Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Locked Topic
SOD Interview with James Scott
Topic Started: Oct 11 2012, 03:56 PM (12,949 Views)
Ireland98

DAYS James Scott Chats on EJAMI, Eileen Davidson, and Chandler Massey!

Days of our Lives James Scott (EJ DiMera) is the main feature interview in this weeks Soap Opera Digest on newsstands now, so make sure to pick up a copy! In his chat, the talented fan favorite discussed a myriad of subjects including: the status of the long-awaited EJami reunion, working with the just returned Eileen Davidson (Kristen), and the Will and EJ relationship, where the actor admits he enjoyed working with Daytime Emmy winner, Chandler Massey (Will)! Below are a few excerpts from the interview!

James on DAYS seemingly working toward an EJami pairing: Theyre not really re-visiting it. They have never done it. I think its about time, frankly. There is a good opportunity for story there. Alison Sweeney (Sami) and I work very well together. Its sort of a fairy tale. They dont play it so much now, but the Bradys and the DiMeras have a history. You have these two waring families, and then this sort of love between these two people who should not really love each other. They do love each other. Not in a romantic way, necessarily. They care for each other very much. I think there is always the potential to have a very powerful relationship.

James on Eileen Davidson returning to DAYS as Kristen She is fantastic. Shes a great actress. I feel shes a breath of fresh air on the show. Shes one of those actors love them or hate them, theyre just compelling to watch. They give performances that are very hard to turn away from. That is a great value to any show.

James on if there might be a family reunion between EJ and his mother, Susan Banks, played in the past by Davidson: I feel like that was from an era of storytelling there was a sensibility there and a kookiness that the show is actively trying to avoid.

James on missing working with Chandler Massey and that the storyline between Will and EJ just stopped: I was extremely disappointed. Aside from my own selfish reasons of just enjoying working with Chandler Massey very much, I thought it was a very interesting, unique dynamic on the show. When you communicate directly with the audience, as I do on occasion, and you have a storyline that overwhelmingly and without exception is praised and embraced by the audience that I have spoken to, its always disappointing when something like that is killed. From my perspective, its a great shame.

So, soapers are you ready for the EJami romance to move forward 100%? Do you miss the dynamic between Will and EJ? Would you like to see Susan Banks and EJ deal with their mother/son relationship, now that Davidson is back in the fold at DAYS? Weigh-in!

http://michaelfairmansoaps.com/news/days-james-scott-chats-on-ejami-eileen-davidson-and-chandler-massey/2012/10/11/?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter
Offline Profile Goto Top

JamaicanBeauty7
Member Avatar
I am READY!!

thanks! MF always kicks ass with his interviews.
I hope they go there with Ejami. Always hinting and then a left turn. It's annoying as hell.
I miss Ejill too. I loved their dynamic. Once again Tomsell stops something interesting, surprise surprise. :rolleyes:
Edited by JamaicanBeauty7, Oct 11 2012, 04:01 PM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

LucasHortonFan
Please write 4 Bryan Dattilo, Give him a love interest.

I think I want to throw up. I will watch my scenes via you tube for John Marlena and Kristen and anything else I might want. But I need a super sized barf bag for the slightest mention of Ej and Sami.
Offline Profile Goto Top

sonwill
Member Avatar

Nice interview, TYFP

I personally don't miss the EJill stuff, I felt like it was over-done, JMO though. Maybe I would have liked it better if they had included Will with the younger guys while still having him mix with EJ but it was all Will/EJ and I got tired of it.. :shrug:
Offline Profile Goto Top

Ejole Lifer

How many times to we have to go through this? How can he say they haven't gone there when the past year almost they've absolutely gone there...every...damn..day. If he means in a full-fledged committed relationship then I don't think they've ever written Sami to truly love EJ and why should she be with someone she doesn't love. BUT if going "there" is what he wants then for the love of GAWD, go there and watch how fast the ship goes down. Many more opposed to Ejami than those for it.

I did like EJ and Will at first until it became unbelievable when Will basically listened to EJ over Lucas.
Edited by Ejole Lifer, Oct 11 2012, 04:14 PM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Supergirlx2
Member Avatar
"I don't live by a set diet. It's not about pounds. It's really about how I feel." ~ KA

They've never done EJami? what the hell is JS smoking? ever since EJ showed up in Salem, it's been either EJami or Lumi, or when Lucas left & Rafe appeared, it became EJami or Safe. EJami have gotten married, lived together, slept together, had kids together. So where in all of that has EJami never been done?
Offline Profile Goto Top

Partnersincrime
Member Avatar

Quote:

Its sort of a fairy tale.

:rolleyes:
Quote:

these two people who should not really love each other. They do love each other. Not in a romantic way, necessarily. They care for each other very much. I think there is always the potential to have a very powerful relationship.

:what: :wtf:
Offline Profile Goto Top

tomsawyer
Member Avatar

Supergirlx2
Oct 11 2012, 04:11 PM
They've never done EJami? what the hell is JS smoking? ever since EJ showed up in Salem, it's been either EJami or Lumi, or when Lucas left & Rafe appeared, it became EJami or Safe. EJami have gotten married, lived together, slept together, had kids together. So where in all of that has EJami never been done?
I assume he means in a relationship together when they are both in love with each other.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Lanemack
Member Avatar

Ready for this to be "thumbs downed" but I loved it, I love JS. Still think that the Brady/DiMera angle for a relationship would be great. Marlena/John/Stephano could all hate them together - all of Salem would hate them together, actually. I like that.

Can't wait to watch the Kristen/EJ dynamic. I also think she's a great addition to the show. Adds some spice.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Helpless Romantic

tomsawyer
Oct 11 2012, 04:15 PM
Supergirlx2
Oct 11 2012, 04:11 PM
I assume he means in a relationship together when they are both in love with each other.
The problem with that is that because of all their history and Sami proving time and again that she doesn't will NEVER make me believe otherwise even with completely whitewashing their history to make them "plausible" I will never buy it no matter what.
Offline Profile Goto Top

lumifan4life

Fairytale? More like a horror movie, lol.
Offline Profile Goto Top

camera shy

Ejole Lifer
Oct 11 2012, 04:09 PM
How many times to we have to go through this? How can he say they haven't gone there when the past year almost they've absolutely gone there...every...damn..day. If he means in a full-fledged committed relationship then I don't think they've ever written Sami to truly love EJ and why should she be with someone she doesn't love. BUT if going "there" is what he wants then for the love of GAWD, go there and watch how fast the ship goes down. Many more opposed to Ejami than those for it.

I did like EJ and Will at first until it became unbelievable when Will basically listened to EJ over Lucas.
"They love each other, but not necessarily in a romantic way"? What the fuck?! This doesn't make any sense and I bet they still won't be going with a true couple. Don't headwriters outline their stories for months ahead? Then why didn't they just keep telling the story MarDar had started? If they're going with a true romance why have Kate and Lucas tell EJ that Sami and EJ will never work out? I'll believe it when I see it.
Offline Profile Goto Top

camera shy

It might be a wild guess on my part, but it think EJ and Sami fans want them to love each other in a romantic way.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Alligato
Member Avatar

Sometimes JS comes off sounding like a pompous twat...this is one of those times.

Offline Profile Goto Top

tomsawyer
Member Avatar

camera shy
Oct 11 2012, 04:38 PM
It might be a wild guess on my part, but it think EJ and Sami fans want them to love each other in a romantic way.
If they're going with Ejami, I'd rather see a manipulative, sexual relationship. That would at least be semi-believable at his point. If Ejami ever mutually falls in love, I'd want it to be by accident when they both thought they were just using each other.
Offline Profile Goto Top

SocRMum1
Member Avatar
Much prefers sweevil, snarky EJ over Father Figure Fucktard Eejiot.

Ejole Lifer
Oct 11 2012, 04:09 PM
BUT if going "there" is what he wants then for the love of GAWD, go there and watch how fast the ship goes down. Many more opposed to Ejami than those for it.

You can't possibly know that for a fact - I know a good number of people who would argue that point vehemently. And in the end, none of us really know who would be right.

I'm disappointed that it sounds like they aren't going to explore EJ/Susan a bit. I've always thought that would add a fun dynamic to EJ - how would this supposedly cultured, educated man deal with his nutbag, sweetheart of a mother? Could be fun. And imagine Susan fawning over those grandchildren. :laugh:

I agree with him they wouldn't be revisiting EJami IF they write them a love story - because we've yet to see that. We've seen umpteen versions of EJ begging, pleading, lying, stealing and turning himself inside out to get on the Sami-go-round - but we've never seen a romantic relationship between them where they are both committed at the same time with no manipulations or lies poised to tear them apart. It's way past time for that, as far as I'm concerned so this interview sounds quite hopeful in that regard.

I really enjoyed the EJill friendship and thought JS and CM had great chemistry. It was probably a bit heavy handed for a while - Will essentially had no social life and his world seemed to revolve around EJ - but I would like to see them continue to stay on good terms, particularly if they do move forward with a EJami romance. In fact, I could see Will being one of if not the only supporter in town of that pairing.

Thanks for posting. Guess I'll have to break down and buy a copy of SOD this week. :lol:
Offline Profile Goto Top

KMan101
Member Avatar

They're probably not using Susan on-screen (like she should be) because wouldn't that be more money they'd have to pay Eileen?
Offline Profile Goto Top

SocRMum1
Member Avatar
Much prefers sweevil, snarky EJ over Father Figure Fucktard Eejiot.

tomsawyer
Oct 11 2012, 04:45 PM
camera shy
Oct 11 2012, 04:38 PM
If they're going with Ejami, I'd rather see a manipulative, sexual relationship. That would at least be semi-believable at his point. If Ejami ever mutually falls in love, I'd want it to be by accident when they both thought they were just using each other.
I could get behind that, too.

Hot EJami sex scenes would be hot EJami sex scenes - and the less opportunity for tickle fights or unicorn farts, the better.
Offline Profile Goto Top

spartan
Member Avatar

Quote:

They have never done it. I think its about time, frankly.

Me too, James. Me too. *sigh*

I also miss EJill. I loved Will toying with his dark side and James and Chandler really played well of each other. They needed to still balance Will out on the canvas with others. They didn't, but I don't agree with throwing the baby out with the bathwater on this one which they seemingly did. Bad call.

I love to hear how he talks about Eileen. Yay!
Offline Profile Goto Top

Ireland98

James Scott speaks the truth! :applause:
I agree that despite the popularity of EJAMI, they've never been written as a real couple, and they should. EJAMI fans have been strung along and led on so many times, only to be disappointed time and time again.
I'm glad JS is also disappointed about ending EJILL. Yet another very popular dynamic and interesting storyline that TomSell decided to ruin. Idiots! :flipoff:
Edited by Ireland98, Oct 11 2012, 04:58 PM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Enjoy forums? Start your own community for free.
Learn More · Register Now
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Locked Topic