Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Wednesday, October 10th Daily Discussion
Topic Started: Oct 9 2012, 01:32 PM (4,377 Views)
camera shy

Romancer66
Oct 10 2012, 04:43 PM
DrewHamilton
Oct 10 2012, 03:47 PM
Romancer66
Oct 10 2012, 03:37 PM
DrewHamilton
Oct 10 2012, 03:24 PM
I still like Jennifer. And I'm enjoying this feisty side of her as well. She's no longer the wet blanket she was for most of her adult life.
Picking fights with a pregnant woman, trying to forbid her to leave town with your ex-boyfriend, ranting and raving to anyone who'll listen about how much you hate her, stalking your ex-boyfriend all over town and telling him what a mistake he's making even after he's repeatedly told you to back off . . . that's not feisty. That's obsessive, irrational, and unhinged.

There is nothing likable, admirable, or recognizable about this version of Jennifer. She's a travesty.
I don't see it as Jennifer "picking fights" with Nicole. Nicole isn't innocent in all of this. She's a manipulative little bitch, who felt threatened by the bond Jennifer and Daniel have. As a result, she started shoving her own recent past with Daniel in Jennifer's face, prompting Jennifer to get fed up. Lets not be biased.

Jennifer has known Nicole for years now. As many have pointed out, every time they've been involved in any sort of story, they've usually been at odds. Jennifer obviously cares about Daniel, so I could totally understand why she has issues with him being with Nicole. Whether that means Jennifer still has feelings for Daniel or not. I would expect her to act this way with anyone she's close with, if said person is involving themselves with someone Jennifer has a bad past with. Daniel may be telling her to butt out, but this is Jennifer we're talking about. She never butts out of anything!

I like her.
I'm not even much of a Nicole fan, though I think AZ a decent actress who's capable of finding something sympathetic about her character even when she's craziest. Not getting that sense at all from MR's performance--she's coming across as a one-note, jealous, screaming harpy.

In any case, I don't have any pro-Nicole bias to excuse or defend. My issues are entirely with this awful, unrecognizable version of Jennifer. So what if Nicole played up her relationship with Daniel? So what if Nicole and Daniel slept together? They're consenting adults free to do as they please, without St. Jennifer's blessing. Meanwhile, Jack, the father of Jennifer's children and the professed love of her life, just died, suddenly and violently, while saving their daughter. They were going to get married again. They were supposedly happy. They didn't even get a chance to say goodbye. Their children are devastated by his death. Given the magnitude of that loss, why would Jennifer even care, much less get "fed-up" about what Nicole tells her about Daniel? She didn't spare either of them a thought while Jack was alive. To quote Kayla, "What's it to you?"

And if Jennifer couldn't get along with Nicole, she shouldn't have invited her to live in the Horton house in the first place. Why ask someone with a high-risk medical condition to move in if you aren't even going to try to coexist peacefully with that person? And I just love how Jennifer said everyone deserved a second chance, even Nicole, and then the second she found out Nicole was involved with Daniel, she immediately began ranting and raving about what a manipulative bitch Nicole was and how it was obvious she must have "done something" to get Daniel to help her/be with her. So much for charity and second chances. And opening a conversation with a remark like "What are you blackmailing Daniel with to get him to help you?" sure sounds like picking a fight to me. It's like asking a public figure "When did you stop beating your wife?"

As for Jennifer's refusal to back off even when told to, repeatedly, that might have been cute 20 years ago when she was an earnest ingenue with more youthful idealism than life experience. But it's a lot less endearing in a fortysomething mother of two, who's led a much fuller life and supposedly acquired some wisdom. In fact, it comes across as obsessive and stalkerish. And if she must stick her nose in where it doesn't belong, then she could at least change her tactics, which appear not to have altered since adolescence. Yelling, screaming, hurling accusations, calling names, and ranting "I hate her, I hate her, I hate her" . . . yeah, that's effective and mature and will make everyone take you and your concerns seriously. :rolleyes: Maybe for an encore, Jennifer can hold her breath until she turns blue.

I despise her.
The kind of hate Jennifer is having for Nicole is way over the top. You'd think she had murdered Abby. To have this kind of hatred for someone under these circumstances isn't normal.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Romancer66

trojangal
Oct 10 2012, 04:32 PM
DrewHamilton
Oct 10 2012, 04:22 PM
I'm still not seeing an obsession. I think that's a little harsh, and she's only be labeled obsessed by bitter fans.
When Jen was at home with Brady & she wanted to call the airlines to find out
info about where Dan & Nicole were going seemed a little obsessive to me!
She isn't the SPD & Dicole aren't Stefano trying to skip town
It is really none of her business
Oh, yeah. That's obsessed all right. I wonder what she was planning to do--cancel their flight plans, stow away on the plane, or call in a bomb threat so their plane never left the runway. Nicole already asked if she was planning on lying down in front of their car, and Jennifer's response was to rant how Nicole would love to drive right over her, not to deny that she'd do it! Yep, Jen-Jen is cray-cray!

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

Daniel's apartment has seriously become my favorite part of the show, LOL. I love it!

Loved Bo and Caroline's scenes. McCay brought it.

I like Chad's haircut. Not sure how new it is. Missed the last few episodes.

Okay, so on one hand, I liked how the writers brought up Kate and Nick's history, but something didn't add up. When Kate brought up working together, Nick sarcastically pointed out how "great" that worked last time. In return, Kate said she doesn't judge him for the murder. Trent's murder? What the hell did that have to do with Kate?

ScorpioQueen
Member Avatar

I don't like that Gabi/Nick were both at the Pub and there was no recognition from either Nick or Gabi of their kiss last week. They're in spoilers for next week but seriously. I don't want this to be an off-screen relationship.

Lil
Member Avatar

trojangal
Oct 10 2012, 04:32 PM
DrewHamilton
Oct 10 2012, 04:22 PM
I'm still not seeing an obsession. I think that's a little harsh, and she's only be labeled obsessed by bitter fans.
When Jen was at home with Brady & she wanted to call the airlines to find out
info about where Dan & Nicole were going seemed a little obsessive to me!
She isn't the SPD & Dicole aren't Stefano trying to skip town
It is really none of her business
I agree...Nosy and feisty is one thing but this bitch is unhinged. She has stalked Daniel all over town telling him how evil Nicole is (even though NONE of this is her business and she and Daniel hadn't interacted for months beforehand) and she has more often than not been the one to pick fights with Nicole. Nicole , of course being Nicole, will not back down and push her buttons, but that doesn't change the fact that Jennifer has been the one hurling accusations and name-calling all over the place. And that didn't start until she realized Dan & Nicole were intimate with each other, which is DEFINITELY none of her business. Nicole exacerbated the situations for sure, but Jenn is being ridiculous. and the fact that Daniel kept Nicole's secret and fucked her WILLINGLY I would think would make a character like Jennifer not want anything to do with him, rather than "save" him. If you're so guilt-ridden and want to "save" someone how about you fucking go to London and hang out with your 6 year old who is in boarding school dealing with his dad's death alone? Or your daughter who actually is grieving her dad, just got dumped and just lost her best friend? I mean, really, Dan was kind of a dick to her when they were together...He dumped her a hundred fucking times. Maybe her arguments would hold a little morewater if I saw what a "good man" Taniel was, but I don't. I still think he's a sleazy douche. lol Don't understand why any women patient touched by the spray-tan penis had to lose their fucking mind afterwards. Maybe they make THAT a storyline.

Lil
Member Avatar

Romancer66
DrewHamilton
Romancer66
DrewHamilton
I still like Jennifer. And I'm enjoying this feisty side of her as well. She's no longer the wet blanket she was for most of her adult life.
Picking fights with a pregnant woman, trying to forbid her to leave town with your ex-boyfriend, ranting and raving to anyone who'll listen about how much you hate her, stalking your ex-boyfriend all over town and telling him what a mistake he's making even after he's repeatedly told you to back off . . . that's not feisty. That's obsessive, irrational, and unhinged.

There is nothing likable, admirable, or recognizable about this version of Jennifer. She's a travesty.
I don't see it as Jennifer "picking fights" with Nicole. Nicole isn't innocent in all of this. She's a manipulative little bitch, who felt threatened by the bond Jennifer and Daniel have. As a result, she started shoving her own recent past with Daniel in Jennifer's face, prompting Jennifer to get fed up. Lets not be biased.

Jennifer has known Nicole for years now. As many have pointed out, every time they've been involved in any sort of story, they've usually been at odds. Jennifer obviously cares about Daniel, so I could totally understand why she has issues with him being with Nicole. Whether that means Jennifer still has feelings for Daniel or not. I would expect her to act this way with anyone she's close with, if said person is involving themselves with someone Jennifer has a bad past with. Daniel may be telling her to butt out, but this is Jennifer we're talking about. She never butts out of anything!

I like her.
I'm not even much of a Nicole fan, though I think AZ a decent actress who's capable of finding something sympathetic about her character even when she's craziest. Not getting that sense at all from MR's performance--she's coming across as a one-note, jealous, screaming harpy.

In any case, I don't have any pro-Nicole bias to excuse or defend. My issues are entirely with this awful, unrecognizable version of Jennifer. So what if Nicole played up her relationship with Daniel? So what if Nicole and Daniel slept together? They're consenting adults free to do as they please, without St. Jennifer's blessing. Meanwhile, Jack, the father of Jennifer's children and the professed love of her life, just died, suddenly and violently, while saving their daughter. They were going to get married again. They were supposedly happy. They didn't even get a chance to say goodbye. Their children are devastated by his death. Given the magnitude of that loss, why would Jennifer even care, much less get "fed-up" about what Nicole tells her about Daniel? She didn't spare either of them a thought while Jack was alive. To quote Kayla, "What's it to you?"

And if Jennifer couldn't get along with Nicole, she shouldn't have invited her to live in the Horton house in the first place. Why ask someone with a high-risk medical condition to move in if you aren't even going to try to coexist peacefully with that person? And I just love how Jennifer said everyone deserved a second chance, even Nicole, and then the second she found out Nicole was involved with Daniel, she immediately began ranting and raving about what a manipulative bitch Nicole was and how it was obvious she must have "done something" to get Daniel to help her/be with her. So much for charity and second chances. And opening a conversation with a remark like "What are you blackmailing Daniel with to get him to help you?" sure sounds like picking a fight to me. It's like asking a public figure "When did you stop beating your wife?"

As for Jennifer's refusal to back off even when told to, repeatedly, that might have been cute 20 years ago when she was an earnest ingenue with more youthful idealism than life experience. But it's a lot less endearing in a fortysomething mother of two, who's led a much fuller life and supposedly acquired some wisdom. In fact, it comes across as obsessive and stalkerish. And if she must stick her nose in where it doesn't belong, then she could at least change her tactics, which appear not to have altered since adolescence. Yelling, screaming, hurling accusations, calling names, and ranting "I hate her, I hate her, I hate her" . . . yeah, that's effective and mature and will make everyone take you and your concerns seriously. :rolleyes: Maybe for an encore, Jennifer can hold her breath until she turns blue.

I despise her.
I should have read this before posting... lol Awesome.

I LOVED when Kayla said that to her!!!

Lil
Member Avatar

DrewHamilton
Oct 10 2012, 05:28 PM
Daniel's apartment has seriously become my favorite part of the show, LOL. I love it!

Loved Bo and Caroline's scenes. McCay brought it.

I like Chad's haircut. Not sure how new it is. Missed the last few episodes.

Okay, so on one hand, I liked how the writers brought up Kate and Nick's history, but something didn't add up. When Kate brought up working together, Nick sarcastically pointed out how "great" that worked last time. In return, Kate said she doesn't judge him for the murder. Trent's murder? What the hell did that have to do with Kate?
Yeah I was fuzzy on the whole Kate/Nick conversation too.

BJ Deveraux
Member Avatar

She is most assuredly obsessed. I cannot think of one thing she has said or done since she got back from spreading Jack's ashes that was not related to Dr. Douche in some way. EVERY single conversation she has had with ANYONE, she brings up his name. With Abby, with Brady at the HTS when they blew off the bereavement support group, with Kayla. If she is not obsessed I don't know what qualifies... And ITA, this guy is a sleazy douche. She is jealous pure and simple. It's pathetic that the writers think they can repeat the 1990 Jennifer chasing Jack who feels unworthy. Daniel IS unworthy. Although this version of Jennifer is no prize so good enough for her. No self respecting woman in her 40's is going to chase after any man. Even a good one.
Edited by BJ Deveraux, Oct 11 2012, 09:19 AM.

camera shy

Man, I'm so sick and tired of Maggie talking to Daniel like she raised him from a baby. They're so heavy handed with the 'My son' and him calling her 'Mom'. I remember when Daniel was busy chasing after the very married Chloe and Maggie would get up in his face and warn him to stay away from Chloe. And does Lucas know that his Aunt Maggie has new found son Daniel? If not, I would love to see Lucas reaction to hearing the whole dumb egg story. I can hear his response to it, "And you didn't go back to drinking?" Days needs to add little moments like this, although they did manage to catch one with John and Lucas' response to EJ and Rafe fighting.

camera shy

BJ Deveraux
Oct 11 2012, 09:18 AM
She is most assuredly obsessed. I cannot think of one thing she has said or done since she got back from spreading Jack's ashes that was not related to Dr. Douche in some way. EVERY single conversation she has had with ANYONE, she brings up his name. With Abby, with Brady at the HTS when they blew off the bereavement support group, with Kayla. If she is not obsessed I don't know what qualifies... And ITA, this guy is a sleazy douche. She is jealous pure and simple. It's pathetic that the writers think they can repeat the 1990 Jennifer chasing Jack who feels unworthy. Daniel IS unworthy. Although this version of Jennifer is no prize so good enough for her. No self respecting woman in her 40's is going to chase after any man. Even a good one.
Even poor dead and blind Ray Charles could see that Jennifer has gone crazy. :D

Lil
Member Avatar

camera shy
Oct 11 2012, 09:22 AM
Man, I'm so sick and tired of Maggie talking to Daniel like she raised him from a baby. They're so heavy handed with the 'My son' and him calling her 'Mom'. I remember when Daniel was busy chasing after the very married Chloe and Maggie would get up in his face and warn him to stay away from Chloe. And does Lucas know that his Aunt Maggie has new found son Daniel? If not, I would love to see Lucas reaction to hearing the whole dumb egg story. I can hear his response to it, "And you didn't go back to drinking?" Days needs to add little moments like this, although they did manage to catch one with John and Lucas' response to EJ and Rafe fighting.
Seriously...

Or after Parker was born when Taniel was a douche nozzle and kicked Chloe and child out, Maggie was the one who took her in and took care of her...not him.

Maggies sucks. Taniel is another cancerous limb that needs to be removed from the show. Someone mentioned somewhere bringing back Mike Horton. Why the Hell not?! He's been recast before it wouldn't bother me if it were a new actor. Just someone who is a REAL Horton representing the Hortons would be nice. Pod Jennifer and Taniel-worshipping Maggie ain't doing it for me.

Another thing that bugs me is Victor preferring to interact with the Orange one and Brady, but not with Justin, Adrienne or Sonny (hardly ever anyway). The fuck?!?! !?!

SocRMum1
Member Avatar
Much prefers sweevil, snarky EJ over Father Figure Fucktard Eejiot.

camera shy
Definitely agree. It's silly that Maggie is having such a strong reaction to her son of a year moving away when not a danged one of her other children haved lived near her for years. If anything, you'd think she'd encourage him to get away to give both he and Jennifer some breathing room. Instead, these writers had Maggie playing matchmaker less than a day after Jack died...and she's been ramping it up since then.

It makes me sad that characters I used to really care about and root for such as Jennifer and Maggie have become so unlikable. :shame:

Peter Reckell and Peggy McKay were absolutely stellar in yesterday's show. This storyline is going to be so touching - I really hope they continue to play the right beats with it.

camera shy

Lil
Oct 11 2012, 09:39 AM
camera shy
Seriously...

Or after Parker was born when Taniel was a douche nozzle and kicked Chloe and child out, Maggie was the one who took her in and took care of her...not him.

Maggies sucks. Taniel is another cancerous limb that needs to be removed from the show. Someone mentioned somewhere bringing back Mike Horton. Why the Hell not?! He's been recast before it wouldn't bother me if it were a new actor. Just someone who is a REAL Horton representing the Hortons would be nice. Pod Jennifer and Taniel-worshipping Maggie ain't doing it for me.

Another thing that bugs me is Victor preferring to interact with the Orange one and Brady, but not with Justin, Adrienne or Sonny (hardly ever anyway). The fuck?!?! !?!
Yes! I had forgotten all about Maggie taking Chloe in. And does Daniel know Victor's role in the whole sorrowful egg story? I don't think he does. Who would have thought that we would have ended up with this horrible character being front and center on this show? :shrug:

camera shy

And what about Maggie pushing Jennifer to go after Daniel right after Jack died? We did see her seriously mourn Mickey's passing and I'm sure the last thing on her mind was hooking up with someone else so why is she pushing Jennifer to do it so soon?

six
Member Avatar

I'm not enjoying MR's performance at all. There's no nuance; she's just in balls to the wall raging harpy mode. The Jen apologist in me really wants to embrace the story that she's reacting this way out of grief, but I can't until somebody, either the show or MR, does something to make it believable, by actually showing Jennifer in pain, instead of just rage and anger. Brady and Billie's armchair psychoanalysis isn't going to be enough.

The Caroline/Bo scenes were painful to watch, but in a good way.

I like that Kate is doing a bit of scheming, but it seems kind of unnecessary when there's no way Kate would have to play dirty to outmaneuver Sami in the business world.

BeeBee
Member Avatar

DrewHamilton
Romancer66
DrewHamilton

I like her.
We all see the same show but we don't all process what we see and hear in the same way.This is why I watch the show in addition to reading the daily write ups and spoilers.
There are different degress of friendship.I have friends I have known since grade school,some only since college,and others I have met at various stages of my life.What I will say to them differs depending on the closeness of the relationship but I cannot imagine confronting someone else on their behalf because I believed a friend was making a mistake.I have had siblings making what I thought were mistakes in their relationships.I have said plenty to them but nothing to the other party and would not do so unless I thought the friend/relative was in actual physical danger.Relatively speaking Jennifer has not really known Daniel all that long.I could accept her disliking Nicole and telling Daniel how and why she believes Nicole is bad for him but not getting in Nicole's face calling her a tramp and forbidding her to have contact with Daniel. I don't understand why the writers have Jennifer saying Nicole is the worst human being she has ever known given that she knows EJ/Stefano and has been raped.I don't see that the writers have put forth a believable basis for the actual hatred Jennifer for Nicole.This is why I don't like Jennifer.
I see Nicole as a person who has lost in rapid sucession,a mother,a long time good friend in Chloe,a relationship with her sister Taylor,a person she loved and thought loved her in EJ,her miracle baby,a man she thought she could build a life with in Daniel,a friend in Brady whom she heard warning Daniel against her,and perhaps a friend she could confide with Rafe reuniting with Sami and despartely grabbing for the one person she thinks she can hold onto after Daniel agreeing to go to Utah with her.This is why I agree Nicole is being maniputlative and dishonest but I don't see her as a bitch.

BeeBee
Member Avatar

Romancer66
DrewHamilton
Romancer66
DrewHamilton

I like her.

I despise her.
I have to give this post two (2) thumbs up.I totally agree with every single word you posted.

BeeBee
Member Avatar

Lil
Oct 11 2012, 09:10 AM
Romancer66
DrewHamilton
Romancer66

Quoting limited to 4 levels deep

I like her.

I despise her.
I should have read this before posting... lol Awesome.

I LOVED when Kayla said that to her!!!
I'm glad you didn't see it and posted as well.Loved every word.It just confirms what I too am seeing and hearing when watching the show.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Create a free forum in seconds.
Learn More · Sign-up for Free
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply