Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Spoilers for the week of October 15th; *updated 10/9*
Topic Started: Oct 4 2012, 05:55 PM (42,530 Views)
Deleted User
Deleted User

Ejole Lifer
Oct 11 2012, 02:10 PM
Their scenes don't need to be "syrupy" just a mutual respect or sympathy would be nice. If he wants to be latched to Sami's tit then good on him, but the inconsistencies of EJ going from all about Nicole and their child to Sami to now not giving a squirt of piss are too much for this viewer to overlook. It's a sensitive time and space and I would have appreciated if the writers at least gave the moment the respect it deserves...whether or not Ejole ever end up together again.
If they didn't want to write for Ejole, at least have the decency to give them closure since they are killing off their baby again. But who am I kidding. This show can't even give respect to a longtime vet like Peter, so I shouldn't be surprised that they have no problem continuing to fuck over fans.
Quote Post Goto Top

Honeybees
Member Avatar

LonePirate
Oct 11 2012, 09:32 AM
Honeybees
Oct 11 2012, 08:00 AM
Having any character whether it be Lucas or Victor say how awesome a couple they are just feels like the writers are telling us the audience what we already know - because there was such a long wait for them to get together. So, it wasn't objecting to the content of the scenes so much as how they came off as propping.

I wonder if a story is being set up where since pretty much all of Salem is lining up to support Will and Sonny, if someone (Jennifer? Nick? Kristen?) will step to voice their disapproval and a civil war of sorts. There is no doubt in my mind this relationship is being built up so strongly so that it's destruction is even more stark and damaging.

So what's the over/under for when people start bitching about how the writers have botched Kristen's return or screwed up her character or are otherwise not writing her the way the fans think she should be written? October 17? Or will the honeymoon be longer, say October 25?
I don't mind that nobody has a problem with Wilson's relationship, but I do have a problem with the fact that Will has reset back to his pre-EJ's Smithers phase. Dark!Will actually had the potential to put natural tension between Wilson. Right now, there are two nice guys who are into each other but inexplicably not having sex or even being that sexual with each other beyond some kissing. (I seem to recall a lot more sexual tension in the early days of Nuke when they show was bending over to explain why they hadn't had sex and put up road blocks to that sex.)

But yeah, I'm pretty sure they are setting up Wilson for some angsty thing. My hope is that it won't be a Will/Gabi shotgun wedding but rather Sonny being just freaked over his boyfriend impregnating a girl right before they hooked up. But really? I can't see Sonny being that upset, because that was before he and Will were together.

But seriously, the writers need to exploit the fact that Will should be an emotional trainwreck. Sonny can be Mister Stability.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Lil
Member Avatar

Honeybees
Oct 11 2012, 02:19 PM
LonePirate
Honeybees
Having any character whether it be Lucas or Victor say how awesome a couple they are just feels like the writers are telling us the audience what we already know - because there was such a long wait for them to get together. So, it wasn't objecting to the content of the scenes so much as how they came off as propping.

I wonder if a story is being set up where since pretty much all of Salem is lining up to support Will and Sonny, if someone (Jennifer? Nick? Kristen?) will step to voice their disapproval and a civil war of sorts. There is no doubt in my mind this relationship is being built up so strongly so that it's destruction is even more stark and damaging.

So what's the over/under for when people start bitching about how the writers have botched Kristen's return or screwed up her character or are otherwise not writing her the way the fans think she should be written? October 17? Or will the honeymoon be longer, say October 25?
I don't mind that nobody has a problem with Wilson's relationship, but I do have a problem with the fact that Will has reset back to his pre-EJ's Smithers phase. Dark!Will actually had the potential to put natural tension between Wilson. Right now, there are two nice guys who are into each other but inexplicably not having sex or even being that sexual with each other beyond some kissing. (I seem to recall a lot more sexual tension in the early days of Nuke when they show was bending over to explain why they hadn't had sex and put up road blocks to that sex.)

But yeah, I'm pretty sure they are setting up Wilson for some angsty thing. My hope is that it won't be a Will/Gabi shotgun wedding but rather Sonny being just freaked over his boyfriend impregnating a girl right before they hooked up. But really? I can't see Sonny being that upset, because that was before he and Will were together.

But seriously, the writers need to exploit the fact that Will should be an emotional trainwreck. Sonny can be Mister Stability.
SERIOUSLY!!! CM didn't get an Emmy for his portrayal of Boring Will or EJ's lapdog!! It was when he was being a little asshole to his mother and freaking out about being gay. Dark Will is when I started to give a shit about him. And considering who his parents are, this should be a no-brainer!!! Backburn his piece of shit mom and give WilSon some story!!!
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

six
Member Avatar

Ejole Lifer
Oct 11 2012, 02:10 PM
Their scenes don't need to be "syrupy" just a mutual respect or sympathy would be nice. If he wants to be latched to Sami's tit then good on him, but the inconsistencies of EJ going from all about Nicole and their child to Sami to now not giving a squirt of piss are too much for this viewer to overlook. It's a sensitive time and space and I would have appreciated if the writers at least gave the moment the respect it deserves...whether or not Ejole ever end up together again.
They certainly don't need to be, but back when the two of them were on good terms, they usually were. And FTR, I would have been fine with them doing some normal happy bonding, with EJ going to prenatal visits or something like that, but Days usually veers into OTT mode with those two.
Edited by six, Oct 11 2012, 02:56 PM.

Harmony233

Lil
Oct 11 2012, 02:21 PM
Honeybees
Oct 11 2012, 02:19 PM
LonePirate
Honeybees

SERIOUSLY!!! CM didn't get an Emmy for his portrayal of Boring Will or EJ's lapdog!! It was when he was being a little asshole to his mother and freaking out about being gay. Dark Will is when I started to give a shit about him. And considering who his parents are, this should be a no-brainer!!! Backburn his piece of shit mom and give WilSon some story!!!
IA when his parents were wills age they was plotting scheming and blackmailing lets get him to be acting like that lol

Daysdegrassi
Member Avatar

I hope Nikki calls out EJ for using her confession against Safe and not giving a shit about the child. She needs to slap the shit out of ESlut!

LucasHortonFan
Please write 4 Bryan Dattilo, Give him a love interest.

six
Oct 11 2012, 12:28 PM
Vicky4Mimi
Oct 10 2012, 04:22 PM
Quote:

EJ goes to see Nicole. He does his best to act sympathetic, all the while recording their conversation

Ok shouldn't he be sad..and not have to pretend IF the baby is really dead??
Grief and sympathy are two completely different things.

Nicole robbed him of the few moments of joy he could have had with the baby, so if he gives her one ounce of sympathy, it's more than she should rightfully expect to get.
Imho he robbed himself. He should have been more concerned with Nicole and the baby he has known all along was his. Instead, all he has cared about is Sami. Poor Nicole and his son. They deserved so much better, imho.

BeeBee
Member Avatar

Daysdegrassi
Oct 11 2012, 11:51 AM
Am I the only one who loves Rafe and Daniel's friendship?
I like their friendship too because it derived from their desire to help Nicole even though it looks life Daniel will probably be jumping ship after the accusation against Jennifer.I hope atleast Rafe will stick by Nicole even after the reveal which would be consistent with basically standing by Sami and Gabi as well as Arianna initially.

Courtneya6688
Member Avatar

Out of this whole baby drama if we get nothing else i hope its that racole stay friends.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

six
Member Avatar

LucasHortonFan
Oct 11 2012, 03:27 PM
six
Oct 11 2012, 12:28 PM
Vicky4Mimi
Oct 10 2012, 04:22 PM
Quote:

EJ goes to see Nicole. He does his best to act sympathetic, all the while recording their conversation

Ok shouldn't he be sad..and not have to pretend IF the baby is really dead??
Grief and sympathy are two completely different things.

Nicole robbed him of the few moments of joy he could have had with the baby, so if he gives her one ounce of sympathy, it's more than she should rightfully expect to get.
Imho he robbed himself. He should have been more concerned with Nicole and the baby he has known all along was his. Instead, all he has cared about is Sami. Poor Nicole and his son. They deserved so much better, imho.
The only person to blame for what happened there is Nicole. She actively chose not to have "better" and if her son could be said to have missed out in any meaningful way, that's on her.

JamesScott_19
Member Avatar
Don't get up. So how are you? What happened, eh? Let me guess, Stefano told you that you could fly,and you jumped off a building. HeHe It's funny right, no I'm sorry Bad EJ, I should'nt be that cruel!

mer4santo
Oct 10 2012, 01:46 PM
JamesScott_19
Oct 10 2012, 10:02 AM
Wow Ej doing the nasty on the bar with Hope? That will actually be pretty hot :P
NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO and just NO.

B-)
YES YES YES YES YES YES :P

Lil
Member Avatar

BeeBee
Oct 11 2012, 05:45 PM
Daysdegrassi
Oct 11 2012, 11:51 AM
Am I the only one who loves Rafe and Daniel's friendship?
I like their friendship too because it derived from their desire to help Nicole even though it looks life Daniel will probably be jumping ship after the accusation against Jennifer.I hope atleast Rafe will stick by Nicole even after the reveal which would be consistent with basically standing by Sami and Gabi as well as Arianna initially.
I don't mind it. Nicole makes Rafe tolerable...but then AZ just has that ability...

lysie
Member Avatar

JamesScott_19
Oct 11 2012, 07:53 PM
mer4santo
JamesScott_19
Wow Ej doing the nasty on the bar with Hope? That will actually be pretty hot :P

B-)
YES YES YES YES YES YES :P
That will be what a Hope is saying.

nolagirl
Member Avatar

Courtneya6688
Oct 11 2012, 09:39 AM
I think that its alittle crazy that everyone just supports wilson. I liked that they had a little disaproval it just doesnt give them much to overcome if everyone is happy for them. In real life many parents do struggle with accepting there children are gay
Forget accepting their children as gay, most parents don't like their child's choice in any relationship. It's hard to let your child grow up, Wilson should get angst in general. I did like the part Lucas played in his first reaction to seeing them kiss, it was probably the only REAL thing the writers have done. Unfortunately they also had everyone come down on Lucas instead, also Will's loyalty to Lucas in the past few months has been pathetic.

I'd much rather see Lucas/Will explored more and Will while angry with his father over his relationship with Sonny, also try and make up to him for his lack of loyalty with a mother he knows far to well as a nut job. Will expects Lucas to back him and his decisions on his private life, BUT Will has done everything but shoot his own father to push his mother back towards EJ and/or Rafe.

Sonny could be their for Will like any other couple showing Will what HE'S done wrong as well as mend the relationship with his father. That is a story I'd rather be watching.

SocRMum1
Member Avatar
Much prefers sweevil, snarky EJ over Father Figure Fucktard Eejiot.

Daysdegrassi
Oct 11 2012, 03:24 PM
I hope Nikki calls out EJ for using her confession against Safe and not giving a shit about the child. She needs to slap the shit out of ESlut!
That would seem to be a wee bit hypocritical considering she'd convinced Daniel to move to Utah to 'protect' the (dead) baby in her womb - but really just to get him away from Jennifer.

concerned
Member Avatar

mer4santo
JamesScott_19

B-)
It should be a shower scene.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply