Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Wednesday, October 3rd Daily Discussion
Topic Started: Oct 2 2012, 01:50 PM (5,131 Views)
concerned
Member Avatar

ScorpioQueen
Oct 3 2012, 07:07 PM
Chad has some nerve telling Gabi to stay away from him when HE was the one who sought Gabi out and threatened her. :wtf: What a psycho!

I'm liking all the Arianna references. I wouldn't mind if they asked Lindsay Hartley to come back.
Why so she can spout Rafe's greatness as well?

Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Cupcake06

concerned
Oct 3 2012, 07:42 PM
ScorpioQueen
Chad has some nerve telling Gabi to stay away from him when HE was the one who sought Gabi out and threatened her. :wtf: What a psycho!

I'm liking all the Arianna references. I wouldn't mind if they asked Lindsay Hartley to come back.

So she could....kick his ass.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

concerned
Member Avatar

Cupcake06
Oct 3 2012, 07:44 PM
concerned
Oct 3 2012, 07:42 PM
ScorpioQueen

So she could....kick his ass.
like there is the remote possibility that anyone will ever be able to do that.

I wouldn't be surprised if Stefano comes back sporting an FBI jacket at this rate.

samixxx
Member Avatar

I thought the Nabi kiss was super sweet.

Nice touch with Rafe talking to Ari's pic. Hope to see her back.

Hamilton
Member Avatar

I really liked today's show.

The Gabi and Nick kiss was sweet. Really liking this pairing. I think it's going to be a fun storyline to follow.

Galen was excellent showing Rafe's struggle with Sami and not telling her and being torn up about it.

Caroline had me cracking up as she was eavesdropping in HTS. I think her Alzheimer story is a smart choice for her character at this point in time.

Nicole is still one cool cucumber and I love that more of her devious side is shining through. I so enjoy her cunning nature.

Jennifer is still so outmatched, but boy the woman can rant! Brady being pulled in just adds more to the story. I'm not happy about the baby dying, but it's just too soon to know for certain what is planned so rather than grab a torch, I'm going to go with the story and see what twists may lay ahead.

I have no problem with Will and Rafe sharing a conversation. Will has always been fond of Rafe and the way Rafe stepped in to support Sami and Will's siblings. He witnessed a happy marriage between his mom and Rafe and liked the stability it gave all the kids - something he missed growing up himself. Loving and respecting Rafe doesn't mean he feels less for his own father as a result. Love isn't limiting that way. I had much more difficulty with Will ever fully supporting Ej considering how the man destroyed his own parents relationship to the point he shot him and then going through the other nefarious actions against the family. I could more easily buy Will being seduced by the power of Stefano much more than a mere bully like Ej.

Thank God they are finally letting Sami show signs of having a brain by sneaking after Ej. It's about time she has a moment where she's not blindly spouting 'he's changed' and showing absolutely no character growth at all.

concerned
Member Avatar

Hamilton
Oct 3 2012, 09:24 PM

The Gabi and Nick kiss was sweet. Really liking this pairing. I think it's going to be a fun storyline to follow.

Galen was excellent showing Rafe's struggle with Sami and not telling her and being torn up about it.

Caroline had me cracking up as she was eavesdropping in HTS. I think her Alzheimer story is a smart choice for her character at this point in time.

Nicole is still one cool cucumber and I love that more of her devious side is shining through. I so enjoy her cunning nature.

Jennifer is still so outmatched, but boy the woman can rant! Brady being pulled in just adds more to the story. I'm not happy about the baby dying, but it's just too soon to know for certain what is planned so rather than grab a torch, I'm going to go with the story and see what twists may lay ahead.

I have no problem with Will and Rafe sharing a conversation. Will has always been fond of Rafe and the way Rafe stepped in to support Sami and Will's siblings. He witnessed a happy marriage between his mom and Rafe and liked the stability it gave all the kids - something he missed growing up himself. Loving and respecting Rafe doesn't mean he feels less for his own father as a result. Love isn't limiting that way. I had much more difficulty with Will ever fully supporting Ej considering how the man destroyed his own parents relationship to the point he shot him and then going through the other nefarious actions against the family. I could more easily buy Will being seduced by the power of Stefano much more than a mere bully like Ej.

Thank God they are finally letting Sami show signs of having a brain by sneaking after Ej. It's about time she has a moment where she's not blindly spouting 'he's changed' and showing absolutely no character growth at all.
It must be a brain on a flickering diverter switch. Today she will be uncovering the evils of big bad EJ tomorrow she'll happily be accepting another apartment from him and pleading with him to help her retain control of Countess W.

samixxx
Member Avatar

~ with Sami who knows anymore. Maybe her and Ej will have grief sex over baby Ejole. :shrug:

Partnersincrime
Member Avatar

Hamilton

the problem that will did not show Loving and respecting to his father at all only to rafe and ej

since rafe enter to the picture its like lucas never exist in will life

Edited by Partnersincrime, Oct 4 2012, 02:47 AM.

Honeybees
Member Avatar

Partnersincrime
Oct 4 2012, 02:46 AM
Hamilton

the problem that will did not show Loving and respecting to his father at all only to rafe and ej

I don't think Will's attitude to Rafe and EJ are at all like. It is consistent that Will has always liked Rafe and seen him as a good influence on his mother - though I still question why at this point after couch sex, and watching Sami flit between EJ and Lucas, that Will would seem to want a reunion with Safe given that he does in fact, like, Rafe. The only logical thing would be if Will wanted his mother single.

With EJ, it was a far more complicated situation. It played like a love-hate crush up until the whole fugitive storyline. The Will/EJ friendship was supposed to be twisted and complicated and unsettling. It was the vehicle for Will getting a dark side, which I still hope the show doesn't abandon. I don't want him evil, just skewed a little. But I also thought Will's attitude toward EJ, innocent or no, during the fugitive plotline didn't make a whole lot of sense.

Alas, Will doesn't seem to care much about Lucas because the writers don't really care about him. But at this point, I'd have an issue if Will wanted them back together given the hurt Sami caused him.

I did like the Gabi/Nick kiss as well. The writers should keep her in his orbit.

Partnersincrime
Member Avatar

Honeybees
Oct 4 2012, 06:44 AM
Partnersincrime
Oct 4 2012, 02:46 AM
Hamilton

I don't think Will's attitude to Rafe and EJ are at all like. It is consistent that Will has always liked Rafe and seen him as a good influence on his mother - though I still question why at this point after couch sex, and watching Sami flit between EJ and Lucas, that Will would seem to want a reunion with Safe given that he does in fact, like, Rafe. The only logical thing would be if Will wanted his mother single.

With EJ, it was a far more complicated situation. It played like a love-hate crush up until the whole fugitive storyline. The Will/EJ friendship was supposed to be twisted and complicated and unsettling. It was the vehicle for Will getting a dark side, which I still hope the show doesn't abandon. I don't want him evil, just skewed a little. But I also thought Will's attitude toward EJ, innocent or no, during the fugitive plotline didn't make a whole lot of sense.

Alas, Will doesn't seem to care much about Lucas because the writers don't really care about him. But at this point, I'd have an issue if Will wanted them back together given the hurt Sami caused him.

I did like the Gabi/Nick kiss as well. The writers should keep her in his orbit.

i was fine when will did not want lucas and sami together it only became problem that he became pro for sami to be with ej or rafe proving the only one he did not want his mom with is father and since he did not have problem sami hurt lucas unlike rafe prove it never about his mom hurt his dad since his on best terms with his mom after she did do that

Will's attitude toward EJ after late may it went down to hill will seem more upset that ej was mad on him that lot stuff happen later and will trust ej to tell where he was when so called stefano murder while no telling to sonny or marlena or gabi or someoneelse than know he is gay but ej

and yes its very true Will doesn't seem to care much about Lucas because the writers don't really care about him
Edited by Partnersincrime, Oct 4 2012, 07:08 AM.

Harmony233

which is depressing as hell lucas/will were always close i'm suprised at this point they haven't rectonned lucas's kids to be rafes

Partnersincrime
Member Avatar

Harmony233
Oct 4 2012, 07:16 AM
which is depressing as hell lucas/will were always close i'm suprised at this point they haven't rectonned lucas's kids to be rafes
i know :(

Sandy

Honeybees
Oct 3 2012, 05:45 AM
Honeybees
Oct 2 2012, 05:46 PM
I love Will, but not when he's propping Rafe.
I love Abby, but it's horrific that she would be used to prop Daniel.

:soapbox:

I am not happy. But I will watch for Nick.

But if Nick ends up propping Rafe or Daniel, I'll vomit.

But, and I would like to point out that Nick doesn't prop Gabi. He brings out good things in the character and actor, and there's been no monologue-ing about how AWESOME she is.
Just to expand my earlier point, I do not understand how professional television writers don't understand that propping doesn't work. No matter how popular Will and Abby are - and they are both well-liked characters, even if Will drives some crazy - the audience is not going to buy them breaking character and suddenly propping another character. Yes, Will has always liked Rafe for unclear reasons beyond he's always been used to prop him, but after the couch sex debacle Will was powerfully clear on the point that his mother had destroyed that marriage. It makes no narrative sense whatsoever that Will, who as a child always wanted his parents together, would suddenly change gears and want a Safe reunion after just seeing his mother break his Dad's heart. It's not Will saying those things, it's bad writers.

Abby loved and was devoted to her Dad. She's devastated by his death. Abby becoming a champion of Dannifer is not Abby talking, it's bad writers. Utterly horrifying that the writers would use her character this way.

Meanwhile, Gabi is starting to be actually likable, not because everyone in town is talking about how wonderful she is, but the opposite. And she's developing a relationship with Nick - not even a romantic one yet - based on the shared idea of having done wrong and being the town pariah. It works because BB is a great, charismatic actor and the storyline supports those two bonding. Thus, suddenly people who have loathed Gabi - including myself - are suddenly turning around and enjoying her scenes. Good actors, interesting story arcs and relationships that make sense is what makes people like characters, not non-sensical propping. It's screenwriting 101.

The only thing Abby singing Daniel's praises make me do is repeat the catchphrase "The wrong Deveraux died" over and over.
I really wonder if the new writers study the long term history of the characters before they start writing. There are so many ways they could take these characters and have people actually jonesing for the next episode of this show.

Anita

Courtneya6688
Oct 3 2012, 01:45 PM
I think the biggest let down for me today was that brady was more concerned for jen then nicole. These two have a long history and he knows how much her baby means to her.
I was very surprised at that as well. I thought when Brady arrived at the scene that he would usher Nicole away.

Harmony233

Anita
Oct 4 2012, 08:48 AM
Courtneya6688
I think the biggest let down for me today was that brady was more concerned for jen then nicole. These two have a long history and he knows how much her baby means to her.
I was very surprised at that as well. I thought when Brady arrived at the scene that he would usher Nicole away.
I'm sure that brady will be in a long list of characters to line up and tell her off about how horrible she is to jenn-jenn RME

Honeybees
Member Avatar

Harmony233
Oct 4 2012, 09:02 AM
Anita
Oct 4 2012, 08:48 AM
Courtneya6688
I'm sure that brady will be in a long list of characters to line up and tell her off about how horrible she is to jenn-jenn RME
One thing I am sure of is the writers have no clue how utterly unlikable Jennifer has become. She's not likable at all, and my guess is anyone tuning in would look at those scenes and not know they were supposed to be rooting for Jennifer over Nicole.

Courtneya6688
Member Avatar

I really hope that at the end of this that brady sticks in nicoles corner. He honestly may be the only person that can get through to her after this is all said and done

Lil
Member Avatar

Nicole! "I just hope she doesn't start talking to walls like her mother!" hahahahahahahahahaha Honestly, Nikki, dear, I hope she DOES JUST THAT! That is the only way I think Jennifer will ever be Jennifer Rose instead of Jennifer Whoreton again!!! More sticking t to the bitch, please!!!

Chad is intolerably awful. I kind of like his s/l currently but the acting is so unbearably bad.

Rafe/SlamPig/EJ *eyeroll* Whatever.

Will pimping Safe and Abby pimping Dannifer makes me want to throw things. CM &KM deserve so much better than this.

I liked Brady today,though I agree that his leaning was a hair too far on the Jenn side....But I think that's because he knows Nicole better than anyone. I took it as he knows Nikki's all up in Dr. Perv's shit and Taniel is not that into her. I think he was partly protecting Nicole here. That's how I choose to see it so therefore that's how it is lol I liked his warning to Taniel that Nicole doesn't like coming in second. I hope Nicole eventually crucifies both Jennifer AND Dr. Pervypants. If I need to see Nicole suffer the loss of another child then I most definitely want some serious havoc to be wreaked in the aftermath!!!!! Can't think of two assholes who deserve it more either!

I'm loving Caroline lol I shouldn't find it funny, but some of her expressions today had me rolling.

Billie...Really? How much more useless can Lipsy be????

It is shameful the crap they are giving to Beauregard. Honestly...such bullshit. And boring bullshit at that.

Can't wait for Stefano to come back. This epi only held half my interest. Can't wait for Kristen.

WHERE THE HELL ARE KATE & LUCAS?! (And Sonny?!?!?!) I feel like I haven't seen them in eons.

Lil
Member Avatar

Oh, and I didn't uch care for the Rafester scene itself...but I liked seeing Arianna. I'd love LH to come back. And come back PISSED at Rafe and SlamPig. I think she and EJ would make a fresh and delicious pair of schemers.

somersetfan
Member Avatar

Lil
Oct 4 2012, 10:10 AM
Nicole! "I just hope she doesn't start talking to walls like her mother!" hahahahahahahahahaha Honestly, Nikki, dear, I hope she DOES JUST THAT! That is the only way I think Jennifer will ever be Jennifer Rose instead of Jennifer Whoreton again!!! More sticking t to the bitch, please!!!
That line made my day! I wouldn't mind Jennifer losing her mind either. Depanding on how they write it a story like that could be amazing. Imagine Jen having dead people taunt her into madness just like her mother back in the day. It could be so campy and great.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply