Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Caroline's health crisis; Airs week of Oct 8th
Topic Started: Oct 4 2012, 01:14 PM (3,209 Views)
Dreamer
Gone, But Not Forgotten!

Bo leaving his mother when she falls ill, with any illness, doesn't sit well with this long time viewer.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

px780
Member Avatar
Streetcorner Philosopher

It needs to ultimately be memory loss caused by a Stefano or Victor brain chip of some sort, imho. Real is too much for this show.
Edited by px780, Oct 4 2012, 07:28 PM.

GatesRhiannon
Member Avatar

px780
Oct 4 2012, 07:28 PM
It needs to ultimately be memory loss caused by a Stefano or Victor brain chip of some sort, imho. Real is too much for this show.
I understand where you're coming from, but some subjects are too important to play with. If they go down the road towards an Alzheimer's diagnosis, they have to follow it through to logical destination--no mater how heartbreaking it may be. To do otherwise is to thumb their nose at any viewer watching who is dealing with the harsh realities of Alzheimer's. It would be as hurtful as it would be disrespectful.
Edited by GatesRhiannon, Oct 4 2012, 07:38 PM.

Kriss4

You know, I worry too. But then I think....A meaningful story.

A meaningful story with real impact could be coming around the pike for Caroline. A story with all kinds of potentially emotional scenes as Caroline, Roman, Kayla, and Bo deal with their fears about the outcome of her tests.

No one deserves a story MORE than Peggy, and I'm glad for her to get this opportunity. I remember back in the day when we had some really emotional stories to watch. Kimberly was blind. Kayla was deaf. Justin was paralyzed.

Nothing like that has happened for a long time. Philip's leg, maybe? But honestly, I didn't start watching when Philip lost his leg and it was so seldom that it was even referred to. It certainly had no impact on Philip's sense of self. He didn't suffer self-consciousness about it or have insecurities because of it in the time I was watching. He never wondered if some woman he was attracted to would view him in any way differently than any other guy. Of course, maybe all those things WERE explored when it first happened.

You tell me.

But for a story like this to be featured now...Well, I may be one of the few, but I'm glad it's coming. Peggy can deliver, and it could be a powerful tale.

Like many of you, though, I think it's a mistake to take Bo away now. Bo would never leave if Caroline was in danger of losing her life. So maybe she's not going to have Alzheimer's. Or maybe she does, but she won't tell him it's that so he can pursue his wish to go on a trip. Kayla would have to honor patient confidentiality, wouldn't she? And that could put her in conflict with Bo or Roman at some point, which would be interesting too.

Usually family members aren't treated by doctors who are members of their family, right? But heck...it's Days.

Tammy
Member Avatar

I would be more then happy to have a meaningful story on DAYS. It's just that, DAYS doesn't know how to write a meaningful story anymore... IMO! :shrug:

Kriss4

Yeah.

I know.

<sigh>

But wouldn't you love to be surprised?

I know some of their writers have talent. I'm wishing one of them would do all the writing for this story.

TinaJagger11
Member Avatar

It would be a great story if Days did this right, but those are high hopes at this point. I love that Caroline is still on, and PMc can rock any storyline. I hope they do it up right this time.

px780
Member Avatar
Streetcorner Philosopher

GatesRhiannon
Oct 4 2012, 07:37 PM
px780
Oct 4 2012, 07:28 PM
I understand where you're coming from, but some subjects are too important to play with. If they go down the road towards an Alzheimer's diagnosis, they have to follow it through to logical destination--no mater how heartbreaking it may be. To do otherwise is to thumb their nose at any viewer watching who is dealing with the harsh realities of Alzheimer's. It would be as hurtful as it would be disrespectful.
That's my worry- that it will wind up being disrespectful to viewers somehow. So I'm like, screw it, don't even really start with something real (though I know that they have), do what Days can handle. Who knows though, maybe they'll pull off a surprise.

IIttu
Member Avatar

Noooooo...! I've waited and wanted this storyline to happen for so long because it allows to write some great, emotional and touching drama. I even wanted it to happen especially to Caroline, because she's so beloved character with a long history and loving family and she deservers a touching send-off. I envisioned how DOOL could deal with it from several point of views (how it feels to know you're gonna forget everything, how it affects the relatives and their spouses when their loved-one doesn't recognize them anyone, to show how there are better and worse days etc..). But with Tomlin back in the team, this just cannot go well. Like people said, there'll probably be some 'cure for Alzhaimer's in the jungle', a brain chip or something. And it's exactly what I don't wanna see. I'm keeping my fingers Xed for a realistic and touching story, but I'm sure they'll ruin this somehow (Bo leaving is an excellent begin......). And this is especially disappointing for me because I have Alzheimer's in my family and I know how it hurts when your loved-one doesn't recognize you, and how heartbreaking are also those little moments when they do recognize you and are so terribly sorry and sad for not recognizing you right away when you walked in. But I'm sure I won't feel even a tiny fraction of those emotions when this stuff airs. :(

I so wish this s/l would've taken place under MarDar's commend. I know many of you didn't care for those two either, but I really enjoyed their writing and I believe their problems in writing (including mighty slow pace sometimes) were more due to the budget and execution rather than the lack of ideas.. As soon as they were fired and the new eps started playing, the characters and dialogues have felt mighty cold to me and I have had absolutely zero interest for the show. Sad.

Erin_123
Member Avatar

Awww. this is gonna be sad :(

lily20

anyone know what happened to DR's peggy mckay interview?
why is the thread gone?
Edited by lily20, Oct 9 2012, 10:37 PM.

Sariah
Member Avatar

I'm wondering if Caroline's Alzheimer's will come into play with Parker's paternity.

And if it does, then she's getting an illness for Dannifer angst.

lily20

Sariah
Oct 9 2012, 10:52 PM
I'm wondering if Caroline's Alzheimer's will come into play with Parker's paternity.

IF they're changing parker's paternity, that means chloe is back for dannifer angst too?

I hate to think Nadia thought that would be a good chloe storyline to come back for.
for her character to prop the atrocious, unrootable pairing that is dannifer.

Edited by lily20, Oct 9 2012, 10:57 PM.

BillieD
Member Avatar

Why would the paternity change be Dannifer angst?
Is Daniel suddenly going to love Chloe again once he finds out Parker is HIS?
In his eyes, all he could see is that Chloe betrayed him and lied to him and poor wittle Melanie was his entire focus during the paternity reveal fiasco. Hell, he didn't even bother to make sure Parker wasn't his son. It'll probably be all about boring Jen-Jen's POV, having to compete with gorgeous Chloe. :sleep:

I don't want Chloe using this baby to get Daniel back. Let him have Jen-Jen.
This is all so dumb. They should write this with Danicole as the couple and then Chloe comes back and sees her best friend with her ex. Now that would be good.
Jen-Jen shouldn't even be a part of this. Who freakin cares about her feelings and insecurities when she never gave a rat's ass about Jack's. :flipoff:

BillieD
Member Avatar

lily20
Oct 9 2012, 10:57 PM
Sariah
Oct 9 2012, 10:52 PM

IF they're changing parker's paternity, that means chloe is back for dannifer angst too?

I hate to think Nadia thought that would be a good chloe storyline to come back for.
for her character to prop the atrocious, unrootable pairing that is dannifer.

I don't know, I've never been of the opinion that the actual storyline matters that much to the actor/actress. I'm sure they all have their preferences and, like us, think most of the writing is beyond stupid, but ultimately they want to work and they want that decent paycheck.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply