Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Locked Topic
Tuesday, October 9th Daily Discussion
Topic Started: Oct 8 2012, 01:16 PM (3,745 Views)
magicsteacher
Member Avatar

Lil
Oct 10 2012, 08:39 AM
I found this episode rather dull. I was pleased to see Marlena...but the Bo & Hope scenes have been lame..Not necessarily the scenes themselves or seeing them, but Bo's exit story is all kinds of WTF to me and I still don't understand it. Peter Reckell must be pissed!!!

Jennifer is bat shit fucking crazy. This is still what I am mostly taking away from this story. Nicole is BSC too, but she just lost a kid again and we already kinda knew she had a touch of cray cray in her anyway. But Jenn has totally flipped her shit...

LMFAO every time Lisa Rinna appears out of thin air!!! WHY??? Why is she still around? It's so weird! And I don't really recall her and Jen being great friends. And Jennifer going around town telling anyo ne who will listen what an evil bitch Nicole is just makes her pathetic too lol
I agree about the Bo exit story. It is truly a lame way for a long time character to exit the show. For Bo to even think of leaving Hope and Ciara and his mother, who is obviously ill, to sail around the world, is ludicrous-- don't care what the reason is. Surely they could have come up with something better and more believeable than this.
Offline Profile Goto Top

camera shy

Lil
Oct 10 2012, 08:36 AM
Guinevere
Oct 9 2012, 07:40 PM
I just read elsewhere that Colin Murphy was mentioned in today's show (and must've skimmed over that part of the recap yesterday). But did Jennifer actually list Colin Murphy as one of the men that Nicole supposedly ruined? Colin Murphy, the man that Jennifer lusted after for over a year until she learned that Jack was right about him all along, that he was a bad guy (and only then did that make her want to reunite with Jack). The man that Jennifer slept with to stop him from killing Jack..and when he wound up dead on NYE was relieved and glad about. And Nicole ruined him did she..she made him work for the DiMera's and want to kill Jack?She can't have been talking about Nicole shooting him because I don't believe anyone ever found out she did it right?

I don't recall nicole being caught for that one either. I think that was just a fuck up in the writing.
The same fucked up writting that had Marlena telling Sami what a good mother she was and how much Nicole's child would need her. Honestly, I bet DH burst out laughing when she first read those lines. This show needs to have every character called on their crap, not just a few. Sonny could have told Will to cut his father a break because he wasn't too thrilled himself to realize he was gay, Lucas could have set Jennifer straight about what a good man Daniel was and Nicole never was really allowed to tell Sami off about the roll she played in ending her marriage. Does anyone remember the old movie, Ten Little Indians? A group of people were invited to dinner party at some mysterious mansion and during dinner one by one all of their big secrets were revealed ......mainly how they had wronged others. That what this show needs, a scene like that. Let someone new come to town knowing all of the character's biggest secrets and call them out on how they had wronged one another.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Lil
Member Avatar

^ Doesn't even have to be someone new lol It could be the all-knowing Stefano or Kate, who for a while under the Tomlin/Higley reign was the voice of reason for no explicable reason LOL But yeah...So many flaws in writing each and every character on the show right now. It's like Bizarro-DAYS lol
Offline Profile Goto Top

camera shy

Lil
Oct 10 2012, 09:15 AM
^ Doesn't even have to be someone new lol It could be the all-knowing Stefano or Kate, who for a while under the Tomlin/Higley reign was the voice of reason for no explicable reason LOL But yeah...So many flaws in writing each and every character on the show right now. It's like Bizarro-DAYS lol
Perfect. Stefano and Kate could throw a dinner party and invite everyone in town and let the fun begin!
Offline Profile Goto Top

Lil
Member Avatar

Best thing I've seen on the show in yrs was (weirdly) under Higley when Victor, Kate, Carly, Philip, etc. were all at Kiriakis mansion toasting Vivian while she was in the crypt. The s/l was dumb as rocks, but the scene itself was HILARIOUS...If I could get some smiliar snark while Kate & Stefano call everyone out on their shit, that would be beautiful. I'd like it if Kristen, Nicole, Victor and Lucas were in on it too, as they all snark quite well lol
Offline Profile Goto Top

eyebrowns

Lil
Oct 10 2012, 08:39 AM
LMFAO every time Lisa Rinna appears out of thin air!!! WHY??? Why is she still around? It's so weird! And I don't really recall her and Jen being great friends. And Jennifer going around town telling anyo ne who will listen what an evil bitch Nicole is just makes her pathetic too lol
Jennifer, Billie and Kristen were actually pretty good friends for a while. Back in like '94, i think? Before Kristen went nuts for sure lol So I wonder if they'll touch on that once she's back and 'reformed'. But! I must say that Lisa Rinna has finally added some Billie into her 'acting' and not just being herself on whatever TVGuide Channel reality show she's on now.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Lil
Member Avatar

I remembered Jenn & Kristen being friends...and Billie & Jack but did not recall Billie and Jenn being all that close. Thanks!
Offline Profile Goto Top

Courtneya6688
Member Avatar

I think it would be interesting to see kristen and nicole become friends
Offline Profile Goto Top

Kevin_Buchanan
Member Avatar

Courtneya6688
Oct 9 2012, 02:27 AM
My biggest problem with jen is that we are told almost daily about how much she is grieveing jack but she sure hasnt acted like she does. In two episodes we have seen nicole grieve more for her dead son than we have jen grieve jack in two months. She is sickly obsessed with daniel. Nicole and daniel may be wrong for what they did in the dna switch but its none of jens business. Daniel has been clear to jen to back off. But every chance she gets she runs to nicole to tell her how terrible she is for manipulating poor daniel. Then bashes nicole to kayla bille abby brady daniel or and any other human being she comes in contact with. I think even if jen isnt directly responsible for nicole loosing her baby she will show little remorse for her actions towards her. Im sure through nicoles grief her only concern will be that nicole is manipulating daniel into being her friend over her loose. Sorry but the writters have turned jen into a complely dispicable character
That's the writing. Jenn is grieving, she wouldn't be lying that she's grieving, it's just the writing/production/direction not showing it much.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Romancer66

Kevin_Buchanan
Oct 14 2012, 05:26 PM
Courtneya6688
Oct 9 2012, 02:27 AM
My biggest problem with jen is that we are told almost daily about how much she is grieveing jack but she sure hasnt acted like she does. In two episodes we have seen nicole grieve more for her dead son than we have jen grieve jack in two months. She is sickly obsessed with daniel. Nicole and daniel may be wrong for what they did in the dna switch but its none of jens business. Daniel has been clear to jen to back off. But every chance she gets she runs to nicole to tell her how terrible she is for manipulating poor daniel. Then bashes nicole to kayla bille abby brady daniel or and any other human being she comes in contact with. I think even if jen isnt directly responsible for nicole loosing her baby she will show little remorse for her actions towards her. Im sure through nicoles grief her only concern will be that nicole is manipulating daniel into being her friend over her loose. Sorry but the writters have turned jen into a complely dispicable character
That's the writing. Jenn is grieving, she wouldn't be lying that she's grieving, it's just the writing/production/direction not showing it much.
This self-serving version of Jennifer would use just about any excuse, including Jack's death, to justify her vile behavior. She certainly is now--except that anger over a loved one's untimely demise tends to be directed at fate, circumstances, the cause of those circumstances, sometimes the deceased and often, oneself. It doesn't usually manifest itself as raging jealousy and spite towards an ex-boyfriend's new love interest, who had absolutely nothing to do with the loved one's death.

Is the writing to blame for Jennifer's thoroughly unconvincing display of grief over Jack's death--for telling rather than showing us? In part, but MR bears some of the blame too, for her underwhelming performance. Actors are supposed to take the material they're given, even if it's crap, and make it as believable as possible by adding layers, nuance, subtext, etc.--that's their job. All I see from MR's Jennifer is jealousy, desperation, spite, anger, anger, and more anger. I don't see loss, pain, grief, or remorse--certainly not for the man who shared her life for 20 years. Jennifer can say she grieves for Jack everyday, but until I actually see it onscreen, I am within my rights not to believe her.
Edited by Romancer66, Oct 14 2012, 07:38 PM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Kevin_Buchanan
Member Avatar

The one with the vile behavior is Nicole. Nicole has been trying to convince people Jenn's gone bonkers and using Jack's death. I as a Jack fan hate that Nicole is using Jack's death to land her Daniel. And I hate Daniel being so damned stupid to do whatever Nicole wants. She must possess magic, and wooed him with some witch potion lol.
Offline Profile Goto Top

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Locked Topic