Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
TV Guide: Kristen DiMera Returns to Salem!
Topic Started: Oct 2 2012, 02:52 PM (9,138 Views)
MissLola
Member Avatar

ShaneDOOLFan
Oct 2 2012, 03:17 PM
hate to break it to you all but the horton cabin was a very special place for john and kristen as well. im not going to judge until I actually watch. those of you who are mad about one spoiler should really get over it.
I'm just happy that they are getting a storyline.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

specialcases
Member Avatar

LuvingLumi
karoline
Oct 2 2012, 03:11 PM
Supergirlx2
Oct 2 2012, 03:05 PM
lysie
Oct 2 2012, 03:04 PM
The Horton cabin!
why are John & Kristen there though?
Because that is where john snd marlena's daughter was born, so to these writers it must have seemed like the Perfect place to fuck us over... Well done Days.
I doubt they are actually doing anything really. I bet Kristen sets it up for Marlena to walk in on them in a compromising position so she can actually believe something went on when it didn't.

I see no reason to actually be unhappy about this, Jarlena are finally getting airtime, they will be front and center from late October on likely and if anything Kristen's return is a blessing for Jarlena who were clearly being held from their guaranteed appearances all these months so they can finally be given screen time now.

REJOICE!
^THIS! I am beyond baffled that people who are fans of Marlena and/or John are declaring that they are done with the show or feeling fucked over in any way over a vague spoiler that does nothing but show that Marlena and John FINALLY have a story again. :shrug:

This is nothing but great news to me, and I am giddy with excitement about whats to come with those 3 :cheer:
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

parisa

YES!!

I don't understand what people are so upset about. As a J&M fan, I'm tired of Marlena counseling the teens on who to take to prom and John loitering in Horton Town Square like a homeless man. Give them pain, give them anger, but give them scenes together!

Welcome back you crazy bitch. Hope to see you front burner along with my couple.

ShaneDOOLFan

no it should be the actual set and im going to wait and see how it plays on screen before I judge anything. Spoilers are what is killing this genre.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=454682661229484&set=a.203325703031849.48257.200775673286852&type=1&theater

somersetfan
Member Avatar

While I am happy Kristen's back I am waiting for word on Susan! I really hope Susan returns and gives her baby Elvis a few claps around the ear hole for his behaviour the past 6 years. I also would love to see Susan in scenes with Marlena again.
Edited by somersetfan, Oct 2 2012, 03:36 PM.

NocturnalBlondie
Member Avatar
Make EJ/Abby happen, DAYS!

Were we supposed to expect anything other than lazy writing? I'm exciting to see Kristen back, but under these writers, I'm sure her story will suck. Kind of takes away my excitement a little bit.

Dreamy
Member Avatar

I am watching & cannot for Kristen's return!

The Room Stops
Member Avatar

Kenny
Oct 2 2012, 03:23 PM
I doubt it's the real Horton cabin. It's probably a new rinky-dink set they're just calling the Horton cabin.

As for Marlena walking in on John and Kristen, I'm taking a wait-and-see approach. I'm sure nothing is actually going on between them, but still. It seems like a lazy way to drive story.
Yup, it's lazy. And this show doesn't have the ratings to continue being lazy.

The Room Stops
Member Avatar

specialcases
Oct 2 2012, 03:24 PM
LuvingLumi
karoline
Supergirlx2
Oct 2 2012, 03:05 PM

Quoting limited to 4 levels deep
Because that is where john snd marlena's daughter was born, so to these writers it must have seemed like the Perfect place to fuck us over... Well done Days.
I doubt they are actually doing anything really. I bet Kristen sets it up for Marlena to walk in on them in a compromising position so she can actually believe something went on when it didn't.

I see no reason to actually be unhappy about this, Jarlena are finally getting airtime, they will be front and center from late October on likely and if anything Kristen's return is a blessing for Jarlena who were clearly being held from their guaranteed appearances all these months so they can finally be given screen time now.

REJOICE!
^THIS! I am beyond baffled that people who are fans of Marlena and/or John are declaring that they are done with the show or feeling fucked over in any way over a vague spoiler that does nothing but show that Marlena and John FINALLY have a story again. :shrug:

This is nothing but great news to me, and I am giddy with excitement about whats to come with those 3 :cheer:
I'd rather have them in character. And I've watched this show too long to not know what's going to happen.

John will want to forgive Kristen because she's "changed" (out of character). Kristen will play on John's willingness to believe the change, she'll make an excuse to have him come to Horton Cabin, where she'll be stuck. She calls Marlena anonymously, making her come to the island, where she will time it so that she either a) has to share a bed, naked, cuddled up to John and Marlena walks in on it, or b) she accidentally trips and ends up his lap, in his arms or on the floor with him over her... and Marlena walks in. It's first grade... err, kindergarden... soap opera. Except, these three characters have a) done this already and b) are so past first grade it is ridiculous.

That said, prove me wrong writers, I would freaking LOVE IT. Because I want to be excited about a storyline, I really do... except the characters won't really BE John and Marlena, they'll just look the same.

Days4Life

Counting down the days until Kristen's return! I never thought it would happen so it's like a dream....hopefully, it will turn into a nightmare for Salem. Some of these characters need to be shaken up a bit.

specialcases
Member Avatar

The Room Stops
Oct 2 2012, 03:38 PM
Kenny
Oct 2 2012, 03:23 PM
I doubt it's the real Horton cabin. It's probably a new rinky-dink set they're just calling the Horton cabin.

As for Marlena walking in on John and Kristen, I'm taking a wait-and-see approach. I'm sure nothing is actually going on between them, but still. It seems like a lazy way to drive story.
Yup, it's lazy. And this show doesn't have the ratings to continue being lazy.
I don't understand how you know that it is lazy. That "spoiler" couldn't get much more vague. Not knowing any of the circumstances surrounding it or what happens beforehand, it seems to me like majorly jumping the gun in grading the storyline one way or another :shrug:

The Room Stops
Member Avatar

Days4Life
Oct 2 2012, 03:45 PM
hopefully, it will turn into a nightmare for Salem.
That's what I was hoping too...

NocturnalBlondie
Member Avatar
Make EJ/Abby happen, DAYS!

I do think John and Marlena fans can thank Kristen's return for keeping their couple on the show and on-canvas. The writing will no doubt suck, but Jarlena might not even still be on the show, had she not come back, IMO.

Mitchapalooza
Member Avatar
Killing myself slowly

karoline
Oct 2 2012, 03:07 PM
Fuck off Days. I'm done.
Do you prefer a visit from each of them every 2 months? Cause that is where we currently stand with them under TomSell.

Kristen = Storyline for J&M...ALL J&M fans should be happy about that.

specialcases
Member Avatar

The Room Stops
Oct 2 2012, 03:43 PM
specialcases
LuvingLumi
karoline

REJOICE!

I'd rather have them in character. And I've watched this show too long to not know what's going to happen.

John will want to forgive Kristen because she's "changed" (out of character). Kristen will play on John's willingness to believe the change, she'll make an excuse to have him come to Horton Cabin, where she'll be stuck. She calls Marlena anonymously, making her come to the island, where she will time it so that she either a) has to share a bed, naked, cuddled up to John and Marlena walks in on it, or b) she accidentally trips and ends up his lap, in his arms or on the floor with him over her... and Marlena walks in. It's first grade... err, kindergarden... soap opera. Except, these three characters have a) done this already and b) are so past first grade it is ridiculous.

That said, prove me wrong writers, I would freaking LOVE IT. Because I want to be excited about a storyline, I really do... except the characters won't really BE John and Marlena, they'll just look the same.
I guess we'll have to wait and see. If it sucks (and it very well might), then it sucks. It will at least be better - for me- than the current suckage, because it will feature some of the best this show has ever had to offer

Mitchapalooza
Member Avatar
Killing myself slowly

I cannot WAIT...and I can't wait for whatever devious plans she has in store for John & Marlena...the sooner they break up the better the story will be watching them reunite down the road.

The Room Stops
Member Avatar

specialcases
Oct 2 2012, 03:46 PM
I don't understand how you know that it is lazy. That "spoiler" couldn't get much more vague. Not knowing any of the circumstances surrounding it or what happens beforehand, it seems to me like majorly jumping the gun in grading the storyline one way or another :shrug:
Having the wife/soulmate walk in on their soulmate in the arms/compromising position is kindergarden soap opera. It's what you do to start a story with a new obstacle. Kristen is not new. She's a villain, and there's history to build on.

I would expect them to do it at some point, absolutely. But a month after she arrives in town? They did it with Bo and Billie, and it sucked balls then... Billie was also not a villain when she left the first time. I wanted Kristen to return with a bang. Like kidnapping Marlena and THEN revealing it's her. I've had my share of triangles for J&M, and they're beyond it. So far beyond, they can't even see land. They haven't been back and forth, in and out of love like other couples, it's been them for like 15 years. Do something daring, do something that shakes it up.

But hey, if they surprise me, I will absolutely give them credit and props. I'm just done getting my hope up, because I have the last 20 times Corday's proclaimed something or other about "John and Marlena's new story!" in SOD.

For me, in-character story is the most important.
Edited by The Room Stops, Oct 2 2012, 03:56 PM.

Mitchapalooza
Member Avatar
Killing myself slowly

specialcases
Oct 2 2012, 03:52 PM
The Room Stops
Oct 2 2012, 03:43 PM
specialcases
LuvingLumi

I guess we'll have to wait and see. If it sucks (and it very well might), then it sucks. It will at least be better - for me- than the current suckage, because it will feature some of the best this show has ever had to offer
I would rather watch ED & the DH's in sucky storylines ANYDAY of the week over the current crop of no talent hacks stinking it up in sucky storylines.

Spencer Hastings
Member Avatar

"Marlena finds John and Kristen in a compromising position" is the most vague and overplayed spoiler in the history of soaps. That could mean anything. I don't think that necessarily means it's time to throw in the towel and call it a day.

We've been complaining about the lack of John and Marlena for months now. We've been complaining about the lack of Kristen for over a decade. However stupid this vague (!) spoiler may seem at the moment, I think we should all be joining hands and singing "Kumbaya" right now because it looks like they may all be getting a front burner story--which also means five minutes less of Sami, EJ, Rafe, Daniel, Jennifer, Chad, and Gabi. :cheers:

Mitchapalooza
Member Avatar
Killing myself slowly

The Room Stops
Oct 2 2012, 03:55 PM
specialcases
Oct 2 2012, 03:46 PM
Having the wife/soulmate walk in on their soulmate in the arms/compromising position is kindergarden soap opera. It's what you do to start a story with a new obstacle. Kristen is not new. She's a villain, and there's history to build on.

I would expect them to do it at some point, absolutely. But a month after she arrives in town? They did it with Bo and Billie, and it sucked balls then... Billie was also not a villain when she left the first time. I wanted Kristen to return with a bang. Like kidnapping Marlena and THEN revealing it's her. I've had my share of triangles for J&M, and they're beyond it. So far beyond, they can't even see land. They haven't been back and forth, in and out of love like other couples, it's been them for like 15 years. Do something daring, do something that shakes it up.

But hey, if they surprise me, I will absolutely give them credit and props. I'm just done getting my hope up, because I have the last 20 times Corday's proclaimed something or other about "John and Marlena's new story!" in SOD.
While on paper this sounds good...in reality it would lead to Kristen being gone pretty quickly from the canvas. They need to instill some longevity with her return and I would MUCH rather see her come back conning everybody, while secretly and BTS planning Jarlena's demise...there are mor angles to play that way.

Would Marlena ever really believe Kristen has changed? Most likely not, but if she could befriend Stefano after the Possession storyline and believe he was changed, then she certainly can believe Kristen.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply