Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Friday, October 12th Daily Discussion
Topic Started: Oct 11 2012, 01:17 PM (8,904 Views)
supercool74
Member Avatar

I just can't believe that they are doing this to Nicole again. I'm still holding out hope that somewhere down the line that baby is going to end up alive, even if it is unfathomable how it could happen. My theory was going to be that Cameron was somehow not a good guy after all...the recast having something to do with it. Maybe the current guy just can't do dark. Have they ever said who Cameron's dad was? I was thinking maybe he was Stefano's also. I haven't seen it yet though...so if she actually holds the baby I don't see how the baby can still be alive, and Maxine is also there. BUT...I still get a weird vibe from that doctor Nicole saw. I just don't trust her. And to just blurt out..."Your baby is dead"....I mean..come on. The whole thing just seems fishy.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

camera shy

Courtneya6688
Oct 12 2012, 09:27 AM
And as far as nicoles family id vote for brandon to come back before taylor. But i think they should introduce a new character maybe a long lost sister or something that nicole has no history with that she can start fresh with
I always thought they should bring back the actress who played her mother as her aunt and she could be paired up with Abe. And instead of Cameron we could have gotten Brandon who could have given Nicole some family and also could have been a love interest for Gabi or Abby. And wasn't Abby friends with EJ years ago when he first came to town and they were both race car drivers. I was watching the show on and off then and it seems like I remember them being friends.

camera shy

supercool74
Oct 12 2012, 10:16 AM
I just can't believe that they are doing this to Nicole again. I'm still holding out hope that somewhere down the line that baby is going to end up alive, even if it is unfathomable how it could happen. My theory was going to be that Cameron was somehow not a good guy after all...the recast having something to do with it. Maybe the current guy just can't do dark. Have they ever said who Cameron's dad was? I was thinking maybe he was Stefano's also. I haven't seen it yet though...so if she actually holds the baby I don't see how the baby can still be alive, and Maxine is also there. BUT...I still get a weird vibe from that doctor Nicole saw. I just don't trust her. And to just blurt out..."Your baby is dead"....I mean..come on. The whole thing just seems fishy.
Babies have been declared stillborn by doctors and they weren't. How that happens with today's technology is a mystery, but it does happen. And it's just the way they had her lose the baby. It wasn't about a woman losing a child she desperatey wanted it was all about Jennifer and Sami and Rafe. And then to even include a scene where she's giving birth to a dead child is beyond offensive.

six
Member Avatar

camera shy
Oct 12 2012, 10:47 AM
Courtneya6688
And as far as nicoles family id vote for brandon to come back before taylor. But i think they should introduce a new character maybe a long lost sister or something that nicole has no history with that she can start fresh with
I always thought they should bring back the actress who played her mother as her aunt and she could be paired up with Abe. And instead of Cameron we could have gotten Brandon who could have given Nicole some family and also could have been a love interest for Gabi or Abby. And wasn't Abby friends with EJ years ago when he first came to town and they were both race car drivers. I was watching the show on and off then and it seems like I remember them being friends.
No, that was Stephanie, not Abby. It would be great if Brandon returned, but I wouldn't want to see him get paired with someone so young,

Courtneya6688
Member Avatar

How did brandon leave any way? I cant remember. It would give abe a good story if he returned as well

six
Member Avatar

The first time, he left after he found out Sami had tried to deceive him by changing Theo's paternity test. The second time, Sami was torn between Lucas and Brandon, so Brandon bowed out and left so lumi could create a stable family for Will.

BeeBee
Member Avatar

appleblossom
Oct 12 2012, 09:19 AM
lysie
Oct 12 2012, 06:26 AM
rpmaluki
Oct 12 2012, 01:53 AM
BeeBee
Oct 12 2012, 12:55 AM

Quoting limited to 4 levels deep
I know a lot of people expect Kristen's writing to be stellar but after this past year I seriously doubt it. I hate how so alone Nicole is (going to be after truth comes out), this is what I can't handle more than her baby dying. She doesn't have family to speak of or a true friend to lean on and that is too tragic for me right now.
I don't think anyone expects stellar writing. Hopes for it maybe.
I hate to say it, if Nicole does not have any true friends, it's her own fault. It would be cool if Brandon or Taylor made a cameo. She needs her family. Maybe Abe, Rafe, or Dan might bring some comfort to her. Who knows, maybe Maggie too, she is known for her compassion. I'm sure Maxine may talk to her.
Maxine made a crack about Nicole while Nicole was changing her address so I think we can cross her off the list.The behavior of Nicole is no more reprehensible than the behavior of Stefano,EJ,Kate,Victor,Sami,and potentially Gabi who are all allowed to have friends and family who love and support them.

JessicaLeigh
Member Avatar

lysie
Oct 11 2012, 01:29 PM
Quote:

Kristen - Chad. What kind of a name is Chad

I love her.

Meanwhile, I don't want to get into an abortion debate, but can you actually be arrested for murder of an unborn child? They should have made it assault or something.

Jennifer has been arrested twice this year.
Depends on the state and their individual laws. In California you can now be charged for the murder of an unborn fetus (see: Laci Peterson case) if the fetus was viable outside of the womb at the time of death. So, a full-term baby would definitely fall under that (as opposed to, say, someone miscarrying in their first trimester). It wasn't always the case in California (see: Sharon Tate case, where the baby's death was not included in the murder charges). If, in fictitious Salem, the police are operating under the theory that Nicole was pushed, then to me it makes sense they'd charge as murder (leaving aside any abortion-related debate).

JessicaLeigh
Member Avatar

leela46
Oct 11 2012, 01:46 PM
lysie
Oct 11 2012, 01:29 PM
Quote:

Kristen - Chad. What kind of a name is Chad

I love her.

Meanwhile, I don't want to get into an abortion debate, but can you actually be arrested for murder of an unborn child? They should have made it assault or something.

Jennifer has been arrested twice this year.
Maybe it depends on the state where the crime happened. I do know that Scott Peterson was convicted of murdering both his wife Laci and their unborn son. So yes you can be charged and convicted with killing an unborn child.

This episode sound so sad.
Apologies - I missed your post when I answered above. :$

This seems to make it crystal clear that they're not intending for Nicole's baby to survive at some later date, especially with the inclusion of Maxine. I can't see her being a part of any nefarious DiMera plots. If it were just a dodgy doctor or two, I'd still have hope. I also don't think they'd risk letting her hold him if he were alive. The baby's death is now tangled up in a criminal case and presumably an autopsy will be conducted, so I think his death is, sadly, a done deal. I won't see the episode until I watch it on Hulu tomorrow but I felt queasy and sad just reading it. I think I'm probably going to cry when I actually see it. Awful end to an utterly twisted, convoluted and pointless storyline. :flipoff: At least Jennifer is going to have to pay for her constant unhinged raving at a pregnant woman, but it's difficult to savor it when you know it's not going to last. Jennifer is also not wholly responsible for the situation, and despite being a vile shrew, I'm not sure she should have this on her conscience unless we know her behavior had a decisive impact on the baby's health. There is a lot Jennifer should be doing some soul-searching about though.

Edited by JessicaLeigh, Oct 12 2012, 12:40 PM.

Courtneya6688
Member Avatar

This episode is a real tear jerker. Az is fabulous and i hope after all is said and done she finally will have some happiness down the road

Mason
Member Avatar

Not enough Kristen for me.

trojangal
Member Avatar

six
Oct 12 2012, 11:20 AM
camera shy
Courtneya6688
No, that was Stephanie, not Abby. It would be great if Brandon returned, but I wouldn't want to see him get paired with someone so young,
Brandon could come back for Sami & Jennifer since he dated both in the past :drunk:

OliveAnn

six
camera shy
Courtneya6688
Actually, Abby was on friendly terms with EJ, too. I remember a scene from around 2006 when Abby was waiting for Max in his car shop and EJ was with her, telling her a story about how he won a race by dragging his car manually to the finish line or something like that.

Casey
Member Avatar
#BringBackMartha

Fuck this show! That left me disturbed and completely pissed off in a matter of sixty-minutes. I'm so over this shit. That baby's death was unforgivable.

FUCK YOU, TOMLIN.

FUCK YOU, WHITESELL!

AND FUCK YOU KEN CORDAY, YOU IMBECILIC ASSHOLE, FOR YOUR HALF-ASSED IDEA TO BRING THESE BRAINLESS HACKS BACK.

I'm watching now strictly for Marlena, John, and Kristen.

six
Member Avatar

trojangal
Oct 12 2012, 01:15 PM
six
camera shy
Courtneya6688
Brandon could come back for Sami & Jennifer since he dated both in the past :drunk:
That's my only reservation about Brandon. I liked brami, but there are enough men vying for Sami already.

OliveAnn
Oct 12 2012, 01:38 PM
six
camera shy
Courtneya6688
Actually, Abby was on friendly terms with EJ, too. I remember a scene from around 2006 when Abby was waiting for Max in his car shop and EJ was with her, telling her a story about how he won a race by dragging his car manually to the finish line or something like that.

Yeah, they definitely talked a couple times back then. I wouldn't say they were friends, since Jack shut that down pretty fast, but I guess you could. :)

lastDays
Member Avatar

Courtneya6688
Oct 12 2012, 09:25 AM
I just read on facebook that October is infant sids pregnancy loss month. Im sure the writters didnt know that when they wrote this story but i thought it was an interesting little piece of info.
tHESE writers sure did their part :drunk:

LanaluvsBroe
Member Avatar

"Momma's here" --- it was like being kicked in the gut. I hate this. I really really hate this. :'(

outrageous
Member Avatar

Lady Evol
Oct 11 2012, 11:49 PM
Not only can a person be charged with killing an unborn child (regardless of if the mother dies as well or not), a woman can be charged with murdering her own baby if she inhales or ingests chemicals that lead to her baby's death. So... Don't do drugs, kids.

Maybe Stefano had a look alike dead baby implanted in Nicole's uterus at some point. Just swapped the real Danny Raffy right out. It's about as realistic as a strong healthy full term baby just dying without warning in a matter of hours.
There was no way for anyone to know if Nicole's baby was healthy or not. It may have looked healthy on the ultrasounds, but something could have been wrong. I had a friend who went through the same thing. She had a pefectly healthy pregnancy, her baby moved a little too much, she went to the doctor who told her everything was fine, and then the baby died. She gave birth to a stillborn baby girl.

They may do an autopsy on Nicole's baby to find out the cause of death (that would further enforce that he's really dead), which would determine the time of death. That may be what gets Jennifer off the hook.

This baby looks like is really dead, but AZ mentioned in an interview that she'd like it if a baby from the past would show up. Maybe Nicole had a baby that she never mentioned before? I think we'll find out soon enough.
Edited by outrageous, Oct 12 2012, 07:45 PM.

deletemyaccountplease

Im amazed at the people on fb who think nicole deserved it

Guinevere
Member Avatar
Salem needs Jack Deveraux. Bring Back Matthew Ashford.

^I've been reading those comments too. I don't understand the opinion that Jennifer is Nicole's poor innocent victim either - as though Jennifer has just been happily minding her business and Nicole came along and got between her and Daniel (not that he's any loss or a great prize). Jennifer asked Nicole to move in and she started all the animosity with her constant berating and yelling. Those who are defending Jennifer seem to excuse her behaviour on her grieving (LOL) but Nicole's loss just hours earlier is karma or no excuse for temporarily losing her mind.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply