Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Friday, October 12th Daily Discussion
Topic Started: Oct 11 2012, 01:17 PM (8,913 Views)
deletemyaccountplease

Yup...its fucked up
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

bomber
Member Avatar

Reading those fb posts, if this is the audience Days is taking feedback from I can't see the show improving anytime soon.

mer4santo
Member Avatar
whaaaaaat?

AZ has been great with this material and no shock, I think it's great drama because something is actually HAPPENING which has consequence. I actually enjoyed the 2/3rds of the show which didn't include the moronic adolescent sap.

Guinevere
Member Avatar
Salem needs Jack Deveraux. Bring Back Matthew Ashford.

^I know. Jennifer belongs with Daniel..umm yeah OK. I'm really not sure why going a little nuts after learning your child is dead a few weeks from his birth means you're evil and manipulative and deserve what you get. Jennifer became obsessed with Daniel and Nicole days after Jack died and was constantly harassing Nicole..and Jennifer is the one who asked Nicole to move in (even though Nicole did have an agenda when she agreed that doesn't make Jennifer an innocent victim).

Edit - This is in response to bomber's post.

Deleted User
Deleted User

mer4santo
Oct 12 2012, 08:13 PM
AZ has been great with this material and no shock, I think it's great drama because something is actually HAPPENING which has consequence. I actually enjoyed the 2/3rds of the show which didn't include the moronic adolescent sap.
As awesome as Ari is, it would be nice to see characters other then her have actual consequences for their actions. :-/ Having her lose a baby again is just unforgivable. :shame:
Quote Post Goto Top

magicsteacher
Member Avatar

pennieloafer
Oct 12 2012, 07:39 PM
Im amazed at the people on fb who think nicole deserved it
It's not only on fb. Some of the boards are full of those comments. Really kind of sad.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

bomber
Member Avatar

magicsteacher
Oct 12 2012, 09:15 PM
pennieloafer
It's not only on fb. Some of the boards are full of those comments. Really kind of sad.
Sad thing is I think the writers think its all Nicole's fault too and that she deserves to lose her baby and be branded an evil witch. Luckily AZ can play subtext (even when the writers dont know it's there).

Casey
Member Avatar
#BringBackMartha

pennieloafer
Yep, I'm going to go after them with a chainsaw.
:bs:

Deleted User
Deleted User

The majority of people I've come across just on the internet wanted to see Nicole have her baby. I've seen even non-Nicole fans disgusted that they had Nicole pregnant this long only to have her give birth to a dead baby. I haven't checked out Facebook yet, but seriously if Days is listening to the people who think Dannifer is some kind of tragic love tale and that JenBitch is some poor innocent little victim in all this then this show is in deep trouble. :shame:

I really feel no sympathy for Jennifer at all getting arrested for murder. I actually feel like it's karma. She treated Jack like crap when he was alive, then when he dies she can't shed one tear for him and instead is all focused and butting into her ex's relationship with Nicole constantly harassing her while she's pregnant. Then Jennifer had Nicole to move into her house just to keep Nicole away from her ex who's she's so hot and bothered about when Jack is barely cold. Am I really supposed to be rooting for Jennifer? If Days wanted me to hate Jennifer they've succeeded but if they wanted me to root for her over Nicole, they have failed miserably.
Quote Post Goto Top

px780
Member Avatar
Streetcorner Philosopher

mer4santo
Oct 12 2012, 08:13 PM
AZ deserves a special prize for having to act all on her own, 'cause from my perspective she got very little help from anyone she was partnered with today. That's a frickin' skill.

Reeves was pretty good too, imho. I feel nothing for Jen, though.

I still feel like this could be so much better, all of it, with minor tweaks. What if Caroline was the only witness to the fall? Or if she was, and Kristen was a secret witness? It's like...stuff that would be really twisted and compelling soapy goodness for me is just out of reach. Sucks.

This shit with Stefano and Kristen should have been done like those miniplots MarDar did before they took over, imho. Like I need to watch 4 seconds of Stefano all "family" and Kristen like, "You just told me I only matter 'cause Lexie is dead so suck it. Also: Peter." Her return should've been more of a punch in the face, if only because of all they went through to get the actress.

annie21

Hopeless_Dreamer
Oct 12 2012, 09:31 PM
The majority of people I've come across just on the internet wanted to see Nicole have her baby. I've seen even non-Nicole fans disgusted that they had Nicole pregnant this long only to have her give birth to a dead baby. I haven't checked out Facebook yet, but seriously if Days is listening to the people who think Dannifer is some kind of tragic love tale and that JenBitch is some poor innocent little victim in all this then this show is in deep trouble. :shame:

Um... this show is in deep trouble... because, indeed, that's who they are listening to, since Tomlin is among that crowd.

Either that, or the FB posters do represent the actual core audience and thus the show really is in tune with them and is determined to give them what they want. :shrug:
I guess they'll all go down the ratings tube together... eventually. :hypnotize:
Edited by annie21, Oct 12 2012, 11:15 PM.

esp13
Member Avatar

Loved a lot of today's show. The Bo, Caroline, Kayla scenes were so well done. It's amazing to see PM given some really good material and doing so well with it. Peter and Mary Beth were great too, conveying so much emotion with just their reactions to Peggy. This story is going to be really emotional, I can tell.

The Kristen/Stefano scenes were good as well. I think I'm going to like Kristen.

And, as usual, AZ was awesome. I felt like MR even stepped up her game a bit. Eric Martsolf was better than he has been in a while, too. And for all the grief that SC gets, I thought he was really good yesterday and today, particularly his moment outside the hospital room.

I FF though anything involving the triumvirate of suck so I can't comment on that.

BeeBee
Member Avatar

bomber
Oct 12 2012, 08:04 PM
Reading those fb posts, if this is the audience Days is taking feedback from I can't see the show improving anytime soon.
Taking their cues from facebook posts atleast explains why the writing is what it is but I don't believe its a winning strategy.Face book posts have lead to people getting fired,not getting hired,divorce,losing friends,getting sued,losing lawsuits,being arrested,assaulted,robbed,and killed.If they are guided by facebook posts I can see getting a show canceled being added to this list.

am103
Member Avatar

This was an all-around good episode.

I hate that they are doing this to Nicole again. It was horrific and painful to watch, but this is Arianne Zucker's Emmy episode for sure. If she submits this next year, she'll have it in the bag. I teared up when Nicole held her baby and sobbed. Such a powerful and emotional scene.

They need to show more of Kristen. I get that they are only using her a little for the first couple of weeks to get the audience interested, but I'm ready for her to start acting crazy. Like now.

I also LOVED Jennifer getting arrested at the end of the episode. I love Jen, but the writing for her has been horrible since Jack's death and this just kind of seems justified. I'm hoping that there will be a secret November Sweeps twist and Jack is actually alive, so he can come knock some sense into Jen!

Courtneya6688
Member Avatar

Ive actually read a few boreds other than this one the last couple days and im amazed at how much people hate nicole and thinks she deserved it

Deleted User
Deleted User

Courtneya6688
Oct 13 2012, 03:32 PM
Ive actually read a few boreds other than this one the last couple days and im amazed at how much people hate nicole and thinks she deserved it
Even if I didn't like Nicole I'd feel horrible for her. In my opinion nobody deserves to lose a child not once but twice. :'( It's just unforgivable.

At the most Nicole should have lost Tan to Jen and been allowed to have her child, which would be no such loss anyways since Tan is such a douchebag anyways.
Quote Post Goto Top

Casey
Member Avatar
#BringBackMartha

Courtneya6688
Oct 13 2012, 03:32 PM
Posted Image

...just saying! ;)

granolagirl
Member Avatar

I enjoyed Thursday and Friday quite a bit. Nice balance between different kinds of stories and good editing. Even the music seemed better.

lazydazes
Member Avatar

didn`t mardar do the same---think that fbook was the gospel? Yeah and look where it got them and the show. Nowhere. As for those that think that nicole deserved it, well, generally they aren`t nicole fans anyway. And what does a poor innocent baby have to do with any coupling? Kill a baby just so a couple of duddy losers can be together? Yeah that makes a lot of sense (sarcasm alert). Screw the fanbase wars. I just wanted nicole to have her baby. And all these `deserving` arguments are just crazy to me. Three-fourths of salem wouldn`t even have kids if we`re going by `good deeds`. A lot of the town`s so-called good citizens have skeletons breakdancing in their closets. As for dannifer, i have never seen their appeal. But i can say that jenn has been on my shit list since the colin days. That`s when jenn died for me. I can`t stand the bitch although i still have tons of j&j dusty vcr tapes.
I will say though that AZ has played every heartwrenching moment perfectly. And i have been absolutely riveted by her performance. And i was extremely happy to see kristen & stefano back. Can`t wait for that story. Doc and John are going to freak out. And i am eager to see where nicole`s story goes. And i`m enjoying nick/gabi and wilson. So while tomsell, aren`t perfect, i am at least watching again.

Southofsoap
Member Avatar

granolagirl
Oct 13 2012, 04:58 PM
I enjoyed Thursday and Friday quite a bit. Nice balance between different kinds of stories and good editing. Even the music seemed better.
I watched both in a row and agree, it seems the pace and dialogue improved a lot too.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Create a free forum in seconds.
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply