Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Spoilers for the week of October 15th; *updated 10/9*
Topic Started: Oct 4 2012, 05:55 PM (42,416 Views)
Ejole Lifer

lumifan4life
Oct 5 2012, 10:52 AM
LuvingLumi
Oct 5 2012, 10:20 AM
Lanemack
Oct 5 2012, 09:56 AM
tomsawyer
Oct 5 2012, 09:24 AM

Quoting limited to 4 levels deep
Oh, Sweet Valley High. Life was so simple then.

Problem with this is that Rafe and Sami are treated differently than all other couples. Hey, even Kristen's return is going to cause trouble for John and Marlena. But for some reason, Rafe is untouchable and I'm afraid that his lie about Nicole will just bring him and Sami closer because now they're "even" - Sami's cheating and hurting poor St. Rafe = Rafe lying about "protecting" Nicole (which, I'm sure, will be presented as noble and honourable).

I'm sure the implosion will be the equivalent of three days of Sami pouting, going to Lucas for some advice, snuggling with EJ for 1/2 an episode, and running back into the arms of Rafe on Christmas Eve - he'll be dressed as Santa once again - all in time for a family-filled Hernandez Christmas.
lol....yeah, they might be playing up the lie more and more but in the end IMHO it won't amount to anything more than a 3 day breakup with some crying on Sami's part and some "I'm really, really sorry" on Rafe's part.....

Sami has officially become the new Lucas....a liar that doesn't want anyone lying to her.....lol.....Sami should just shut the hell up and just accept Rafe's apology, she has no room to talk....he apparently forgave her for fucking Ej.....nothing else can seem any worse than that.
But I'm not even understanding what the big lie is. That Rafe didn't sleep with Nicole and can't be the father because of that simple fact? I expect Sami to boink Rafe right then and there if that's the big lie cause she's going to love that Rafe stayed celibate instead of jumping Nicole's bones soon after their breakup like she and everyone else thought he did. I mean I seriously do not see her being mad at him about this at all. And not sure if this happened yet but didn't Sami offer to help keep the baby a secret from EJ? So that itself means she's got to suspect that EJ might be the father afterall or else why the need for everyone to join in the "Let's keep EJ from his baby" nonsense?

All I see Sami saying when she finds out is "I knew you loved me and couldn't have sex with another woman and secretly pined for me the whole time. I know you didn't have sex with Carrie but you didn't have sex with Nicole either?? Come on take me now!" lol.
Exactly, I don't get how it would make her mad (certainly not breaking up) with Rafe, especially now that the baby in question is dead anyway. Maybe if it was alive and Rafe still continued to lie and truly acted as the baby's father. Maybe spending time with Nicole and the child and taking care of them, etc, then I could see more of a conflict. I just don't see where the drama of it is. And especially now that Sami is back to hating EJ (I think) like you said, she may even try to help keep the baby from EJ. Barring some huge catastrophe, SAFE seem pretty safe to me.
Edited by Ejole Lifer, Oct 5 2012, 11:00 AM.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

lumifan4life

LuvingLumi
Oct 5 2012, 10:59 AM
lumifan4life
LuvingLumi
Lanemack

lol....yeah, they might be playing up the lie more and more but in the end IMHO it won't amount to anything more than a 3 day breakup with some crying on Sami's part and some "I'm really, really sorry" on Rafe's part.....

Sami has officially become the new Lucas....a liar that doesn't want anyone lying to her.....lol.....Sami should just shut the hell up and just accept Rafe's apology, she has no room to talk....he apparently forgave her for fucking Ej.....nothing else can seem any worse than that.
But I'm not even understanding what the big lie is. That Rafe didn't sleep with Nicole and can't be the father because of that simple fact? I expect Sami to boink Rafe right then and there if that's the big lie cause she's going to love that Rafe stayed celibate instead of jumping Nicole's bones soon after their breakup like she and everyone else thought he did. I mean I seriously do not see her being mad at him about this at all. And not sure if this happened yet but didn't Sami offer to help keep the baby a secret from EJ? So that itself means she's got to suspect that EJ might be the father afterall or else why the need for everyone to join in the "Let's keep EJ from his baby" nonsense?

All I see Sami saying when she finds out is "I knew you loved me and couldn't have sex with another woman and secretly pined for me the whole time. I know you didn't have sex with Carrie but you didn't have sex with Nicole either?? Come on take me now!" lol.
I think the only way to explain this is that Tomlin needed a plot point outside of Ej's blackmail to break Safe up down the line and give them a little angst. The fact that she says to him that from this point forward it's all honesty between them is going to play into this. If she continues to be honest and he still holds onto the fact that he isn't Nicole's baby daddy then Sami will be pissed because he choose to continue to help Nicole over trusting her with the truth....but even then I see it as just a little angst and not some big drawn out breakup.
And that's exactly it, it won't be a big drawn out break up or anything major. Tomlin will only give Safe fans just enough angst that he thinks they can handle but clearly nothing real like other couples and fanbases get all the time, lol. I'm sure he is squarely intent on protecting his golden couple from anything that would permanently break them up. Just not gonna happen under his watch.

lumifan4life

Ejole Lifer
Oct 5 2012, 10:59 AM
lumifan4life
LuvingLumi
Lanemack

Exactly, I don't get how it would make her mad (certainly not breaking up) with Rafe, especially now that the baby in question is dead anyway. Maybe if it was alive and Rafe still continued to lie and truly acted as the baby's father. Maybe spending time with Nicole and the child and taking care of them, etc, then I could see more of a conflict. I just don't see where the drama of it is. And especially now that Sami is back to hating EJ (I think) like you said, she may even try to help keep the baby from EJ. Barring some huge catastrophe, SAFE seem pretty safe to me.
I know if anything this will be absolutely nothing and Sami will be angry at him for all of 2 seconds and I'm sure they will be back to planning their wedding by the end of the episode, lol.

tomsawyer
Member Avatar

lumifan4life

The reason I think it will be at least somewhat of big deal is because they're building it up to be. All the classic soap clues are there... Sami extolling Rafe's virtues to EJ because he doesn't lie to her, EJ warning her that Rafe is lying to her, Sami giving the "we must be honest" speech on today's show, Rafe not coming clean immediately, etc., etc. GT could've made the paternity lie no big deal, but he seems to be building it up to be something more than just a little disagreement.

Courtneya6688
Member Avatar

But once the baby is dead why will it matter if sami knows the truth. Even if they never told any one else sami being in the dark would just be stupid

px780
Member Avatar
Streetcorner Philosopher

I have to admit, it would be something spectacularly brilliant if Sami dumped Rafe because he lied and actually didn't have sex with Nicole. That would be hilarious, because her preference would have been...for him to have had sex with Nicole. Love it.

deletemyaccountplease

that is so fucking stupid

all of days revolves around SAFE ANGST

Dreamer
Gone, But Not Forgotten!

Rafe's lie would be worse than her deadbaby sex with EJ--- That's just how Sami's mind works.

Deverauxfan
Member Avatar

^Don't forget about Dannifer angst. :puke:

deletemyaccountplease

i cant get over how stupid these writers are..its like they take exactly what i think would be absolutely moronic and then put it on the show

lumifan4life

tomsawyer
Oct 5 2012, 11:49 AM
lumifan4life

The reason I think it will be at least somewhat of big deal is because they're building it up to be. All the classic soap clues are there... Sami extolling Rafe's virtues to EJ because he doesn't lie to her, EJ warning her that Rafe is lying to her, Sami giving the "we must be honest" speech on today's show, Rafe not coming clean immediately, etc., etc. GT could've made the paternity lie no big deal, but he seems to be building it up to be something more than just a little disagreement.
I just have a hard time believing that Sami would be so angry that Rafe is lying to her about something that didn't happen. I mean I would think she would be happy that Rafe didn't sleep with Nicole. And if they are going to make this more about Rafe protecting Nicole even when he didn't sleep with her, that would imply that they are trying to make Sami jealous over Rafe possibly having feelings for Nicole but I can't see them doing that because I don't see Racole even being a possibility or on Tomlin's radar. So in the end this will all be one big misunderstanding anyway. Sure this might temporarily work in EJ's favor because Sami will go crying to him when she finds out Rafe lied and he'll once again try to manipulate the situation to his advantage but Rafe will still look like the noble hero who was only trying to protect a pregnant woman and Sami will understand.

I still have to laugh because the one person who never lied to Sami or manipulated her in any way during their brief reunion was Lucas. But Tomlin can't have the other father of Sami's babies involved in this for fear that we might get too used to seeing him onscreen, lol. EJ vs. Rafe part 2897398 it is.
Edited by lumifan4life, Oct 5 2012, 12:26 PM.

six
Member Avatar

I'm sure Sami will end up being okay with what happened, but I don't think that response is in character. For one thing, everything is always all about her, and she's given Rafe every opportunity to come clean and he won't which points to major trust issues.

nolagirl
Member Avatar

pennieloafer
Oct 5 2012, 12:23 PM
i cant get over how stupid these writers are..its like they take exactly what i think would be absolutely moronic and then put it on the show
Which goes to show the intelligence level of the writers, MORONS.

Ironically Sami got more Mileage of story off a child that DID NOT DIE, by hving sex with EJ and breaking up her marriage and EJOLE marriage, than Ejole are getting off their child actually dying. Tomlin is a real piece of shit for not even giving them some scene where they can grieve, shit SAFE got to throw Grace in EJ's face in a funeral home. It's sick that both Nicole's babies death she's beared the trauma alone, and both have been more about Sami and now Jennifer than herself. :flipoff:
Edited by nolagirl, Oct 5 2012, 12:39 PM.

nolagirl
Member Avatar

lumifan4life
Oct 5 2012, 12:24 PM
tomsawyer
Oct 5 2012, 11:49 AM
lumifan4life

I just have a hard time believing that Sami would be so angry that Rafe is lying to her about something that didn't happen. I mean I would think she would be happy that Rafe didn't sleep with Nicole. And if they are going to make this more about Rafe protecting Nicole even when he didn't sleep with her, that would imply that they are trying to make Sami jealous over Rafe possibly having feelings for Nicole but I can't see them doing that because I don't see Racole even being a possibility or on Tomlin's radar. So in the end this will all be one big misunderstanding anyway. Sure this might temporarily work in EJ's favor because Sami will go crying to him when she finds out Rafe lied and he'll once again try to manipulate the situation to his advantage but Rafe will still look like the noble hero who was only trying to protect a pregnant woman and Sami will understand.

I still have to laugh because the one person who never lied to Sami or manipulated her in any way during their brief reunion was Lucas. But Tomlin can't have the other father of Sami's babies involved in this for fear that we might get too used to seeing him onscreen, lol. EJ vs. Rafe part 2897398 it is.
Tomlin deosn't like Rafe, Sami and Lucas on screen together because it shows where the chemistry truly lies. Rafe is no competition to Lucas, Lucas knows Sami better than RAfe ever will. But Tomlin won't let that happen where SAFE has a true threat.
Edited by nolagirl, Oct 5 2012, 12:40 PM.

gailwinters
Member Avatar

six
Oct 5 2012, 12:30 PM
I'm sure Sami will end up being okay with what happened, but I don't think that response is in character. For one thing, everything is always all about her, and she's given Rafe every opportunity to come clean and he won't which points to major trust issues.
Exactly!

For Sami, the lie is no longer about whether Rafe or EJ is the baby daddy, it's that Rafe is lying to HER. Sami is the most self centered person on the planet (okay, she might be tied with EJ) and this will now be all about her issues with Rafe, not the baby.

camera shy

Well we know Safe are still going to be together months from now because Galen tweeted about hoping to remember his lines on AS's birthday. Safe is going to be just fine.

tomsawyer
Member Avatar

lumifan4life

If Sami's mad, it's because Rafe didn't come clean after she made her big honesty speech. In the day ahead, she's offering to do anything to help him if he will just tell her the truth and Rafe still doesn't come clean. The fact that her "white knight" Rafe lies to her to protect Nicole of all people is what will piss Sami off. Like Six said, for Sami it's all about how it affects her. Maybe her anger won't last for long, but I assume she will have some. Otherwise, why the build up?

LuvingLumi
Member Avatar
♥ Thanks to Reese for the Avi♥

gailwinters
Oct 5 2012, 12:42 PM
six
Oct 5 2012, 12:30 PM
Exactly!

For Sami, the lie is no longer about whether Rafe or EJ is the baby daddy, it's that Rafe is lying to HER. Sami is the most self centered person on the planet (okay, she might be tied with EJ) and this will now be all about her issues with Rafe, not the baby.

She DOES has issues with Rafe though (well Rafe does with her...trust issues) which they haven't dealt with AT ALL. Saying 'we'll not lie to one another' is not dealing with the underlying issue that maybe he just can't trust her yet to tell her because of fear of what Ej can do to Nicole (or the baby or what not)...until he finds out the kid is dead, he's working on what Nicole, Dan and he agreed upon "to protect the baby from EJ"....I have a feeling that once he finds out the baby is dead then he will tell her.....she'll be pissed for all of a week they will get together and boink the night away....that is why we aren't getting them humping yet...but by end of October we will.....one way or another Rafe will find out the child is dead next week.

LuvingLumi
Member Avatar
♥ Thanks to Reese for the Avi♥

tomsawyer
Oct 5 2012, 01:03 PM
lumifan4life

If Sami's mad, it's because Rafe didn't come clean after she made her big honesty speech. In the day ahead, she's offering to do anything to help him if he will just tell her the truth and Rafe still doesn't come clean. The fact that her "white knight" Rafe lies to her to protect Nicole of all people is what will piss Sami off. Like Six said, for Sami it's all about how it affects her. Maybe her anger won't last for long, but I assume she will have some. Otherwise, why the build up?
I'm not sure he's protecting Nicole as much as keeping the promise he made to Nicole to protect the baby....he thinks the baby is still alive.....as long as that is still the case in his eyes, he's not going to say squat....it'll change I think once the kid is dead.

nolagirl
Member Avatar

tomsawyer
Oct 5 2012, 01:03 PM
lumifan4life

Could be just me but the build up is because SAFE are so boring they must have something for them to make up about and be able to have SAFE sex over. I sure once the truth comes out and they boink over this, maybe Rafe will forget to do the dishes causing Sami a melt down that only SAFE sex will bring her out of. And then the following week maybe Sami gets mad at Rafe because he was late picking up the children and bringing them over to Caroline so they can have a romantic evening with lots of SAFE sex. I'm sure SAFE will get their weekly angst of barf worthy moments and then they can "cough" heat up with SAFE sex.

Is it me or does the term SAFE sex sound a bit like an oxymoron :shrug:

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply