Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Locked Topic
SOD Interview with James Scott
Topic Started: Oct 11 2012, 03:56 PM (12,686 Views)
Nicole Walker

"You have these two waring families, and then this sort of love between these two people who should not really love each other. They do love each other. Not in a romantic way, necessarily. They care for each other very much. I think there is always the potential to have a very powerful relationship.

Even JS can't make sense of this mess.

Offline Profile Goto Top

magicsteacher
Member Avatar

Nicole Dimera
Oct 12 2012, 08:28 AM
"You have these two waring families, and then this sort of love between these two people who should not really love each other. They do love each other. Not in a romantic way, necessarily. They care for each other very much. I think there is always the potential to have a very powerful relationship.

Even JS can't make sense of this mess.

Exactly. JS doesn't even know what his and Sami's relationship is or is supposed to be. all he did was talk in circles and say nothing.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Dazefan4now
Member Avatar

This interview (and every other interview by various other cast members ) doesn't make sense because the stories don't make sense. I can't imagine how difficult it is for all of the actors of this soap to have to answer questions about their character and storylines.
Offline Profile Goto Top

lysie
Member Avatar

I think it makes sense. I think it's a pretty good interview in its entirety. I don't agree with everything he said, but I think it makes sense and isn't as pretentious sounding as some of his past interviews have come across.
Offline Profile Goto Top

SocRMum1
Member Avatar
Much prefers sweevil, snarky EJ over Father Figure Fucktard Eejiot.

Dazefan4now
Oct 12 2012, 08:57 AM
This interview (and every other interview by various other cast members ) doesn't make sense because the stories don't make sense. I can't imagine how difficult it is for all of the actors of this soap to have to answer questions about their character and storylines.
Exactly. What can they say that doesn't sound like spin? If they are dismissive of a storyline or pairing people get upset. If they indicate their personal preferences, people get upset. If they walk the fine line of being completely diplomatic, people still get upset.

And no matter what they say - it can all get tossed out with the next writing staff upheaval and what they thought they were supposed to be playing or building toward is suddenly 180 degrees from where it's headed now. :shrug:
Offline Profile Goto Top

Sindacco
Member Avatar

He always sounds like an idiot.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Kansa
Member Avatar

I would agree with James on Ejami. You have the Romeo and Juliet factor with the warring families and the constant outside pressures/obstacles. With Ejami, though, you have the added complexity of a "thin line between love and hate" factor. That aspect reminds of Cathy and Heathcliff of Wuthering Heights, whose love was violent, passionate, unearthly. They were never really together, denied their feelings to an extent during their lifetimes, and even married other people. Yet their story is known as one of the greatest love stories in literature. I'm not saying Ejami and their story has been written perfectly - I think a lot of us have expressed frustration at the lack of continuity and poor storylines for our respective characters/storylines on DAYS. Additionally, I think that we will continue to see storylines and characters suffer under Tomsell. However, I am just commenting on what I see as the overall intention for Ejami and why I love it. Ejami does need to develop now, though, and gain some of those tender, placid moments in addition to those other characteristics. That being said, I never want to see them as a placid, traditional couple.

I like that James Scott doesn't care whether or not fans like E.J. For a very brief time, when he first came on the scene, I didn't like how he was originally written - as one dimensional eye candy for Sami, but the character has been allowed to develop and James plays him with such confidence and complexity - - I just love him. I'm glad that Kristen is back and will put more focus on the Dimera dynamic because I want E.J. to deepen as a character. I definitely want Ejami to grow, also, but it would be nice to see E.J. and Sami also growing as individuals.

I'm expecting poor storylines to continue under Tomsell, but I was glad to hear the perspective James has. Thanks for posting!
Offline Profile Goto Top

camera shy

What are we suppose to take away from this interview, that ejami is finally going to really happen or it'll still be the same old same old between EJ/Sam and Rafe? My guess is that it'll be the same old same old. Because they haven't set it for Sami to choose to be with EJ because she loves him. It'll be because she's pissed off at Rafe and when she goes to confide in Lucas down the road, he'll warn her not to go back to EJ and that makes them doa. Ejami's best bet was with MarDar. They wrote Sami choosing to be with EJ because she wanted to be with him over anyone else. But a few days ago, we had Sami telling Rafe that when she looked at EJ she knew what she had with him could never compare with what the two of them shared. If ejami is a go, then why tear down everything that MarDar put into place and why fire them? :shrug:
Edited by camera shy, Oct 12 2012, 10:37 AM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

