Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Locked Topic
Nicole says Jennifer killed her baby; Airs week of Oct 8th
Topic Started: Oct 4 2012, 01:21 PM (10,835 Views)
bomber
Member Avatar

KweenBoda
Oct 8 2012, 01:02 PM
I was a huge Jack and Jen fan from years back and now I cannot stand to watch any scene Jennifer is in..It was bad enough they put her with the man whore a while back, but then to make her lust after him when Jack wasn't even cold yet is just beyond horrible. Its a slap in the face to many fans and shitty writing. To see the utter destruction of her and other characters on the show is sad. Really sad.
And I see in the recaps for tomorrow's epi Jen admits that the only reason she asked Nicole to stay was for Dan's sake. I would call that point scoring.
Edited by bomber, Oct 8 2012, 02:19 PM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

px780
Member Avatar
Streetcorner Philosopher

Kevin_Buchanan
Oct 8 2012, 12:30 PM
You've been one of the most vocal people re your hate/dislike of Melissa Reeves and your feelings for Reeves are definitely transferred to Jennifer Horton Deveraux. Who imho is no way the character you describe at all!
I'll be honest, I'm struggling with a response to this.

I'm thinking it through and I really don't like her as an actress. Outside of Alice's funeral- where I thought she brought a needed warmth and heart- and the scenes when Jack first returned, her performances leave me cold. And that does have an impact on how I interpret the character, though I don't think it's wrong to assess a character in light of how I feel about the portrayal.

So I guess I'll say that you're probably right, but not in the way that's implied.
Edited by px780, Oct 8 2012, 02:38 PM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

shar_d
Member Avatar

Nicole is sleeping with a man while pregnant with another man's baby. Nicole is the one who decided to keep lying to EJ that he is the father of her baby. Jen is not responsible for these actions. Whether or not you believe Jen let Nicole stay out her house out of the kindness of her heart, the fact is she didn't have to, but she did. People act surprised that Jen doesn't like Nicole..does everyone have amnesia about how Nicole helped EJ sabotage Abe's mayoral campaign?? Why would she like Nicole? She has no reason to, and she owes Nicole NOTHING...Nicole should've been grateful that Jen didn't kick her to the curb. I find it hilarious that everyone is acting as if Jen owes Nicole something. Why didn't Nicole go live with Daniel?? Oh yea..that's right..he DUMPED her a$$. Why not live with Rafe? Oh yea..he doesn't even want to be with her either...lol this hillarious..I am also a Nicole fan, a huge one..but even I can admit when she is acting like a pathetic idiot and no matter how much I love Nicole, I'm not going to make Jen out to be the bad person here, because she simply is not. Just because Jen called Nicole a few names..that makes her a bad person?? LOL if Nicole is so concerned about her precious baby, why didn't she go live in Chicago with Chloe or something? Maybe go live Brandon? Why did she purposely go live at Jen's house just so that she could go and manipulate her? Why is she sleeping with Daniel and letting her bang her while she's pregnant with another man's baby? That's nasty!
Offline Profile Goto Top

trojangal
Member Avatar

shar_d
Oct 8 2012, 02:56 PM
Nicole is sleeping with a man while pregnant with another man's baby. Nicole is the one who decided to keep lying to EJ that he is the father of her baby. Jen is not responsible for these actions. Whether or not you believe Jen let Nicole stay out her house out of the kindness of her heart, the fact is she didn't have to, but she did. People act surprised that Jen doesn't like Nicole..does everyone have amnesia about how Nicole helped EJ sabotage Abe's mayoral campaign?? Why would she like Nicole? She has no reason to, and she owes Nicole NOTHING...Nicole should've been grateful that Jen didn't kick her to the curb. I find it hilarious that everyone is acting as if Jen owes Nicole something. Why didn't Nicole go live with Daniel?? Oh yea..that's right..he DUMPED her a$$. Why not live with Rafe? Oh yea..he doesn't even want to be with her either...lol this hillarious..I am also a Nicole fan, a huge one..but even I can admit when she is acting like a pathetic idiot and no matter how much I love Nicole, I'm not going to make Jen out to be the bad person here, because she simply is not. Just because Jen called Nicole a few names..that makes her a bad person?? LOL if Nicole is so concerned about her precious baby, why didn't she go live in Chicago with Chloe or something? Maybe go live Brandon? Why did she purposely go live at Jen's house just so that she could go and manipulate her? Why is she sleeping with Daniel and letting her bang her while she's pregnant with another man's baby? That's nasty!

Dan sure seemed to like banging Nicole on his office desk :boobs:
If Nicole is nasty so is Dan

Edited by trojangal, Oct 8 2012, 03:19 PM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Maxine

Wow!! someone really seems to Hate Jennifer and I can not understand why, she has not hurt anyone any more than, Sami, EJ, Nicole but I guess that is your opinion and of course that is what this board is so very good to allow..my fav couple of all times was Sami and Lucus, but I can not or will not hate Sami for choosing someone other than Lucus to love, the person I want her to choose now is Rafe, but will she ?? (EJ ?) I will still care about her because she is one of my fav.Oh and fyi I also like Dr.Dan , he needs help !!! with out a doubt but have liked him since he started on the show, hated most of his choices, but I like him as an actor....Ok I guess I need to stop now.. :-)
Offline Profile Goto Top

Deleted User
Deleted User

shar_d
Why do you feel the need to tell is you're a huge Nicole fan. Shouldn't your posts speak for themselves?
Goto Top

nolagirl
Member Avatar

shar_d
I find the fact that you claim to be a Nicole fan ironic, Nicole was wronged by three people in the beginning of this mess. First and foremost Sami who left her husband and her other children "cough" grief stricken to go screw EJ whom she not that long ago shot in the head. EJ whom Nicole asked repeatedly if their was anything else that he was keeping from her and he chose to lie to her on bended knee. Rafe who didn't concern himself about anyone, especially Nicole by getting back at EJ for screwing his precsious Sami. BTW Greif sex is the most disgustiung thing I have ever heard or read of from any show on television. I lost my son a few years ago and I can assure you the last thing I was thinking about was screwing my husband or anyone else. Grief is what Nicole's character looks like when she has lost both her children, Sami's grief is what it looks like to manipulate people.

Now as far as the Dannifer and Nicole situatin is concerned you want to blame someone for how Jen is being perceived by the general audience see below. Believe me I've told them plenty - Dan is a man whore, Jen is a pathetic as a grieving widow (feel sorry for Jack if her grief makes her chase other men) and Nicole well I honestly have no words for how they've written her. What truly appalls me is that the Ejole baby storyline has been about CAFE, SAFE, EJAMI, and now DAnnifer. EJOLE have had no screen time and no interaction. EJ has been written to not give a shit about this baby just chasing Sami's twat, Nicole has been written to rely on two men who have treated her dispicably in the past. So if I'm gonna throw stones I'd say the writers need to be on the receiving end.

DAYS Comment Line: 1-818-840-2067

DAYS Hotline in New York: 1-212-664-2333

Corday Productions: 1-818-295-2821

Edited by nolagirl, Oct 8 2012, 04:33 PM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

SocRMum1
Member Avatar
Much prefers sweevil, snarky EJ over Father Figure Fucktard Eejiot.

Hopeless_Dreamer
Oct 8 2012, 03:37 PM
shar_d
Why do you feel the need to tell is you're a huge Nicole fan. Shouldn't your posts speak for themselves?
I consider myself a Nicole fan but I despise most of what she's done since the first of the year. In fact, it's my opinion they've nearly ruined her with this craptastic storyline. I do think seeing her lose another baby, and particularly so close to her due date, is heartwrenching - but I don't have a lot of sympathy for the position she's put herself in based on her petty need for revenge and her selfish choices. Throughout the pregnancy she's done very little to show she's putting the well being of her child first and foremost and the further the story has gone along the more unhinged and unlikable she's become.

EJ screwed Sami after thinking he'd lost Nicole - and he didn't tell her about it when they reunited for fear of her reaction and the risk that she'd leave him again. So freaking what. In no way did that justify her decision to lie about the paternity of their child and go the extremes she has to cut him from his life. Not only did Nicole risk her presumably high risk pregnancy by piling immeasurable stress on it with her scheming and manipulations - she later began a sexual relationship well into the 2nd trimester of the pregnancy. Once she was told sex was off limits she then set about plotting an entirely new level of scheming to not only keep the secret of the paternity hidden but to also manipulate Jennifer and Daniel to keep them apart. I'm no Dannifer fan and find both of their behavior to be unrootable, as well - but Nicole HAS been manipulating nearly everyone around her for months.

If it weren't for the talent of Ari Zucker I doubt there'd be any saving this character at this point - at least not for me.
Offline Profile Goto Top

lysie
Member Avatar

I'm not going all the way through this thread, and if this continues and I have to, I"m going to be (more) pissed. Cut the baiting and the rudeness. Everyone isn't going to agree. Suck it up and deal with it.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Miss Rhi
Member Avatar
"If Sami can't find happiness with a Martian, then she can't find happiness with anyone."

Maxine
Oct 8 2012, 03:22 PM
Wow!! someone really seems to Hate Jennifer and I can not understand why, she has not hurt anyone any more than, Sami, EJ, Nicole but I guess that is your opinion and of course that is what this board is so very good to allow..my fav couple of all times was Sami and Lucus, but I can not or will not hate Sami for choosing someone other than Lucus to love, the person I want her to choose now is Rafe, but will she ?? (EJ ?) I will still care about her because she is one of my fav.Oh and fyi I also like Dr.Dan , he needs help !!! with out a doubt but have liked him since he started on the show, hated most of his choices, but I like him as an actor....Ok I guess I need to stop now.. :-)
Actually it's Lucas.

I don't mind Shawn Christian and have enjoyed him in other shows he's been in but Dr. Bonas should have been gone long ago. It doesn't seem like they've ever known what they wanted to do with his character except to continue with making him a sleazeball who has sex with all of his patients.
Offline Profile Goto Top

nolagirl
Member Avatar

SocRMum1
Oct 8 2012, 04:50 PM
Hopeless_Dreamer
shar_d
I consider myself a Nicole fan but I despise most of what she's done since the first of the year. In fact, it's my opinion they've nearly ruined her with this craptastic storyline. I do think seeing her lose another baby, and particularly so close to her due date, is heartwrenching - but I don't have a lot of sympathy for the position she's put herself in based on her petty need for revenge and her selfish choices. Throughout the pregnancy she's done very little to show she's putting the well being of her child first and foremost and the further the story has gone along the more unhinged and unlikable she's become.

EJ screwed Sami after thinking he'd lost Nicole - and he didn't tell her about it when they reunited for fear of her reaction and the risk that she'd leave him again. So freaking what. In no way did that justify her decision to lie about the paternity of their child and go the extremes she has to cut him from his life. Not only did Nicole risk her presumably high risk pregnancy by piling immeasurable stress on it with her scheming and manipulations - she later began a sexual relationship well into the 2nd trimester of the pregnancy. Once she was told sex was off limits she then set about plotting an entirely new level of scheming to not only keep the secret of the paternity hidden but to also manipulate Jennifer and Daniel to keep them apart. I'm no Dannifer fan and find both of their behavior to be unrootable, as well - but Nicole HAS been manipulating nearly everyone around her for months.

If it weren't for the talent of Ari Zucker I doubt there'd be any saving this character at this point - at least not for me.
Ironically though EJ did exactly as Nicole predicted ran for Sami's twat as does every man not related to her, can't say I would have done the things she's done, but keeping my child away from EJ and especially Sami would be top of the list. I think Nicole knows that EJ will try and give yet another child to Sami, before allowing her to raise the child. EJ has shown himself to be stupid where Sami's concerned much like all of Sami's conquest's.

The Dan sex was purely gross - showing the writers disrespect for the character, the Dannifer mess well is just that a mess. Nicole didn't manipulate Daniel or Raffe, Rafe did his part for selfish reason's to get back at EJ. Daniel well honestly not sure why he did it, he didn't like Nicole and he could have blown her out the water. Nicole DIDNOT manipulate him into helping switch DNA results that was HIS choice. As for Jen she need to climb down off her pedestal and grieve for her husband and get the hell out of Dan's business. So the only person Nicole has truly manipulated is EJ, and Sami with the picture of her and Rafe but in the scheme of things Sami deserved that and more.
Offline Profile Goto Top

outrageous
Member Avatar

Sounds like they're writing Nicole back in character. She was always a schemer and a villainess. I wonder what she's going to to with the scalpel - any flesh eating bacteria around to ruin Jennifer's pretty face with? I can't root for Nicole either, just like I couldn't root for Sami when she tried to keep her pregnancy hidden from EJ. Both women hid their pregnacies out of jealousy and spite, not for their babies' safety and benefit, IMO.

I can't wait for Eric's arrival. Once they get over that little five million dollar reason why Nicole dumped the love of her life for, it should be smooth sailing. Maybe Nicole will finally get her happy ending with him.
Offline Profile Goto Top

nolagirl
Member Avatar

outrageous
Oct 8 2012, 05:01 PM
Sounds like they're writing Nicole back in character. She was always a schemer and a villainess. I wonder what she's going to to with the scalpel - any flesh eating bacteria around to ruin Jennifer's pretty face with? I can't root for Nicole either, just like I couldn't root for Sami when she tried to keep her pregnancy hidden from EJ. Both women hid their pregnacies out of jealousy and spite, not for their babies' safety and benefit, IMO.

I can't wait for Eric's arrival. Once they get over that little five million dollar reason why Nicole dumped the love of her life for, it should be smooth sailing. Maybe Nicole will finally get her happy ending with him.
Sorry I love Nicole but I can't root for her happiness with Eric when it's not Jensen Ackles playing the role, I have to wait and see on chemistry AND this is a big one WRITING. Both are key to whether I can root for them, but again as a Nicole fan if they put her with anyone I wish it would be someone the hell out of Sami's orbit, and well twin brother Eric means Sami and company trying their hardest to ruin it for Nicole.

I really wish Jenn had died on the elevator and Jack had lived, while Jack and Nicole weren't exactly friendly MA and AZ had great chemistry on screen, were fun to watch and both fabulous actors. Jacole would have been a much better pairing than Dannifer, I could/would have loved to watch them bicker into a love story. :wub:
Offline Profile Goto Top

SocRMum1
Member Avatar
Much prefers sweevil, snarky EJ over Father Figure Fucktard Eejiot.

nolagirl
Oct 8 2012, 04:59 PM
SocRMum1
Hopeless_Dreamer
shar_d

Ironically though EJ did exactly as Nicole predicted ran for Sami's twat as does every man not related to her, can't say I would have done the things she's done, but keeping my child away from EJ and especially Sami would be top of the list. I think Nicole knows that EJ will try and give yet another child to Sami, before allowing her to raise the child. EJ has shown himself to be stupid where Sami's concerned much like all of Sami's conquest's.

The Dan sex was purely gross - showing the writers disrespect for the character, the Dannifer mess well is just that a mess. Nicole didn't manipulate Daniel or Raffe, Rafe did his part for selfish reason's to get back at EJ. Daniel well honestly not sure why he did it, he didn't like Nicole and he could have blown her out the water. Nicole DIDNOT manipulate him into helping switch DNA results that was HIS choice. As for Jen she need to climb down off her pedestal and grieve for her husband and get the hell out of Dan's business. So the only person Nicole has truly manipulated is EJ, and Sami with the picture of her and Rafe but in the scheme of things Sami deserved that and more.
EJ didn't run straight back toward Sami after finding out Nicole was pregnant. He spent months begging Nicole for another chance and even told her he'd raise the baby if it was Rafe's - he just wanted her back. Nicole couldn't see past her own petty need for revenge or her jealousy. Asking EJ to leave Salem (and his kids) to prove his love to her was proof of that. There was no indication ever that EJ would have wanted Sami to help him raise the child he shared with Nicole - in fact, EJ and Sami never got close enough for that to even be a consideration.

I agree that Nicole did not manipulate Rafe into claiming paternity and hasn't manipulated him the entire way through. But when it came time to switch the test results Nicole turned on the tears and the pleading with Daniel - and my take on part of their initial sexcapades was that Nicole was trying to lure him in to keep him on her side. I remember there was a big deal made by people here on the board when she gave a sneaky little smile while hugging him after finding out that he allowed the switch to go through - there were many Nicole fans hoping it meant she was playing him rather than actually wanted him. That was the way it seemed to start - and it was actually more palatable than watching her become the pathetic, needy interloper into the Dannifer relationship.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Deleted User
Deleted User

If this show was going to allow Nicole to have some happiness they would have let her have her baby.

Bringing back Eric isn't going to make up for that great loss. And while they may get the root for writing at first, it's only a matter of time before Nicole schemes or does something underhanded and causes him to turn on her or either they'll write Nicole to be a better and changed person and thats not something I want to watch. I really wish they would have let Nicole and Ej stay together. They really made the perfect match and perfect scheme team.
Goto Top

nolagirl
Member Avatar

SocRMum1
Oct 8 2012, 05:20 PM
nolagirl
Oct 8 2012, 04:59 PM
SocRMum1
Hopeless_Dreamer

Quoting limited to 4 levels deep

EJ didn't run straight back toward Sami after finding out Nicole was pregnant. He spent months begging Nicole for another chance and even told her he'd raise the baby if it was Rafe's - he just wanted her back. Nicole couldn't see past her own petty need for revenge or her jealousy. Asking EJ to leave Salem (and his kids) to prove his love to her was proof of that. There was no indication ever that EJ would have wanted Sami to help him raise the child he shared with Nicole - in fact, EJ and Sami never got close enough for that to even be a consideration.

I agree that Nicole did not manipulate Rafe into claiming paternity and hasn't manipulated him the entire way through. But when it came time to switch the test results Nicole turned on the tears and the pleading with Daniel - and my take on part of their initial sexcapades was that Nicole was trying to lure him in to keep him on her side. I remember there was a big deal made by people here on the board when she gave a sneaky little smile while hugging him after finding out that he allowed the switch to go through - there were many Nicole fans hoping it meant she was playing him rather than actually wanted him. That was the way it seemed to start - and it was actually more palatable than watching her become the pathetic, needy interloper into the Dannifer relationship.
ON the EJ side I'll go with (and of course this is my take on how I feel the writers wanted her to play it probably rather than the way the writers wrote it) but Nicole asking EJ to leave with her was more a less a test to see if he would in fact leave (or consider it). Of course EJ would not leave his kids, and moving in across the hall from Sami he had to know what that would look like to Nicole. So EJ gets a big fat Stupidity award for that genuis move. Can't say that if I were Nicole I would have taken him back then either.

On the Daniel front, I guess I just don't see this as Nicole and with most of what's going on I'll just chalk it up to like Bobby from Dallas. Someone will wake up in a shower stall and say "Oh thank god the last five years have been a very bad nightmare". Because personally as a viewer that's how I feel, and if they reset another reset to fix the reset that Corday hired to fix the last reset I'd say could we RESET NBC and have them cancel this crap. That would be the only reset that makes sense fro this writing.
Offline Profile Goto Top

outrageous
Member Avatar

Hopeless_Dreamer
Oct 8 2012, 05:30 PM
If this show was going to allow Nicole to have some happiness they would have let her have her baby.

Bringing back Eric isn't going to make up for that great loss. And while they may get the root for writing at first, it's only a matter of time before Nicole schemes or does something underhanded and causes him to turn on her or either they'll write Nicole to be a better and changed person and thats not something I want to watch. I really wish they would have let Nicole and Ej stay together. They really made the perfect match and perfect scheme team.
I remember when Nicole came back, she used EJ as a lawyer for her divorce from Victor and she chose him specifically because he was married to Sami. She was an interloper. The original "perfect for each other and scheming couple" was EJ and Sami, until the writers decided to pair EJ with Nicole. Nicole was always written as EJ's doormat until MarDar. They are the only writers who wrote Ejole as a rooting couple, and who gave Niclole a baby. I'm convinced the baby would have survived under their writing. MarDar giveth, TomSell taketh away.
Offline Profile Goto Top

camera shy

Well EJ moving across the hall from Sami was MarDar and their whole agenda was to put ejami together. They took Nicole totally out of EJ's orbit and everytime you looked Ej and Sami were running into each other and acting like they were best friends. I hate the way TomSell is writting this show, but at least I'm spared watching EJ and Sami trying to act like they're best friends when they weren't even friends.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Kevin_Buchanan
Member Avatar

Guinevere
Oct 8 2012, 12:34 PM
The character onscreen calling herself Jennifer is in no way the character I've watched throughout the years either. She is cold, selfish, uncaring and pretty mean these days - and it has nothing to do with her being a grieving widow. It's the way she's been written since she first came back - and that has nothing to do with her portrayer who hadn't done anything to upset anyone at that point. I know this comment wasn't aimed at me but alot of fans feel this way - many of whom are longtime Jennifer fans.
I've watched DAYS for years as well, and no way imho, is Jennifer cold, selfish, uncaring or pretty mean. I Don't get it!
Offline Profile Goto Top

Guinevere
Member Avatar
Salem needs Jack Deveraux. Bring Back Matthew Ashford.

But Jennifer if written in character would never call someone a bitch, she wouldn't constantly harass a pregnant woman (no matter what the situation). Her taking in Nicole would be due to her compassion not to score points with her ex. She would also mourn her husband (and she would've cared about his pain and PTSD) and she certainly wouldn't look twice at someone like Daniel Jonas (especially so soon after becoming a widow).
Offline Profile Goto Top

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Create your own social network with a free forum.
Learn More · Register Now
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Locked Topic