Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Wednesday, October 10th Daily Discussion
Topic Started: Oct 9 2012, 01:32 PM (4,470 Views)
talbab1994
Member Avatar

Mirage75
Oct 9 2012, 03:48 PM
Jennifer is nuts! Jack is one lucky guy to be away from that crazy bitch!

I'm so sick and tired of the ass kissing of this punk Nick. What the hell is so damn special about him?!!!! I just don't get it.

I hate that Nicole is losing everything for Daniel!!! ugh.

Another day off my DVR!

I can't even get through the written version of the show. Sad....

(BTW, LOVE the avi! :) )
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

niki

You know I perhaps could have come around on the whole Jennifer going crazy stuff - it sounds good, and I even like the line today about how she couldn't save Jack so she needs to save Dan. BUT it would be 100% better IF a) it wasn't over Daniel and b) Nicole had actually lost the baby through the push. From the spoilers it appears as if Jen is claiming complete innocence and yet - whether the baby was already dead or not - she isn't! And I can't stand that what could have been a gripping story is being done as if Dannifer are some super couple and the evil Nicole and events are conspiring against them. If this had been Jack's story - I'd have been soooooo much more invested.

DocandJohn4ever
Member Avatar

nolagirl
Oct 9 2012, 04:14 PM
Aliaron
Oct 9 2012, 03:14 PM
They could explainJen's craziness with a trip to Marlena where she gets Jen to admit she's using daniel to fight grieving Jack because of her guilt over how she treated him because of misplaced anger.
Ironic that Marlena hs seen everyone since returning to Salem about their problems but hasn't stuck her nose in on Jen and Abby :blink:
I know I thought that was strange that the two people who probably need her help the most she hasn't gone to see yet... I guess they were saving up her air time for when Kristen came back, which I'm not complaining about because I'd much rather see her interact with Kristen than Jennifer

DocandJohn4ever
Member Avatar

camera shy
Oct 9 2012, 03:32 PM
Can anyone remember what the job was Nick did for Kate?
didn't she blackmail him into changing the paternity test results so it said that Johnny and Allie were EJ's children and not Lucas'?? :shrug:

Courtneya6688
Member Avatar

If jen is trying to save dan because she couldnt save jack then this storyline is even worse than i thought. Daniel changed the test there is nothing she could do to turn back time and change whats already happened. Her constant wrath she inflicts on nicole is just uncalled for. Daniel told her more than once nicole didnt make him do any thing. If the babys death did make her have a huge break down it would be one thing but i dont think it will in fact i dont think she will even be remorseful about the baby dying

Dreamer
Gone, But Not Forgotten!

Poor Jennifer, still not crazy how she's being written, but I think MR is doing an awesome performance with what is given to her. I know I bitched about her phoning in acting in the past year, but she ain't phoning it in now. I am pleasantly surprised and will give credit where it's due.

I do hope to see Jennifer come round to the Jennifer we all once knew and love. 2nd round Jen was a little rough around the edges at times, but I'd settle for that version over this one anytime.
Edited by Dreamer, Oct 9 2012, 07:51 PM.

Dreamer
Gone, But Not Forgotten!

I found little Ms Abigail very annoying today and what' s up with that red little dress? Xmas?
Edited by Dreamer, Oct 10 2012, 08:02 AM.

Romancer66

Guinevere
Oct 9 2012, 03:46 PM
If this is what she's doing then maybe they should stop forcing these scenes where they pretend there's some chemistry there and moments like reminiscing about their first date. But this is just a one off line thrown in there. Obviously this isn't about Jack it's about pushing Dannifer back together. If this was about Jack's death and Jennifer's devastation over it then they should've had some moments where she is alone and grieving and stop pretending like their life together wasn't a big deal.
T&W 2 are failing the "show, don't tell" rule. If Jennifer was having flashbacks to Jack's last moments or waking from nightmares screaming his name, I might believe she was haunted by her inability to save him. Likewise, if she was seen crying over Jack's picture or reading his book over and over or wearing one of his shirts or sweaters because she missed his scent, I could believe she was truly grieving for him. But all we see is her running around after Daniel, snooping into his business, and accusing Nicole of ruining his life. From what we've seen and heard since Jack's ashes were scattered, it's all about Daniel, Daniel, Daniel for her.
Her fickle, man-hungry bitch persona is a lot more convincing than her grief-stricken widow one.

Dreamer
Gone, But Not Forgotten!

Jen transferring her inability to save jack over to save Daniel is good enough for me. I heard it, didn't see it, but I'm use to the new imaginary part of Days. We just to pretend it happened.

Dreamer
Gone, But Not Forgotten!

Delete wrong thread
Edited by Dreamer, Oct 9 2012, 08:29 PM.

DocandJohn4ever
Member Avatar

Romancer66
Oct 9 2012, 08:11 PM
Guinevere
Oct 9 2012, 03:46 PM
If this is what she's doing then maybe they should stop forcing these scenes where they pretend there's some chemistry there and moments like reminiscing about their first date. But this is just a one off line thrown in there. Obviously this isn't about Jack it's about pushing Dannifer back together. If this was about Jack's death and Jennifer's devastation over it then they should've had some moments where she is alone and grieving and stop pretending like their life together wasn't a big deal.
T&W 2 are failing the "show, don't tell" rule. If Jennifer was having flashbacks to Jack's last moments or waking from nightmares screaming his name, I might believe she was haunted by her inability to save him. Likewise, if she was seen crying over Jack's picture or reading his book over and over or wearing one of his shirts or sweaters because she missed his scent, I could believe she was truly grieving for him. But all we see is her running around after Daniel, snooping into his business, and accusing Nicole of ruining his life. From what we've seen and heard since Jack's ashes were scattered, it's all about Daniel, Daniel, Daniel for her.
Her fickle, man-hungry bitch persona is a lot more convincing than her grief-stricken widow one.
It would have been nice to see Jennifer grieve for Jack, I would have rather seen that than the garbage that they're doing now with her, Nicole, and Daniel :shame:

As I was reading your post this scene with Marlena immediately came into my mind... would it have seriously killed them to do something like this for Jack? At least then it would have given some closure to the J&J fans as well as pay tribute to Matt.. It's times like these where I miss MarDar, at least they honored the history of the show..

BeeBee
Member Avatar

esp13
Oct 9 2012, 03:17 PM
They don't need Marlena for that, Jen basically says it right in the dialogue. She says she couldn't save Jack but she can save Daniel. That's clearly the out they are going to use for Jen's behavior. All of this obsession with "saving" Daniel is really about Jen's inability to save Jack -- at least from the elevator and maybe even from what happened in Afghanistan. That could actually be a pretty good story for Jen.
If they do a story about Jennifer actually griefstricken about Jack's death and realizing she and Dan can only be platonic friends,I will accept it but only on those terms.No
lingering looks,flashbacks,etc.

BeeBee
Member Avatar

Courtneya6688
Oct 9 2012, 07:34 PM
If jen is trying to save dan because she couldnt save jack then this storyline is even worse than i thought. Daniel changed the test there is nothing she could do to turn back time and change whats already happened. Her constant wrath she inflicts on nicole is just uncalled for. Daniel told her more than once nicole didnt make him do any thing. If the babys death did make her have a huge break down it would be one thing but i dont think it will in fact i dont think she will even be remorseful about the baby dying
Daniel did not actually change the test results.Nicole switched the labels on the samples EJ and Rafe provided for the testing.Daniel found out about the switched labels before the samples were sent to the laboratory for testing but he did not switch the labels back to the correct samples,he allowed them to be tested even though he knew Nicole switched the labels.

Courtneya6688
Member Avatar

Your right nicole did change the test but jen doesnt know that nor does she have proof that the baby isnt rafes which makes her that much more wrong for targeting nicole

lazydazes
Member Avatar

can`t wait to see them cart bitchy jenn away in the paddy wagon. She`s not grieving jack, she`s grieving the fact that somebody else besides her is sexing danny up. That is the only thing she cares about. I agree that missy isn`t phoning it in because she`s done a fabulous job of making me hate jenn`s guts.

LuvingLumi
Member Avatar
♥ LUMI ♥

The only story I want for Jennifer at this point is her in a mental institution in a fetal position in a corner rocking herself back and forth....

Dreamer
Gone, But Not Forgotten!

LuvingLumi
Oct 10 2012, 07:58 AM
The only story I want for Jennifer at this point is her in a mental institution in a fetal position in a corner rocking herself back and forth....
I support this 100% and think that it would do the character a world of good. It probably won't happen now, maybe after Whatever her and Daniel have going. Want to see Jen alone and suffering.

Anita

Dreamer
Oct 10 2012, 08:13 AM
LuvingLumi
I support this 100% and think that it would do the character a world of good. It probably won't happen now, maybe after Whatever her and Daniel have going. Want to see Jen alone and suffering.
Either scenario works for me. Just get her off my screen.

Sandy

Just turned off the DVR to quit recording Days. Someone has a thing about killing babies and I refuse to watch it. That writer must be one sob if all that they can do to provide angst is kill childrens, kidnap children, and rape women. They are not trying to provide angst, they are trying to emote PAIN in women who h ave lost children and I dis.like them for it. Jennifer should have stayed in Nashville instead of going for her storyline. I actually watched two shows last week and semi enjoyed them. Heck they don't even know how to write a decent spoiler to make one want to watch the show. This is the worse group of hacks since Passions. Too bad, this used to be one of the best shows on daytime television. The show is now trult ghastly. When you rewrite bad scripts what do you expect.

LuvingLumi
Member Avatar
♥ LUMI ♥

Dreamer
Oct 10 2012, 08:13 AM
LuvingLumi
Can they do this story AFTER they kill of Daniel? Can I at least get that? She loses her loving husband Jack and then she falls for Daniel and he's run over by a semi or something.....loses him too...she starts hearing voices and goes cray cray....

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply