Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Locked Topic
Interesting/Spoilerish Tweets, Week of 10/8; Twitter/FB list in first post
Topic Started: Oct 8 2012, 12:59 PM (24,267 Views)
DayDreamer
Member Avatar
Fan of EJ+ABBY!

rpmaluki
Oct 10 2012, 11:40 PM
The need to bring back Mike Horton in place of Dan, Wayne, the real Roman, send Jen to a mental institute, stop focusing on Sami, EJ, Rafe and of course have more woman in the 30s group than just Nicole and Sami.
I agree that they need to add more woman in 30ies.. Sami and Nicole is not enough.. the boys have to have more choices.. LOL
Offline Profile Goto Top

DayDreamer
Member Avatar
Fan of EJ+ABBY!

lysie
Oct 11 2012, 09:20 AM
I'd be pleased as punch with Kristen as the only DiMera. But I think it's stupid that Stefano is using her to reunite with the man who can't tell her apart from his mother and the kid who's never heard from her. Makes no sense. Whatever gets her back in Sale I guess.
good point,...

i love kristen,.. I hope her coming back won't be an epic failure like with Jack.

.. why did they have to remove this wonderful character. They should have just let Jack move on from Jennifer... and done some more interesting stuff instead.

His story with fighting about Jennifer over Daniel totally failed. It was boring and annoying. Its was like they said, ok.. lets make a EJ/SAMI/NICOLE/RAFE/LUCAS/... triangle alike story with Jennifer/Daniel/Jake and people must love it right. NOT!

.. it just makes me so sad.. :'(

I hope they are not pulling the same thing on Marlena and John with Kristen.

I mean .. don't they have other stories they can explore other than love triangles?
Offline Profile Goto Top

LonePirate
Member Avatar

Kenny
Oct 13 2012, 01:21 AM
DiMeraFan67
Oct 13 2012, 12:46 AM
I don't like the idea of Nick being a homophobe or anti-homosexual in any way.
I don't either, but I think they'll try it with him because they're too afraid to try it with a mainstay character. It's the least risky route to go while still having a character like that on the canvas, even though it's really out of character for Nick.
People have been clamoring for someone connected to Will to have a negative or disapproving reaction to his homosexuality. Now we have one so those people should be happy, even if it is not the character they wanted. Fans seem to forget that actors in ongoing roles do not want their characters to be racists and nowadays they do not want them to be homophobes, either. It is the reality of the industry. It's no wonder Berris stepped forward to wash his hands from what the show/writers are having Nick say and do. I say good for Berris for getting ahead of things to lessen any potential backlash, even if it is just shame on his part directed to his character. Berris might be one of the very few people on this show who can be given a repulsive character to portray and still make that character tolerable.
Offline Profile Goto Top

lumifan4life

rpmaluki
Oct 13 2012, 04:57 AM
I do hate Will for his personality.
Me too.
Offline Profile Goto Top

lumifan4life

If BB's Nick is written as homophobic and if he is not shown to have any legitimate motivations or reasons behind his feelings (like being raped in prison for instance), and if they are simply turning him into another Tad and not just a close family member who needs time to come to acceptance, then I don't think even BB could save the character. The only reason I think this will turn out worse than Lucas's situation is because of BB's tweet. He actually had to warn his fans and viewers that his character's thoughts do not reflect his own. That itself is a red flag. This seems to not just be like Lucas's situation where the dad saw his son kissing a man and was taken aback because of that but soon realized that losing his son for good would be worse than anything so Lucas like I expected, chose Will over his own issues. That was totally in character because Lucas historically would do anything for his son and loves him more than his life.

As for Nick, I'm going to give him the benefit of the doubt till I actually know what the deal is. This could very well be a male rape storyline because I wouldn't put it past Days to attempt to tell social issue stories that they should not be telling because they are not responsible enough to tell them properly.
Edited by lumifan4life, Oct 13 2012, 09:33 AM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

lysie
Member Avatar

JamesScott_19
Oct 12 2012, 11:08 AM
Matt
Oct 11 2012, 10:29 AM
I wouldn't mind seeing Tony & Anna come back just to see how Kristen would stack up against Anna. :)
I would rather Tony come back only.
Ha! I'd rather have Anna only.
Online Profile Goto Top

LonePirate
Member Avatar

lumifan4life
Oct 13 2012, 09:30 AM
If BB's Nick is written as homophobic and if he is not shown to have any legitimate motivations or reasons behind his feelings (like being raped in prison for instance), and if they are simply turning him into another Tad and not just a close family member who needs time to come to acceptance, then I don't think even BB could save the character.
Are you suggesting that it is legitimate for a woman to hate all (straight) men if she is raped? That seems to be what you are implying by saying it is legitimate for Nick to be homophobic if he was raped in prison. I don't see any distinction given what you said. Maybe that's not what you meant to convey.

If Nick was raped in prison, it would be interesting if learning of Will's sexuality brings back repressed memories of the horrors he experienced in prison and it affects him greatly. That still wouldn't make it right for Nick to lash out or hate Will even if it generates more drama.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Casey
Member Avatar
#BringBackMartha

lysie
Oct 13 2012, 09:31 AM
JamesScott_19
Matt
I wouldn't mind seeing Tony & Anna come back just to see how Kristen would stack up against Anna. :)
Same. In my opinion, Anna has far more potential that could be used right now. It's just too bad they didn't jump on getting her back while Christie Clark was still filming.
Offline Profile Goto Top

supercool74
Member Avatar

LonePirate
Oct 13 2012, 10:05 AM
lumifan4life
If BB's Nick is written as homophobic and if he is not shown to have any legitimate motivations or reasons behind his feelings (like being raped in prison for instance), and if they are simply turning him into another Tad and not just a close family member who needs time to come to acceptance, then I don't think even BB could save the character.
Are you suggesting that it is legitimate for a woman to hate all (straight) men if she is raped? That seems to be what you are implying by saying it is legitimate for Nick to be homophobic if he was raped in prison. I don't see any distinction given what you said. Maybe that's not what you meant to convey.

If Nick was raped in prison, it would be interesting if learning of Will's sexuality brings back repressed memories of the horrors he experienced in prison and it affects him greatly. That still wouldn't make it right for Nick to lash out or hate Will even if it generates more drama.
I don't think that is what was implied. I think what lumifan4life meant was that it would make more sense for there to be an actual reason behind any feelings Nick has against Will. Sorry, if that is not the case...I don't want to put words in anyone's mouth. But Nick was never the type of character that seemed to be homophobic...it just doesn't seem in character. He was always easy-going and I just can't see him being homophobic. I just can't. I think that is why the rape storyline would kind of make sense. At least there would be a reason or motivation. And we don't know that Nick is going to "hate" Will or anyone else. Maybe he is just very uncomfortable or maybe there is some fear or trepidation there. I don't know that women that are raped hate all men...but I think they usually go through a period of fear towards them, they feel uncomfortable. I don't know...I've never been in that situation. We still don't know how Nick is going to react for sure. I'm kind of intrigued. I just hope that there IS a reason because to just have Nick be homophobic for no other reason than being a jerk...I will hate that. I was expecting negativity from Roman or Caroline...I would not expect it from Nick.
Offline Profile Goto Top

lysie
Member Avatar

Casey
Oct 13 2012, 10:28 AM
lysie
JamesScott_19
Matt
Same. In my opinion, Anna has far more potential that could be used right now. It's just too bad they didn't jump on getting her back while Christie Clark was still filming.
Considering her casting history, I'm surprised Leann Hunley wasn't rehired the day after CC was fired.
Online Profile Goto Top

lumifan4life

LonePirate
lumifan4life

No, the analogy you bring up did not enter my mind at all. If Nick was raped in prison, I will find the reasoning for his possible extreme negative reaction (which people will most likely see as homophobic) to be more understandable than if he wasn't raped. Either that or he just has issues similar to what Lucas had but since he's just a cousin and not a parent, I can't imagine why he would care that much. Anyway, we don't know if he was raped yet but that would be a good way to make Nick seem sympathetic. He would obviously need extensive therapy and support from his family to heal and come to terms with the fact that what happened to him has nothing to do with homosexuality in general. Rape is rape no matter what.

However I'm fairly confident Days won't write this believably or responsibly based on previous social issues that they have handled horribly in the past.
Edited by lumifan4life, Oct 13 2012, 12:06 PM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

camera shy

If Nick was made to be against gays, wouldn't Gabi have a big problem with it like she did Tee? And isn't it mostly the straight men who are doing the raping in prison? And I don't think this show should ever do another rape storyline considering they don't treat rape like the horrendous crime it is. They treat it like it's something you just laugh and shake hands about and your rapist promises you that it'll never happen again. And of course a girl has to consider dating him and having a romance with him because who knows, this rapist could be the man of your dreams and who gets you like no one else.
Offline Profile Goto Top

The Room Stops
Member Avatar

nickyj12345
Oct 12 2012, 07:33 PM
The Room Stops
Oct 12 2012, 02:25 PM
six
Oct 12 2012, 11:40 AM
Oh God, please don't let Days try to do a story about Nick getting raped.
They've done male rape before, but they've never told a story where the man actually admits for it to happen, have they? And they can't handle it.
What storyline are you referencing for the male rape?... Austin/Sami maybe? PawnJohn and GinaHope?
Take your pick, really... Sami and Austin, Kristen and John, GinaHope and John (I blame that on Stefano, though, they were both brainwashed).
Offline Profile Goto Top

The Room Stops
Member Avatar

lysie
Word.
Offline Profile Goto Top

lumifan4life

supercool74
Oct 13 2012, 10:43 AM
LonePirate
lumifan4life

I don't think that is what was implied. I think what lumifan4life meant was that it would make more sense for there to be an actual reason behind any feelings Nick has against Will. Sorry, if that is not the case...I don't want to put words in anyone's mouth. But Nick was never the type of character that seemed to be homophobic...it just doesn't seem in character. He was always easy-going and I just can't see him being homophobic. I just can't. I think that is why the rape storyline would kind of make sense. At least there would be a reason or motivation. And we don't know that Nick is going to "hate" Will or anyone else. Maybe he is just very uncomfortable or maybe there is some fear or trepidation there. I don't know that women that are raped hate all men...but I think they usually go through a period of fear towards them, they feel uncomfortable. I don't know...I've never been in that situation. We still don't know how Nick is going to react for sure. I'm kind of intrigued. I just hope that there IS a reason because to just have Nick be homophobic for no other reason than being a jerk...I will hate that. I was expecting negativity from Roman or Caroline...I would not expect it from Nick.
Yes that is exactly what I meant. Days shouldn't go there with this storyline because they can't handle it, however it would make Nick seem sympathetic. If he's feeling ashamed because of what happened to him and that is the real reason behind his negative feelings towards Will being gay or perhaps homosexuality in general, then that needs to be addressed and he will need therapy. Victims don't always react logically to situations like this due to the trauma they have experienced. So in that case, I can see Nick's "strong reaction" making more sense if he was indeed a victim of male rape. That's why he will need therapy. If this show attempts to write a story like this without Nick getting therapy then that right there would be an example of why Days should absolutely stay away from social issues.

Also consider the spoiler for the week of the 22nd that Will goes to great lengths to get his friend back. If the friend is Nick then it seems Will himself sympathizes with him for a reason. Why else would he go to great lengths to win him back instead of shunning him and walking away like he did to his own dad? Obviously that would mean there is more to the story than simply Nick hates gays.

And if the friend is not Nick, then that Will spoiler makes even less sense, unless it's Gabi. Although even then, it makes no sense.
Edited by lumifan4life, Oct 13 2012, 11:56 AM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Matt
Member Avatar
Classic Soap Fan

I'm gay & I wish we'd see more of Tad. He's a very good actor & his negative reaction was written very believeably & realistically.
Online Profile Goto Top

tomsawyer
Member Avatar

Matt
Oct 13 2012, 12:05 PM
I'm gay & I wish we'd see more of Tad. He's a very good actor & his negative reaction was written very believeably & realistically.
Yay! I thought I'd never find someone else who wants more Tad - love the actor!!
Offline Profile Goto Top

Ireland98

I think Nick's reaction to Will being gay could possibly relate to how he's becoming increasingly protective/obsessive of Gabi.

Maybe he won't like or understand why Will dated Gabi for so long if he was gay (which caused Gabi to think she was doing something wrong in the relationship and perhaps played a role in Gabi going cray cray to seek attention/love from Chad). So Nick may have some harsh/homophobic remarks toward Will.

Nick's reaction to Will being gay may explain why WABI are going to 'contemplate their romance' this week.
I still think Nick will agree to be Gabi's fake baby daddy (assuming he'll know the truth that Will's the father) and that NABI will be the engaged couple.

I don't know how much Nick will come across as homophobic, but I doubt it will be that much. The homophobic stuff with T and Lucas were done very quickly, so I'll expect it to be the same with Nick.

Offline Profile Goto Top

lumifan4life

If anything T was the only one who demonstrated real hate towards WilSon for being gay with the slurs and attacks, etc. He actually demonstrated major homophobia. I haven't seen reactions like that from anyone else on the show. Not sure if Nick will even come across like that and I don't think he will.
Offline Profile Goto Top

px780
Member Avatar
Streetcorner Philosopher

camera shy
Oct 13 2012, 10:46 AM
If Nick was made to be against gays, wouldn't Gabi have a big problem with it like she did Tee? And isn't it mostly the straight men who are doing the raping in prison? And I don't think this show should ever do another rape storyline considering they don't treat rape like the horrendous crime it is. They treat it like it's something you just laugh and shake hands about and your rapist promises you that it'll never happen again. And of course a girl has to consider dating him and having a romance with him because who knows, this rapist could be the man of your dreams and who gets you like no one else.
The bolded part- I'm a little bothered by the idea that a guy getting raped by another guy would be a reason for homophobia, because I'm not sure what the two concepts naturally have to do with each other. And I'd really rather Days not even try to touch that, or to forge that connection for the audience (or play into audience perceptions that somehow rape and homosexuality are connected).

But I'm biased, because I just want them to move the fuck on and explore Will as a character who happens to be gay, which on this show means he should be in a bizarre, annoying love triangle. I get that homophobia exists and all that, but I don't like it built into my escapist entertainment.
Offline Profile Goto Top

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Locked Topic