potential. Recurring doesn't have to mean nothing of substance.

There are other characters I'd like to see more of. Kayla, for instance. But right now, of the STORIES that are starting up and playing out...those I listed are of the most interest to me.

Some of the actors in the other stories are fine, but their stories can be repetitive, which is why I don't "count" them. The EJ/Sami/Rafe merry go round got old a long time ago. But I do like James Scott, and EJ can be interesting. It's just that the story playing out is just another chapter of the same story that's been playing out for years.
I wouldn't count on seeing much more of Justin/Adrienne. Someone tweeted JE about how good it was to see her onscreen and her reply was "well for 1 little while". I would say that once Will/Sonny are established J & A will be banished again.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Kriss4

Aw, really?

Why? Judi and Wally are terrific, and it's a shame not to utilize them more. Why not use them instead of the Cameron character, who hasn't really caught on with the majority of the audience? Or they can let go of Daniel. Shawn Christian's not a terrible actor or anything, but the writers have made mistake after mistake after mistake with the writing for Daniel, and the character's not well thought of.

Furthermore, does anyone REALLY believe, given Daniel's fickle nature, that he's TRULY devoted to Jennifer?

Come on. The minute he broke up with her before, he did a little sulking in the morning and then started making eyes at Nicole in the afternoon. He doesn't REALLY care. If Jen were to turn away, his attention and his eyes would wander in a heartbeat. That's just Daniel. He's kinda worthless that way.

I'd never trust him to really love anyone for longer than it would take for him to brush his teeth.

That's why I wish they'd cut their losses with the character.

Offline Profile Goto Top

Daysdegrassi
Member Avatar

Kriss4
Oct 1 2012, 11:24 PM
Aw, really?

Why? Judi and Wally are terrific, and it's a shame not to utilize them more. Why not use them instead of the Cameron character, who hasn't really caught on with the majority of the audience? Or they can let go of Daniel. Shawn Christian's not a terrible actor or anything, but the writers have made mistake after mistake after mistake with the writing for Daniel, and the character's not well thought of.

Furthermore, does anyone REALLY believe, given Daniel's fickle nature, that he's TRULY devoted to Jennifer?

Come on. The minute he broke up with her before, he did a little sulking in the morning and then started making eyes at Nicole in the afternoon. He doesn't REALLY care. If Jen were to turn away, his attention and his eyes would wander in a heartbeat. That's just Daniel. He's kinda worthless that way.

I'd never trust him to really love anyone for longer than it would take for him to brush his teeth.

When you mentioned using them instead of Cameron, I was like YES! We haven't seen him in forever, and he was SO dull. His only plot was with Abby. And where is Celeste? What was the danger with Abigail? Was it the elevator?
Offline Profile Goto Top

NocturnalBlondie
Member Avatar
Make EJ/Abby happen, DAYS!

Courtneya6688
Oct 1 2012, 11:02 PM
Jen should have never been in this storyline. I think it would have been far more interesting had sami been the one trying to find out the paternity of nicoles baby. Nicole and sami are long time rivals. And the fact that the two men in her life are involved in this would give her motivatiin. Jen is just no match for nicole. On any given day nicole would wipe the floor with jen
Agreed, but having Sami even more involved on-screen than she is now? I'll pass. :P
Offline Profile Goto Top

lysie
Member Avatar

Kriss4
Oct 1 2012, 11:24 PM
Aw, really?

Because they're on recurring status. They're not going to be used more unless that changes. Recurring doesn't have to mean nothing of substance but it does mean nothing much of substance. And it's not like they're interchangeable with Cameron. Considering how they're being used, they're more interchangeable with Lucas and Sami.
Offline Profile Goto Top

LuvingLumi
Member Avatar
♥ LUMI ♥

I'd like to see Justin and Adrienne take Lucas to a support group of parents of gay and lesbian youth. They could really have a few episodes dealing with that but these writers refuse to utilize the characters/actors that so many fans want used, instead they use the same 4 in the same storyline that has been virtually playing out since 2009
Offline Profile Goto Top

Harmony233

LuvingLumi
Oct 2 2012, 09:33 AM
I'd like to see Justin and Adrienne take Lucas to a support group of parents of gay and lesbian youth. They could really have a few episodes dealing with that but these writers refuse to utilize the characters/actors that so many fans want used, instead they use the same 4 in the same storyline that has been virtually playing out since 2009
I wish they would give lucas a story hes my fav besides nicole but it doesn't look like he'll get anything soon
Offline Profile Goto Top

Lil
Member Avatar

OMG Jennifr is such a cunt. She made a mistake choosing Jack of him>? GMAFB!!!!! And WHY had Daniel not actually said to her that he CHOSE to help Nicole, He CHOSE to fuck Nicole, she did not MAKE him do anything he wasn't toally willing to do. This is fucking infuriating lol

I REALLY hope this is leading to 1. A Jack return...without that shallow bitch
and 2. Jennifer losing her god-damned mind to explain WTF happened to her!!

Ridiculous.
Offline Profile Goto Top

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Create your own social network with a free forum.
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Locked Topic