Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Wednesday, October 10th Daily Discussion
Topic Started: Oct 9 2012, 01:32 PM (4,367 Views)
Romancer66

lazydazes
Oct 10 2012, 04:34 AM
can`t wait to see them cart bitchy jenn away in the paddy wagon. She`s not grieving jack, she`s grieving the fact that somebody else besides her is sexing danny up. That is the only thing she cares about. I agree that missy isn`t phoning it in because she`s done a fabulous job of making me hate jenn`s guts.
Problem is, I'm not sure we're supposed to hate Jennifer's guts. I suspect we're supposed to feel sorry for her because she's crazed with grief over losing Jack and desperate to save another man she cares about. We're supposed to think she's still a good, kind, compassionate person. Unfortunately, due to the shallow writing and MR's inability to play layers, none of that is coming across on screen. We see a shrieking, self-righteous harpy who's obsessing over her ex-boyfriend's love life, prying into things that aren't her business even after being repeatedly told to butt out, and picking fights with a woman who has a high-risk pregnancy. And I'm sure once the baby is stillborn, Jennifer's remorse for his death will fail to translate into anything other than concern for her own skin. She probably won't even feel that guilty because, in her narrow, judgmental mind, Nicole doesn't deserve to be a mother.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Courtneya6688
Member Avatar

Well her dialoge for todays show says it all. She doesnt think nicole deserves any thing or any body good in her life. If she had a ounce of that good heart people say she has she would never have told nicole her child would suffer with her as a mother. That was just down right heartless especially since the audience already knows that nicoles baby is dead

camera shy

Courtneya6688
Oct 10 2012, 10:09 AM
Well her dialoge for todays show says it all. She doesnt think nicole deserves any thing or any body good in her life. If she had a ounce of that good heart people say she has she would never have told nicole her child would suffer with her as a mother. That was just down right heartless especially since the audience already knows that nicoles baby is dead
Can we please get Dannifer and then have Jennifer walk in on Daniel doing it with one of his patients on his desk with Nicole standing behind Jennifer smirking? :D
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

BJ Deveraux
Member Avatar

Romancer66
Oct 10 2012, 09:25 AM
lazydazes
Oct 10 2012, 04:34 AM
can`t wait to see them cart bitchy jenn away in the paddy wagon. She`s not grieving jack, she`s grieving the fact that somebody else besides her is sexing danny up. That is the only thing she cares about. I agree that missy isn`t phoning it in because she`s done a fabulous job of making me hate jenn`s guts.
Problem is, I'm not sure we're supposed to hate Jennifer's guts. I suspect we're supposed to feel sorry for her because she's crazed with grief over losing Jack and desperate to save another man she cares about. We're supposed to think she's still a good, kind, compassionate person. Unfortunately, due to the shallow writing and MR's inability to play layers, none of that is coming across on screen. We see a shrieking, self-righteous harpy who's obsessing over her ex-boyfriend's love life, prying into things that aren't her business even after being repeatedly told to butt out, and picking fights with a woman who has a high-risk pregnancy. And I'm sure once the baby is stillborn, Jennifer's remorse for his death will fail to translate into anything other than concern for her own skin. She probably won't even feel that guilty because, in her narrow, judgmental mind, Nicole doesn't deserve to be a mother.
ITA, there is not a doubt in my mind that the intent is for the audience to sympathize with her insanity because she is crazy with "grief". So poorly written and acted that she is indeed hateful but that's not the intention. It's as if we should forget her obsession with Dr. Tang and the fact that she treated Jack like dirt in his hour of need.

Courtneya6688
Member Avatar

I think the audience would sympathize with jen more if one we really seen her grief of loosing jack and two if she was defending someone like her brother or cousin and not her ex boyfriend

3WishGenie
Member Avatar

Geez, when did Jennifer turn into such a big bitch!! And I used to like her. I'm still holding out that the Salem doctors are incompetent and that baby will come out alive :soapbox:

Dreamer
Gone, But Not Forgotten!

I still can't figure out why Jennifer cares so much about any of this, except that she has nothing to focus on and sees other people's problems as something that she help with, much like they have Brady going around town. Jennifer's sudden moral and ethical self vs Nicole's manipulations of Daniel, put her back on her pedestal. Flawless and perfect Jennifer, doer of all good and lover of all man kind. Her actions do not measure up against her dialouge. Recently Fickle and shallow, now caring and obsessed with saving the Dr. Amazing's life and career.

TPTB are missing the needed beats to play out the SL more effectly. These new writers are better but still have lost hold of writing the real Jennifer Horton, not surprising, look at EJ, he's taken the same beating with his character.

Even if I was a Dannifer fan I find their story lacks any substance. Jennifer's sudden concern for Dr. Dicker after Jack's death is just messed up. It does nothing for me. Knowing that Dan still loves her and pretends he doesn't when she comes close to him. Half the town sees Jennifer is in love with Daniel and yet she doesn't see it herself? This is not Jennifer. Jennifer had never been in denial about loving anyone. This is probably the biggest problem for long time fans to like and accept the charcter, new fans could probably swing either way and old fans just want her gone. I do not fault MR, I fault the writers for being unable to create a compelling SL that fit the history of the character.
Edited by Dreamer, Oct 10 2012, 12:42 PM.

Tammy
Member Avatar

Oh man... this story with Caroline is going to turn me into a weeping mess! :'(

trojangal
Member Avatar

Dreamer
Oct 10 2012, 12:39 PM
I still can't figure out why Jennifer cares so much about any of this, except that she has nothing to focus on and sees other people's problems as something that she help with, much like they have Brady going around town. Jennifer's sudden moral and ethical self vs Nicole's manipulations of Daniel, put her back on her pedestal. Flawless and perfect Jennifer, doer of all good and lover of all man kind. Her actions do not measure up against her dialouge. Recently Fickle and shallow, now caring and obsessed with saving the Dr. Amazing's life and career.

TPTB are missing the needed beats to play out the SL more effectly. These new writers are better but still have lost hold of writing the real Jennifer Horton, not surprising, look at EJ, he's taken the same beating with his character.

Even if I was a Dannifer fan I find their story lacks any substance. Jennifer's sudden concern for Dr. Dicker after Jack's death is just messed up. It does nothing for me. Knowing that Dan still loves her and pretends he doesn't when she comes close to him. Half the town sees Jennifer is in love with Daniel and yet she doesn't see it herself? This is not Jennifer. Jennifer had never been in denial about loving anyone. This is probably the biggest problem for long time fans to like and accept the charcter, new fans could probably swing either way and old fans just want her gone. I do not fault MR, I fault the writers for being unable to create a compelling SL that fit the history of the character.
Jen cares so much because she is Jealous that Dan moved on & took up with Nicole
of all people. I wish she was doing this because of losing Jack but the writers
are writing Dannifer as lovers being kept apart
At least that is what comes across the screen to me

trojangal
Member Avatar

Tammy
Oct 10 2012, 02:48 PM
Oh man... this story with Caroline is going to turn me into a weeping mess! :'(
Yes it is going to be heartbreaking

trojangal
Member Avatar

Courtneya6688
Oct 10 2012, 10:09 AM
Yes in Jenn's mind big bad Nicole doesn't deserve a baby, hapiness or a good man like Dan .

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

I still like Jennifer. And I'm enjoying this feisty side of her as well. She's no longer the wet blanket she was for most of her adult life.

Dreamer
Gone, But Not Forgotten!

trojangal
Oct 10 2012, 03:15 PM
Dreamer
Oct 10 2012, 12:39 PM

Jen cares so much because she is Jealous that Dan moved on & took up with Nicole
of all people. I wish she was doing this because of losing Jack but the writers
are writing Dannifer as lovers being kept apart
At least that is what comes across the screen to me
IA, Jen sees Nicole as a self, manipulative, bitch that is not worthy of love or happiness..... maybe she should look at herself in the mirror LOL!

I see Nicole and Jen as BFFs and boozing it up trying to get over Dr. Dicker..... give it 6 month tops!

Dreamer
Gone, But Not Forgotten!

DrewHamilton
Oct 10 2012, 03:24 PM
I still like Jennifer. And I'm enjoying this feisty side of her as well. She's no longer the wet blanket she was for most of her adult life.
This is why Jennifer needs her own story, one that doesn't invovle a man.
Other than the Rape SL and the lame Heart Ripped Out SL -and a few bouts with almost death over 20+the years.....
Jennifer really hasn't a really good SLs. She's never been a character that is drawn into a jaw dropping SL of her own-

Drinking, Drugs, Mental Illness, mostly loss of the ones she loves.
Jennifer needs a sickness or something tradegic to happen.... I know Jack's real death Saving Abi has been the best avenue to send her off the deep end... so I will keep waiting.

Romancer66

DrewHamilton
Picking fights with a pregnant woman, trying to forbid her to leave town with your ex-boyfriend, ranting and raving to anyone who'll listen about how much you hate her, stalking your ex-boyfriend all over town and telling him what a mistake he's making even after he's repeatedly told you to back off . . . that's not feisty. That's obsessive, irrational, and unhinged.

There is nothing likable, admirable, or recognizable about this version of Jennifer. She's a travesty.

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

Romancer66
Oct 10 2012, 03:37 PM
DrewHamilton
Picking fights with a pregnant woman, trying to forbid her to leave town with your ex-boyfriend, ranting and raving to anyone who'll listen about how much you hate her, stalking your ex-boyfriend all over town and telling him what a mistake he's making even after he's repeatedly told you to back off . . . that's not feisty. That's obsessive, irrational, and unhinged.

There is nothing likable, admirable, or recognizable about this version of Jennifer. She's a travesty.
I don't see it as Jennifer "picking fights" with Nicole. Nicole isn't innocent in all of this. She's a manipulative little bitch, who felt threatened by the bond Jennifer and Daniel have. As a result, she started shoving her own recent past with Daniel in Jennifer's face, prompting Jennifer to get fed up. Lets not be biased.

Jennifer has known Nicole for years now. As many have pointed out, every time they've been involved in any sort of story, they've usually been at odds. Jennifer obviously cares about Daniel, so I could totally understand why she has issues with him being with Nicole. Whether that means Jennifer still has feelings for Daniel or not. I would expect her to act this way with anyone she's close with, if said person is involving themselves with someone Jennifer has a bad past with. Daniel may be telling her to butt out, but this is Jennifer we're talking about. She never butts out of anything!

I like her.

trojangal
Member Avatar

DrewHamilton
A fiestier Jennifer would be a good thing but
What I see on my tv screen is the writers making her mean & obsessive.
Today when she was talking about stopping Dan & Nicole to Brady she came off
desperate & losing control . I hope this is her grief over Jack causing
this behavior but the way it comes across is that she is pissed off & out to get
Nicole because Dan has a relationship with Nicole.

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

I'm still not seeing an obsession. I think that's a little harsh, and she's only be labeled obsessed by bitter fans.

trojangal
Member Avatar

DrewHamilton
Oct 10 2012, 04:22 PM
I'm still not seeing an obsession. I think that's a little harsh, and she's only be labeled obsessed by bitter fans.
When Jen was at home with Brady & she wanted to call the airlines to find out
info about where Dan & Nicole were going seemed a little obsessive to me!
She isn't the SPD & Dicole aren't Stefano trying to skip town
It is really none of her business

Romancer66

DrewHamilton
Oct 10 2012, 03:47 PM
Romancer66
Oct 10 2012, 03:37 PM
DrewHamilton

I don't see it as Jennifer "picking fights" with Nicole. Nicole isn't innocent in all of this. She's a manipulative little bitch, who felt threatened by the bond Jennifer and Daniel have. As a result, she started shoving her own recent past with Daniel in Jennifer's face, prompting Jennifer to get fed up. Lets not be biased.

Jennifer has known Nicole for years now. As many have pointed out, every time they've been involved in any sort of story, they've usually been at odds. Jennifer obviously cares about Daniel, so I could totally understand why she has issues with him being with Nicole. Whether that means Jennifer still has feelings for Daniel or not. I would expect her to act this way with anyone she's close with, if said person is involving themselves with someone Jennifer has a bad past with. Daniel may be telling her to butt out, but this is Jennifer we're talking about. She never butts out of anything!

I like her.
I'm not even much of a Nicole fan, though I think AZ a decent actress who's capable of finding something sympathetic about her character even when she's craziest. Not getting that sense at all from MR's performance--she's coming across as a one-note, jealous, screaming harpy.

In any case, I don't have any pro-Nicole bias to excuse or defend. My issues are entirely with this awful, unrecognizable version of Jennifer. So what if Nicole played up her relationship with Daniel? So what if Nicole and Daniel slept together? They're consenting adults free to do as they please, without St. Jennifer's blessing. Meanwhile, Jack, the father of Jennifer's children and the professed love of her life, just died, suddenly and violently, while saving their daughter. They were going to get married again. They were supposedly happy. They didn't even get a chance to say goodbye. Their children are devastated by his death. Given the magnitude of that loss, why would Jennifer even care, much less get "fed-up" about what Nicole tells her about Daniel? She didn't spare either of them a thought while Jack was alive. To quote Kayla, "What's it to you?"

And if Jennifer couldn't get along with Nicole, she shouldn't have invited her to live in the Horton house in the first place. Why ask someone with a high-risk medical condition to move in if you aren't even going to try to coexist peacefully with that person? And I just love how Jennifer said everyone deserved a second chance, even Nicole, and then the second she found out Nicole was involved with Daniel, she immediately began ranting and raving about what a manipulative bitch Nicole was and how it was obvious she must have "done something" to get Daniel to help her/be with her. So much for charity and second chances. And opening a conversation with a remark like "What are you blackmailing Daniel with to get him to help you?" sure sounds like picking a fight to me. It's like asking a public figure "When did you stop beating your wife?"

As for Jennifer's refusal to back off even when told to, repeatedly, that might have been cute 20 years ago when she was an earnest ingenue with more youthful idealism than life experience. But it's a lot less endearing in a fortysomething mother of two, who's led a much fuller life and supposedly acquired some wisdom. In fact, it comes across as obsessive and stalkerish. And if she must stick her nose in where it doesn't belong, then she could at least change her tactics, which appear not to have altered since adolescence. Yelling, screaming, hurling accusations, calling names, and ranting "I hate her, I hate her, I hate her" . . . yeah, that's effective and mature and will make everyone take you and your concerns seriously. :rolleyes: Maybe for an encore, Jennifer can hold her breath until she turns blue.

I despise her.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
ZetaBoards gives you all the tools to create a successful discussion community.
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply