Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Friday, October 12th Daily Discussion
Topic Started: Oct 11 2012, 01:17 PM (8,954 Views)
Cherianne

Courtneya6688
Oct 11 2012, 02:36 PM
I think it would be considered manslaughter but im not sure. Either way its nicoles word against jens. Billie and brady seen nicole fall but not jen push her so the case would hardly stand up in court
I think you are correct, there isn't enough solid evidence to convict her. Just circumstantial, although sometimes that is enough.

I don't really want her to go to jail, I just want people to quit putting her on a pedestal she doesn't belong on. You know, that one she put herSELF on? She behaved badly enough in this whole situation that it is feasible for people to believe that she pushed Nicole. That might make her stop and think about what a bitch she has been for the past year and a half.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

esp13
Member Avatar

Cherianne
Oct 11 2012, 03:01 PM
Courtneya6688
I think it would be considered manslaughter but im not sure. Either way its nicoles word against jens. Billie and brady seen nicole fall but not jen push her so the case would hardly stand up in court
I think you are correct, there isn't enough solid evidence to convict her. Just circumstantial, although sometimes that is enough.

I don't really want her to go to jail, I just want people to quit putting her on a pedestal she doesn't belong on. You know, that one she put herSELF on? She behaved badly enough in this whole situation that it is feasible for people to believe that she pushed Nicole. That might make her stop and think about what a bitch she has been for the past year and a half.
The cops don't make the charges, the prosecutor does. So it doesn't really matter what Jen was arrested for, the prosecutor will decide what charges are brought against her. All Roman needs for the arrest is probable cause to believe a crime has been committed. He has that. The prosecutor will then review the evidence and decide whether there is enough to charge her with murder or manslaughter or nothing at all.

Cherianne

Very true. Roman has enough to arrest her, for sure. Charging her with a crime is another matter.

nolagirl
Member Avatar

Cherianne
Oct 11 2012, 02:29 PM
Losing a full term baby is not a miscarriage, it is a still birth. I think most states would call this some kind of manslaughter, not murder.
Exactly on both counts -baby has to be so far along before it's not considered a fetus but a child, Nicole was ready to give birth within weeks. Murder means Jenn premediated which she didn't, manslaughter means accidental death caused by someone. At this point I could care less about Jenn going to jail for it, think she should go to a psych ward though, my biggest problem is gonna be watching Daniel fall all over himself to help her. Dannifer sucks :flipoff:

Cherianne

nolagirl
Oct 11 2012, 03:12 PM
Dannifer sucks :flipoff:
Amen to that.

They are boring, boring, boring.

Part of the wonderfulness that was JnJ was that although Jack adored her, he wasn't blind to her faults and was willing to call her on them when he thought it was for her own good. Daniel thinks she hung the moon, and she apparently thinks the same of him. Together, they are a couple of self-righteous, judgmental twits who think they never made a mistake in their life. Can we say "denial?"

And THAT? Is boring, annoying and disgusting.

Plus, they have absolutely not the slightest HINT of chemistry.

I like her better with BRADY than I do with Daniel, although no one could ever be acceptible to me with her except Jack. And then only if we get the real Jenn back.

And at least Daniel and Nicole were HOT......and they had fun.

Mitchapalooza
Member Avatar
Killing myself slowly

This was a great episode - minus SAFE of course.

LOVED Kristen making fun of Chad and saying that meeting him was certainly not important to her...HAHA!

LanaluvsBroe
Member Avatar

Mitchapalooza
Oct 11 2012, 03:31 PM

LOVED Kristen making fun of Chad and saying that meeting him was certainly not important to her...HAHA!
I can't remember the last time you referred to an episode of Days as -"great". And you know if Mitch says it's great - then it's gotta be good. :popcorn:
Edited by LanaluvsBroe, Oct 11 2012, 03:38 PM.

Mitchapalooza
Member Avatar
Killing myself slowly

LanaluvsBroe
Oct 11 2012, 03:38 PM
Mitchapalooza
Oct 11 2012, 03:31 PM

I can't remember the last time you referred to an episode of Days as -"great". And you know if Mitch says it's great - then it's gotta be good. :popcorn:
Maybe "great" was a little to nice... :)

It certainly was dramatic...it for once was not boring.

JamaicanBeauty7
Member Avatar

six
Oct 11 2012, 02:48 PM
nolagirl
Oct 11 2012, 02:01 PM
Courtneya6688
Oct 11 2012, 01:39 PM
Ugh this sucks i cant believe they really killed this baby off. Nicole is going to break my heart tomorrow
^o) Let's see if I can predict Tom/Sell - Caroline's alzheimer storyline will help get Jennifer free when Caroline has a moment of clarity and tells what she heard. And as much as I hate to admit this Jennifer should be charged with manslaughter not murder, Murder means you premeditated the death, manslaughter means you accidently killed someone. Jeez I know it's a soap but stupid little things just irk me. So glad Tom/Sell killed a baby to give Dannifer their much needed angst.

:wow: IT is me or didn't Corday say a while back that there would be no more dead babies, or hurting of children for plot purposes, as usual a man of his word.

I think you're thinking about this:
Quote:

CORDAY: You know, he's not even here a year. In actuality, his stories did not start airing until last October, and then I let him basically run with the ball. So sometimes it's too much of a good thing. Letting the head writer have his reign is something you have to do, and then letting the head writer realize that we have to get out of story is also something that I have to do and he has to do...We don't have time now to experiment, to try things that in the past have been a tough sell. There are no-no's in daytime: Don't kill babies - we did that a year ago. Don't tell stories about people in mental institutions - we're doing that now. Try to keep people in town as opposed to "island stories" - doing that now. And don't put a lot of unfamiliar faces not only on the front burner, but as the hub of the story, the center of the wheel. So lesson learned, back to basics here.
So ISTM that he thinks telling dead baby stories is something Days can do, because they're not afraid of breaking the rules. ^o)

JamaicanBeauty7
Oct 11 2012, 02:23 PM
six
Oct 11 2012, 01:46 PM
lysie
Oct 11 2012, 01:29 PM

Quoting limited to 4 levels deep can you actually be arrested for murder of an unborn child? They should have made it assault or something.

Jennifer has been arrested twice this year.
Yes in some places.

ETA: Here's the page I found when I was wondering about this, but then I'm not a lawyer and don't know if there are loopholes I missed when I scanned the page.

link

leela46
Oct 11 2012, 01:46 PM
lysie
Oct 11 2012, 01:29 PM

Quoting limited to 4 levels deep
Maybe it depends on the state where the crime happened. I do know that Scott Peterson was convicted of murdering both his wife Laci and their unborn son. So yes you can be charged and convicted with killing an unborn child.

This episode sound so sad.

Yeah, but the state has to make a legislative change to their laws to make that happen. Feticide don't automatically fall into the murder category because they aren't "persons" under the law and it's a violation of someone's rights for adequate notice of the law. Let's hope Justin actually mentions that. Please soap writers, don't make me go crazy over this. All I need is one line: "In Salem, the killing of a fetus is a felony/murder" or at least mention the Unborn Victims of Violence Act.

Wouldn't those laws on the page count as a legislative change, though? Glad we have you here to share your expertise, JB. :)
Yes, it does. Thanks for the link. ;)
Edited by JamaicanBeauty7, Oct 11 2012, 03:43 PM.

The Room Stops
Member Avatar

You know, writers, it's a sad state of affairs when being Safe's cheerleaders for the vast majority of the episode is what your spoiler people turn into: "John and Marlena are closer than ever." I guess the people who cheer together... stay together?

nolagirl
Member Avatar

Cherianne
Oct 11 2012, 03:27 PM
nolagirl
Oct 11 2012, 03:12 PM
Dannifer sucks :flipoff:
Amen to that.

They are boring, boring, boring.

Part of the wonderfulness that was JnJ was that although Jack adored her, he wasn't blind to her faults and was willing to call her on them when he thought it was for her own good. Daniel thinks she hung the moon, and she apparently thinks the same of him. Together, they are a couple of self-righteous, judgmental twits who think they never made a mistake in their life. Can we say "denial?"

And THAT? Is boring, annoying and disgusting.

Plus, they have absolutely not the slightest HINT of chemistry.

I like her better with BRADY than I do with Daniel, although no one could ever be acceptible to me with her except Jack. And then only if we get the real Jenn back.

And at least Daniel and Nicole were HOT......and they had fun.
Not sure how I felt about Daniel with Nicole mainly because she was pregnant BUT I did like him as a person better, we was more laid back and seemed to enjoy how Nicole could always make him smile and surprise him with her actions.

I will say that if JnJ had to lose one I'd rather be watching Jack right now instead of Jenn, IMO Jack had more storyline options than little miss self righteous. I much prefer flawed characters and Jack was one. Always enjoyed watching Jack and Nicole bicker would have been much more entertaining that this crap.

bomber
Member Avatar

The Room Stops
Oct 11 2012, 03:43 PM
You know, writers, it's a sad state of affairs when being Safe's cheerleaders for the vast majority of the episode is what your spoiler people turn into: "John and Marlena are closer than ever." I guess the people who cheer together... stay together?
Well if they are in the same scene then I guess that means they are physically closer than they have been for an awfully long time. ;)

The Room Stops
Member Avatar

bomber
Oct 11 2012, 03:47 PM
The Room Stops
Well if they are in the same scene then I guess that means they are physically closer than they have been for an awfully long time. ;)
Oh, durrrr! I got it now! That's actually absolutely true.

Winterfaire

Courtneya6688
The charge of murder is for the arrest; in court (in trial) is when if determined by lawyers, jury, judge the charge could be lessened to manslaughter... or a slew of lesser charges.

Cherianne

nolagirl
Not sure how I felt about Daniel with Nicole mainly because she was pregnant BUT I did like him as a person better, we was more laid back and seemed to enjoy how Nicole could always make him smile and surprise him with her actions.

I will say that if JnJ had to lose one I'd rather be watching Jack right now instead of Jenn, IMO Jack had more storyline options than little miss self righteous. I much prefer flawed characters and Jack was one. Always enjoyed watching Jack and Nicole bicker would have been much more entertaining that this crap.
The problem with Jennifer is, she is PLENTY flawed. She just doesn't think she is. Same with Daniel.

I love MA. I always have. And I really do think he is the best actor the show has ever had. (Chandler Massey is pretty darned good, too) And you know what? Even this go-round, while he was basically groveling to Jenn (and the way in which he did it was out-of-character) I STILL believed him. Because he is just that good an actor!

I like SC, and I like MR. It isn't the actors I don't like, it is the way their characters are being written. I liked MR before this go-round, and I liked SC when he was with Nicole. It isn't the actors, IT IS THE WRITING!

GAHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

nolagirl
Member Avatar

Cherianne
Oct 11 2012, 04:05 PM
nolagirl

The problem with Jennifer is, she is PLENTY flawed. She just doesn't think she is. Same with Daniel.

I love MA. I always have. And I really do think he is the best actor the show has ever had. (Chandler Massey is pretty darned good, too) And you know what? Even this go-round, while he was basically groveling to Jenn (and the way in which he did it was out-of-character) I STILL believed him. Because he is just that good an actor!

I like SC, and I like MR. It isn't the actors I don't like, it is the way their characters are being written. I liked MR before this go-round, and I liked SC when he was with Nicole. It isn't the actors, IT IS THE WRITING!

GAHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Totally agree it truly IS THE WRITING and the backstage politics that is what's wrong with Day's.

I actually like most of the actors on Day's with two exceptions :shutup: but I can't stand most of the writing for most of them. I always loved Jack (not so much Jenn) and of course I have my few favorites now. Nicole being one of the top ones, I think THE WRITERS aren't utilizing the truly great actors they have. They don't distribute the airtime to where you feel like the storylines and chracters are intermingled to some extent. Day's used to have characters who may be involved in a story of their own but pop up in another characters orbit just because they are related. The old Day's remembered the small things like that, the new Day's forget's what I call the Dominoe Effect. When they have someone do something they need to remember all the characters it might effect all the way around.

WillFan
Member Avatar

Days Preview 10-12-12

Bo, Kayla, Caroline, Kristen, Stef.Brady,Nicole, Billie, Nicole & Others

http://youtu.be/duqldmTxWAI

DiMeraFan67
Member Avatar

I was feeling good about Nicole's baby being alive when Cameron was involved in this. EJ or Stefano could have gotten him to do this and used Lexie wanting them to be family as a reasoning. Even this random Dr. Knapp. But Maxine all, but ended that theory. The baby is dead.

Dreamer
Gone, But Not Forgotten!

Cherianne
Losing a full term baby is not a miscarriage, it is a still birth. I think most states would call this some kind of manslaughter, not murder.
Funny that in Nicole's high risk pregnancy, that she wasn't induced to have the baby at an earlier dates. I'd say that 4-6 weeks before the due date would have been the smart thing. Salem doctors know shit!

LanaluvsBroe
Member Avatar

Dreamer
Oct 11 2012, 07:10 PM
Cherianne
Funny that in Nicole's high risk pregnancy, that she wasn't induced to have the baby at an earlier dates. I'd say that 4-6 weeks before the due date would have been the smart thing. Salem doctors know shit!
Which means they know more than the Salem PD. :shame:

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply