Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Tues Ratings: NBC Rebounds Big!; First time in 9 years they are #1 three days in a row
Topic Started: Oct 10 2012, 01:21 PM (451 Views)
Rick
Member Avatar
Dreamlander

Adults 18-49
The Voice 4.5/13 (+1.6)
NCIS 3.3/10 (-.3)
NCIS: Los Angeles 2.9/8 (-.2)
Go On 2.8/7 (+.6)
New Girl 2.7/7 (-.1)
Dancing with the Stars 2.1/6 (same)
The New Normal 2.0/6 (+.3)
Parenthood 2.0/6 (+.3)
Vegas 2.0/5 (-.1)
The Mindy Project 1.9/5 (same)
Raising Hope 1.8/5 (+.1)
Private Practice 1.6/4 (same)
Ben And Kate 1.5/4 (-.1)
Dancing with the Stars: All Stars (Clip show) 1.2/4
Hart Of Dixie 0.4/1
Dr. Horrible's Sing Along Blog 0.2/1
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Rick
Member Avatar
Dreamlander

This is the first time since 2003 that NBC has ranked #1 (18-49) three consecutive days. (Sunday, Monday, and Tuesday)

NBC is also ranked #1 in demos for the first two weeks of the new season.

Matt
Member Avatar
Classic Soap Fan

It's also solely because of The Voice & Sunday Night Football and not its scripted programming.

OliveAnn

NBC is really doing well. It's nice to see it make a comeback.

This years is supposed to be the make-it-or-break-it year fro the CW, right? The way it's started, I'm afraid it'll break it.

Kevc1980
Member Avatar

Matt
Oct 10 2012, 01:27 PM
It's also solely because of The Voice & Sunday Night Football and not its scripted programming.
The Voice and Football are the main reason yes. But The Voice is working really well in getting people to check out the new shows. It's becoming a very strong anchor for NBC. Revolution is a big hit so far and with these ratings Go On, New Normal, and Parenthood are fairing very well all at 2.0 and above. Parenthood had a huge jump this week. Highest ratings in years from what I read.

px780
Member Avatar
Streetcorner Philosopher

I think the NBC scripted stuff is strong in the new sense of the word, but from what I can tell nothing is hitting this season in a juggernaut sort of way, like, for example, Lost and Desperate Housewives did, or even like Once Upon a Time did last season. I also don't feel like their shows are making any kind of cultural impact.

I wish more people would watch Ben & Kate and The Mindy Project. I love those shows. Once Happy Endings come back, I'll have a solid night of comedy to watch for the first time in years.

Kevc1980
Member Avatar

I'm watching both the New Normal and Mindy Project. And will probably start watching Happy Endings when it starts. Tuesday has become my favorite night for TV comedies.

Southofsoap
Member Avatar

Matt
Oct 10 2012, 01:27 PM
Thats only half the story. The other half is CBS and FOX are each down 25% this season in demos while ABC is 20% down. And the CW, well...

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · Primetime Ratings Archive · Next Topic »
Add Reply