lumifan4life

camera shy
Oct 12 2012, 10:22 AM
What are we suppose to take away from this interview, that ejami is finally going to really happen or it'll still be the same old same old between EJ/Sam and Rafe? My guess is that it'll be the same old same old. Because they haven't set it for Sami to choose to be with EJ because she loves him. It'll be because she's pissed off at Rafe and when she goes to confide in Lucas down the road, he'll warn her not to go back to EJ and that's make them dead in the water before they even started. Ejami had their best bet with MarDar. They wrote Sami wanting to be with EJ over anyone else and now we just had her telling Rafe that when she looks at EJ she knows that what they had could neve compare with what she shared with him. Why destroy all of what MarDar wrote (and why fire them) if ejami is really going to happen this time.
Under MarDar, Sami was helping EJ and believed in his innocence. But she was playing him just as much as she was playing Lucas. It was still just lust but not love for her when it came to EJ. She wasn't confessing her love or committing to a life with him. She was having fun making out with both men and really that's all it was. In fact I think MarDar would have continued the back and forth between Lucas and EJ which is why Lumi also got significant scenes like the bracelet scene for instance. It wasn't that Sami was choosing EJ over Lucas the way she is choosing Rafe now. Sami was even more fickle during MarDar than she is now under Tomlin because at least now she is committed to a life with one man and that is Rafe.
Edited by lumifan4life, Oct 12 2012, 10:35 AM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

camera shy

I do love that JS admitted that he didn't understand what the griefsex was all about......welcome to the club.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Graceland
Member Avatar

The show brought Susan back last October. They aren't actively trying to avoid all of the Reilly years. Look at Princess Gina earlier this year.

Susan will be back.

Part of the reason why Eileen is back on the show is because Days was after her last year to have her come back as Susan for a one-off. Now, they have her. They're going to put her talents to use. I doubt we'll see five Eileens again though.

Quote:

He always sounds like an idiot.

But looks great in lycra last weekend. :cheer:
Edited by Graceland, Oct 12 2012, 10:48 AM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

JessicaLeigh
Member Avatar

I don't share his view on EJami but I understand where he's coming from and why the situation is frustrating for him as the person playing the role of E.J. - the perpetual loser where Sami's concerned, with all those scuppered opportunities and so much unfulfilled potential. I don't support them as a couple but I can at least recognize that that's always been the case with them. I am glad he gave such positive feedback about Eileen and I definitely understand his frustration about the Will dynamic being crushed, since they did have very interesting and undeniable chemistry despite the counter-intuitiveness of their relationship. Even when I don't agree with JS I always respect him as an intelligent person and I enjoy hearing his thoughts. Too often they give him crap to work with and he and his character deserve a lot better. I get frustrated when he (like Sami, Rafe and Daniel) gets too much airtime to the detriment of other characters, but I do think ultimately the show would be poorer without a talent like him. The same can't be said for some of the other air hogs.
Offline Profile Goto Top

nolagirl
Member Avatar

Kansa
Oct 12 2012, 10:22 AM
I would agree with James on Ejami. You have the Romeo and Juliet factor with the warring families and the constant outside pressures/obstacles. With Ejami, though, you have the added complexity of a "thin line between love and hate" factor. That aspect reminds of Cathy and Heathcliff of Wuthering Heights, whose love was violent, passionate, unearthly. They were never really together, denied their feelings to an extent during their lifetimes, and even married other people. Yet their story is known as one of the greatest love stories in literature. I'm not saying Ejami and their story has been written perfectly - I think a lot of us have expressed frustration at the lack of continuity and poor storylines for our respective characters/storylines on DAYS. Additionally, I think that we will continue to see storylines and characters suffer under Tomsell. However, I am just commenting on what I see as the overall intention for Ejami and why I love it. Ejami does need to develop now, though, and gain some of those tender, placid moments in addition to those other characteristics. That being said, I never want to see them as a placid, traditional couple.

I like that James Scott doesn't care whether or not fans like E.J. For a very brief time, when he first came on the scene, I didn't like how he was originally written - as one dimensional eye candy for Sami, but the character has been allowed to develop and James plays him with such confidence and complexity - - I just love him. I'm glad that Kristen is back and will put more focus on the Dimera dynamic because I want E.J. to deepen as a character. I definitely want Ejami to grow, also, but it would be nice to see E.J. and Sami also growing as individuals.

I'm expecting poor storylines to continue under Tomsell, but I was glad to hear the perspective James has. Thanks for posting!
Comparing Ejami to Cathy and Heathcliff (Wuthering Heights) is like comparing Bram Stoker's Dracula to Twilight.

The only thing they have in common is Cathy was a self indulgent woman who thought she was above Heathcliff, as this Sami NOW thinks she is above EJ. This is not the Sami Gene Brady from Day's past, this is not the character that many fell in love with and rooted for. This is a pod Sami that many have come to HATE.

Ejami are nothing like Romeo and Juliet, they have hurt each other far worse than any "cough" star cross lovers. No couple that truly loves one another would have done the things they have. If Day's is truly trying to make Ejami the war of the families they have failed miserably. If they put them together at this point I truly don't care, I also don't care about the Brady family in general, thanks to lousy writing. At this point even if they were to make Ejami the focal of the family war can you honestly say that Sami has been the favored daughter the Brady Clan would defend???? EJ could be the character BUT has with his father at his side hurt Sami many times. This is not a story worth telling. If they want them as a couple fine make them a couple BUT don't try and sell something that isn't possible. They had other Brady girls that could have pulled off the Juliet scenario (but Sami isn't it). As for the Romeo side Chad has a better shot at that role.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Ejole Lifer

I have feeling that November sweeps will be about Ejami yet again. They've been the main story for the last year just about and it doesn't seem like it's changing. Ari is working with GV a lot. JS is pimping egagme in the rags. It just seems like the writing is on the wall.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Helpless Romantic

Ejole Lifer
Oct 12 2012, 12:18 PM
I have feeling that November sweeps will be about Ejami yet again. They've been the main story for the last year just about and it doesn't seem like it's changing. Ari is working with GV a lot. JS is pimping egagme in the rags. It just seems like the writing is on the wall.
I'm telling you, I think AS comment about "sliding in" was a huge hint that they boink again.. just in time for Father Eric to show up so Sami has someone to confess to. While again because of her own guilt she takes Rafe back still lying to him and the cycle continues or by Nov Sweeps somehow someway EJ Nicole or both are seen as "the big bad wolves" if lets say she keeps from Rafe that Jennifer did not cause the baby to die and Sami would get huffy while also realizing that EJ likely knew or suspected, spin here but they are nothing if not predictable and SAFE reunite with Sami confessing all before the reunion. I was also thinking that Will and Gabi are the engaged couple but what if its Sami and EJ that get engaged for "the wrong reasons". To spite Rafe and Nicole? That could be the promo around that scenario. Either way they merry go round from hell will be the focus no matter what.
Edited by Helpless Romantic, Oct 12 2012, 12:37 PM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

nolagirl
Member Avatar

Ejole Lifer
Oct 12 2012, 12:18 PM
The writing is on the wall and the viewers are out the door. :puke:

Funny part about this is I loved Ejole but if they didn't stay together fine, if the writer want Ejami again fine. But why kill the baby that's my problem, why so Sami could have EJ's only children??? This part just disgust me beyond all else and doing it for angst of Ejami/SAFE/Danifer makes it even more horrible. AZ is great and I could easily watched her with anyone they pair her with, but why kill the baby? To cut ties between Ejole completely would be my guess and have Sami be EJ's only love. Sorry the one single act has me :shame: plain ashamed that I watched this show for the last five years much less the many years I have.

At this point my only wish is for Nicole to find some happiness with a man who loves her and the HELL OUT OF SAMI'S ORBIT, the bitch is toxic.
Offline Profile Goto Top

KMan101
Member Avatar

I really don't buy Ejami as endgame. I think a poster above said it all. Ejami boink. Sami lies again after she and Rafe work things out. He finds out, and we start all over again.

Glad to hear Ari is working a lot with GV, though I'd much rather have a Nicole/EJ/Eric triangle and a Rafe/Sami/Lucas triangle. Though EJ, Rafe and Sami are just so overused at this point.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Helpless Romantic

KMan101
Oct 12 2012, 12:35 PM
I really don't buy Ejami as endgame. I think a poster above said it all. Ejami boink. Sami lies again after she and Rafe work things out. He finds out, and we start all over again.

Glad to hear Ari is working a lot with GV, though I'd much rather have a Nicole/EJ/Eric triangle and a Rafe/Sami/Lucas triangle. Though EJ, Rafe and Sami are just so overused at this point.
I hope they ultimately do go with EJOLEvs ERICOLE
SAFEvs. LUMI
I think after Eric returns is only when Nicole will be free of Dan and then they will likely do
Danloe vs Dannifer but not before milking the Chloe and Nicole angle and how Nicole sleeping with Dan causes a problem for Chloe.
Edited by Helpless Romantic, Oct 12 2012, 12:48 PM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Nicole Walker

I'm excited about ERic and Nicole.Finally Nicole is out of this EJ/Sami/Rafe crapfest.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Kansa
Member Avatar

I did not make and would not invite a legalistic comparison. I did not draw a comparison between Sami/E.J. and Wuthering Heights and Romeo and Juliet for any other reasons than the very specific reasons I mentioned. (As a side note, though,Sami's family did gather around her (literally and figuratively) when she wed E.J. in an effort to discourage the match)

A couple like Heathcliff and Cathy - would they be accepted today as a love story? Heathcliff beat his wife regularly and hung his wife's dog. He is far more sadistic and far less charismatic a character than E.J. Dimera. However, the specific comparisons I drew are still valid and remain a part of Ejami that I love:

Romeo and Juliet: Warring families/ Dimera/Brady feud
Wuthering Heights: Never have a "traditional" courtship/relationship
Denial of feelings
Marry/pursue other people
Extreme feelings - love/hate

I do not seek to convince anyone of Ejami's validity with those comparisons, however. Everyone has the right to enjoy whatever characters/couples they want to for whatever reasons they choose. Those are the parallels that I see and part of Ejami that draw me to them. Nothing more, nothing less. :D
Edited by Kansa, Oct 12 2012, 12:59 PM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Locked Topic