Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
TV Guide: Kristen DiMera Returns to Salem!
Topic Started: Oct 2 2012, 02:52 PM (9,269 Views)
The Room Stops
Member Avatar

Mitchapalooza
Oct 2 2012, 03:55 PM
specialcases
Oct 2 2012, 03:52 PM
The Room Stops
Oct 2 2012, 03:43 PM
specialcases
Oct 2 2012, 03:24 PM

Quoting limited to 4 levels deep
I'd rather have them in character. And I've watched this show too long to not know what's going to happen.

John will want to forgive Kristen because she's "changed" (out of character). Kristen will play on John's willingness to believe the change, she'll make an excuse to have him come to Horton Cabin, where she'll be stuck. She calls Marlena anonymously, making her come to the island, where she will time it so that she either a) has to share a bed, naked, cuddled up to John and Marlena walks in on it, or b) she accidentally trips and ends up his lap, in his arms or on the floor with him over her... and Marlena walks in. It's first grade... err, kindergarden... soap opera. Except, these three characters have a) done this already and b) are so past first grade it is ridiculous.

That said, prove me wrong writers, I would freaking LOVE IT. Because I want to be excited about a storyline, I really do... except the characters won't really BE John and Marlena, they'll just look the same.
I guess we'll have to wait and see. If it sucks (and it very well might), then it sucks. It will at least be better - for me- than the current suckage, because it will feature some of the best this show has ever had to offer
I would rather watch ED & the DH's in sucky storylines ANYDAY of the week over the current crop of no talent hacks stinking it up in sucky storylines.
Sucky storylines can still be in character, though. Just keep them in character and show them... and I will forgive a sucky story. Hell, John's "death" sucked balls post-funeral, but Marlena was in character, she was on, and so I'll forgive that they didn't use it to their advantage or that the story was boring and lazy.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

ShaneDOOLFan

this is hilarious that people are freaking out over one spoiler. as an avid deidre hall fan, I for one am ecstatic that kristen/eileen's return is going to give her story-line because she would continue to be used like she is right now, once in a blue moon. the story-line hasn't even started yet and people are being judgmental and negative. I wonder about the loyalty of some dool fans. nothing is ever good enough.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Mitchapalooza
Member Avatar
Killing myself slowly

Spencer Hastings
Oct 2 2012, 03:57 PM
"Marlena finds John and Kristen in a compromising position" is the most vague and overplayed spoiler in the history of soaps. That could mean anything. I don't think that necessarily means it's time to throw in the towel and call it a day.

We've been complaining about the lack of John and Marlena for months now. We've been complaining about the lack of Kristen for over a decade. However stupid this vague (!) spoiler may seem at the moment, I think we should all be joining hands and singing "Kumbaya" right now because it looks like they may all be getting a front burner story--which also means five minutes less of Sami, EJ, Rafe, Daniel, Jennifer, Chad, and Gabi. :cheers:
That is fucken GRAVY!

MissLola
Member Avatar

I agree with everyone that the writing will suck compared to what is was in the 90's when she was around. But this is honestly the only thing that may keep some viewers watching this sinking ship. Marlena/John/Kristin was a frontburner story for a few years and I enjoyed every minute of it. i don't expect it to me as good, but it sure beats the repetitive neverending crapfest that is Sami/Ej/Rafe/Nicole/Daniel/Jenn. Is it to much to ask that the whole lot be backburnered for a few months.

peaches179

Kevc1980
Oct 2 2012, 03:10 PM
The first spoiler in a long time that I'm very excited for. Bring it on Kristen.

ICAM. Bring on Marlena/Kristen! :D

The Room Stops
Member Avatar

Mitchapalooza
Oct 2 2012, 03:58 PM
While on paper this sounds good...in reality it would lead to Kristen being gone pretty quickly from the canvas. They need to instill some longevity with her return and I would MUCH rather see her come back conning everybody, while secretly and BTS planning Jarlena's demise...there are mor angles to play that way.

Would Marlena ever really believe Kristen has changed? Most likely not, but if she could befriend Stefano after the Possession storyline and believe he was changed, then she certainly can believe Kristen.
Except, Marlena did that because of overwhelming guilt for what she did while possessed. She didn't do anything to Kristen to ruin her life to warrant the things that happened.

Mitchapalooza
Member Avatar
Killing myself slowly

The Room Stops
Oct 2 2012, 03:59 PM
Mitchapalooza
Oct 2 2012, 03:55 PM
specialcases
Oct 2 2012, 03:52 PM
The Room Stops
Oct 2 2012, 03:43 PM

Quoting limited to 4 levels deep
I guess we'll have to wait and see. If it sucks (and it very well might), then it sucks. It will at least be better - for me- than the current suckage, because it will feature some of the best this show has ever had to offer
I would rather watch ED & the DH's in sucky storylines ANYDAY of the week over the current crop of no talent hacks stinking it up in sucky storylines.
Sucky storylines can still be in character, though. Just keep them in character and show them... and I will forgive a sucky story. Hell, John's "death" sucked balls post-funeral, but Marlena was in character, she was on, and so I'll forgive that they didn't use it to their advantage or that the story was boring and lazy.
Well it is hard to determine from what was spoiled whether or not the content will be played in character...it is FAR to vague to gauge that yet.

I am not a fan of TomSell and I have almost NO faith in their writing, so all of this could very well suck and suck HARD...but we gotta wait and see on this...I feel like it will be halfway decent only because of the actors involved.

jderoche5
Member Avatar

This thread is cracking me up! How can ANYONE who is J&M fan be upset over this. Happy J&M apparently mean no storyline. Add Kristen to the mix and the stories are endless. I am super pumped for this. Anything that could possibly bring on some angst is totally fine by me. How J&M are being handled right now is totally unacceptable. I'm happy with anything and everything they throw at us, because all you avid J&M fans should know......where there is a fight/angst, there are alway J&M makeup scenes.

The Room Stops
Member Avatar

ShaneDOOLFan
this is hilarious that people are freaking out over one spoiler. as an avid deidre hall fan, I for one am ecstatic that kristen/eileen's return is going to give her story-line because she would continue to be used like she is right now, once in a blue moon. the story-line hasn't even started yet and people are being judgmental and negative. I wonder about the loyalty of some dool fans. nothing is ever good enough.
When you've heard "John and Marlena's romantic new story", "John and Marlena's brand new story", "John and Marlena's AMAZING new story" and variations of the kind for 15 years, and nothing has ever come of it - yeah, you get a little less enthusiastic every time.

Seriously, do I hope it's awesome? HELL YEAH! I'm just not getting my hopes up, because J&M are my couple, and you love your soap couple in a strange way, and you get protective. I'm downplaying any inkling of hope, so that I don't get burned. Again.

(I assure you, otherwise in life, with actual life things, I'm very optimistic and hopeful ;)!)

The Room Stops
Member Avatar

Mitchapalooza
Oct 2 2012, 04:01 PM
I am not a fan of TomSell and I have almost NO faith in their writing, so all of this could very well suck and suck HARD...but we gotta wait and see on this...I feel like it will be halfway decent only because of the actors involved.
Oh hell, Drake, Deidre and Eileen will play the hell out of it, THAT is the only thing I don't doubt for a second!

I don't trust Tomlin one iota, because the last time he touched my J&M, they went to Switzerland.
Edited by The Room Stops, Oct 2 2012, 04:06 PM.

The Room Stops
Member Avatar

jderoche5
Oct 2 2012, 04:03 PM
This thread is cracking me up! How can ANYONE who is J&M fan be upset over this. Happy J&M apparently mean no storyline. Add Kristen to the mix and the stories are endless. I am super pumped for this. Anything that could possibly bring on some angst is totally fine by me. How J&M are being handled right now is totally unacceptable. I'm happy with anything and everything they throw at us, because all you avid J&M fans should know......where there is a fight/angst, there are alway J&M makeup scenes.
I've been online for like 15 years, I've gotten excited for like every single "JOHN AND MARLENA'S NEW STORY!" from 1998 until 2008. I'll just wait this one out. At least I'll watch this, though. And I will watch. I'm just prepping myself. And I have Jope, Brady/Winston/Hope shit from 2001, RoboJohn fresh in mind.

I want it to be good, I'm just not letting myself believe that.
Edited by The Room Stops, Oct 2 2012, 04:09 PM.

Alligato
Member Avatar

Kenny
Oct 2 2012, 03:23 PM
I doubt it's the real Horton cabin. It's probably a new rinky-dink set they're just calling the Horton cabin.

As for Marlena walking in on John and Kristen, I'm taking a wait-and-see approach. I'm sure nothing is actually going on between them, but still. It seems like a lazy way to drive story.
I guess I should just be happy they don't literally bump into each other in the Horton Square.

And have I been living under a rock? Because I had no idea that Sony axed ED from Young and the Restless so she could be at Days. That seems wrong. Why pull her from a higher rated show to this current pit of shit? Twenty bucks that Kristen's return will be one great week between Jarlena and the rest of the time, she will be flirting with Daniel and having coffee with Sami.

I wish I could get excited about this. But when they are done with that first introduction storyline, it's gonna hurt. Just like they did with Carrie and Austin, and Jack, and Lucas, and Carly, and Vivian and Ivan. :( All of my favorite vets were shit on. But we still have Sami.

The only bright spot is that Kristen's awesome first week will be less time for Sami and Rafe and EJ and Daniel.

Mitchapalooza
Member Avatar
Killing myself slowly

The Room Stops
Oct 2 2012, 04:04 PM
ShaneDOOLFan
When you've heard "John and Marlena's romantic new story", "John and Marlena's brand new story", "John and Marlena's AMAZING new story" and variations of the kind for 15 years, and nothing has ever come of it - yeah, you get a little less enthusiastic every time.

Seriously, do I hope it's awesome? HELL YEAH! I'm just not getting my hopes up, because J&M are my couple, and you love your soap couple in a strange way, and you get protective. I'm downplaying any inkling of hope, so that I don't get burned. Again.

(I assure you, otherwise in life, with actual life things, I'm very optimistic and hopeful ;)!)
I understand this totally and you only have to look at what TomSell has done to Payla, J&J, Caustin and soon Bope, to know how they respect DAYS' storied couples....that being said...I really think end game for sure is going to be Jarlena.

Kristen was always by far the best villain interloper of any DAYS supercouples, so I really think even if this is half-way good, we can still enjoy it, especially compared to what is on screen now.
Edited by Mitchapalooza, Oct 2 2012, 04:10 PM.

ShaneDOOLFan

I respect that you are a john and marlena fan as am I, but sometimes a couple needs to be broken up or given conflict. Fans need to be fans of the show and not certain characters or couples. If the shows only had fan-base fans (only certain couples for example) then this show wouldn't be on the air.

Sindacco
Member Avatar

I can't believe anyone would be done with the show over this. It will probably be a scene of Marlena walking into the cabin, see John and Kristen in the "compromising position", commercial break and then see it was nothing.

The Room Stops
Member Avatar

Mitchapalooza
Oct 2 2012, 04:08 PM
The Room Stops
Oct 2 2012, 04:04 PM
ShaneDOOLFan

I understand this totally and you only have to look at what TomSell has done to Payal, J&J and soon Bope, to know how they respect DAYS storied couples....that being said...I really think end game for sure is going to be Jarlena.

Kristen was always by far the best villain interloper of any DAYS supercouples, so I really think even if this is half-way good, we can still enjoy it, especially compared to what is on screen now.
I'm scared, Mitch. I'm scared. They ruined my J&J (and Jennifer), they wrote them off the last time they wrote them together... I used to believe J&J were endgame too... So I'm scared, in the you-totally-get-overprotective-over-your-soap-couple kind of scared.

The Room Stops
Member Avatar

Alligato
Oct 2 2012, 04:07 PM
And have I been living under a rock? Because I had no idea that Sony axed ED from Young and the Restless so she could be at Days. That seems wrong. Why pull her from a higher rated show to this current pit of shit? Twenty bucks that Kristen's return will be one great week between Jarlena and the rest of the time, she will be flirting with Daniel and having coffee with Sami.
ED said she's been having a lot of scenes with Ali.

JamesScott_19
Member Avatar
Don't get up. So how are you? What happened, eh? Let me guess, Stefano told you that you could fly,and you jumped off a building. HeHe It's funny right, no I'm sorry Bad EJ, I should'nt be that cruel!

FINALLY SOME GOOD NEWS, WELCOME BACK! :D

Mitchapalooza
Member Avatar
Killing myself slowly

The Room Stops
Oct 2 2012, 04:13 PM
Alligato
Oct 2 2012, 04:07 PM
ED said she's been having a lot of scenes with Ali.
When did she say this?

Alligato
Member Avatar

The Room Stops
Oct 2 2012, 04:05 PM
Mitchapalooza
Oct 2 2012, 04:01 PM
Oh hell, Drake, Deidre and Eileen will play the hell out of it, THAT is the only thing I don't doubt for a second!

I don't trust Tomlin one iota, because the last time he touched my J&M, they went to Switzerland.
I love the enthusiasm, I love it.
And like my favorite couple Jarlena, my favorite character, Nicole, always brings it. She plays the hell out of any storyline. AZ is a beautiful actress.

But it's killing me to know her current story...how they have written her so out of character, how they have ruined one of the redeeming things about her, how they decided to shit on her once again and taken away her mom, her sister, her husband, her best friend...all of her support while the town shits on her. While St. Jennifer and Sami hypocritically demonize her.
No matter how well AZ acts this, it doesn't change how bad they have written this character and how it hurts to watch.

I guess the difference could be that ED is new. That Jarlena are hardly on. I once thought that was a bad thing, but at least they haven't had a chance to ruin them.
I don't mean to be a bitter bitch. I hope y'all are right. I want to love Jarlena again...and can't wait to see Kristen.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Enjoy forums? Start your own community for free.
Learn More · Register Now
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply