Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
CW: Gossip Girl the final season
Topic Started: Oct 9 2012, 01:58 AM (1,203 Views)
Alin89
Member Avatar

please discuss the show here.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Alin89
Member Avatar

so far not so good. its been a boring final season.

Alin89
Member Avatar

i dont get y this season is so bad. i thought the final season would have been good. I remember one tree hill was pretty good for its final season.

Alin89
Member Avatar

i miss the old gossip girl not this nonsense.

Daysdegrassi
Member Avatar

During my tenth grade year, I watched the entirety of season 4 and was hooked, not understanding why former fans disliked the storylines. As season 4 progressed into season 5, I abandoned my Chair-loving ways, and was intrigued by Dair (I didn't see every episode, but did watch most). But Dair was rushed, and Chair reunited in the finale. After the terrible season 5 conclusion and a season of bad ratings and dumb plots, I suspected that Gossip Girl would be cancelled. Instead, other CW shows were axed and GG was saved for a short, last sixth season. I was shocked, and over the summer, to prepare myself for the last season, I watched the first two seasons, and the season 3 premiere. After seeing all of those episodes, I began to undrstand how people found seasons 4-5 terrible, I understood the allure of Chair finally getting together. I fell in love with the pairing of Dan and Serena, and felt like Nate had so much potential, now for him to be wasted in a manwhore-ish way, like Daniel on Days of Our Lives. I realized that I was glad I didn't watch every season 5 episode, and realized that I would instead watch all of season 3 of GG rather than tune in for the final season. And so once the show premiered again in the fall, I realized I was glad I did not tune in. Lackluster ratings told me all I needed to hear. Rufus and Ivy hooking up? Ew. Dan and Blair not getting along because of residual feelings? OK, but boring, Chuck telling Blair they cannot be together because he wants to get back at his father? Same old, same old. I mean, in the season 5 finale, the narrator said that the more things change, the more they stay the same. She was right, the writing is awful. I hate the boring triangles, and Lily and Bart being together. Chair, they're OK, but overrated, and I cannot wait until they just get married. The one thing that is good is that Derena are reunited, but everything else is total shit. I will watch to see the Derena wedding and the GG reveal, but everything else about this show is utter shit. One day, I will watch just for the sake of watching, but for now, I can spend my time wisely doing other things.

Alin89
Member Avatar

this past monday's episode was better.

Sonny_BrendaFan
Member Avatar

Season has been a lot of wtf..worst season IMO. Can't stand Chuck or Serena :puke: . This season feels very rush. :shrug:
Edited by Sonny_BrendaFan, Dec 7 2012, 02:09 AM.

Alin89
Member Avatar

i wish they could have done it like one tree hill during their last season.

Alin89
Member Avatar

this past monday's episdoe wasnt so good at all. I cant believe they r ending this show on a crappy note.

Sonny_BrendaFan
Member Avatar

Was tonight's episode meant to be funny? From Bart falling over the ledge and dying :shrug:
Posted ImagePosted Image

And from Blair's hypocrisy of being mad at Dan becuase of his book and forgiving Chuck :flipoff: when he treated her like shit. Also it's ok to let a man die but oh no writing a book is blasphemy. Chair are gross, is that how they get off watching people die. :drunk:

This ain't love

Posted Image

I can say I won't be watching the series finale :wave:
Edited by Sonny_BrendaFan, Dec 11 2012, 02:22 AM.

Alin89
Member Avatar

i will still watch the series finale since there isnt much episodes left.

Alin89
Member Avatar

im so happy bart is dead he deserved it. the series finale looks k.

Sonny_BrendaFan
Member Avatar

So all this time Dan was Gossip Girl
Wtf that dosent even MAKE SENSE

So he posted Blair's dairy that ultimately broke them up
He's been blasting Serena and degrading her, but ends up marrying her cause all that was done out of love
When Serena and Nate were fooling around in season 2 Dan already knew becuase he was GG but I guess he pretended to not know :shrug:
And so on and so forth. It's impossible for Dan to be GG

That was the lamest twists ever that didn't even add up :moon: :shrug:

Partnersincrime
Member Avatar

none of main cast make sense as gossip girl every one at least few things that happen that they could not be gossip girl even some help them
i suspect in dan the in beginning of show but that why during i notice everything he did to notive he does not make sense after stuff happen that is gossip girl even some help
despite of the characters jenny and dan are one the most cable and smart to pull off as gossip girl
the writers really try to ruin dan and dair this season in order to show chuck better fit but instead they ruin derena since last season finale which until that point were bit sweet and boring even when they not couple they writers were so busy to trying prove dan and blair are not fit they ruin dan and serena too and they did not even to try to bulid them up blair say to dan she want nothing to do with him and next episode he hook with serena they treat serena like rebound

and with dan being gossip girl not sure what it say about derena if dan did not stop being gossip girl when he was dating serena while when date blair he did stop

Daytime
Member Avatar

I Iaughed because it was so obsurd for Dan to be Gossip Girl. When Serena went missing do they not remember he and Blair teaming up to find her? They waited by the laptop together for GG to answer them..

To me Dan being GG was a total cop-out and lacked shock value.. I mean he is a writer. Heck it would have made more sense if it had been anybody but Dan. Anyway I'm glad it's over.. After they ruined Dan/Blair's friendship for no reason I was done. I watched with the remote in my hand to ff the crap which was pretty much all except for Dan scenes.

Dan is the only character I'm going to miss.

Sonny_BrendaFan
Member Avatar

Daytime
Dec 18 2012, 04:45 AM
I Iaughed because it was so obsurd for Dan to be Gossip Girl. When Serena went missing do they not remember he and Blair teaming up to find her? They waited by the laptop together for GG to answer them..

To me Dan being GG was a total cop-out and lacked shock value.. I mean he is a writer. Heck it would have made more sense if it had been anybody but Dan. Anyway I'm glad it's over.. After they ruined Dan/Blair's friendship for no reason I was done. I watched with the remote in my hand to ff the crap which was pretty much all except for Dan scenes.

Me too Daytime. He was my fav character

I also was done when they ruin Dair for no apparent reason.
Edited by Sonny_BrendaFan, Dec 18 2012, 04:52 AM.

Partnersincrime
Member Avatar

Daytime
Dec 18 2012, 04:45 AM

despite it really so obsurd for Dan to be Gossip Girl.that part i think explain since mention jenny knew and help that jenny sent him unfortunately they can not explain other stuff that happen that show dan can not be gossip girl

despite i think dan is the smartset of the rest in show and could fool everyone its not fit dan as character to be gossip girl and sent some cruel stuff to people he loves dan was the most moral guy in show now is gossip girl common

it sad how the ruin dair not only as couple and the friendship too and blair treat like the first epiosdes in seaon one they were on the best part in show
Edited by Partnersincrime, Dec 18 2012, 05:04 AM.

Sonny_BrendaFan
Member Avatar

I think Dan had to be "ruin" in order for Chair to work again. I mean the guy was willing to sell Blair for a hotel, while Dan and Dair were shown to be flawless up till the end of season 5. This entire season to me has been rushed, especially chair and derena's reunion. Blair was absolutely ridicolous towards Dan this season, all out of the blue IMO.

Only thing I miss about this show is Dair.
Edited by Sonny_BrendaFan, Dec 18 2012, 05:10 AM.

Partnersincrime
Member Avatar

CherishLuvsEJ
Dec 18 2012, 05:10 AM
I think Dan had to be "ruin" in order for Chair to work again. I mean the guy was willing to sell Blair for a hotel, while Dan and Dair were shown to be flawless up till the end of season 5. This entire season to me has been rushed, especially chair and derena's reunion. Blair was absolutely ridicolous towards Dan this season, all out of the blue IMO.

i mention too in my first post in the process they try ruin dan to show is not fit to blair they also ruin for serena too which is funny since plan to hook with serena after they finish ruin dan and to show chuck is better which btw one the funniest moment on show chuck call dan souless and sad part is not suppose to be funny

i knew chair and derena will endgame for sure especially since season 3 but even i could writing better better ending to chair and derena as couple despite i not shipper of them that fix most the shit stuff in last 3 years

Daytime
Member Avatar

CherishLuvsEJ
Dec 18 2012, 05:10 AM

Dan/Blair had one of the most profound relationships on the show. It was Gossip Girl! If they weren't going to continue with the relationship, I wish they would have left them friends instead. Now they expect us to believe Dan intentionally broke he and Blair up? I hate Dan was sacrificed to make Chuck look good. But I'm sure Chuck fans would see differently.. Sighs...

Alas no frets over spilled milk it's over now so I will go back to watching Monday night Raw with no interruptions. :)

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
ZetaBoards gives you all the tools to create a successful discussion community.
Learn More · Sign-up for Free
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · CW Primetime · Next Topic »
Add Reply