Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Locked Topic
Daniel Believes Jennifer; Airs the week of October 15th
Topic Started: Oct 11 2012, 01:39 PM (5,033 Views)
BopeFanFromDay1

bomber
Oct 11 2012, 06:34 PM
Guinevere
Oct 11 2012, 06:27 PM
^Yeah it's pretty clear that's where it's heading. Clearly they're going to use Jennifer's "grieving" to excuse her behaviour this last couple of months (because god forbid any of her flaws be exposed and pointed out). Then they'll put away Jack's picture and never speak of him again so Daniel doesn't get his feelings hurt if they dare remember that Jennifer had a life before he came along. Still don't get what is the point of Daniel believing Jennifer other than for him to yet again be her saviour. So sick of them harping on Daniel's god-like status when not one person has bothered mentioning Jack's heroic actions when he died (which weren't his "job" and were totally selfless). Still no conflict equals no story..and once Chloe is back to next be sacrificed then what...?

Also I know this isn't to do with this article but I hate that Abby has been pretty much nowhere in the aftermath of Jack's death..why hasn't her POV been told? She should have all sorts of emotions about how and why Jack died but instead it's all about Jennifer's so called "grief".
I think Daniel's going to be the only one who believes her and that's going to justify her falling in love with him again. It's also supposed to reinforce the idea that he is the one she can turn to in "her darkest hours". Just more crappy bs to try to sell the Dannifer trainwreck as a rootable couple. :( Chloe will just be another speed bump and Parker more collateral damage.

And Abby's absence is necessary because otherwise we might remember that Jack is the real hero in this story and we can't have that! :sarcasm:
I wonder if this will lead to Jennifer being diagnosed with mental illness. Her mother suffers from it and it may be the only way that her character could be redeemed. With that said, I am not going to get my hopes up. This is Days after all and they are not known to utilize history very well.
Offline Profile Goto Top

bomber
Member Avatar

BopeFanFromDay1
Oct 11 2012, 06:50 PM
bomber
Guinevere
^Yeah it's pretty clear that's where it's heading. Clearly they're going to use Jennifer's "grieving" to excuse her behaviour this last couple of months (because god forbid any of her flaws be exposed and pointed out). Then they'll put away Jack's picture and never speak of him again so Daniel doesn't get his feelings hurt if they dare remember that Jennifer had a life before he came along. Still don't get what is the point of Daniel believing Jennifer other than for him to yet again be her saviour. So sick of them harping on Daniel's god-like status when not one person has bothered mentioning Jack's heroic actions when he died (which weren't his "job" and were totally selfless). Still no conflict equals no story..and once Chloe is back to next be sacrificed then what...?

Also I know this isn't to do with this article but I hate that Abby has been pretty much nowhere in the aftermath of Jack's death..why hasn't her POV been told? She should have all sorts of emotions about how and why Jack died but instead it's all about Jennifer's so called "grief".
I think Daniel's going to be the only one who believes her and that's going to justify her falling in love with him again. It's also supposed to reinforce the idea that he is the one she can turn to in "her darkest hours". Just more crappy bs to try to sell the Dannifer trainwreck as a rootable couple. :( Chloe will just be another speed bump and Parker more collateral damage.

And Abby's absence is necessary because otherwise we might remember that Jack is the real hero in this story and we can't have that! :sarcasm:
I wonder if this will lead to Jennifer being diagnosed with mental illness. Her mother suffers from it and it may be the only way that her character could be redeemed. With that said, I am not going to get my hopes up. This is Days after all and they are not known to utilize history very well.
I think they're going to change tack and Jen is going to start acting normally again - the focus will be on the false accusation and the fact that only Daniel believes her. This will make her more of a victim and make Dan more of a saviour. Nicole will be portrayed as the villain by continuing to blame Jen. Jen and Dan will fight to prove her innocence and their supercouple status will be immortalised forever :puke:

ETA i love this :puke: icon. It sums up the last couple of months perfectly!
Edited by bomber, Oct 11 2012, 06:59 PM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

BopeFanFromDay1

^^^^ You are most likely correct and I love that icon as well.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Guinevere
Member Avatar
Salem needs Jack Deveraux. Bring Back Matthew Ashford.

But it sounds like Abby and Hope believe her too..at least they support her. Makes me sick that they have created used two tragedies now to try and force Dannifer together. I can't see how this could be the least bit popular. Jennifer's excuse will be her non-existent grief then it'll never be mentioned again. I've never seen so much dislike for Jennifer all over yet they'll just gloss over it by blaming Jack (his death) and we're all supposed to love her again because she's been victimised (and just forget that Nicole has suffered a terrible tragedy herself but her actions wont be ignored through her grief...she'll just be evil and vindictive).

Jennifer needs a redemption not another insta-pairing. And until she admits her flaws and acknowledges her terrible behaviour towards first Jack and then Nicole she will never be redeemed in my eyes. Jennifer Rose is dead and gone as if she'd fallen down that shaft with Jack:(
Offline Profile Goto Top

Dreamer
Gone, But Not Forgotten!

The day they take Jack's pic off the mantle.......all hell is going to break loose!
Offline Profile Goto Top

Shick
Member Avatar
My reaction to current Y&R ...

I hate Daniel and wish he would have died in the DAYSaster back in August :)
Offline Profile Goto Top

onceinalifetime
Member Avatar

bomber
Guinevere

I love both of these posts...especially this:

not one person has bothered mentioning Jack's heroic actions when he died (which weren't his "job" and were totally selfless)

and this:

Abby has been pretty much nowhere in the aftermath of Jack's death..why hasn't her POV been told? She should have all sorts of emotions about how and why Jack died but instead it's all about Jennifer's so called "grief".

So true!
Offline Profile Goto Top

mae
Member Avatar

Kenny
Oct 11 2012, 01:39 PM
This week's Soap Opera Digest features an article about Daniel and Jennifer.

Posted Image

Offline Profile Goto Top

JamesScott_19
Member Avatar
Don't get up. So how are you? What happened, eh? Let me guess, Stefano told you that you could fly,and you jumped off a building. HeHe It's funny right, no I'm sorry Bad EJ, I should'nt be that cruel!

Does anyone really care about this? :facepalm:

The article alone did not prompt me to read this.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Dee-anne

onceinalifetime
Oct 11 2012, 07:38 PM
bomber
Guinevere

I love both of these posts...especially this:

not one person has bothered mentioning Jack's heroic actions when he died (which weren't his "job" and were totally selfless)

and this:

Abby has been pretty much nowhere in the aftermath of Jack's death..why hasn't her POV been told? She should have all sorts of emotions about how and why Jack died but instead it's all about Jennifer's so called "grief".

So true!
And Nicole's baby that we were looking forward to, was all about Dannifer angst and to give the overdone triangle EJ/Sami/Rafe somthing else to talk about on top of their constant talk about Sami.
Edited by Dee-anne, Oct 11 2012, 08:23 PM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

bomber
Member Avatar

Dreamer
Oct 11 2012, 07:25 PM
The day they take Jack's pic off the mantle.......all hell is going to break loose!
Since Nicole was the only one who took any notice of it I wouldn't be surprised if Jen packed it up with the rest of Nicole's stuff.
Offline Profile Goto Top

onceinalifetime
Member Avatar

Guinevere
Oct 11 2012, 07:08 PM
But it sounds like Abby and Hope believe her too..at least they support her. Makes me sick that they have created used two tragedies now to try and force Dannifer together. I can't see how this could be the least bit popular. Jennifer's excuse will be her non-existent grief then it'll never be mentioned again. I've never seen so much dislike for Jennifer all over yet they'll just gloss over it by blaming Jack (his death) and we're all supposed to love her again because she's been victimised (and just forget that Nicole has suffered a terrible tragedy herself but her actions wont be ignored through her grief...she'll just be evil and vindictive).

Jennifer needs a redemption not another insta-pairing. And until she admits her flaws and acknowledges her terrible behaviour towards first Jack and then Nicole she will never be redeemed in my eyes. Jennifer Rose is dead and gone as if she'd fallen down that shaft with Jack:(
You know what else fell down that elevator shaft? MR's acting skills. Since her return, Missy is acting her lines and emotions, putting emphasis on almost every word to show how angry Jennifer is,instead of making me feel Jennifer's anger or grief. She used to be so natural in portraying all emotions but now not so much. Her hand movements (hand or fingers to the forehead) looks so unatural and awkward. What happened to her talent?
Offline Profile Goto Top

Romancer66

onceinalifetime
Oct 11 2012, 08:28 PM
Guinevere
Oct 11 2012, 07:08 PM

You know what else fell down that elevator shaft? MR's acting skills. Since her return, Missy is acting her lines and emotions, putting emphasis on almost every word to show how angry Jennifer is,instead of making me feel Jennifer's anger or grief. She used to be so natural in portraying all emotions but now not so much. Her hand movements (hand or fingers to the forehead) looks so unatural and awkward. What happened to her talent?
Quickie diagnosis? Flabby acting muscles. Unlike MA, who's always working on something and keeps in continual practice, MR seems to go long years between soap stints--I've never heard of her taking on another acting gig after DAYS. So she hasn't had to stretch or grow as an actress since her 20s. And at this point, she can't squeak by on that fresh-faced ingenue thing anymore.

Her craft has suffered as a result of those long layoffs. So now, instead of digging deep and finding hidden meanings to play or to make her performance more interesting, she just goes for the surface appearance. So what we see now is "Jennifer is ANGRY. REALLY, REALLY ANGRY." Cue the yelling, screaming, finger-pointing, and all the other over-the-top behaviors that are making a lot of viewers just want to slap her into next year.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Kevin_Buchanan
Member Avatar

I hope Nicole breaks into Jennifer's house and breaks Jack's picture, maybe some of the Nicole lovers will start hating her then lol.
Offline Profile Goto Top

BeeBee
Member Avatar

Hopeless_Dreamer
Oct 11 2012, 02:02 PM
So basically they kill off a baby that many wanted to see Nicole have for a pairing that the majority hate? Where is the logic in that? Either way I'm done. It's so obvious that only certain viewers matter to this show. :flipoff:
I cannot imagine that the NBC and/or Corday and/or Meng think they can hang on to a lot of current viewers and gain new viewers by killing Nicole's baby and pairing Sami/Rafe along with Daniel/Jennifer when her husband died less than three months ago while saving their daughter.They cannot be that clueless.Maybe the baby is alive.
Offline Profile Goto Top

BeeBee
Member Avatar

JamaicanBeauty7
Oct 11 2012, 02:09 PM
In an effort to prevent my head from exploding, I'm going to assume that feticide is included in the murder statute or there is a separate fetal homicide statute for whatever jurisdiction Salem is in. If I can do that, I might like this s/l.
Thia is the storyline from hell.It gets worse by the day.I will never like it. I loathe it with the fire of a million suns.
Offline Profile Goto Top

starwatcher2

Kevin_Buchanan
Oct 11 2012, 11:20 PM
I hope Nicole breaks into Jennifer's house and breaks Jack's picture, maybe some of the Nicole lovers will start hating her then lol.
This cracked me up! :lol: Although, I still wouldn't hate Nicole for it. Jen deserves whatever she gets from Nicole for attacking her over the hairy patient humping worthless doc feel good Dan.
Offline Profile Goto Top

james0479
Member Avatar

Damn I was really hoping for a continuation of that headline. "Daniel Believes Jennifer....is a self righteous hyprocritical cunt bag". I have to agree with the consensus here...what's the point if everyone believes her? I wouldn't mind if they acted like they believe her because they are scared she's fallen on board the crazy train, but it doesn't sound like that's the set up at all. What really skins my nutsack is how Rafe is included in this storyline. Rafe and Daniel...zzzzz...I mean, bring a book. Dr. NobleNuts does nothing for me. Let him and Princess Ho-Ton leave town and go ahead and let the door hit your asses on the way out.
Offline Profile Goto Top

JessicaLeigh
Member Avatar

I've expressed this sentiment in a variety of ways before, but...writers, first you kill Nicole's miracle baby and then you make her the ultimate bad guy (Jennifer's status as bad guy here is already fleeting) in her own grief-stricken storyline? Fuck all y'all. I didn't particularly like MarDar, but I didn't hate them either. Replacing "mediocre" with "downright shit" isn't known to to work in most professions, so I'm not sure why TPTB think it will work in this one. The stories are picking up pace, but aside from Gabi/Nick, WilSon and the return of Kristen, I like nothing I am seeing (and it remains to be seen how those three things play out, so I've got a healthy dose of trepidation chasing my excitement).

Offline Profile Goto Top

KweenBoda
Member Avatar

There are no words in the fucking english langauge to describe how fucking bad the fucking writers are. Destroy Jennifers character, kill off a innocent baby to pimp out DANNIFER??? I knew they were idiotic but this is fucked beyond anything that is or has been fucked. They really fucking think that killing off a baby is somehow entertaining?! I wish I knew what the fuck they have been smoking. And that anyone can think that Jennifer is somehow fucking innocent is beyond me. The bitch never grieved before she was leg humping that man whore. its fucking SICK SICK SICK SICK... fuck you Ken Corday..when my beloved soap is cancelled I hope you never have a good nights sleep, fucking retard.
Offline Profile Goto Top

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Locked Topic