Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Spoilers for the week of October 15th; *updated 10/9*
Topic Started: Oct 4 2012, 05:55 PM (42,529 Views)
The Scorpion
Member Avatar

nolagirl
Oct 10 2012, 11:18 AM
The Scorpion
Oct 10 2012, 10:56 AM
Courtneya6688
Oct 10 2012, 10:47 AM
Any couple that does have potential they crush it pretty quickly i honestly am not rooting for any pairing right now
I wonder if there is a conscious choice of Days that not have strong couples, maybe it is so that they dont want to lock the characters in a pairing who is very popular as it will be difficult to move the character around?
I honestly think Tomlin's only agenda is SAFE, that is the only couple that seems to get any kind of attention and the only couple he makes sure wins. He needs to just get rid of all the other actors and make it THE SAFE HOUR, Sami, Rafe and the Kids. Guest appearances by Will, Lucas and EJ as the kids dad's but of course they'll be the comic relief of whatever the situation is that they are dealing with.
That GT has an agenda for Safe... that's something pretty obvious that most people have figured out by now. But I don't actually believe that GT's got absolute authority over the creative process. There's got to be something more - others who has something to say when it comes to the writing, thus resulting in this crappy mess they're delivering. Even if I, too, would like to put all the blame on GT, I'm still doubting that's all there is to it.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

BillieD
Member Avatar

nolagirl
The Scorpion
Courtneya6688
Any couple that does have potential they crush it pretty quickly i honestly am not rooting for any pairing right now
I wonder if there is a conscious choice of Days that not have strong couples, maybe it is so that they dont want to lock the characters in a pairing who is very popular as it will be difficult to move the character around?
I honestly think Tomlin's only agenda is SAFE, that is the only couple that seems to get any kind of attention and the only couple he makes sure wins. He needs to just get rid of all the other actors and make it THE SAFE HOUR, Sami, Rafe and the Kids. Guest appearances by Will, Lucas and EJ as the kids dad's but of course they'll be the comic relief of whatever the situation is that they are dealing with.
Yeah, Tomlin was back for all of 5 minutes but he made sure Carrie (as she was leaving town) told Rafe how she knew he still loved Sami or Sami loved him blah blah. Safe was and will always be his number one agenda on this show, and that is why I will forever resist them. I don't need to be told and shown numerous flashbacks about their ultra boring love story, I can draw my own conclusions based on their sleep-inducing interactions. EJ will always be the loser to Rafe and used to prop them. James Scott is leading man material and I want him in his own story, one where EJ never mentions Rafe again. :soapbox:
Edited by BillieD, Oct 10 2012, 11:45 AM.

JamesScott_19
Member Avatar
Don't get up. So how are you? What happened, eh? Let me guess, Stefano told you that you could fly,and you jumped off a building. HeHe It's funny right, no I'm sorry Bad EJ, I should'nt be that cruel!

camera shy
Oct 10 2012, 11:21 AM
magicsteacher
Oct 10 2012, 11:05 AM
BillieD
Oct 10 2012, 09:56 AM
nolagirl
Oct 10 2012, 09:41 AM

Quoting limited to 4 levels deep
This so much. I have loved Ejami but I cannot take this merry-go-round any longer. I want ALL these characters to move on and away from one another for a good year or so. Can we please insert Chloe into EJ's orbit or are the writers afraid that everyone will stop obsessing over Ejole and Ejami? :drunk:

I'm so sick of manufactured angst, like Rafe lying about being Nicole's baby's father is actually keeping Sami away from him now? :shrug: Damn, you would think ANY woman would be thrilled but no, NOT Sami, she'd rather do him when she thinks his kid is dead. This is the best the writers could come up with? :frustration: Just stop trying to force this nonsense on us. Safe just has NO story to tell.
SAFE could have story of their own to tell if the writers wouldn't keep insisting on xonstantly always making Ej their only angst.
They certainly could. Give Rafe some beautiful partner to work with or what would he do if Emily suddenly showed up alive? They don't need EJ in the picture. We saw months and months of EJ not giving Sami one damn thought and being perfectly happy with Nicole. Pair up your couples (whoever they are) and send them off into their own storylines. And if you're a writer getting very well paid to write, then you shouldn't have a problem writting good, interesting stories.
I don't remember any Safe story where Ej was not involved, :shrug:

Dreamer
Gone, But Not Forgotten!

With so many characters missing from the spoilers, it is diffult to see where the show is heading.

TomSell are hell bent on overexposing various characters over a few weeks, then cut cold turkey to show others. Was that their MO the last time? It if it was, I can see if being a huge drawback for fans and fanbases.

LuvingLumi
Member Avatar
♥ LUMI ♥

Dreamer
Oct 10 2012, 12:45 PM
With so many characters missing from the spoilers, it is diffult to see where the show is heading.

TomSell are hell bent on overexposing various characters over a few weeks, then cut cold turkey to show others. Was that their MO the last time? It if it was, I can see if being a huge drawback for fans and fanbases.
This is how the man operates. He continuously uses his select few favorites and forgets about the rest of the cast. The ones that continuously should be interacting never do when he wants to push certain couples. For example less than 2 months ago we had enough Lucas and Sami scenes, in the last few months they are down to 4 scenes simply because he apparently can't tell the "Safe/Ejami" story without isolating other players. He did the same thing in 2009. He was all into writing Safe as the greatest love story ever told and Ej was off with Nicole, they gave Ejami fans virtually no scenes for a good period of time and then just a few after the shooting. Ej wasn't the only one affected, Lucas would come around Sami 10 times in a year, and he and Rafe didn't even share dialogue in their scenes from the moment Rafe got to Salem in 2008 till the moment Lucas was written out in 2010. It's simply mind blowing and he's doing it again. Ej and Nicole can't share scenes while they were trying to make Ejami and Dikki fly....last time Chloe and Brady couldn't share scenes while she was bouncing between lucas and dan.....and he was boinking Arianna.....but I also feel that was more Dena as she loved Nicole and Brady...
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

BeeBee
Member Avatar

lumifan4life
Oct 10 2012, 12:34 AM
jackjenfan
Oct 9 2012, 10:14 PM
Rafe grieves for Nicole's baby with her? I can get him being sad for her, but grieve? They weren't even friends when he took the role of the fake daddy and has little to do with her since Dr Dan da man started sniffing around her. I wish the "friendship" of Rafe and Nicole would go back to the left field where it came from. She should have told EJ the truth weeks ago, considering he never once threatened to steal her kid from her. It would have spared us all this stupid tale of Nicole and all her fake baby daddys and her fight to string them all along.
I think Rafe grieving with Nicole makes sense. He was the only one there for her when she became pregnant and unlike Dan, he wasn't trying to get in her pants. Rafe and Nicole's friendship might have come out of left field but I'm pretty sure after all these months that they both care deeply for each other and I think they have a nice friendship. And that's what is so refreshing about Racole, it isn't romantic from either side. They can actually just be friends and hang out without it ever being awkward because they are simply buddies who have each other's back. That's how they were written when their friendship began and that's how they are written even now. No matter what Nicole had going with Dan, she always cared for Rafe as a friend and he cared for her as well. I remember when everyone found out the gang in the safe house were alive, Nicole was there and relieved to see Rafe. They shared a very nice scene together and it wasn't about Sami or Carrie or EJ, it was about them and their friendship. It is so rare these days to see a man and a woman be just friends without it getting complicated by bringing sex or love into the mix. Racole actually have that. Every single scene with them has given off a great friendship vibe that doesn't gross me out because I know I won't have to worry about them jumping each other's bones in the next scene. Now that would have been annoying and contrived. Sure they didn't have any use for each other at one point but circumstances changed and because of that, they are now friends like it or not, lol. And I don't like much if not anything on this show nowadays but the Racole friendship never repulsed me or made me gag. There is nothing wrong with them being friends and it sure beats the hell out of Dan the sleaze managing to sleep with every single one of his female patients and then dumping them like trash when he's had his fill.
You are so right.The Rafe/Nicole friendship is the only portion of the baby story line that I like.I especially like the fact that even though Rafe knows how much Sami dislikes Nicole and as much as he wants to be with Sami,he leaves Sami to go support Nicole because he knows she virtually has no one else.I like the fact that he does not want to sex it up with Sam after seeing Nicole.Rafe shows more compassion for Nicole than EJ who claimed in the past that he loved her.The fact that she lost their baby and his response is to tape what she said while she is sedated after delivering their still born baby then immediately leave her to use the tape to make Rafe look bad makes EJ the biggest pig on the face of the earth.Is this the "bonding" between Nicole and EJ over the loss of their miracle baby son?????If so,I agree with whoever has written that Tomlin/Whitsell are the worst writers in the history of soaps and the show is likely doomed.No wonder Renee,Molly,Peter,and Lisa left the show.Whoever speculated James Scott might be leaving the show is likely right.

camera shy

JamesScott_19
Oct 10 2012, 11:51 AM
camera shy
magicsteacher
BillieD
Oct 10 2012, 09:56 AM

SAFE could have story of their own to tell if the writers wouldn't keep insisting on xonstantly always making Ej their only angst.
They certainly could. Give Rafe some beautiful partner to work with or what would he do if Emily suddenly showed up alive? They don't need EJ in the picture. We saw months and months of EJ not giving Sami one damn thought and being perfectly happy with Nicole. Pair up your couples (whoever they are) and send them off into their own storylines. And if you're a writer getting very well paid to write, then you shouldn't have a problem writting good, interesting stories.
Because there hasn't been any. But it doesn't mean they couldn't survie well without him. In my opinion one of the biggest problems with this show is that they keep on wasting EJ on a woman who doesn't love him. Either write Sami to truly love EJ and put them together or else take him out of her orbit and move on to other stories.

KMan101
Member Avatar

Aside from Sami and Rafe, I kinda am looking forward to this week. However, John's all of a sudden dreaming and thinking about Kristen when she's barely been mentioned over the years? LOL. But the week actually looks good.

LuvingLumi
Member Avatar
♥ LUMI ♥

camera shy
Oct 10 2012, 12:57 PM
JamesScott_19
Oct 10 2012, 11:51 AM
camera shy
magicsteacher

Because there hasn't been any. But it doesn't mean they couldn't survie well without him. In my opinion one of the biggest problems with this show is that they keep on wasting EJ on a woman who doesn't love him. Either write Sami to truly love EJ and put them together or else take him out of her orbit and move on to other stories.
Safe could have a story with Lucas, Safe could have a story with another woman coming between Safe, Safe can have a story where Rafe can't inform sami of something work related and she schemes to see if she can get to the bottom of it.....I don't like Safe but the only reason Ej has had a story all these years is because he's been the foil to Sami's established relationships....you can't even say that he's had story solely about Nicole...because on both occasions it's been all about Sami for him....it was sami's kid the first time and this time he ended up boinking Sami. If anything Ej has been the thorn on Sami's side and he would likely not even be around if it wasn't for his stories surrounding SAMI.

nolagirl
Member Avatar

LuvingLumi
Oct 10 2012, 12:52 PM
Dreamer
Oct 10 2012, 12:45 PM

This is how the man operates. He continuously uses his select few favorites and forgets about the rest of the cast. The ones that continuously should be interacting never do when he wants to push certain couples. For example less than 2 months ago we had enough Lucas and Sami scenes, in the last few months they are down to 4 scenes simply because he apparently can't tell the "Safe/Ejami" story without isolating other players. He did the same thing in 2009. He was all into writing Safe as the greatest love story ever told and Ej was off with Nicole, they gave Ejami fans virtually no scenes for a good period of time and then just a few after the shooting. Ej wasn't the only one affected, Lucas would come around Sami 10 times in a year, and he and Rafe didn't even share dialogue in their scenes from the moment Rafe got to Salem in 2008 till the moment Lucas was written out in 2010. It's simply mind blowing and he's doing it again. Ej and Nicole can't share scenes while they were trying to make Ejami and Dikki fly....last time Chloe and Brady couldn't share scenes while she was bouncing between lucas and dan.....and he was boinking Arianna.....but I also feel that was more Dena as she loved Nicole and Brady...
At this point I'm truly starting to wonder the last time we all blamed Dena for the mess, then Mar/Dar got blamed. But when the ratings go this bad they have three factors in common that NBC themselves should notice.

Corday
Tomlin
SAFE

Corday loves GG whom he says has bedroom eyes :puke:

Tomlin brought GG on and taylor made the role of Rafe for him to be with Sami :x

SAFE suck but the first two won't accept this and continue to focalize on this couple leaving better pairings left without airitme. At this point I could care less if SAFE are together or not, BUT I do care that they are screen hogs and anything or character to be used to prop this couple. Get them from front burner and tell stories with characters the viewers want to watch.

Basically most fanbases for any of Sami's pairings are done, BUT others we'd like to see happen.

lumifan4life

BeeBee
Oct 10 2012, 12:54 PM
lumifan4life
Oct 10 2012, 12:34 AM
jackjenfan
Oct 9 2012, 10:14 PM
Rafe grieves for Nicole's baby with her? I can get him being sad for her, but grieve? They weren't even friends when he took the role of the fake daddy and has little to do with her since Dr Dan da man started sniffing around her. I wish the "friendship" of Rafe and Nicole would go back to the left field where it came from. She should have told EJ the truth weeks ago, considering he never once threatened to steal her kid from her. It would have spared us all this stupid tale of Nicole and all her fake baby daddys and her fight to string them all along.
I think Rafe grieving with Nicole makes sense. He was the only one there for her when she became pregnant and unlike Dan, he wasn't trying to get in her pants. Rafe and Nicole's friendship might have come out of left field but I'm pretty sure after all these months that they both care deeply for each other and I think they have a nice friendship. And that's what is so refreshing about Racole, it isn't romantic from either side. They can actually just be friends and hang out without it ever being awkward because they are simply buddies who have each other's back. That's how they were written when their friendship began and that's how they are written even now. No matter what Nicole had going with Dan, she always cared for Rafe as a friend and he cared for her as well. I remember when everyone found out the gang in the safe house were alive, Nicole was there and relieved to see Rafe. They shared a very nice scene together and it wasn't about Sami or Carrie or EJ, it was about them and their friendship. It is so rare these days to see a man and a woman be just friends without it getting complicated by bringing sex or love into the mix. Racole actually have that. Every single scene with them has given off a great friendship vibe that doesn't gross me out because I know I won't have to worry about them jumping each other's bones in the next scene. Now that would have been annoying and contrived. Sure they didn't have any use for each other at one point but circumstances changed and because of that, they are now friends like it or not, lol. And I don't like much if not anything on this show nowadays but the Racole friendship never repulsed me or made me gag. There is nothing wrong with them being friends and it sure beats the hell out of Dan the sleaze managing to sleep with every single one of his female patients and then dumping them like trash when he's had his fill.
You are so right.The Rafe/Nicole friendship is the only portion of the baby story line that I like.I especially like the fact that even though Rafe knows how much Sami dislikes Nicole and as much as he wants to be with Sami,he leaves Sami to go support Nicole because he knows she virtually has no one else.I like the fact that he does not want to sex it up with Sam after seeing Nicole.Rafe shows more compassion for Nicole than EJ who claimed in the past that he loved her.The fact that she lost their baby and his response is to tape what she said while she is sedated after delivering their still born baby then immediately leave her to use the tape to make Rafe look bad makes EJ the biggest pig on the face of the earth.Is this the "bonding" between Nicole and EJ over the loss of their miracle baby son?????If so,I agree with whoever has written that Tomlin/Whitsell are the worst writers in the history of soaps and the show is likely doomed.No wonder Renee,Molly,Peter,and Lisa left the show.Whoever speculated James Scott might be leaving the show is likely right.
Exactly. And everything you said is precisely why I still think Sami's man is Lucas, lol.

Daysdegrassi
Member Avatar

Courtneya6688
Oct 10 2012, 07:01 AM
I hope racole stay friends too. Rafe has gotten to know nicole and sees that she is a better person than he ever gave her credit for. And im sure its just wishful thinking but im hoping he will stay in her corner when the truth is revealed how the baby died. Everyone in salem have atleast one person they can turn to in salem nicole should too
I hope they remain friends, but I also hope they actually get together at some point. Now that it looks as if Sami wants to take a break from being with Rafe, we all know she'll probably go to Lucas for comfort, and then EJ, and so on. I think Nicole getting her feelings for Rafe back would be interesting, only for her to be with Eric, and then Rafe being jealous because he realizes he wants her. I'd like that apporach. I just want to see Nicole happy, and while I hope for EJole reuniting down the road, it would be stupid and unrealistic for that to happen right now. As for EJ, I'm still not convinced he actually loves Sami, but that he just hates being alone and wants to ruin her chances with Rafe as a sort of revenge against Rafe for "winning" her everytime.

lumifan4life

Daysdegrassi
Oct 10 2012, 01:30 PM
Courtneya6688
I hope racole stay friends too. Rafe has gotten to know nicole and sees that she is a better person than he ever gave her credit for. And im sure its just wishful thinking but im hoping he will stay in her corner when the truth is revealed how the baby died. Everyone in salem have atleast one person they can turn to in salem nicole should too
I hope they remain friends, but I also hope they actually get together at some point. Now that it looks as if Sami wants to take a break from being with Rafe, we all know she'll probably go to Lucas for comfort, and then EJ, and so on. I think Nicole getting her feelings for Rafe back would be interesting, only for her to be with Eric, and then Rafe being jealous because he realizes he wants her. I'd like that apporach. I just want to see Nicole happy, and while I hope for EJole reuniting down the road, it would be stupid and unrealistic for that to happen right now. As for EJ, I'm still not convinced he actually loves Sami, but that he just hates being alone and wants to ruin her chances with Rafe as a sort of revenge against Rafe for "winning" her everytime.
EJ is obsessed with Sami, it's not love. He's been a nightmare since 2006 first destroying Lumi, then Safe, then Lumi again, and so on and so forth. That's why my favorite EJ pairing is with a coffin hopefully soon.

As for Racole, actually at one point earlier this year I wanted them to get together too. I like their friendship alot and if one day down the line they happen it wouldn't seem contrived because they are friends now. However, I'm ok with them just being friends now. It is so refreshing that a man and a woman can be friends without the idea of boinking entering their minds. When it comes to Nicole, Rafe looks the best when it comes to genuinely caring about her and her well being with no ulterior motives. He's with Sami but he won't stop caring about Nicole and I like that. Also Rafe makes both Dan and EJ look like asses since one boinked her and dropped her and the other wants to use her baby dying as a means to get in Sami's pants. Both men suck. Rafe ironically as Nicole's friend comes across as the only man she can trust and truly has her best interests at heart.

Courtneya6688
Member Avatar

I would love to see nicole finally have two men fight over her for once. I dont know that rafe and nicole could be a long lasting relationship but the two have tons of chemistry

mer4santo
Member Avatar

BeeBee
Oct 9 2012, 11:39 PM
mer4santo
Oct 9 2012, 02:07 PM
I hope EJ rips Nicole a new one for keeping him away from a child who has yet again died. She witnessed the first time and 'knows' EJ; she should be expecting a boot up her ass.
Since his first stop with the tape was Sami not a lawyer or the police,I don't think Nicole needs to worry about EJ ripping/booting.
Of course his first stop for anything wouldn't be either the police or a lawyer, that's not how the DiMera's roll. I mean really, the SPD? Right.

I have no doubt Nicole will survive some short lived anger session from EJ and then maybe she runs away to escape his meddling in her life.

mer4santo
Member Avatar

JamesScott_19
Oct 10 2012, 10:02 AM
Wow Ej doing the nasty on the bar with Hope? That will actually be pretty hot :P
NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO and just NO.

B-)

Dee-anne

lumifan4life
Oct 10 2012, 01:40 PM
Daysdegrassi
Courtneya6688
EJ is obsessed with Sami, it's not love. He's been a nightmare since 2006 first destroying Lumi, then Safe, then Lumi again, and so on and so forth. That's why my favorite EJ pairing is with a coffin hopefully soon.

As for Racole, actually at one point earlier this year I wanted them to get together too. I like their friendship alot and if one day down the line they happen it wouldn't seem contrived because they are friends now. However, I'm ok with them just being friends now. It is so refreshing that a man and a woman can be friends without the idea of boinking entering their minds. When it comes to Nicole, Rafe looks the best when it comes to genuinely caring about her and her well being with no ulterior motives. He's with Sami but he won't stop caring about Nicole and I like that. Also Rafe makes both Dan and EJ look like asses since one boinked her and dropped her and the other wants to use her baby dying as a means to get in Sami's pants. Both men suck. Rafe ironically as Nicole's friend comes across as the only man she can trust and truly has her best interests at heart.
It doesn't matter what they do, or how much they pimp Rafe, I still don't like him. I just can't forget how he use to treat Nicole. I certainly don't want to see any Racole pairing.

lumifan4life

Dee-anne
Oct 10 2012, 01:48 PM
lumifan4life
Oct 10 2012, 01:40 PM
Daysdegrassi
Courtneya6688

It doesn't matter what they do, or how much they pimp Rafe, I still don't like him. I just can't forget how he use to treat Nicole. I certainly don't want to see any Racole pairing.
I can't believe I'm defending Rafe but compared to how EJ and Dan have both treated Nicole, Rafe looks like a prince. She's actually quite lucky to have him and that he'd do anything for her. He even tells Sami he'd do it all over again if he had to. Nicole needs all the support she can get and for months now the only person who has truly been there for her is Rafe.

Lil
Member Avatar

BillieD
Oct 10 2012, 11:44 AM
nolagirl
The Scorpion
Courtneya6688
Yeah, Tomlin was back for all of 5 minutes but he made sure Carrie (as she was leaving town) told Rafe how she knew he still loved Sami or Sami loved him blah blah. Safe was and will always be his number one agenda on this show, and that is why I will forever resist them. I don't need to be told and shown numerous flashbacks about their ultra boring love story, I can draw my own conclusions based on their sleep-inducing interactions. EJ will always be the loser to Rafe and used to prop them. James Scott is leading man material and I want him in his own story, one where EJ never mentions Rafe again. :soapbox:
One of the many things that pissed me off about SAFE reuniting was all the damned flashbacks but when Jack died he barely got ANY, With all the shit Nicole is going through again, there have been none...They show flashbacks of episodes that aired a few days prior but it seems like they never pull out the OLD flashbacks for anyone except crappy SAFE! lol

Courtneya6688
Member Avatar

I agree the show has way to many damn flashbacks especially ones that were only aired a day or two before

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply