Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
TV Guide: Kristen DiMera Returns to Salem!
Topic Started: Oct 2 2012, 02:52 PM (8,864 Views)
The Room Stops
Member Avatar

ShaneDOOLFan
Oct 2 2012, 04:11 PM
I respect that you are a john and marlena fan as am I, but sometimes a couple needs to be broken up or given conflict. Fans need to be fans of the show and not certain characters or couples. If the shows only had fan-base fans (only certain couples for example) then this show wouldn't be on the air.
I don't mind them being broken up, I never have... I mind them doing it in a sucky way. They weren't together when I started watching, and they didn't get together until four years later, so I don't need them to be together. The way the show has written them though, it needs to be somewhat belivable (it is a soap, it doesn't have to be realistic) based on their characteristics and history.

Break them up for a believable reason and hell yeah! Have Marlena marry Stefano to keep her family safe, and I'll freaking watch it! That's what I mean by in-character. I will take pretty much anything if it's in character. Marlena let Stefano live in her house, but somehow it's fine, because it was actually quite in character based on the (then) recent past.

I want conflict. I love conflict. John & Marlena fighting is my second favorite kind of J&M (angst is #1, sexy is #3)! Just... in character.
Edited by The Room Stops, Oct 2 2012, 04:19 PM.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

karoline
Member Avatar

Tese writers are just so damn predictable it's not even funny. They bring back a charcter that has a really great history with the show, and their brilliant plan to spice up things is to throw her into compromising position with man that hasnt been in ONE "compromising position" with his wife for a year. I should obviously be happy that they are even on screen... but come ooon! This sounds rediculous. I wold however be over the moon if they did something right for change though. But efter being dissapointed billion times you kind of know how things will turn out...

JamesScott_19
Member Avatar
Don't get up. So how are you? What happened, eh? Let me guess, Stefano told you that you could fly,and you jumped off a building. HeHe It's funny right, no I'm sorry Bad EJ, I should'nt be that cruel!

:fp2: Did I just read that Kristen will be having a lot of scenes with Ali? God help us all!

ShaneDOOLFan

she said the tvline interview that she is sharing scenes with people she never did before, such as alison sweeny. that doesnt mean all her airtime. kristen should be sharing scenes with everyone if we want her character to have some longevity. sami is also in ej's realm so it would only make sense that they cross paths, considering that kristen is his "sister". they will also probably try to develop a mother/son relationship as well as she longed for ej to be hers when he was a baby.

The Room Stops
Member Avatar

Mitchapalooza
Oct 2 2012, 04:15 PM
When did she say this?
It was a video interview. TVGuide? TVLine? It was some sort of interview. Said it was surprising, because they had next to none in the 90s.

Mitchapalooza
Member Avatar
Killing myself slowly

JamesScott_19
Oct 2 2012, 04:19 PM
:fp2: Did I just read that Kristen will be having a lot of scenes with Ali? God help us all!
I am still waiting to hear where this information is coming from?

Ali even has the females sniffing her cooch now...haha

Edited by Mitchapalooza, Oct 2 2012, 04:23 PM.

Mitchapalooza
Member Avatar
Killing myself slowly

I have no problem with Kristen & Sami sharing scenes actually....so long as they are not buddy buddy, sharing coffees, while discussing their problems with men.

I want them to use each other to get what they want or maybe Kristen will enlist Sami's help to breakup Jarlena.

Meh who knows.

ShaneDOOLFan

Mitchapalooza
Oct 2 2012, 04:21 PM
JamesScott_19
I am still waiting to hear where this information is coming from?

Ali even has the females sniffing her cooch now...

she just said in her tvline interview that she is sharing scenes with different people she never had much screentime with before, allison being one of them as well as lauren koslow. nothing to get too concerned about.
Edited by ShaneDOOLFan, Oct 2 2012, 04:24 PM.

The Room Stops
Member Avatar

Alligato
Oct 2 2012, 04:15 PM
I love the enthusiasm, I love it.
And like my favorite couple Jarlena, my favorite character, Nicole, always brings it. She plays the hell out of any storyline. AZ is a beautiful actress.

But it's killing me to know her current story...how they have written her so out of character, how they have ruined one of the redeeming things about her, how they decided to shit on her once again and taken away her mom, her sister, her husband, her best friend...all of her support while the town shits on her. While St. Jennifer and Sami hypocritically demonize her.
No matter how well AZ acts this, it doesn't change how bad they have written this character and how it hurts to watch.

I guess the difference could be that ED is new. That Jarlena are hardly on. I once thought that was a bad thing, but at least they haven't had a chance to ruin them.
I don't mean to be a bitter bitch. I hope y'all are right. I want to love Jarlena again...and can't wait to see Kristen.
Nicole, my beautiful, complex, wonderful Nicole. Who I've loved since the second AZ came back and could act. Who outshines others *cough* every single time she's on, and yet all she gets is piss-poor writing and her character getting NOTHING. EVER. I love Nicole Walker Roberts Kiriakis DiMera, and it doesn't matter how much they push Scami Brady down my throat, that remains. Because AZ is amazing.

This is what I'm saying. I'm just not opening myself completely up to being disappointed. But I keep a tiny sliver of hope, as always... just not enough to feel burned.

karoline
Member Avatar

JamesScott_19
...and you are surprised to read this??

King
Member Avatar

YES!!!

Spencer Hastings
Member Avatar

JamesScott_19
That was my initial reaction too...but it might make sense. Being Marlena's daughter, pretending to have a job, and being thrown into EJ's orbit constantly, there are a few ways for them to sensibly share scenes. It kills me to say that though.

ShaneDOOLFan

also it seems that all the players involved (deidre, eileen, and drake) are happy with the storyline. hell eileen praises the role for its creativity for her. I am going to give this storyline a chance and judge it from a viewing perspective, not from a spoiler/reading one.

Snowing Fan
Member Avatar

Who doesn't want Kritter back? ME.Kritter could get decades of therapy,Dimera's,even adopted don't change their psychotic behavior.

Miss Rhi
Member Avatar
"If Sami can't find happiness with a Martian, then she can't find happiness with anyone."

How many of the other actors and actresses on Days have praised the writers and/or stories and what we've seen has turned out to be crap? I'm excited that Kristen is coming back but I don't have my hopes up.

Tammy
Member Avatar

Kenny
Oct 2 2012, 02:52 PM
In scenes airing in November, Marlena will catch hubby John and Kristen together at the Horton cabin in a very compromising position!
Oh gee I just can't wait. [/sarcasm] :flipoff:

Mitchapalooza
Member Avatar
Killing myself slowly

Tammy
Oct 2 2012, 04:58 PM
Kenny
Oct 2 2012, 02:52 PM
In scenes airing in November, Marlena will catch hubby John and Kristen together at the Horton cabin in a very compromising position!
Oh gee I just can't wait. [/sarcasm] :flipoff:
I would love to see Kristen drug John, sleep with him and set it up for Marlena to catch them...it would be MARVELOUS!

B-)

Kevc1980
Member Avatar

I love that it's Stefano who brings Kristen back to Salem. When Eileen was first introduced it seemed like she hadn't shared scenes with JM. Glad that's not the case..I also can't wait for Kristen and EJ to share scenes. Anything to get him away from Sami and Rafe for a while.

Tammy
Member Avatar

After giving it some thought it really doesn't bother me all that much. At least J&M will be ON... TOGETHER! I think I had a knee-jerk reaction to the spoiler lol.

More then anything I am fearing that they are going to write John as a complete and total MORON... much like he was when he was with Kristen lol.

With this show I come to expect that most storylines will suck, that way I am never let down lol.

I am counting the days until the first Marlena and Kristen cat-fight!!!! lol :fight:

DJsMommy
Member Avatar

specialcases
Oct 2 2012, 03:52 PM
The Room Stops
Oct 2 2012, 03:43 PM
specialcases
Oct 2 2012, 03:24 PM
LuvingLumi
Oct 2 2012, 03:17 PM

Quoting limited to 4 levels deep
^THIS! I am beyond baffled that people who are fans of Marlena and/or John are declaring that they are done with the show or feeling fucked over in any way over a vague spoiler that does nothing but show that Marlena and John FINALLY have a story again. :shrug:

This is nothing but great news to me, and I am giddy with excitement about whats to come with those 3 :cheer:
I'd rather have them in character. And I've watched this show too long to not know what's going to happen.

John will want to forgive Kristen because she's "changed" (out of character). Kristen will play on John's willingness to believe the change, she'll make an excuse to have him come to Horton Cabin, where she'll be stuck. She calls Marlena anonymously, making her come to the island, where she will time it so that she either a) has to share a bed, naked, cuddled up to John and Marlena walks in on it, or b) she accidentally trips and ends up his lap, in his arms or on the floor with him over her... and Marlena walks in. It's first grade... err, kindergarden... soap opera. Except, these three characters have a) done this already and b) are so past first grade it is ridiculous.

That said, prove me wrong writers, I would freaking LOVE IT. Because I want to be excited about a storyline, I really do... except the characters won't really BE John and Marlena, they'll just look the same.
I guess we'll have to wait and see. If it sucks (and it very well might), then it sucks. It will at least be better - for me- than the current suckage, because it will feature some of the best this show has ever had to offer
Exactly! EJ/Sami/Rafe with a side of Nicole/Jen/Dan vs. ANYTHING with Kristen? No contest! I can't wait to see her & that alone will rock! :rockon:

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
ZetaBoards gives you all the tools to create a successful discussion community.
Learn More · Register Now
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply