Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Locked Topic
Daniel Believes Jennifer; Airs the week of October 15th
Topic Started: Oct 11 2012, 01:39 PM (4,979 Views)
annie21

Dreamer
Oct 17 2012, 08:11 AM
Kevin_Buchanan
Oct 16 2012, 10:20 PM
bomber
Oct 11 2012, 08:26 PM
Dreamer
Oct 11 2012, 07:25 PM
The day they take Jack's pic off the mantle.......all hell is going to break loose!
Since Nicole was the only one who took any notice of it I wouldn't be surprised if Jen packed it up with the rest of Nicole's stuff.
It's Jennifer's house so Jennifer would've been the one to place it on the mantel duh! :soapbox:
TPI, with this show you never know who put what where. TPTB would like us to think that Jennifer would have put Jack's photo on the mantle.... but in reality this show does the exact opposite of what it's suppose to do.

As long as the photo is on the mantle, Dannifer will never be.....If it is moved or missing then, I think we are to assume the "grieving period' is over. TPTB will go full steam ahead with Jen's new love life. It would be hard to watch Daniel pawing and panting all over Jennifer on the Horton Couch, while her ex-dead husband is staring at them from the mantle. LOL!!! But then again, this show is royally fucked up, I will put nothing past them!
This reminds me of when Alice used to gaze at Tom's photo on the mantle. (Choosing not to remember the floating head Reilly era). She would gaze at it fondly, talk to him, ask him for advice. There was no question that she had placed the photo there and took comfort from its presence. Jennifer has not been shown to do any of that. In fact, IIRC, there was a scene where she basically put away his personal things and said her goodbyes.

If I had to guess, I would say Abigail is the one who placed Jack's photo on the mantle, and Jennifer is allowing it to stay there for her daughter's sake -- and perhaps as a public show of obligatory mourning that she can't bring herself to actually express in any other way.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Ellie

annie21
Oct 17 2012, 11:48 AM
This reminds me of when Alice used to gaze at Tom's photo on the mantle. (Choosing not to remember the floating head Reilly era). She would gaze at it fondly, talk to him, ask him for advice. There was no question that she had placed the photo there and took comfort from its presence. Jennifer has not been shown to do any of that. In fact, IIRC, there was a scene where she basically put away his personal things and said her goodbyes.

If I had to guess, I would say Abigail is the one who placed Jack's photo on the mantle, and Jennifer is allowing it to stay there for her daughter's sake -- and perhaps as a public show of obligatory mourning that she can't bring herself to actually express in any other way.
I agree, but also on a more mundane note, Matt must be allowing them to do this as he's no longer under contract.
Offline Profile Goto Top

bomber
Member Avatar

Ellie
Oct 17 2012, 12:05 PM
annie21

I agree, but also on a more mundane note, Matt must be allowing them to do this as he's no longer under contract.
On an equally mundane note, can they use his picure as part of his episode guarantee? He was in so few episodes from February to August.
Offline Profile Goto Top

BJ Deveraux
Member Avatar

annie21
Dreamer
Oct 17 2012, 08:11 AM
Kevin_Buchanan
Oct 16 2012, 10:20 PM
bomber
Oct 11 2012, 08:26 PM

Quoting limited to 4 levels deep
It's Jennifer's house so Jennifer would've been the one to place it on the mantel duh! :soapbox:
TPI, with this show you never know who put what where. TPTB would like us to think that Jennifer would have put Jack's photo on the mantle.... but in reality this show does the exact opposite of what it's suppose to do.

As long as the photo is on the mantle, Dannifer will never be.....If it is moved or missing then, I think we are to assume the "grieving period' is over. TPTB will go full steam ahead with Jen's new love life. It would be hard to watch Daniel pawing and panting all over Jennifer on the Horton Couch, while her ex-dead husband is staring at them from the mantle. LOL!!! But then again, this show is royally fucked up, I will put nothing past them!

Yes well I hope he is compensated in some way. He's a very classy individual. Anyone else would tell them to shove it up their asses
Offline Profile Goto Top

annie21

I doubt any actor is compensated for the use of their image in the show after their contract has ended unless it is some special notation in their contract or in SAG/union rules. In fact, since that photo was taken as part of the show's PR, he probably had to sign a release that it was the property of Days and could be used however they liked in their promotion, etc., etc. So, no, I don't think he has had anything to do with the use of the photo, and strongly doubt he has been compensated.

Offline Profile Goto Top

Ellie

annie21
Oct 17 2012, 08:21 PM
I doubt any actor is compensated for the use of their image in the show after their contract has ended unless it is some special notation in their contract or in SAG/union rules. In fact, since that photo was taken as part of the show's PR, he probably had to sign a release that it was the property of Days and could be used however they liked in their promotion, etc., etc. So, no, I don't think he has had anything to do with the use of the photo, and strongly doubt he has been compensated.

I don't think he's being compensated, but we've always heard that Days has to ask permission to use a photo of someone no longer under contract, even publicity photos which were taken while the person was employed at Days. Ken Corday actually called Eileen in 06 to ask her... that was a whole story in itself, because she was unemployed and got a call from Corday, and then that's what he asked. As another example, Joe M's large photo was removed from the DiMera mansion in 08. But that practice certainly could have changed; it would be smart for the show to have people sign a release like you're indicating. Traditionally though, a sure sign that a contract is up is that set photos are removed. I'm interested in seeing whether the Christie Clark pic is still in J&M's townhouse.
Offline Profile Goto Top

nolagirl
Member Avatar

CherishLuvsEJ
Oct 16 2012, 10:27 PM
Daniel is not all that for these women to go crazy over. He's cute but still a creep. Dannifer have absolutely no chemistry and just sucks as a couple. I have to say at least Dicole HAVE chemistry. At this point Nicole needs to move on cause for some reason Dan loves Jennifer and she's looking desperate. Hopefully Eric distracts her from Daniel, it's about time Nicole gets her happier ever after.
Problem with this is two fold

To many people jumping on the Eric/Nicole train before even seeing them on screen together, I'll reserve judgement for then I may like them I may not when I think Eric I think Jensen so I'll see how he makes the charater his own and if there is magic. Even if there is Tomlin's NOT going to let AZ with anyone outshine Sami and her merry men.

Also the fact that he's first Sami's brother (yuk) again stuck in the Sami vortex from hell, as well as if he is a priest and leaves because of Nicole more for all the Nicole haters to throw at her feet.
Offline Profile Goto Top

camera shy

I don't see Nicole finding her happily ever after with Sami's twin. But I do want to see her move on from Daniel because he doesn't love her and I wish the same for EJ to move on from Sami because she doesn't love him and he will always be her second choice to Rafe.
Online Profile Goto Top

nolagirl
Member Avatar

bomber
Oct 17 2012, 02:02 PM
Ellie
Oct 17 2012, 12:05 PM
annie21

On an equally mundane note, can they use his picure as part of his episode guarantee? He was in so few episodes from February to August.
I would think that the picture may have been used as pulicity photos for Day's which means they own the rights to them. Thus MA can't make them not use them it's probably in a standard contract. I remember them using the original Mickey's photo for Maggie and doubt they paid the actor to use it.
Offline Profile Goto Top

nolagirl
Member Avatar

camera shy
Oct 18 2012, 10:50 AM
I don't see Nicole finding her happily ever after with Sami's twin. But I do want to see her move on from Daniel because he doesn't love her and I wish the same for EJ to move on from Sami because she doesn't love him and he will always be her second choice to Rafe.
Yep like I said the Sami Black Hole Vortex from Hell, seems the only actor who truly want to be there is GG who thinks it'll keep in front burner.
Offline Profile Goto Top

greatscott114
Member Avatar

There is a part of me that would like to see Nicole go a little cray-cray (after all, she just lost a SECOND baby) and kill Jen-Jen and Daniel. She could get acquitted with a good lawyer, say EJ? Or even Justin! That could be good drama considering her history with Victor.
Ari could totally pull that off. She wouldn't take Nicole over the top crazy, just enough to make us sympathize with her and want her to get away with murder.
Edited by greatscott114, Oct 18 2012, 01:19 PM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

BJ Deveraux
Member Avatar

That would be AWESOME!
Offline Profile Goto Top

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
ZetaBoards gives you all the tools to create a successful discussion community.
Learn More · Register for Free
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Locked Topic