Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
YR: Sharon Newman in 'The Burning Ranch'
Topic Started: Oct 1 2012, 02:31 PM (4,543 Views)
metitle
Member Avatar

Y&R will probably make two or three sets out of the old set.
I certainly wont miss that set.
For the Newmans who are suppose to be super rich, one would expect the place would be redecorated several times - to at least match each decade. For instance in the 80s they would have 80s chic. The 90s would see some Feng shui and the 2000s would have seen some contemporary styles.
The furniture and set probably still smell like the 70s.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

LPS
Member Avatar

This storyline completely reminds me of TLC.....

Sammie Jo
Member Avatar

metitle
Oct 1 2012, 08:37 PM
For the Newmans who are suppose to be super rich, one would expect the place would be redecorated several times - to at least match each decade. For instance in the 80s they would have 80s chic. The 90s would see some Feng shui and the 2000s would have seen some contemporary styles.
I won't miss that old set either!
Katherine's house is another one that could use a makeover, her living room looks like it's in the 1800's.
None of that furniture looks comfortable.

titan1978
Member Avatar

I both hate and love the ugly wallpaper in Katherine's house.

I can't remember if JFP was the one who got rid of Sonny's penthouse on GH, the one that was Sean Donnelly's before it was Sonny's. Jason still lives across the hall, just no Sonny. So I could very easily see the Ranch going away but not the Tack House.

Also missing from her tenure on GH- The Brownstone (except the front steps which are now Sonny's hometown), The Gatehouse on the Q property, and Luke's nightclub I think went away during JFP.

It would not be shocking to me if the Ranch is done.
Edited by titan1978, Oct 2 2012, 02:25 AM.

Mason

I don't like this at all. And I was just starting to feel something like cautious optimism, too. I hate when soaps get rid of/change iconic sets.

Sonic
Member Avatar

the Ranch will not be rebuilt, Nikki and Victor move to the penthouse because the do not have the money to rebuild the ranch. I am hoping all the houses on the ranch go up in flames. I don't think it will be Sharon's intention, but I think the tack house and the shack Sharon lives in go up in flames also.

Only1Way
Member Avatar

NO excuses for what Sharon does. If TPTB choose to change appearances, that's good and burning it assures there will be changes made.
Leaving things the same way is a comfort thing. It's home.
We lost our home of 30 years. Sure some pieces of furniture changed through the years, but we left it a lot the same because it made it more "homey."

Sammie Jo
Member Avatar

Sonic
Oct 2 2012, 06:05 AM
the Ranch will not be rebuilt, Nikki and Victor move to the penthouse because the do not have the money to rebuild the ranch. I am hoping all the houses on the ranch go up in flames. I don't think it will be Sharon's intention, but I think the tack house and the shack Sharon lives in go up in flames also.
Victor doesn't have the money to rebuild the ranch? seriously?
You mean Sony doesn't want to pay for it. lol
Sharon's shack? I would love that house, that and the tack house are really cute, like them better than the ranch house.
Those houses are quite aways away from the main house, sharon is going to have to do some heavy spreading of gasoline to torch them all, unless the fire spreads through the trees.
Guess she'll be in jail or the looney bin for a long time.

Sammie Jo
Member Avatar

Only1Way
Oct 2 2012, 08:12 AM
NO excuses for what Sharon does. If TPTB choose to change appearances, that's good and burning it assures there will be changes made.
Leaving things the same way is a comfort thing. It's home.
We lost our home of 30 years. Sure some pieces of furniture changed through the years, but we left it a lot the same because it made it more "homey."
I change styles all the time, I've gone from rustic, to british caribbean and now I'm on contemporary/antique eclectic.
It doesn't cost that much if you have basic furniture pieces and just change out he paint and accessories.

Ringwraiths
Member Avatar

Quote:

I'm with you. I certainly won't miss the Newman Ranch sets at all. I think they are dirty and antiquated. I'm sure this will save lots of money in the budget and they will be able to have money to build and revamp other sets that are needed on Y&R. I hope the new sets will look as good as the ones on Bold and the Beautiful. This is a much needed change in my opinion.

Quote:

Thanks for the info. Whatever happens I'll always root for Sharon on Y&R. If all of this comes to pas then it will be good to see the super hypocritical and egotistical characters of Victor, Nikki, Nick, and Victoria suffer some real loss after all of the nefarious shenanigans they have consistently put others through.

Sonic
Member Avatar

Damon Porter had his own place, Phyllis's penthouse she bought herself after her divorce from Jack, when she and Daniel were moving in she told him they would not have any furnishing as getting the place wiped out her savings, (she took nothing from Jack when they divorced), Jack surprised them by having the penthouse fully decorated.

soulsistah
Member Avatar

slayer2
Oct 1 2012, 02:53 PM
Wow. Why do they hate Sharon Case so goddamn much? What'd she ever do to them....Jesus.
Maria Bell and that Hogan Sheffer really did get off on denegrating and humiliating Sharon. Rumour is (per tweets), Sharon Case ticked MAB off and so we see how MAB got her revenge with SC's character. She set out to destroy her, just like she did to MW's version of Diane. It's so blatant in the writing that it's disgusting and fans finally showed TPTB at Sony and CBS how much they detested what MAB was doing to Sharon. Finally viewers get their payoff: MAB is no more and SC remains. Hooray!!

Sonic
Member Avatar

I do not see any difference in Sharon of 2012 and Sharon of 1994, still a golddigger, still a liar, still a thief, still NOT a virgin!

This is the way I have always seen Sharon!

soapflake02

Sonic
Oct 2 2012, 01:48 PM
I do not see any difference in Sharon of 2012 and Sharon of 1994, still a golddigger, still a liar, still a thief, still NOT a virgin!

no character has ever not been written that way why is sharon different?

Shick
Member Avatar
My reaction to current Y&R ...

Sonic
Oct 2 2012, 01:48 PM

I disagree completely :) Except for the virgin part of course.

3WishGenie
Member Avatar

I much prefer Sharon as a brunette :smile: just felt like sayin that lol
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

babyjazz
Member Avatar

Why not use Felix and Oscar's old apartment from "The Odd Couple" set. :sarcasm: Rather symbolic for this situation.

I liked the Ranch from way back when. But, seriously, the coffee house, Gloworm, atheletic club and others are the choice of sets mostly, aren't they?? :facepalm:

Only1Way
Member Avatar

I think Victor and Nikki were leading us up to the ranch burning. They talked of all the years and memories in there.
I hope they play a montage (sp?) of ranch scenes when the firetrucks, ambulances and family is standing around crying and holding each other.
That will be a tear jerker for sure. Especially if you've ever lost a home to fire.

:tears:

lightandday
Member Avatar
HBD-Nesta Robert Marley,February 6, 1945 BitchesBrew

Miss Rhi
Oct 1 2012, 02:31 PM
Young and Restless' Sharon Newman in 'The Burning Ranch'

The rumors are true. The Young and the Restless is about to retire one of its most iconic sets the Newman Ranch. According to Soap Opera Uncensored's Nelson Branco, the sprawling estate Kay Chancellor (Jeanne Cooper) sold to Victor Newman (Eric Braeden) way back in the early 80's, is about to be torched by that whack-o-mess Sharon (Sharon Case)!

According to Branco, the fictional spread won't be rebuilt. Victor and Nikki (Melody Thomas Scott) will instead move into (Gasp!) a penthouse. This is not right, and it's not okay. Nikki Newman is supposed to be back on that ranch in a chinchilla coat in time for winter! Grrr...

Source: Daytime Confidential
Well isn't this special Sharon really meant it when she said "I'm Victor Newman" my babydoll will now Join Victor in the Arsonist department too. :flipoff:

Sammie Jo
Member Avatar

lightandday
Oct 2 2012, 03:29 PM
Miss Rhi
Oct 1 2012, 02:31 PM
Young and Restless' Sharon Newman in 'The Burning Ranch'

The rumors are true. The Young and the Restless is about to retire one of its most iconic sets the Newman Ranch. According to Soap Opera Uncensored's Nelson Branco, the sprawling estate Kay Chancellor (Jeanne Cooper) sold to Victor Newman (Eric Braeden) way back in the early 80's, is about to be torched by that whack-o-mess Sharon (Sharon Case)!

According to Branco, the fictional spread won't be rebuilt. Victor and Nikki (Melody Thomas Scott) will instead move into (Gasp!) a penthouse. This is not right, and it's not okay. Nikki Newman is supposed to be back on that ranch in a chinchilla coat in time for winter! Grrr...

Source: Daytime Confidential
Well isn't this special Sharon really meant it when she said "I'm Victor Newman" my babydoll will now Join Victor in the Arsonist department too. :flipoff:
what did Victor burn?

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Create your own social network with a free forum.
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Y&R & B&B: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply