Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Wednesday, October 3rd Daily Discussion
Topic Started: Oct 2 2012, 01:50 PM (5,183 Views)
Dreamer
Gone, But Not Forgotten!

I enjoyed today's epi, it was as good as yesterday's. Not the characters or SLs I would have preferred.
But I enjoyed seeing Jennifer knocked off her pedestal a few rungs and will watch to see her and Nicole go at it again.

Poor Abby, caught in bad writing. Funny how she suddenly found her cellphone.

I have just learned to completely ignore Daniel.

Brady needs to mind his own business, he's getting fucking annoying

Even liked Rafe's scene's though his acting was laughable at best, but I thought he was cute.

I need to wipe the smirk of Will's face, it's getting annoying.

I loved sneaky Sami listening in on Chad and EJ's dicussion, this is the Sami I like
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Lady Evol
Member Avatar

nocturnalblondie
Oct 2 2012, 02:48 PM
Skye
Oct 2 2012, 01:50 PM
abi says isnt this dans problem
jen says he saved my life
Bitch, he's a doctor... it's his job.
I love this.

Honeybees
Member Avatar

Honeybees
Oct 2 2012, 05:46 PM
I love Will, but not when he's propping Rafe.
I love Abby, but it's horrific that she would be used to prop Daniel.

:soapbox:

I am not happy. But I will watch for Nick.

But if Nick ends up propping Rafe or Daniel, I'll vomit.

But, and I would like to point out that Nick doesn't prop Gabi. He brings out good things in the character and actor, and there's been no monologue-ing about how AWESOME she is.
Just to expand my earlier point, I do not understand how professional television writers don't understand that propping doesn't work. No matter how popular Will and Abby are - and they are both well-liked characters, even if Will drives some crazy - the audience is not going to buy them breaking character and suddenly propping another character. Yes, Will has always liked Rafe for unclear reasons beyond he's always been used to prop him, but after the couch sex debacle Will was powerfully clear on the point that his mother had destroyed that marriage. It makes no narrative sense whatsoever that Will, who as a child always wanted his parents together, would suddenly change gears and want a Safe reunion after just seeing his mother break his Dad's heart. It's not Will saying those things, it's bad writers.

Abby loved and was devoted to her Dad. She's devastated by his death. Abby becoming a champion of Dannifer is not Abby talking, it's bad writers. Utterly horrifying that the writers would use her character this way.

Meanwhile, Gabi is starting to be actually likable, not because everyone in town is talking about how wonderful she is, but the opposite. And she's developing a relationship with Nick - not even a romantic one yet - based on the shared idea of having done wrong and being the town pariah. It works because BB is a great, charismatic actor and the storyline supports those two bonding. Thus, suddenly people who have loathed Gabi - including myself - are suddenly turning around and enjoying her scenes. Good actors, interesting story arcs and relationships that make sense is what makes people like characters, not non-sensical propping. It's screenwriting 101.

The only thing Abby singing Daniel's praises make me do is repeat the catchphrase "The wrong Deveraux died" over and over.
Edited by Honeybees, Oct 3 2012, 05:45 AM.

Partnersincrime
Member Avatar

Honeybees
Oct 3 2012, 05:45 AM
Honeybees

But, and I would like to point out that Nick doesn't prop Gabi. He brings out good things in the character and actor, and there's been no monologue-ing about how AWESOME she is.
Just to expand my earlier point, I do not understand how professional television writers don't understand that propping doesn't work. No matter how popular Will and Abby are - and they are both well-liked characters, even if Will drives some crazy - the audience is not going to buy them breaking character and suddenly propping another character. Yes, Will has always liked Rafe for unclear reasons beyond he's always been used to prop him, but after the couch sex debacle Will was powerfully clear on the point that his mother had destroyed that marriage. It makes no narrative sense whatsoever that Will, who as a child always wanted his parents together, would suddenly change gears and want a Safe reunion after just seeing his mother break his Dad's heart. It's not Will saying those things, it's bad writers.

Abby loved and was devoted to her Dad. She's devastated by his death. Abby becoming a champion of Dannifer is not Abby talking, it's bad writers. Utterly horrifying that the writers would use her character this way.

Meanwhile, Gabi is starting to be actually likable, not because everyone in town is talking about how wonderful she is, but the opposite. And she's developing a relationship with Nick - not even a romantic one yet - based on the shared idea of having done wrong and being the town pariah. It works because BB is a great, charismatic actor and the storyline supports those two bonding. Thus, suddenly people who have loathed Gabi - including myself - are suddenly turning around and enjoying her scenes. Good actors, interesting story arcs and relationships that make sense is what makes people like characters, not non-sensical propping. It's screenwriting 101.

The only thing Abby singing Daniel's praises make me do is repeat the catchphrase "The wrong Deveraux died" over and over.

it did not make sense either to will prop ej and do everthing to protected ej and trust him to tell where he was the night steafno was so called murder and not telling no one else [will hate ej enough to try to kill him and later became his bff ]
it was not believe at all its like to skip from point A to going E

will saw his own father crying because of sami did it did not stop being defnsive with him later and also encourage his mom to be both with ej and rafe while he was anti to sami being with lucas and while sami and will did talk about it had more vibe lucas need to get over himself like sami did nothing wrong unlike will was angry for months for what sami did to rafe despite it seem rafe seem to move on to carrie
while will does not care at all what sami did to lucas he did not even bother to say something gee mom wait bit before dating for not rubbing on dad face or something like dad
that one of my many reasons why wash my hands from willam dimerandez
abby also prop daniel since KM step into to rule fo abby and trash jack

the only thing was good in mardr that at least abby stop trashing jack
so at least abby does not bad stuff on jack yet like last time during tomlin area

will and abby both suffer from the same Syndrome that they must love no matter what
who the show want to pair their mom with will[rafe and ej]and abby[Daniel]with zero regard to their fathers
will suffer from extreme case of that Syndrome '

Edited by Partnersincrime, Oct 3 2012, 07:30 AM.

Courtneya6688
Member Avatar

It makes me sick that they have abby propping jennifer and daniel. She should still be tore up over her dads death. He died saving her. The thought of her mom moving on so quickly should disgust her as much as the audience

appleblossom

Courtneya6688
Oct 3 2012, 07:33 AM
It makes me sick that they have abby propping jennifer and daniel. She should still be tore up over her dads death. He died saving her. The thought of her mom moving on so quickly should disgust her as much as the audience
I hope it does not take tragedy for Will to realize how much his dad means to him. I think it affected him seeing his dad cry, although he didn't act like it did. I think if Sami did want to reunite with Lucas, Will would have choice words for both, especially his mom. I think in some ways, he is fed up with her fickle ways and just dosen't care anymore. He did warn EJ , like he warned his dad about getting hurt, but neither heeded his warning. I felt bad for Abby to lose her dad also, but feels she needs to respect her mom more also. Yeah the cousins were once the apple in their dad's eyes. Sad their relationships were tarnished, at least Will can heal the rift with his poppa.
Edited by appleblossom, Oct 3 2012, 07:49 AM.

eyebrowns

Is it true that a lot of the storylines are set to pick up on 10/15? I've been hearing around that was true. It really feels like these stories are building to something bigger... or maybe I'm just being hopeful. lol I hope it's true!

LuvingLumi
Member Avatar
♥ LUMI ♥

eyebrowns
Oct 3 2012, 12:39 PM
Is it true that a lot of the storylines are set to pick up on 10/15? I've been hearing around that was true. It really feels like these stories are building to something bigger... or maybe I'm just being hopeful. lol I hope it's true!
That was said by Source Ryan. I follow him on twitter and do I believe it? Well...if you take a look at generally when stories 'move' and things 'happen' ON ALL SOAPS and scripted shows in general, it's NORMALLY during sweeps...and November sweeps starts the week of October 22, so yeah, it fits.

eyebrowns

I hope it's an umbrella storyline. It feels like it could be since all the storylines are sort of intermingled right now? And with Nicole's baby possibly 'dying' it could really tie things in together. Apparently her new doctor flies off to South America after the appointment... Doesn't Stefano have multiple places there? lol I hope it really gets exciting! Especially with Kristen coming!

Tripp
Member Avatar
Geekette

Watching today's episode and Jennifer is ridiculously over the top. I mean she is in Chad territory here. Screaming at Nicole over what she's doing to Daniel. And I hate watching Nicole yell back at her. The only saving grace is Caroline in the background which is sad because she may be confused. I know we don't say this very often, but I'm glad Days is tackling this story: the Caroline Alzheimer's one. (Not the Dannifer story)

Nick is not on my screen nearly enough.

eyebrowns

Tripp
Oct 3 2012, 01:16 PM
Watching today's episode and Jennifer is ridiculously over the top. I mean she is in Chad territory here. Screaming at Nicole over what she's doing to Daniel. And I hate watching Nicole yell back at her. The only saving grace is Caroline in the background which is sad because she may be confused. I know we don't say this very often, but I'm glad Days is tackling this story: the Caroline Alzheimer's one. (Not the Dannifer story)

I'm not sure if she's acting or if it's real life but Peggy McCay has been looking really frail lately. And has a lot of shakes. I noticed it when she first talked to Nick and I was hoping they'd touch on something like that. This has the potential to be really upsetting though. :'(

And I oddly really liked Nick and Gabi today. I was actually smiling watching them which is weird since they're not my favorites at all.

Tripp
Member Avatar
Geekette

eyebrowns
Oct 3 2012, 01:25 PM
Tripp
Oct 3 2012, 01:16 PM

I'm not sure if she's acting or if it's real life but Peggy McCay has been looking really frail lately. And has a lot of shakes. I noticed it when she first talked to Nick and I was hoping they'd touch on something like that. This has the potential to be really upsetting though. :'(

And I oddly really liked Nick and Gabi today. I was actually smiling watching them which is weird since they're not my favorites at all.
Since I only recently returned the show, I was startled in Caroline's scenes with Nick. I thought she was struggling through the scene but now I wonder if that was on purpose or she has agreed to this storyline because of it.

Courtneya6688
Member Avatar

I think the biggest let down for me today was that brady was more concerned for jen then nicole. These two have a long history and he knows how much her baby means to her.

oryfan
Member Avatar

ScorpioQueen
Oct 2 2012, 05:53 PM
I can't wait for the Nabi kiss :wub: and for Nick to put Chad in his place. :flipoff: Everything else is crap!
Lol, this is what I came here for! I won't be able to watch it til MUCH later. Someone give me details. Was it good? Was the chem on and poppin?

nolagirl
Member Avatar

Honeybees
Oct 3 2012, 05:45 AM
Honeybees

See I can't seem to get past the fact that Gabi is not and never will or has been the town pariah. The only people that know what she did is Nick (who one would think would be a bit torn about it since Melanie helped get him out and she did hurt Melanie). But that's not the point, the only people who know what she did is Rafe (trying to protect her, Justin her lawyer) and Chad/EJ which now aren't going to say anything. So she will never pay for her crimes two people are dead for what she started and she walks away the winner with a smug face. Telling Chad if he had told her there was no future for them none of that would have happened, bitch he had a live in girl friend (duh is anyone in there McFly). Although have to say she's a Hernandez and Tomlin show his favortism to anything Rafe related. Doubt Abby will ever find out that Gabi is the reason her father is dead, but she'll sure tear Chad a new one for beating up Nick. :shame: Sounds a bit backward to me.

ScorpioQueen
Member Avatar

oryfan
Oct 3 2012, 01:54 PM
ScorpioQueen
I can't wait for the Nabi kiss :wub: and for Nick to put Chad in his place. :flipoff: Everything else is crap!
Lol, this is what I came here for! I won't be able to watch it til MUCH later. Someone give me details. Was it good? Was the chem on and poppin?
LOL, the scenes were great! :wub: Nick was totally hott standing up to Chad and then got kinda shy and timid when Gabi asked him why he stood up to Chad for her. The kiss was sweet and tender and yes the chemistry was on! :blowkiss: Some are saying it's too soon and I agreed but they were not all over each other by any means. It is a little soon but it's not like they know nothing about each other. She helped him and now he's helped her. I liked how Gabi was flustered afterward and he asked if he overstepped his boundaries. I'm looking forward to how their next scenes will be.

oryfan
Member Avatar

ScorpioQueen
Oct 3 2012, 05:27 PM
oryfan
Oct 3 2012, 01:54 PM
ScorpioQueen
LOL, the scenes were great! :wub: Nick was totally hott standing up to Chad and then got kinda shy and timid when Gabi asked him why he stood up to Chad for her. The kiss was sweet and tender and yes the chemistry was on! :blowkiss: Some are saying it's too soon and I agreed but they were not all over each other by any means. It is a little soon but it's not like they know nothing about each other. She helped him and now he's helped her. I liked how Gabi was flustered afterward and he asked if he overstepped his boundaries. I'm looking forward to how their next scenes will be.
Ooooooooh sounds great o me. Thanks for the details. And yeh, I can see why some would say it's too soon. However, Nick's been in prison a minute and Gabi's aint bad looking! Plus, their kinda both goign through some tough things and that probably makes them feel closer. As long as they aren't making declarations of love by next week, I'm good.

P.S. I love your gif! Carter and Reese are so much love. POI is such a great show.
Edited by oryfan, Oct 3 2012, 05:51 PM.

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

Could somebody explain the reason for Caroline eavesdropping on Jennifer and Nicole? What point did that serve?

I missed part of Rafe's scene when he was talking to Arianna's picture. Did we actually see Lindsey Hartley?

Oh hey Billie! Long time no see. Still pointless.

This whole build up to Bo's exit is incredibly lame. I'd rather see him mutilated in the town square.

Longoria

I did a double take when they showed Arianna's picture! I miss Lindsay Hartley. Is this a clue to maybe her coming back? Maybe she's being held in some hidden room by Kristen who was instructed by Stefano to do so! LOL

ScorpioQueen
Member Avatar

Chad has some nerve telling Gabi to stay away from him when HE was the one who sought Gabi out and threatened her. :wtf: What a psycho!

I'm liking all the Arianna references. I wouldn't mind if they asked Lindsay Hartley to come back.
Edited by ScorpioQueen, Oct 3 2012, 07:10 PM.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply