Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Friday, October 5th Daily Discussion
Topic Started: Oct 4 2012, 01:47 PM (7,153 Views)
outrageous
Member Avatar

camera shy
Oct 6 2012, 10:34 AM
Does anybody else think it's a little strange for all of this to be happening before Nov sweeps? What do they plan to do for sweeps? Surely they plan on giving us more than Safe sex or Sami running back to EJ once Rafe's lies are exposed.....although I'd love to see Sami hightailing it back to EJ to hurt Rafe only to have him tell her he didn't give a damn about her, his son was dead and that she could go to hell or back to the man who stole his son and most of all mean it.
You know, I'd like that too. I'd love her to realize that she dumped EJ, the man she "felt like herself with" for a corrupt, obsessed Zero Hero cop whose only purpose in life is to destroy him at any cost. Sami running after EJ would be priceless, but Tomlin would never have it. Tomlin would never give EJ that kind of storyline.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Courtneya6688
Member Avatar

Im anxious to see what is in store for sweeps too. Because this storyline with the baby really seems to be sweeps material. I will be truly upset if the best thing they have in store for sweeps is dannifer and safe reunions

DayDreamer
Member Avatar
Fan of EJ+ABBY!

Lanemack
Oct 5 2012, 01:08 PM
Actually liked the show today. Mostly due to AZ and her fantastic performance. A little confused by the baby clothes, though. Must of missed why she had them at the hospital - and they were HUGE. But overall, good, sad work. That doctor was rather cold and was writing quite the notes while her patient fell apart.

EJ and Sami. Can't believe it - liked it. AS performs her best in these kind of scenes with JS. Can't say if Sami's feelings are hurt because she actually cares about EJ, if it's a pride thing, or because she can't wait to kiss the guy again. Regardless, those two always have passion and I thought that EJ's excuse "because I love you" was valid. He should have told her that he needed to save her from a life of boring, plaid-love with Mr. No Personality. I know why Rafe and Sami's story needs EJ - it would be unwatchable without. PS - I do realize that these are the EJAMI's "throw crumbs to each fan base" scenes that keep me watching. Grrr. I hate being manipulated.

Bo's story seems like an afterthought in these episodes. It's dull.
The acting and storying is super (AS and JS super good in those scenes).. BUT the story is getting old... give the man a break. Yes, the story itself is good .. except the parts with Rafe being the good guy and Sami being so undecided.

So tired of SAFE hell.

camera shy

You know so far almost everthing we've seen with Nicole at the doctors was about setting things up for her to get away with her scheme to end up blaming Jennifer for her baby's death, but a few things stand out that weren't needed for her scheme to work and I wonder why they were included; Nicole telling the substitute doctor that not finding the baby's heartbeat had happened before with Dr. Knapp because he was positioned in a weird position, everything is going to happen in one day, Nicole gets the news about her baby's death and later that same day she gets into a fight with Jennifer and the baby is delivered so we don't have days and days of the baby not kicking, just a few hours (but maybe even Days thought it was too gruesome to have a mother walking aound with her dead child inside of her for days) and now it looks like dcotors we've never seen before are going to be the ones to deliver Nicole's baby. Since the baby is going to be declared stillborn why not have Daniel or Dr. Knapp be the one to help with the delivery? Is it because they want to put the blame of a baby being proclaimed stillborn when he's not on a bunch of strange doctors we've never seen before? Okay, I just went back and looked at the sneak previews and it looks like Cameron will be the doctor to deliver Nicole's baby, but why give it to a newcomer and why wasn't Maxine chosen to be one of the nurses in the room? Why give this scene over to a bunch of nobodies?
Edited by camera shy, Oct 6 2012, 04:15 PM.

Courtneya6688
Member Avatar

Im not sure why they wouldnt have daniel or dr knapp deliver the baby. I also wonder if before she has the baby will they discover the baby is already dead or will they only discover it when he is bor. Seems to me that if the new doctor doesnt know they will rush him out immediately to work on him. Im anxious to see it all play out this week because so far there are lots of holes in the story that could lead to the baby not really being dead

camera shy

Courtneya6688
Oct 6 2012, 04:15 PM
Im not sure why they wouldnt have daniel or dr knapp deliver the baby. I also wonder if before she has the baby will they discover the baby is already dead or will they only discover it when he is bor. Seems to me that if the new doctor doesnt know they will rush him out immediately to work on him. Im anxious to see it all play out this week because so far there are lots of holes in the story that could lead to the baby not really being dead
Unless that baby comes out of Nicole and catches fire, they've left room for him being alive.

Courtneya6688
Member Avatar

I didnt notice untill some one else posted that cameron was the doctor delivering the baby. He is such a useless character. But it could be rather interesting if he is in on this plan with stefeno and he is really not a good guy.

mer4santo
Member Avatar

Poor Nicole and as always, AZ brings it in with the big acting chops! Great drama and looking forward to the fallout.

That Safecrapfest seems awfully rushed to last long.

somersetfan
Member Avatar

AZ broke my heart! Even though I am looking forward to the story that will follow this I hate seeing Nicole grieve for another baby.

I really think this "power cut" might come into play down the line for Nicole's baby. I just a have feeling Stefano is involved in this.

I love love love this Anne women. Please can she become a regular character. I need her telling Daniel and Jennifer off at least once a week.

Edited by somersetfan, Oct 6 2012, 06:58 PM.

Tibi
Member Avatar

Well, I finally got around to watching this episode. It was so painful, I bawled my eyes out. :( The only good thing that should come out of this is that Ari should at least get an Emmy nom. She rocked these scenes so hard. But I still hate, hate that they did this. The baby better be alive or I just won't be watching again. :flipoff: Tomlin, please put us out of our misery and get rid of him.

JessicaLeigh
Member Avatar

Courtneya6688
Oct 6 2012, 04:48 PM
I didnt notice untill some one else posted that cameron was the doctor delivering the baby. He is such a useless character. But it could be rather interesting if he is in on this plan with stefeno and he is really not a good guy.
It could be interesting and add more complexity to the character. It seems like they've been taking Cameron in a new direction since he inexplicably dumped Abigail. He looked like a huge jerk then, but maybe he's downright evil.

camera shy

Tibi
Oct 6 2012, 10:33 PM
Well, I finally got around to watching this episode. It was so painful, I bawled my eyes out. :( The only good thing that should come out of this is that Ari should at least get an Emmy nom. She rocked these scenes so hard. But I still hate, hate that they did this. The baby better be alive or I just won't be watching again. :flipoff: Tomlin, please put us out of our misery and get rid of him.
Oh I'm pretty sure that emmy will go to AS for her reaction to when Sami finds out that Rafe lied to her about being the father to Nicole's baby.......it's in the bag. :D

spartan
Member Avatar

No surprise, AZ brought her A-game once again. I didn't shed a tear though even though I appreciated her performance. It's so different than the last time Nicole miscarried. She's not rootable at all to me in this scenario because of how she lied about the paternity and never intended for EJ to know. Just when I think about feeling an ounce of sympathy for her as she is crying and falls to he floor, she cries out "my little Danny". :rolleyes: Yeah, I got nothing. I'm not connected to the character and her motives, but kudos to Ari. She's definitely got her Emmy reel.

Did someone sit JS down and show him some 2007 EJ clips? These scenes were reminiscent of that time period for me. The way EJ kept constantly touching her, talking to her at close range, and looking like he wanted to drink her in was good stuff. That's the kind of EJami goodness I lapped up back then. AS played it well also. Looking half disgusted and half like she wants him to throw her down right there on the ground and start making out. That's the push/pull dynamic I love.

I am intrigued by what they could potentially be setting up here. EJ did do what he did so that he could "have" Sami. Rafe is doing what he did because he hates EJ, not for anything about or for Sami. In fact, he continues to lie to Sami time and again about the paternity. Add to that the fact that he did tell Carrie the truth, whom he was all about. If "what about me?!" Sami G. finds all that out, her reaction could prove very interesting and maybe not end very well for the :huh1: one. It's Tomlin though and he's clearly painting EJ into the 'darkness' corner so I know how it will ultimately end, which is why I struggle to even care.

These were the only scenes I watched so I won't comment on anything else.
Edited by spartan, Oct 7 2012, 11:34 AM.

deletemyaccountplease

I don't like ejami but I.agree js rocked those scenes. He's either on the mark or off and on Friday he was ON
Edited by deletemyaccountplease, Oct 7 2012, 11:24 AM.

NikiLani
Member Avatar

camera shy
Oct 7 2012, 09:27 AM
Tibi
Oh I'm pretty sure that emmy will go to AS for her reaction to when Sami finds out that Rafe lied to her about being the father to Nicole's baby.......it's in the bag. :D
With the amount of writing she is getting, seriously :lol:

Tibi
Member Avatar

camera shy
Oct 7 2012, 09:27 AM
Tibi
:roflol: :roflol: :roflol: :roflol:

LMAO! I am sure it's gonna be her best performance of the year with all of her screeching, stomping, grunting, ugly crying, squealing, and squawking she will finally get her long awaited Emmy.

bomber
Member Avatar

JessicaLeigh
Oct 7 2012, 06:22 AM
Courtneya6688
Oct 6 2012, 04:48 PM
It could be interesting and add more complexity to the character. It seems like they've been taking Cameron in a new direction since he inexplicably dumped Abigail. He looked like a huge jerk then, but maybe he's downright evil.
Cameron being the doctor is interesting! I remember SY saying in an interview he couldn't say what sort of doctor he was because of a big reveal. At the time I think it was assumed he would be a psychiatrist and help Abby through Jack's death. Add to that the announcement of his recast and his relationship to Lexie and it could mean he is going to be important. In which case the baby is probably alive because Lexie was pretty good at declaring living patients dead (and even harvesting their organs).

I also choose to take it as a sign that Jack is alive because Cameron was with him when he "died". Maybe the whole relationship with Abby was a scheme to plan Jack's demise. (Yeah I know Tomlin would never go to that much effort).
Edited by bomber, Oct 7 2012, 05:22 PM.

BeeBee
Member Avatar

camera shy
Oct 6 2012, 04:31 PM
Courtneya6688
Oct 6 2012, 04:15 PM
Unless that baby comes out of Nicole and catches fire, they've left room for him being alive.
I like that too since I read on this site that Jack came back after having had his organs harvested.

Courtneya6688
Member Avatar

Im not sure camerons purpose any more since he broke up with abby. If he is the one to deliver the baby i guess he would obviously be the one to give the news to everyone that the baby is dead. Therefore bringing him back into the picture with abby. I would love for him to be evil though.

outrageous
Member Avatar

I'm pretty sure this baby is really dead. Giving him a name like Daniel Raphael was the kiss of death - look at what happened to poor Grace Raphaela... Seriously though, Nicole falls down a set of stairs, that kind of seals the deal. I'm guessing this sets up the "Nicole has lost her mind" storyline, which she will also rock, I'm sure.

AZ better get an Emmy for these scenes. It appalls me that she didn't get one for her miscarriage scenes a few years ago. She deserves it. Though I never cared for the Nicole character, AZ rocked.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply