Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Monday October 8th Daily Discussion
Topic Started: Oct 5 2012, 01:44 PM (7,548 Views)
jb1183

I hate Jennifer so much, and way back in the day, I used to love her. What a stupid, whiny, self absorbed bitch. Her all consuming obsession with Daniel so soon after Jack's death is just disgusting and unseemly and an insult to fans of the character of Jack and their relationship. A new viewer tuning in would never guess that Jack was supposed to be the love of her life, from the way she's behaving with Daniel right now. Just gross.

Lucas/Bryan Dattilo was terrific today. His talk with the boys was very honest and touching. Glad they resolved that conflict quickly and didn't throw Lucas under the bus anymore. I only wish Adrienne had been around to witness it. It would be nice if she or another character would acknowledge that she handled the conversation with Lucas very poorly, but I know they won't.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

lumifan4life

jb1183
Oct 8 2012, 02:01 PM
I hate Jennifer so much, and way back in the day, I used to love her. What a stupid, whiny, self absorbed bitch. Her all consuming obsession with Daniel so soon after Jack's death is just disgusting and unseemly and an insult to fans of the character of Jack and their relationship. A new viewer tuning in would never guess that Jack was supposed to be the love of her life, from the way she's behaving with Daniel right now. Just gross.

Lucas/Bryan Dattilo was terrific today. His talk with the boys was very honest and touching. Glad they resolved that conflict quickly and didn't throw Lucas under the bus anymore. I only wish Adrienne had been around to witness it. It would be nice if she or another character would acknowledge that she handled the conversation with Lucas very poorly, but I know they won't.
I have no idea why Adrienne was even brought into this since she was absolutely useless and unhelpful. The only purpose she served was to come across like a judgmental hypocrite. Silly me thought Justin and Adrienne would serve as the wise, experienced mentors to Lucas being parents of a gay son themselves. Instead Adrienne was a total bitch to Lucas and Justin had no role in this whatsoever. Glad Lucas came around after a talk with his mother and zero credit should be given to Adrienne. In fact, I find her to be the last person on earth a parent of a gay child should ever turn to for advice. Unless they want to be ridiculed and called names behind their backs, Adrienne's so called "advice" is worth crap.

Ireland98

lumifan4life
Oct 8 2012, 03:11 PM
jb1183

I have no idea why Adrienne was even brought into this since she was absolutely useless and unhelpful. The only purpose she served was to come across like a judgmental hypocrite. Silly me thought Justin and Adrienne would serve as the wise, experienced mentors to Lucas being parents of a gay son themselves. Instead Adrienne was a total bitch to Lucas and Justin had no role in this whatsoever. Glad Lucas came around after a talk with his mother and zero credit should be given to Adrienne. In fact, I find her to be the last person on earth a parent of a gay child should ever turn to for advice. Unless they want to be ridiculed and called names behind their backs, Adrienne's so called "advice" is worth crap.
I think the disapproving parents stuff is to not only serve as a type of angst for WilSon, but also plot points for the upcoming WABI baby story. If everyone in Sonny & Will's families were nonchalant about a WilSon romance or showed an "I love you, no matter what" attitude, then Will would be more inclined to be honest about being Gabi's baby daddy. But now when Will finds out about Gabi being pregnant, he's not going to want to hurt Sonny, let Adrienne think she was right that Will will hurt Sonny, and Will's not going to want to further confuse or disappoint Lucas about his sexuality. So I think the Lucas and Adrienne stuff will serve as factors in Will deciding to keep the WABI baby paternity a secret. Though I think hurting/losing Sonny will be the biggest motivation to keep it secret.

lumifan4life

Ireland98
Oct 8 2012, 03:45 PM
lumifan4life
Oct 8 2012, 03:11 PM
jb1183

I think the disapproving parents stuff is to not only serve as a type of angst for WilSon, but also plot points for the upcoming WABI baby story. If everyone in Sonny & Will's families were nonchalant about a WilSon romance or showed an "I love you, no matter what" attitude, then Will would be more inclined to be honest about being Gabi's baby daddy. But now when Will finds out about Gabi being pregnant, he's not going to want to hurt Sonny, let Adrienne think she was right that Will will hurt Sonny, and Will's not going to want to further confuse or disappoint Lucas about his sexuality. So I think the Lucas and Adrienne stuff will serve as factors in Will deciding to keep the WABI baby paternity a secret. Though I think hurting/losing Sonny will be the biggest motivation to keep it secret.
That would have made sense if Adrienne continued to disapprove of WilSon because she doesn't approve of Will. But notice they had her change her tune overnight and support WilSon simply so she could seem like the self righteous parent during her conversation with Lucas. Suddenly they had her spew crap like one day Lumi and J&A will be in laws so Lucas better get over his feelings, suck it up and move on. What the hell was that about if she was supposed to be one of the disapproving parents to begin with? Basically my point was Adrienne's involvement in this storyline has been pointless and she has come across not as a disapproving parent to WilSon's romance for whatever reasons, but rather as a judgmental, hypocritcal bitch for labelling Lucas as a bigot when in fact we see from today's scenes that Lucas is anything but. Adrienne looks awful while Lucas comes across looking just fine. The only message I got here is if you happen to be a parent of a gay child, don't go to Adrienne Kiriakis for advice cause all she'll do is ridicule and judge you without offering any helpful suggestions.
Edited by lumifan4life, Oct 8 2012, 04:10 PM.

camera shy

Is it really necessary to have two men chasing after one woman and two women chasing after one man? Whatever happened to couples in love and happy for a little while? Greg Meng said when they fired MarDar that the show had made the mistake of breaking up all the couples at the same time and it sounded like they were going to do something about all the misery on the show. But what do they do? They add to the misery with Nicole losing her baby, Kate and Stefano still not together, Safe not truly reunited yet and I'm sure Hope will soon be sad too. This show better show nothing but happiness for Nov sweeps because they owe the audience a lot more than just misery.

Miss Rhi
Member Avatar
"If Sami can't find happiness with a Martian, then she can't find happiness with anyone."

Preview for tomorrow...

deletemyaccountplease

AZ is killing me

LonePirate
Member Avatar

lumifan4life
Oct 8 2012, 04:07 PM
That would have made sense if Adrienne continued to disapprove of WilSon because she doesn't approve of Will. But notice they had her change her tune overnight and support WilSon simply so she could seem like the self righteous parent during her conversation with Lucas. Suddenly they had her spew crap like one day Lumi and J&A will be in laws so Lucas better get over his feelings, suck it up and move on. What the hell was that about if she was supposed to be one of the disapproving parents to begin with? Basically my point was Adrienne's involvement in this storyline has been pointless and she has come across not as a disapproving parent to WilSon's romance for whatever reasons, but rather as a judgmental, hypocritcal bitch for labelling Lucas as a bigot when in fact we see from today's scenes that Lucas is anything but. Adrienne looks awful while Lucas comes across looking just fine. The only message I got here is if you happen to be a parent of a gay child, don't go to Adrienne Kiriakis for advice cause all she'll do is ridicule and judge you without offering any helpful suggestions.
I could buy what you are saying about Lucas except for the fact that Lucas was a bigoted ass to Will the last time they shared scenes together. Adrienne is not some puppetmaster controlling what Lucas said to her or to Will. She didn't put any words into Lucas' mouth. He uttered them all on his own. Yes, he may have come clean today for his past misdeeds; but that doesn't change the fact that someone watching only those previous scenes from that day between Lucas/Adrienne and Lucas/Will could easily perceive Lucas to be homophobic. Not only that, Will called Lucas on his bigotry, it wasn't just Adrienne. If you want to rail on Adrienne for being hypocrite, go right ahead. However, you can't say Lucas was not a homophobe that particular day when his own son - and the recipient or victim - judged Lucas for his homophobia. I'm on Will's side for that day, not Lucas's or Adrienne's. Ultimately it doesn't matter since Lucas seemed to perform a 180 with his views and attitude today. Is it going to happen again, though?

lumifan4life

LonePirate
Oct 8 2012, 08:27 PM
lumifan4life
I could buy what you are saying about Lucas except for the fact that Lucas was a bigoted ass to Will the last time they shared scenes together. Adrienne is not some puppetmaster controlling what Lucas said to her or to Will. She didn't put any words into Lucas' mouth. He uttered them all on his own. Yes, he may have come clean today for his past misdeeds; but that doesn't change the fact that someone watching only those previous scenes from that day between Lucas/Adrienne and Lucas/Will could easily perceive Lucas to be homophobic. Not only that, Will called Lucas on his bigotry, it wasn't just Adrienne. If you want to rail on Adrienne for being hypocrite, go right ahead. However, you can't say Lucas was not a homophobe that particular day when his own son - and the recipient or victim - judged Lucas for his homophobia. I'm on Will's side for that day, not Lucas's or Adrienne's. Ultimately it doesn't matter since Lucas seemed to perform a 180 with his views and attitude today. Is it going to happen again, though?
lol love the "you can't say" in your post. Really? I can't? I think not cause I CAN say that Adrienne was a smug, hypocritical, self righteous bitch who hurled insults behind Lucas's back and was quick to judge him instead of being helpful. She was absolutely useless and one of the worst people Lucas or anyone could have turned to for advice. Good for Lucas for having that talk with his mom and kudos to him for coming around without the need of a support group like the smug bitch Adrienne apparently needed per her own son's words. Will is very lucky to have Lucas as his dad and Sonny sees it too.
Edited by lumifan4life, Oct 8 2012, 08:40 PM.

LonePirate
Member Avatar

lumifan4life
Oct 8 2012, 08:38 PM
LonePirate
lumifan4life
lol love the "you can't say" in your post. Really? I can't? I think not cause I CAN say that Adrienne was a smug, hypocritical, self righteous bitch who hurled insults behind Lucas's back and was quick to judge him instead of being helpful. She was absolutely useless and one of the worst people Lucas or anyone could have turned to for advice. Good for Lucas for having that talk with his mom and kudos to him for coming around without the need of a support group like the smug bitch Adrienne apparently needed per her own son's words. Will is very lucky to have Lucas as his dad and Sonny sees it too.
I take no issue with what you want to say or think about Adrienne that day. Just remember she wasn't the only one who thought Lucas was a homophobe. Will felt the same way and I am taking his side, not Lucas' or Adrienne's. Will's opinion is the only one that matters that day and he thought his father was a homophobe. Maybe you think Adrienne was out of line. That's fine. However, Will certainly wasn't and he pretty much shared the same opinion as Adrienne, even if he didn't say it as explicitly as she did. If you want to support Lucas until the end of time, go right ahead. That still doesn't change the fact that his son thought he was a bigoted jerk that day. I don't think that's in any dispute here.

lumifan4life

LonePirate
Oct 8 2012, 09:06 PM
lumifan4life
LonePirate
lumifan4life
I take no issue with what you want to say or think about Adrienne that day. Just remember she wasn't the only one who thought Lucas was a homophobe. Will felt the same way and I am taking his side, not Lucas' or Adrienne's. Will's opinion is the only one that matters that day and he thought his father was a homophobe. Maybe you think Adrienne was out of line. That's fine. However, Will certainly wasn't and he pretty much shared the same opinion as Adrienne, even if he didn't say it as explicitly as she did. If you want to support Lucas until the end of time, go right ahead. That still doesn't change the fact that his son thought he was a bigoted jerk that day. I don't think that's in any dispute here.
Where did I mention anything about Will's feelings that day? Was I talking about Will? No I was talking about Adrienne. Will can think or feel whatever he wants. His own treatment of Lucas is a completely different issue. If you are responding to what I said about Adrienne, then fine but I did not even mention Will's feelings or what he thought. I did say that Will is a lucky kid because he is to have Lucas as his father.

LonePirate
Member Avatar

lumifan4life
Oct 8 2012, 09:19 PM
LonePirate
lumifan4life
LonePirate

Quoting limited to 4 levels deep
Where did I mention anything about Will's feelings that day? Was I talking about Will? No I was talking about Adrienne. Will can think or feel whatever he wants. His own treatment of Lucas is a completely different issue. If you are responding to what I said about Adrienne, then fine but I did not even mention Will's feelings or what he thought. I did say that Will is a lucky kid because he is to have Lucas as his father.
Will felt the same way that Adrienne did. So if they both think Lucas was a bigot that day and Will was right to think Lucas was a bigot, then Adrienne was also right to think that. It doesn't matter if Adrienne was a hypocrite that day because she was right with her description of Lucas. You make not like the route she took to reach her opinion; but that doesn't mean she was wrong.

lumifan4life

LonePirate
Oct 8 2012, 09:36 PM
lumifan4life
LonePirate
lumifan4life

Will felt the same way that Adrienne did. So if they both think Lucas was a bigot that day and Will was right to think Lucas was a bigot, then Adrienne was also right to think that. It doesn't matter if Adrienne was a hypocrite that day because she was right with her description of Lucas. You make not like the route she took to reach her opinion; but that doesn't mean she was wrong.
lol I happen to think Adrienne was 100% wrong.

LuvingLumi
Member Avatar
♥ LUMI ♥

LonePirate
lumifan4life
You see and this is where perception of the scenes comes in...while you thought he was being a bigoted ass I thought he was just displayed a level of discomfort over seeing his son and another man kissing for the first time. I thought he immediately told Will that he wasn't proud of his behavior but he couldn't hide it so he was glad that it was out. I think the part that was odd was Lucas seeking out Adrienne, but bigot? I don't think I saw any of that on the show from Lucas...T yeah...Lucas, no. The show could have played him going to Adrienne in another way that would make sense....maybe have him start the conversation with Adrienne by saying how he felt at seeing Will and Sonny kissing, in other words seeing his son being openly affectionate with another man in public. THEN have Adrienne talk about the counseling her and Justin attended, have her even suggest he should seek out Justin and talk about how it was like for another father to finally come to accept his son was gay. But to call Lucas a bigot for something that apparently she herself had to go through (Heck SHE and Justin went to a support group, right?) then that was just too odd for me.....it's like these writers can't even create realistic angst and the show is so badly paced that a week went by before we even got another scene depicting this so called WilSon 'drama'/'angst' or whatever you want to call it.....I would have loved for Lucas to struggle with it more and maybe he still will and he'll seek out a counseling group....but this show is so bad at telling ANY story that I just can't take anything these characters say seriously anymore.....How can Lucas be a bigot when he's not the only one that has had issues coming to accept his son being gay...heck Will struggled coming out of the closet for how long and even after that he STILL had problems coming to grips with who he is....is that LUcas' fault? NO>...so why couldn't he afford Lucas at least the same benefit he afforded himself....if ANYONE should know how Lucas feels it's Will...

LuvingLumi
Member Avatar
♥ LUMI ♥

LonePirate
Oct 8 2012, 09:36 PM
lumifan4life
LonePirate
lumifan4life

but Will also felt the same way Lucas did? Wasn't he sort of disgusted with himself and fighting the closet..Sonny's words not mine.....he rejected SOnny's advances and this was well after he came out of hte closet....so what is it? It didn't take Will overnight to accept himself, why can't it take Lucas an equal amount of time to see it that way too? As Kate said today....

lumifan4life

LuvingLumi
Oct 8 2012, 09:38 PM
LonePirate
lumifan4life
You see and this is where perception of the scenes comes in...while you thought he was being a bigoted ass I thought he was just displayed a level of discomfort over seeing his son and another man kissing for the first time. I thought he immediately told Will that he wasn't proud of his behavior but he couldn't hide it so he was glad that it was out. I think the part that was odd was Lucas seeking out Adrienne, but bigot? I don't think I saw any of that on the show from Lucas...T yeah...Lucas, no. The show could have played him going to Adrienne in another way that would make sense....maybe have him start the conversation with Adrienne by saying how he felt at seeing Will and Sonny kissing, in other words seeing his son being openly affectionate with another man in public. THEN have Adrienne talk about the counseling her and Justin attended, have her even suggest he should seek out Justin and talk about how it was like for another father to finally come to accept his son was gay. But to call Lucas a bigot for something that apparently she herself had to go through (Heck SHE and Justin went to a support group, right?) then that was just too odd for me.....it's like these writers can't even create realistic angst and the show is so badly paced that a week went by before we even got another scene depicting this so called WilSon 'drama'/'angst' or whatever you want to call it.....I would have loved for Lucas to struggle with it more and maybe he still will and he'll seek out a counseling group....but this show is so bad at telling ANY story that I just can't take anything these characters say seriously anymore.....How can Lucas be a bigot when he's not the only one that has had issues coming to accept his son being gay...heck Will struggled coming out of the closet for how long and even after that he STILL had problems coming to grips with who he is....is that LUcas' fault? NO>...so why couldn't he afford Lucas at least the same benefit he afforded himself....if ANYONE should know how Lucas feels it's Will...
lol and it's hilarious how Adrienne's overnight acceptance of WilSon being together is apparently not an issue (even though it was clearly plot point to try to make Lucas look bad) yet Lucas's overnight acceptance of WilSon still is even though he had a talk with Kate which we saw and it's not hard to believe that his mom helped him see the light. Kate like Sami did not judge Lucas when he went to both of them with his dilemma. They were actually helpful even though neither have the years of experience being the parent of a gay child that Adrienne has. Mrs. "I had to attend a support group to get over my issues but I'll be a judgmental hypocrite to you anyway" Kiriakis was about as helpful as shit. Oh the irony right? And I love the words homophobe and bigot being used to describe a loving father who needed a bit of time and support. Apparently one week was all he needed Salem time and everything is just peachy, lol. The writing most definitely sucks but if we're supposed to take everything else at face value, then I will happily take Lucas coming around in record time at face value as well. No reason for him to be singled out as the big bad bigot of Salem when he in fact has proven that he trumps even Saint Adrienne when it comes to being the parent of a gay child. I say Lucas, Kate, and even Sami should conduct support groups for future parents of gay children who might need help. And I would advise them not to include Adrienne, lol....well unless one wants to be ridiculed and branded at the first meeting. ;)
Edited by lumifan4life, Oct 8 2012, 10:00 PM.

jb1183

You know that you're out of line when SAMI and KATE, of all people, are more sympathetic, compassionate and helpful than you are. The fact that Kate said all of the things Adrienne SHOULD have said to Lucas leads me to believe that, at least unconsciously, the writers know that Adrienne's approach was extremely misguided. It would be nice to see this acknowledged onscreen, though, in some kind of follow up conversation between her and Lucas. I would much rather watch that than yet another scene of Dannifer or Safe.

mer4santo
Member Avatar

Ari proves her greatness as an actor most specifically when she doesn't start laughing when Nicole has to say Daniel Rafael. Seriously, what a fucking ridiculous name!

samixxx
Member Avatar

Ari for the win, although this story sucks! Nice to see Lucas growth. Sami-shoot me now, if she is scheming she sucks at it, painful.

Courtneya6688
Member Avatar

I just hope and pray that poor kid gets a name change when ej finds out its his baby

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply