Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Friday, October 12th Daily Discussion
Topic Started: Oct 11 2012, 01:17 PM (9,079 Views)
lene
Member Avatar

Courtneya6688
Oct 12 2012, 12:46 PM
This episode is a real tear jerker. Az is fabulous and i hope after all is said and done she finally will have some happiness down the road
If Gabi is pregnant, maybe she'll get to adopt that kid. :shrug:
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Nate
Member Avatar

This episode was so sad.. Nicole lost it :(

God.. They should have fired Melissa and keep Matt :glare:

Kevin_Buchanan
Member Avatar

Not too sad, because 1) Nicole's baby WAS ALREADY DEAD, 2) Noone has mentioned the scalpel that Nicole had in her purse, Nicole was obviously aiming to hurt or kill Jennifer, 3) Nicole is LYING her ass off, 4) Jennifer Didn't push the murdering whore, 5) Nicole deserved the fall down the stairs, she was grabbing Jennifer's arm, 6) Nicole is such a liar, even in pain from falling down the stairs, she's scheming, lying that Jenn pushed her, 7) after all the lies Nicole's told and the way she's manipulated Daniel, Jennifer & Abby, she deserved to lose the baby, 8) definitely don't want any Walkers back except maybe Brandon for Nicole's funeral, 9) It's time for Nicole Walker to be killed off. That said I think Arianne Zucker is a good actress and hopefully she will get a better role somewhere else, maybe primetime.

Kevin_Buchanan
Member Avatar

bomber
Oct 12 2012, 09:29 PM
magicsteacher
Oct 12 2012, 09:15 PM
pennieloafer
Oct 12 2012, 07:39 PM
Im amazed at the people on fb who think nicole deserved it
It's not only on fb. Some of the boards are full of those comments. Really kind of sad.
Sad thing is I think the writers think its all Nicole's fault too and that she deserves to lose her baby and be branded an evil witch. Luckily AZ can play subtext (even when the writers dont know it's there).
Nicole Walker IS an evil witch, a murdering whore, a bitch!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :soapbox:
Edited by Kevin_Buchanan, Oct 14 2012, 08:42 PM.

Nate
Member Avatar

Kevin_Buchanan
Oct 14 2012, 08:34 PM
Not too sad, because 1) Nicole's baby WAS ALREADY DEAD, 2) Noone has mentioned the scalpel that Nicole had in her purse, Nicole was obviously aiming to hurt or kill Jennifer, 3) Nicole is LYING her ass off, 4) Jennifer Didn't push the murdering whore, 5) Nicole deserved the fall down the stairs, she was grabbing Jennifer's arm, 6) Nicole is such a liar, even in pain from falling down the stairs, she's scheming, lying that Jenn pushed her, 7) after all the lies Nicole's told and the way she's manipulated Daniel, Jennifer & Abby, she deserved to lose the baby, 8) definitely don't want any Walkers back except maybe Brandon for Nicole's funeral, 9) It's time for Nicole Walker to be killed off. That said I think Arianne Zucker is a good actress and hopefully she will get a better role somewhere else, maybe primetime.
Wait... I missed a little of DAYS... Nicole's baby was already dead? :-/

Courtneya6688
Member Avatar

Yes she went in for a doctors appointment last week and the baby was stillborn

Kriss4

Kevin_Buchanan
Um...welllll....yeah.

Okay, so yes, Nicole is lying through her teeth. And yes, even in pain and suffering great heartache, she's out to destroy Jennifer for daring to call her on her manipulation of Daniel. Jennifer can see everything Nicole's doing pretty clearly and Nicole hates that, of course. She WANTS Daniel, and she's determined to GET Daniel, and Jennifer is definitely in the way, so Nicole is eliminating an obstacle in her path. And hey, no better way to accomplish that than to make sure Jennifer goes to PRISON for a "murder" that Nicole knows never happened. No big deal, right? Nicole's a liar, and she's a manipulator, and she's determined to get her way, no matter what price Jennifer pays.

So, yeah. Nicole's wrong. Very wrong. Ordinarily, I'd hate her for this. Didn't I hate it when Victor made people look guilty when they weren't? Didn't I feel sorry for Kim when Victor was out to get her? For Bo when he had to deal with the fact that Victor was his father? For Kayla, when Victor framed her for a murder she didn't commit? Yes, I did. I felt terrible for them. Just terrible. And I wanted to get Victor! He was evil. He scared me.

So...I should feel more for Jennifer in this situation, too. I should.

But somehow, Jennifer's not coming across too sympathetically to me. She's right in what she's saying about what Nicole's up to, but she's like an attack dog with a bone. She's been very "in your face" toward everyone, even friends who have the temerity to care about her. She's yelling and screaming at everyone. She won't listen to ANYONE, even though they're giving sound advice.

If it were more over Jack, I'd get it. And I think Jack IS ultimately at the root of it all...but the fact that she's so obsessed over Daniel's situation when Jack just died bugs the hell out of me. Daniel, Daniel, Daniel....It's all she ever really talks about. It's all she seems to CARE about. Why isn't she talking more about Jack? Why isn't she more worried about Jack, Jr. who's a kid and who's grieving? She's so into whatever Nicole's doing to Daniel that she can't see anything else. It's annoying.

And...as puzzling as this can be for me, I LIKE Nicole. I respond to Nicole. I have responded to Jennifer in the past....cuz I did love her for a long time. But she isn't JENNIFER anymore. She's kind of like a stranger that I don't know. And she's verbally attacking people left and right. I don't really understand her at the moment, and once you lose the ability to understand a character, it's hard to sympathize with that character.

Nicole I understand, even though I acknowledge how wrong she is in this. Nicole's actually just like everyone else. She's looking to find someone to love her, and everytime she turns around, she always loses what she sets her heart on. If that happened to Jennifer all the time, who's to say she wouldn't be a lot more like Nicole than she'd like to think she would?

annie21

Kevin_Buchanan
Another way to look at it is: 1) Nicole's baby dying so late in the pregnancy is sad no matter what; and one has to wonder how much the stress of constantly being berated, harangued and cursed by Jennifer on an almost daily basis for weeks was a factor in that; 2) AZ asserted in an interview her view that Nicole took the scalpel initially to possibly cut herself as a way to deal with unbearable pain. Yes, Nicole pulled the scalpel out briefly when she saw Jennifer, but to my knowledge the scalpel was not out and visible during the confrontation on the stairs; 3) If not actually lying, Jennifer was less than honest when she issued her supposed sympathetic invitation to Nicole to stay in her home -- she certainly is not going to win any hostess-of-the-year awards, and she has been snooping and sneaking around and butting her nose into where it doesn't belong -- even to the point of breaking hospital rules, ethics codes, and perhaps HIPPA laws; 4) Jennifer has done almost nothing but threaten violence against Nicole for weeks now. She's slammed things and thrown things -- even to the point of injuring her own hand in the process. That's why people like Brady and Billie are considering that it's at least a possibilty that a push occurred; 5) both of these women were locked in combat for months, but to say that either one deserved a potentially fatal fall during one of their over-the-top, childish, stoo-pid encounters is stretching the bounds of human compassion; 6) even while supposedly grieving the death of her one-true-love husband, Jennifer has done nothing but snoop and pry and harangue and berate since the day she got back from spreading her dead husband's ashes. She's had little to no interaction with her daughter, has completely ignored her son -- even though both are sincerely grieving the loss of their father. Meanwhile, she is almost fanatical in her dedication to her "friend" and "savior" Daniel, to the point that she's willing to cover up his crimes and ethics violations and explain away his sexual misconduct. Her hypocrisy is galling and she should be choking on it; 7) no one "deserves" to lose their baby, and the innocent baby certainly doesn't deserve to be lost; 8) your sentiment about Nicole is similar to those who want Jennifer to die or be sent away to a mental hospital; 9) see number 8.

I haven't really followed Nicole one way or another, but I have been a fan of Jennifer (and MR) for years, and I'd still like to be today. However, this show and its writers are determined to trash the character and sacrifice her on the altar of Daniel/Dannifer. I can't overlook that, nor can I defend or rationalize or explain away her offensive behavior of late. I can only pray that she will be rescued from this abominable writing at some point. Meanwhile, she's unwatchable to me as written.

lysie
Member Avatar

I'm not finding either character particularly rootable, but I certainly don't think Jennifer is at fault. It's not a requirement to be nice to pregnant people and her length of time mourning Jack isn't a crime either (though it is annoying), and Nicole could have moved if it was just so stressful. The whole thing could be written and acted better, but I don't think the set up really provides a "she had this coming" scenario for either character. No one ever "deserved" a miscarriage and Jennifer's current faults, numerous though they may be, in no way equate to deserving taking the fall for a murder that didn't even happen.

annie21

^^ I didn't mean to imply that Jennifer deserves a murder rap -- far from it. Besides, we all know what this setup is really about -- a means for having Jennifer be a helpless victim who needs to be rescued and taken care of by brave and heroic Daniel. Dr. Dan seems to only be attracted to women when they're helpless and needy -- hence his current situation of being "torn" between two women who used to be strong and feisty and independent but who have had to be reduced to pathetic shells of their former selves in order to serve the almighty plot.

Lil
Member Avatar

I loved AZ in this episode. Soooo good. If not for Rafe & SlamPig I would have enjoyed Thurs. & Fri. completely.

Romancer66

annie21
Oct 14 2012, 11:56 PM
^^ I didn't mean to imply that Jennifer deserves a murder rap -- far from it. Besides, we all know what this setup is really about -- a means for having Jennifer be a helpless victim who needs to be rescued and taken care of by brave and heroic Daniel. Dr. Dan seems to only be attracted to women when they're helpless and needy -- hence his current situation of being "torn" between two women who used to be strong and feisty and independent but who have had to be reduced to pathetic shells of their former selves in order to serve the almighty plot.
Yes, all those helpless, clingy, dependent women all panting with need, begging Dr. Dan to save them, as only he can . . . what's a guy with a ginormous God complex to do? :rolleyes:

BeeBee
Member Avatar

Kevin_Buchanan
I can't see that a baby deserves to die because one or both of their parents is engaging in reprehensible behavior.If the behavior of the parent is the determing factor in whether the child deserves to live,Stefano,Victor,Kate,EJ,and Sami should be childless.
Edited by BeeBee, Oct 15 2012, 10:53 AM.

supercool74
Member Avatar

Not sure if this was mentioned already but I find it funny that not too long ago Stefano was pretty much disowning EJ because he wasn't his biological son, yet here we have him talking to his "daughter" and how she is the only one to bring the family together...when she is NOT his biological daughter. That whole storyline just made no sense...and it never did. MarDar were idiots. It just makes it that much more evident because we have Kristen so soon after that fiasco. But the current writers haven't really done anything to explain it away either, so it still makes no sense.

NikiLani
Member Avatar

Practically everything written by MarDar was beyond stupid considering the history of this show. There was no basis for the directions they went. We are still reeling from the effects of their run.

camera shy

supercool74
Oct 15 2012, 11:19 AM
Not sure if this was mentioned already but I find it funny that not too long ago Stefano was pretty much disowning EJ because he wasn't his biological son, yet here we have him talking to his "daughter" and how she is the only one to bring the family together...when she is NOT his biological daughter. That whole storyline just made no sense...and it never did. MarDar were idiots. It just makes it that much more evident because we have Kristen so soon after that fiasco. But the current writers haven't really done anything to explain it away either, so it still makes no sense.
And didn't Stefano mastermind stealing Bop and Hope's son (the one who was ran over by Chelsea) to give to Lexie and to be raised a DiMera?

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply