Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Thursday, October 4th Daily Discussion
Topic Started: Oct 3 2012, 01:46 PM (7,375 Views)
Lanemack
Member Avatar

This show drives me crazy. Chad's an idiot and I don't understand why he'd divulge everything to Sami. Last month, he was all about being EJ's brother and showing genuine concern and love for him. Now he's a raving lunatic trying to stick-it to his brother. Sure, EJ didn't help him, but it wasn't his fault that Melanie left and EJ really had nothing to do with the whole Gabi story. Why didn't Chad just go to EJ and have him use his connections to get off for assaulting Nick? Hate the story, hate that Chad is an overdramatic moron, and goodness, hate that Sami got the goods in all of 5 minutes.

Wow. EJ goes ballastic on Chad just to make him seem that much more "bad". Such heavy-handed writing. Surprised there isn't orders to "uglify" JS so that the guy isn't so darned attractive. I can't stand what these writers do to this character (reminded me of when he yelled at Johnny). Really, I get that "bad" EJ is all about "what's fair in love and war" but going off on his brother was a little much. Of course, we're once again reminded how evil EJ is - when Gabi escapes any "soap" punishment (Sami didn't even care that Gabi was involved in the kidnapping/explosion), Chad is taken as a misunderstood youngster, and this is now EJ's mess.

Sami's hair looked like a horse's tail. Sami deking in and out of people (all two of them) to find Rafe in the square - embarrassing. That reminded me of a high school production of "The Young and the Useless". Seriously, who's directive was that? Bad acting, bad set-up, bad characters, bad dialogue, bad staging. This couple is one of the worst I have ever seen in my soap watching career (for me, worse than Danny Santos and May Merisi on GL). SO sickening, so predictable, so vanilla.

Poor, poor Nicole. I was, however, getting "mysterious new doctor leaving the country" is suspicious vibes. Good for all you who want Nicole's baby to be alive. On the downside, she's already gone off the deep end - the "I want the baby to be a doctor like his father" talk was sickening. Hate this Dan, hate that glorification of him.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Kansa
Member Avatar

I haven't watched DAYS in awhile and wasn't planning on it today, but I happened to catch the last 20 or 30 minutes and I'm glad I did. In my opinion, Casey's acting is terrible and I think that the role either needs to be recast or gotten rid of. However, James Scott's performance in the scene where he finds out Sami knows is amazing! I so love the intensity James can bring to a scene.

Maggie has just gotten really annoying, in my opinion. It seems like they've softened up Victor in the process, too, which I hate.

Just say no Dannifer!

The Safe scene was predictable, boring, and just all around awful.

Sandy

Lanemack
Oct 4 2012, 01:18 PM
This show drives me crazy. Chad's an idiot and I don't understand why he'd divulge everything to Sami. Last month, he was all about being EJ's brother and showing genuine concern and love for him. Now he's a raving lunatic trying to stick-it to his brother. Sure, EJ didn't help him, but it wasn't his fault that Melanie left and EJ really had nothing to do with the whole Gabi story. Why didn't Chad just go to EJ and have him use his connections to get off for assaulting Nick? Hate the story, hate that Chad is an overdramatic moron, and goodness, hate that Sami got the goods in all of 5 minutes.

Wow. EJ goes ballastic on Chad just to make him seem that much more "bad". Such heavy-handed writing. Surprised there isn't orders to "uglify" JS so that the guy isn't so darned attractive. I can't stand what these writers do to this character (reminded me of when he yelled at Johnny). Really, I get that "bad" EJ is all about "what's fair in love and war" but going off on his brother was a little much. Of course, we're once again reminded how evil EJ is - when Gabi escapes any "soap" punishment (Sami didn't even care that Gabi was involved in the kidnapping/explosion), Chad is taken as a misunderstood youngster, and this is now EJ's mess.

Sami's hair looked like a horse's tail. Sami deking in and out of people (all two of them) to find Rafe in the square - embarrassing. That reminded me of a high school production of "The Young and the Useless". Seriously, who's directive was that? Bad acting, bad set-up, bad characters, bad dialogue, bad staging. This couple is one of the worst I have ever seen in my soap watching career (for me, worse than Danny Santos and May Merisi on GL). SO sickening, so predictable, so vanilla.

Poor, poor Nicole. I was, however, getting "mysterious new doctor leaving the country" is suspicious vibes. Good for all you who want Nicole's baby to be alive. On the downside, she's already gone off the deep end - the "I want the baby to be a doctor like his father" talk was sickening. Hate this Dan, hate that glorification of him.
I was trying to figure out what that scene reminded me of, but you hit the nail on the head. Okay, is it my imagination how much is the writing and how much is the acting, but my God today's show was terrible. It was rather unbelievable. Let's Rename the show The Alison Sweeny/James Scott Hour. AZ is a tremendous actor and what the heck is she doing still on this show. She is believable, you laugh, you cry, she actually makes you emote.

reagon

JS was cringeworthy today and I actually thought Casey Dedrick did a great job today for a change. The storyline was dumb regardless

Never be said a character is not redeemable. I haven't liked Gabi for years and I am enjoying her and its not just Nick.

Still cannot get into Daniel and Jennifer. I just can't watch MR on my screen anymore. I have not enjoyed one ounce of Jennifer since MR came back.
Edited by reagon, Oct 4 2012, 01:54 PM.

Hamilton
Member Avatar

I'm impressed that the writers took the old writers material of making Gabi responsible for the stalking and subsequent domino effect and cleaned it up so efficiently. They were able to amp the conflict with Nick, Chad and Gabi for future story while also weaving in the quick blackmail scheme for Ej establishing his return to Dimera. Rafe and Sami's reunion was done in true romantic fashion with the race around town. I feel as though they now have things set up for their turn at directing the characters. Excellent episode.

Things with Nicole's baby are very fishy. There is no way this is as cut and dry as we may be led to believe. This story definitely has me running through many speculations - a good thing imo.

LovingDays

the only thing that im interested right now is

gabi & nick
a bit of Will & Sonny

we need more scenes with kate/victor i love those 2 together cant wait to see more stefano to

please backburn

rafe,sami,jennifer,daniel,nicole if she in the storyline with daniel & jen

SoapGal1
Member Avatar

OMG.

I just watched the Safe "reunion" scene. That had to be the cheesiest, sh#tiest reunion I've ever seen.

AS should've been mad as hell having to play that, all the while sporting the dino braid.

I bet Tomlin jizzed all over himself on this one.

I bet he personally asked for AS' hair to be "dinoed"

Then we go from gawdawful to just plain sad with Nicole.

Sorry, I'm not seeing how the baby lives in this scenario. Especially with her falling down the stairs.

Way to go TomSell, even suckier than I imagined.

If that were even possible.

Courtneya6688
Member Avatar

I think the doctor was sincere i didnt see any indication that she was sneaky or had another agenda. I think honestly stefeno would wait to the child was actually born to take him versus trying to convince nicole he was dead inside of her because she would clearly feel him kicking still. Safe reunion was a huge thumbs down at best. Maggie pimping dannifer was truly disgusting. And maxine i usually love but she was way oug of line with her insults to nicole.

jb1183

Hi all,
I've lurked here for months, reading the day ahead and seeing people's reactions. I registered today because I have become too fed up to keep it in any longer and needed to proclaim: This show SUCKS SO HARD RIGHT NOW! They should rename it the Rafe and Daniel show since every other scene either includes them or someone talking about how wonderful, noble, etc. they are. WHY are they going back to Safe and Dannifer-to please the 5 people who enjoyed those pairings the first time around? So stupid.

I hate that Maggie has been reduced to Daniel's cheerleader and I hate that he refers to her as "Mom" and "my mother." I hate that Lucas is being thrown under the bus after all he has done for Will and Sami through the years. I hate that Jack was killed and that his death is being made all about Dannifer. I hate that Allison Sweeney, James Scott, Galen Gering, Shawn Christian, Melissa Reeves, and Casey Deidrick are on constantly while Deidre Hall, Drake Hogestyn, Bryan Dattilo, Judi Evans, Wally Kurth, and Freddie Smith are barely seen for weeks at a time. It's infuriating.

The only things I like right now are Will and Sonny and (to my surprise) Nick and Gabi.

Today's Safe reunion was gagworthy. It was only two months ago that Rafe was mooning over Carrie, Sami was running out of town with EJ, and Jack was alive and well and rebuilding his life with Jennifer. How can viewers be expected to even care about storylines when they can change at a moment's whim?

Thanks for listening!
Edited by jb1183, Oct 4 2012, 05:47 PM.

Dreamer
Gone, But Not Forgotten!

Jennifer never gets what Dr. Dan's is trying to tell her.
I guess Dr. Dicker is going to have to repeat himself 100 more times, in 100 more epis: JEN WE CAN'T BE FRIENDS. and no she's not deaf, she's just dumb!
The dialogue is so bad, it's funny!

JessicaLeigh
Member Avatar

This episode sounds alright but can I just say it's ridiculous that along with everyone else MAXINE is now passing judgment on Nicole. Please.

(Edited because I jumped the gun in commenting due to my annoyance at Maxine. This episode is definitely not alright and is a big steaming pile of shit since it is the one during which Nicole receives the news that her baby doesn't have a heartbeat. Just needed to clarify that.)
Edited by JessicaLeigh, Oct 4 2012, 05:43 PM.

JessicaLeigh
Member Avatar

Cheesy Safe reunion aside, I do appreciate that they're making Sami seem like she's a little quicker on the uptake these days. This time she knew E.J. was acting dodgy and so she followed him, spied on his conversation with Chad and then went straight to Chad to get him to spill the beans. In the past she was made a fool of for weeks at a stretch before Rafe exposed E.J.'s shit. At least this time they didn't let her get in that deep before she figured it out for herself. Though she's still a bozo for even considering hooking back up with someone who used bloody clothing to convince her one of their children was dead once upon a time. That SHOULD be the worst trauma that can ever be inflicted on a parent, but this is Sami and I digress.

deletemyaccountplease

Ej is there in spirit, nicole

EJ!!!

LonePirate
Member Avatar

The massive Rafe and Sami suckage in today's episode convinced me that Sami and Chad should give it a go. That chem test of theirs today proved that coupling would be more interesting than the craptastic Safe romance we're dealing with now. Plus, can you imagine how many heads would spin from a Chami relationship? Everybody in Salem would object to that relationship and every second of it could be a lot of fun. I say get them drunk, let them have a ONS and take it from there once Sami becomes pregnant. Anything is better than Safe.

Harmony233

i wish they would make will more like his parents at that age hes too nice to be a lumi kid lol well theres always allie she can plot to steal sydneys man from her lol

JessicaLeigh
Member Avatar

There are more holes in Nicole's storyline than piece of Swiss cheese. In reference to her stupid Utah conversation with Daniel and the seemingly frantic search, yet again, for a place for her to stay - Rafe's apartment is the obvious solution. He's the one claiming to be the baby's father, although Tomlin is trying furiously to move him out of the picture, and he's got plenty of space since Sami and her small tribe moved out. Hearing Brady say to Daniel on Wednesday that Nicole's going through the pregnancy alone was absurd. This is so nonsensical I can't deal with it. The shifting loyalties and motivations of these characters from day to day and the inexplicable actions and lines of thinking mean that you can never truly invest in what's going on - the same problem so many of us have been complaining about for years now. It was just really glaring at me with this episode.

Courtneya6688
Member Avatar

I feel like characters have been all over the place this whole year. Ej has always had an obsession with sami but the ej i know would have never just gave up on nicole knowing in his mind she was carrying his baby. But at best his attempt to have any thing to do with her has been lame. Nicole no matter how mad at ej she was she would have never kept his baby from him and she would have never fell for a sleze like dr. Douche.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply