Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Locked Topic
Daniel Believes Jennifer; Airs the week of October 15th
Topic Started: Oct 11 2012, 01:39 PM (4,784 Views)
Kenny
Member Avatar

This week's Soap Opera Digest features an article about Daniel and Jennifer.

Following her fight with Nicole that led to the stillbirth of Nicole's son, Jennifer ends up behind bars. Daniel pays her a visit to hear her side of the story.

Jennifer tells Daniel she didn't push Nicole on purpose and Daniel believes her.

At the hospital, Nicole tells Daniel that she told EJ the truth about her baby, which throws him for a loop. "Daniel realizes he could be in serious trouble for helping her cover up the truth," explains Shawn Christian.

Hope hires Jennifer a lawyer and Abigail pleads with Nicole to tell the truth about what happened at the town square. Later, Daniel questions Nicole and asks her if she could be wrong about Jennifer pushing her down the stairs.

Pick up the latest Digest for details!
Online Profile Goto Top

MissLola
Member Avatar

So glad that Ej and Nicole's baby's death is all about the awesome super couple that is Dannifer. :sarcasm: :flipoff: :moon:
Online Profile Goto Top

LanaluvsBroe
Member Avatar

Quote:

"Daniel realizes he could be in serious trouble for helping her cover up the truth," explains Shawn Christian.

In other words, the blood has finally left his penis and returned to his brain.
Offline Profile Goto Top

lily20

any idea what they keep pushing this stupid pairing when no one even likes them?
Edited by lily20, Oct 11 2012, 01:52 PM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Guinevere
Member Avatar
Salem needs Jack Deveraux. Bring Back Matthew Ashford.

So what's the point of this if everyone believes Jennifer anyway. People already dislike Nicole and probably feel no sympathy for her loss (after the initial news wears off). Unless this leads to EJ murdering Daniel for helping hide the truth from him then this is a complete waste of airtime (as is everything involving Daniel or Dannifer). I have no interest in seeing Daniel stand by Jennifer so we can all see how wonderful and perfect he is and how Dannifer are so meant to be - just because he may support her in her hour of need. And I'm sure we'll have to hear Jennifer going on and on about how he "saved" her life for a second time after this. :rolleyes:
Offline Profile Goto Top

Harmony233

wow how shocking not
Offline Profile Goto Top

Deleted User
Deleted User

So basically they kill off a baby that many wanted to see Nicole have for a pairing that the majority hate? Where is the logic in that? Either way I'm done. It's so obvious that only certain viewers matter to this show. :flipoff:
Goto Top

JamaicanBeauty7
Member Avatar
I am READY!!

In an effort to prevent my head from exploding, I'm going to assume that feticide is included in the murder statute or there is a separate fetal homicide statute for whatever jurisdiction Salem is in. If I can do that, I might like this s/l.
Edited by JamaicanBeauty7, Oct 11 2012, 02:11 PM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

LanaluvsBroe
Member Avatar

JamaicanBeauty7
Oct 11 2012, 02:09 PM
In an effort to prevent my head from exploding, I'm going to assume that feticide is included in the murder statute for whatever jurisdiction Salem is in. If I can do that, I might like this s/l.
What's the point though? Eventually they'll find out Nicole was lying and Jennifer will get off scott free while Nicole is hated by everyone. This child was sacrificed to provide angst for a couple that no one gives two shits about by a dumbass writer who should have never been hired in the first place. :flipoff:
Edited by LanaluvsBroe, Oct 11 2012, 02:14 PM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Romancer66

I don't know whether to yawn or puke at this spoiler. So I'll just shrug instead, and ask, as others have, what point is there to all this? If everyone close to Jen-Jen believes her, then where's the conflict?

Dead silence from MR on this story, but SC is now quite chatty about it and Dannifer. Wonder if that's because he's enthused about this godawful pairing or because he knows it's going to be short-lived so he won't have to promote it for long.
Online Profile Goto Top

BJ Deveraux
Member Avatar

Pointless and annoying. This show needs to be cancelled. Every single time the opportunity arises for a decent story (Nicole's grief over losing her son) they f it up and go with the stupid shit no one cares about. Nicole losing another child at full term has such potential for drama and should have NOTHING WHATSOEVER to do with these two fucking idiots and yet there it is! Jennifer is perfect!! Daniel is her perfect mate!!! Let's everyone celebrate. How about a cancellation party where all the good 80's stories are screened?
Offline Profile Goto Top

jackjenfan
Member Avatar

The only way I'll like this story is if it ends with Daniel and Jennifer going off into the sunset to prison, never to be seen again. I honestly cannot watch Jennifer now without hoping that someone would punch her in her smug nose. Her defending Daniel as the bestest holy saint ever just makes me hate her all the more. I have never hated a pairing as much as I hate these two characters together. Jack has been dead mere weeks and she's hardly given him a spare thought. And Daniel knew full well what he was getting into with Nicole. His big ol worry about his career now is just laughable and makes him look like a dumb hairy doofus. He got what he wanted with Nicole and then dropped her. Jennifer pushing that Nicole used Daniel just makes her seem like an ignorant idiot. All of his relationships have been with former patients. That should be telling Jennifer Rose what kind of man saint Danny boy really is. Please separate these three already!
Offline Profile Goto Top

px780
Member Avatar
Streetcorner Philosopher

Fuck it- I love this, it's so unintentionally awful.

Jen didn't push Nicole "on purpose." Awesome, so it was an accidental shove?

Dan believes Jen...and you know that part of why he ultimately turns on Nicole is that she tells EJ and he might get in trouble because of that. So he's not even really noble, his motives are a bit clouded, imho.

And that...those are our heroes. There's something kind of brilliant in that, imho. Though I'll change my mind later as it unravels, I'm sure.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Dakota
Member Avatar
World Cup June 12, 2014- July 13, 2014

Nicole can never win. I wanted her to have her baby. Anybody with Dr. Tan man. :puke: Dannifer. :puke:
Offline Profile Goto Top

Dreamer
Gone, But Not Forgotten!

(This week's Soap Opera Digest

Daniel realizes he could be in serious trouble for helping her cover up the truth," explains Shawn Christian.

LOL, Jen told him at least 3x that he was going to jeopardize his career with his involvement with Nicole. Daniel was go caught up in it he didn't think? Dumb.

I see Jen and Dan bonding over being taken down for their involvement with Nicole. I hope EJ goes after them both,.....then there is talk about Rafe wanting to get revenge? I am confused a little by this.

I don't think I can what Jennifer saving Daniel for anything.... Especially when she didn't really want to save Jack this last go round.

ICK factor 10 +. please get rid of this dr. Doctor and fast
Edited by Dreamer, Oct 11 2012, 05:40 PM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

nolagirl
Member Avatar

Since the writers seem to love reusing stuff can I go back to the 80's and relate the words of that diet guru lady

STOP THE INSANITY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OMG please NBC cancel this mess. :soapbox:
Offline Profile Goto Top

ChampagneRiver
Member Avatar

Does anybody still think this is leading to some big dramatic breakdown story for Jennifer? Because it sounds to me (like it always did) that it's just leading to the reunion of everyone's favorite truwuv couple, Dannifer.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Guinevere
Member Avatar

^Yeah it's pretty clear that's where it's heading. Clearly they're going to use Jennifer's "grieving" to excuse her behaviour this last couple of months (because god forbid any of her flaws be exposed and pointed out). Then they'll put away Jack's picture and never speak of him again so Daniel doesn't get his feelings hurt if they dare remember that Jennifer had a life before he came along. Still don't get what is the point of Daniel believing Jennifer other than for him to yet again be her saviour. So sick of them harping on Daniel's god-like status when not one person has bothered mentioning Jack's heroic actions when he died (which weren't his "job" and were totally selfless). Still no conflict equals no story..and once Chloe is back to next be sacrificed then what...?

Also I know this isn't to do with this article but I hate that Abby has been pretty much nowhere in the aftermath of Jack's death..why hasn't her POV been told? She should have all sorts of emotions about how and why Jack died but instead it's all about Jennifer's so called "grief".
Edited by Guinevere, Oct 11 2012, 06:29 PM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

bomber
Member Avatar

Guinevere
Oct 11 2012, 06:27 PM
^Yeah it's pretty clear that's where it's heading. Clearly they're going to use Jennifer's "grieving" to excuse her behaviour this last couple of months (because god forbid any of her flaws be exposed and pointed out). Then they'll put away Jack's picture and never speak of him again so Daniel doesn't get his feelings hurt if they dare remember that Jennifer had a life before he came along. Still don't get what is the point of Daniel believing Jennifer other than for him to yet again be her saviour. So sick of them harping on Daniel's god-like status when not one person has bothered mentioning Jack's heroic actions when he died (which weren't his "job" and were totally selfless). Still no conflict equals no story..and once Chloe is back to next be sacrificed then what...?

Also I know this isn't to do with this article but I hate that Abby has been pretty much nowhere in the aftermath of Jack's death..why hasn't her POV been told? She should have all sorts of emotions about how and why Jack died but instead it's all about Jennifer's so called "grief".
I think Daniel's going to be the only one who believes her and that's going to justify her falling in love with him again. It's also supposed to reinforce the idea that he is the one she can turn to in "her darkest hours". Just more crappy bs to try to sell the Dannifer trainwreck as a rootable couple. :( Chloe will just be another speed bump and Parker more collateral damage.

And Abby's absence is necessary because otherwise we might remember that Jack is the real hero in this story and we can't have that! :sarcasm:
Edited by bomber, Oct 11 2012, 06:36 PM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Guinevere
Member Avatar

But isn't she already in love with him? I mean that's what everyone has been telling us right. We don't need to see it because if the whole town says it then it must be true. And of course it's totally romantic for her to fall for him barely 2 months after..that other guy she was planning to marry happened to die tragically. Who cares how heroic and devoted he was..nothing compares to a guy who believes you when you tell the truth. :sarcasm:
Offline Profile Goto Top

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Locked Topic