Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Friday, October 5th Daily Discussion
Topic Started: Oct 4 2012, 01:47 PM (7,215 Views)
LanaluvsBroe
Member Avatar

Wow...what a sympathetic doctor.. :sarcasm:

Oh Nicole.....you don't deserve this.... :tears: :tears: :tears:
Edited by LanaluvsBroe, Oct 5 2012, 04:20 PM.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

LanaluvsBroe
Member Avatar

The way AS played those scenes with James, it definitely came across that Sami is not over EJ, at least to me.

LanaluvsBroe
Member Avatar

Emmy worthy performance by Ari. My heart breaks for Nicole. :'(
Edited by LanaluvsBroe, Oct 5 2012, 04:35 PM.

Romancer66

LanaluvsBroe
Oct 5 2012, 04:17 PM
Jennifer is more upset about losing Dr. Douche's friendship than she is about losing the love of her life! :frustration: :frustration: :frustration: :angry:
Sadly, not surprising. Third-run Jennifer is a vile travesty of what she once used to be. She's already demonstrated she can't go for five minutes without a man. She's just as needy, desperate, and possessive as Nicole, only not as honest about it. A poster on another forum very accurately described her as acting more like a jealous, scorned lover than someone trying to repair a friendship.

"Pick up where we left off"? Well, Jen-Jen, if I recall correctly, when you and Dr. Douche left off, you were letting him stick his tongue down your throat on a regular basis, often in front of Jack--you know, the love of your life and the father of your children? And the dating reference she makes also squicks me out--why even mention it, if her thoughts weren't running (not so secretly) along those lines? Meanwhile, Daniel keeps telling her to butt out of his private and professional life, and she continues not to listen or respect his space. But what came across as plucky and determined 20 years ago with emotionally isolated Jack is coming across as creepy and obsessive with the far less complex and interesting Daniel.

At this point, the only thing that could save the character is a full-scale nervous breakdown. Openly Crazy Jennifer could only be an improvement over Shallow, Fickle, Faux-Griefstricken Jennifer.

LanaluvsBroe
Member Avatar

I love Anne. Any woman that calls Jen-Jen out on her bullshit is good with me.

LanaluvsBroe
Member Avatar

Nicole you don't need Daniel. You need EJ. He is the only person that could understand the pain you feel right now because he just lost a child too. :'(

deletemyaccountplease

I wonder if on some level subconsciously she's wanting ej...its some Freudian shit lol

deletemyaccountplease

^if the writers don't play that up.a little. Ill be pissed. Its very soapy. Probably too DEEP for tomsell though

camera shy

Rafe needs to tell Sami that he made a comittment to Nicole and maybe he's the baby's father and maybe he isn't but that's all he's going to tell her and she needs to make up her mind if she can live with this being only information she's ever going to get on the subject.

deletemyaccountplease

I hate what they're doing to ej but oh my lord
James was super sexy today. He is wasting his sexiness!!!!

BeeBee
Member Avatar

Lady Evol
Oct 4 2012, 10:53 PM
camera shy
Oct 4 2012, 05:21 PM
Courtneya6688
Oct 4 2012, 04:41 PM
From my undeestanding she didnt see the ultrasound but that is likely because an alarm went off when there was no heart beat and she didnt want nicole to see her dead baby
Thanks! So she never saw the baby on the monitor? And they didn't do an ultrasound? It's funny because I thought SOD had said that an ultrasound confirmed the baby was dead? And Nicole said that with her own doctor sometimes they couldn't find a heartbeat with the baby because he was positioned in a weird position. That baby is so alive. I bet somewhere down the line Nicole is going to want to see the baby and she'll discover he's alive and Daniel will have to decide whether to keep the secret or come forward to save Jennifer from going to prison for killing a baby who's very much alive.
No, there was an ultrasound. The write up isnt clear about whether Nicole sees it or not- seems like no, but then again she asks the dr to stop and that makes it sound like she is looking at the screen.

Anyway, I'd put money on the baby being dead. If this dr was a Stefano plant, she wouldn't be offering to stay with Nicole, call her dr, and have a nurse schedule the induction sometime in the next few days- when she won't even be around. If you're trying to steal a baby, you tell the mom you have to do it right then, knock her out and have her wake up baby-free.

I'm not saying there's no way it'll be changed if new writers come in, because everything is temporary on this show. But definitely it seems like it's being written that this is a dead baby. I'm not sure why people are so surprised- there are a lot of women out there who can't carry a baby to completion, I think Nicole is a story for them. A sad, sad, depressing, dark, awful story that they'd probably rather not think about.
I am sure there are a quite a few women who cannot carry a baby to term but soaps while supposedly somewhat connected to real life situations are supposed to be reasonably pleasant escapism.I don't watch soaps for sad,sad,depressing,dark awful stories that I would rather not think about.If Nicole had lost the baby during the explosion after being trapped under rubble I think a lot more fans could have accepted the loss.They could have had the Nicole go into premature labor then ask for EJ and confirm that the baby was his baby which could have included scenes with them bonding with the baby before the baby died instead of waiting two months until three (3) weeks before the baby is due to have the baby die.I hate the current storyline with passion and can barely watch the show.I don't even care about Eric's return.If it were not for Gabi/Nick and Kristin's return (since I did not see much of her during her last run),I probably would not watch the show every day which I have done since 2009.
In the past I have stated that I watch and accept the show with the good,the bad,and the ugly but the Jennifer/Daniel/Nicole and death of the baby are testing my limits for tolerating ugliness of biblical proportions.

BeeBee
Member Avatar

Courtneya6688
Oct 5 2012, 01:35 PM
After watching these are my thoughts. Safe reunion made me want to puke but only half as much as ej and samis conversation. Jennifer is disgusting with her heart ache on not being able to save poor daniel instead of grieveing her dead husband. Anne the hospital worker needs to just slap the bitch in the face. And lastly i cried like a feaking baby in the nicole scenes. Ari stole the show. Her grief was so believeable and real and more than i have saw from any other character who has lost someone on the show in years. Job well done!
I liked the reunion but other than that,could nt have said it better myself.

BeeBee
Member Avatar

LanaluvsBroe
Oct 5 2012, 04:17 PM
Jennifer is more upset about losing Dr. Douche's friendship than she is about losing the love of her life! :frustration: :frustration: :frustration: :angry:
I don't get around to a lot of sites.As I have been saying recently,I hate Jennifer a little more after each scene she is in which mentions or involves Daniel or Nicole.How can the writers or ptb think anyone likes or sympathizes with the character?I have not read or seen any positive feedback for her character posted on any site.Why are they continuning with her interferring/obsessing over Daniel so soon after Jack died saving their daughter? Are there a significant number of posters giving positive feedback about Jennifer?

Angie79
Member Avatar
Royal Reporter

Nicole looking the baby clothes was sad. :(

What a shitty doctor. She didn't bring anyone in to talk with Nicole and didn't offer to call anyone. She is suppose to drive home alone after getting that kind of news? AZ did great in those scenes.

Lady Evol
Member Avatar

BeeBee
Oct 5 2012, 11:42 PM
Lady Evol
camera shy
Courtneya6688
Oct 4 2012, 04:41 PM
From my undeestanding she didnt see the ultrasound but that is likely because an alarm went off when there was no heart beat and she didnt want nicole to see her dead baby
Thanks! So she never saw the baby on the monitor? And they didn't do an ultrasound? It's funny because I thought SOD had said that an ultrasound confirmed the baby was dead? And Nicole said that with her own doctor sometimes they couldn't find a heartbeat with the baby because he was positioned in a weird position. That baby is so alive. I bet somewhere down the line Nicole is going to want to see the baby and she'll discover he's alive and Daniel will have to decide whether to keep the secret or come forward to save Jennifer from going to prison for killing a baby who's very much alive.
No, there was an ultrasound. The write up isnt clear about whether Nicole sees it or not- seems like no, but then again she asks the dr to stop and that makes it sound like she is looking at the screen.

Anyway, I'd put money on the baby being dead. If this dr was a Stefano plant, she wouldn't be offering to stay with Nicole, call her dr, and have a nurse schedule the induction sometime in the next few days- when she won't even be around. If you're trying to steal a baby, you tell the mom you have to do it right then, knock her out and have her wake up baby-free.

I'm not saying there's no way it'll be changed if new writers come in, because everything is temporary on this show. But definitely it seems like it's being written that this is a dead baby. I'm not sure why people are so surprised- there are a lot of women out there who can't carry a baby to completion, I think Nicole is a story for them. A sad, sad, depressing, dark, awful story that they'd probably rather not think about.
I am sure there are a quite a few women who cannot carry a baby to term but soaps while supposedly somewhat connected to real life situations are supposed to be reasonably pleasant escapism.I don't watch soaps for sad,sad,depressing,dark awful stories that I would rather not think about.If Nicole had lost the baby during the explosion after being trapped under rubble I think a lot more fans could have accepted the loss.They could have had the Nicole go into premature labor then ask for EJ and confirm that the baby was his baby which could have included scenes with them bonding with the baby before the baby died instead of waiting two months until three (3) weeks before the baby is due to have the baby die.I hate the current storyline with passion and can barely watch the show.I don't even care about Eric's return.If it were not for Gabi/Nick and Kristin's return (since I did not see much of her during her last run),I probably would not watch the show every day which I have done since 2009.
In the past I have stated that I watch and accept the show with the good,the bad,and the ugly but the Jennifer/Daniel/Nicole and death of the baby are testing my limits for tolerating ugliness of biblical proportions.
I think you missed the sarcasm in the last part of my post... Technically, she did carry the baby to term- 37 weeks is full term and it seems like he was alive hours before the ultrasound- it's why I was being sarcastic about people being surprised. There was no reason or medical basis for this. Sorry if that wasn't clear. The show is too dark- has been for years- and it must be rubbing off on my sense of humor. It sucks that it's so nonstop heavy. And no- no one who has lost a child would want to watch this crap.

Anyway- not a Dan fan, but I'm just now watching this episode and I've gotta say, I wish Dan was on every day ripping on Jennifer. I'm enjoying it like I'd enjoy seeing her slapped over and over again by Jack.
Edited by Lady Evol, Oct 6 2012, 12:24 AM.

Courtneya6688
Member Avatar

I thinkvif nicole had lost the baby in the explosion i would have been more accepting to it but less than three weeks before she was due is just wrong. And it was even more heart breaking that she was alone. I know that its just a plot point to make jen responsible but this should have never been about jen or daniel if they were going to have this happen to poor nicole again

JessicaLeigh
Member Avatar

Seeing Nicole lay the baby's clothes and costumes out on the bed and weep ripped my heart out. This is really sickening. I am sticking with the show because I have hope that the baby's not actually dead and because I want to see Kristen and see if she and Stefano are involved in this in any way. Too much doesn't make sense. The substitute doctor who left the country immediately afterward, the note-taking by hand instead of on the computer, the fact that she didn't let Nicole see the ultrasound even though Nicole asked to, wanting to make an appointment to induce birth right away...

They must be keeping him alive because it would have made so much more sense for her to have lost the baby during the Daysaster otherwise. It's sadistic and twisted to wait until now. I can't believe they'd do this just for some half-baked, thoroughly revolting, audience-rejected bullshit between Jennifer and Daniel. Hell no! Having Nicole walk in on those two idiots laughing and flirting right after receiving such devastating news was a real kick in the teeth to the character of Nicole and her fans. It really minimized and cheapened the significance of the loss. Jennifer was nauseating throughout the episode. Destroy her, Nicole. Wreck her good. But please don't forget about your baby while doing so. I want her revenge to be about her devastation at not being a mother, not about Daniel. Is that so much to ask? :eyeroll:

The doctor's bedside manner and lack of sensitivity sucked but I guess that's to be expected if she's in the employ of Stefano (hopefully).
Edited by JessicaLeigh, Oct 6 2012, 03:37 AM.

Courtneya6688
Member Avatar

I think the doctor was beyond rude she didnt ask if she could call some one or get a nurse to stay with her or any thing. This wasnt a three month term baby it was a full term baby.

BeeBee
Member Avatar

Lady Evol
Oct 6 2012, 12:19 AM
BeeBee
Oct 5 2012, 11:42 PM
Lady Evol
camera shy

Quoting limited to 4 levels deep

I think you missed the sarcasm in the last part of my post... Technically, she did carry the baby to term- 37 weeks is full term and it seems like he was alive hours before the ultrasound- it's why I was being sarcastic about people being surprised. There was no reason or medical basis for this. Sorry if that wasn't clear. The show is too dark- has been for years- and it must be rubbing off on my sense of humor. It sucks that it's so nonstop heavy. And no- no one who has lost a child would want to watch this crap.

Anyway- not a Dan fan, but I'm just now watching this episode and I've gotta say, I wish Dan was on every day ripping on Jennifer. I'm enjoying it like I'd enjoy seeing her slapped over and over again by Jack.
Sorry I missed the tone of the post.I am so sad and angry about Nicole losing the baby I find it difficult to read anything that appears to find it acceptable.Again,apologies for the fervid repudiation.

camera shy

Does anybody else think it's a little strange for all of this to be happening before Nov sweeps? What do they plan to do for sweeps? Surely they plan on giving us more than Safe sex or Sami running back to EJ once Rafe's lies are exposed.....although I'd love to see Sami hightailing it back to EJ to hurt Rafe only to have him tell her he didn't give a damn about her, his son was dead and that she could go to hell or back to the man who stole his son and most of all mean it.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Fully Featured & Customizable Free Forums
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply