Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Locked Topic
SOD Interview with James Scott
Topic Started: Oct 11 2012, 03:56 PM (13,052 Views)
james0479
Member Avatar

The Romeo and Juliet version of this story just isn't being told so I don't feel that angle at all. I really don't care at this point if we get Ejami or whatever. Just do it if that's endgame. If not, don't. There's no excitement in that story....it's been played for years and hasn't been a big hit the last 8 times they did it. Move on
Offline Profile Goto Top

Vicky4Mimi

I too am glad JS admits he doesn't understand the deadbabysex. If he had said he did, we would have call him a liar. :) Ali has admitted she didn't understand it either...much like a huge part of the audience. That craziness should have never been written and hopefully that is part of the reason MarDar lost their jobs.

I liked what he said about Ej/Sami and Ejole. EJ/Sami are not in love (duh) and he's keeping the door open a little for Ejole...which is always a smart thing to do!

All in all not a bad interview/article.
Offline Profile Goto Top

nolagirl
Member Avatar

Nicole Dimera
Oct 12 2012, 12:50 PM
I'm excited about ERic and Nicole.Finally Nicole is out of this EJ/Sami/Rafe crapfest.
I wish I could beleive this BUT too many red flags of late, Sami continuously saying how much she hates Nicole, she can't eat her food because of the thought of Nicole, Rafe if he stays Nicole's friend, EJ wanting revenge on both Rafe and Nicole. Poor Nicole will never be rid of Sami :shame:
Offline Profile Goto Top

lumifan4life

nolagirl
Oct 12 2012, 01:25 PM
Nicole Dimera
I'm excited about ERic and Nicole.Finally Nicole is out of this EJ/Sami/Rafe crapfest.
I wish I could beleive this BUT too many red flags of late, Sami continuously saying how much she hates Nicole, she can't eat her food because of the thought of Nicole, Rafe if he stays Nicole's friend, EJ wanting revenge on both Rafe and Nicole. Poor Nicole will never be rid of Sami :shame:
Also you do realize that Eric is Sami's twin. So even if Nicole is removed from the crapfest and put with Eric, you know Sami will be all up in that story as well because she'll be pissed her brother is reuniting with Nicole, lol.
Offline Profile Goto Top

nolagirl
Member Avatar

lumifan4life
Oct 12 2012, 01:29 PM
nolagirl
Oct 12 2012, 01:25 PM
Nicole Dimera
Also you do realize that Eric is Sami's twin. So even if Nicole is removed from the crapfest and put with Eric, you know Sami will be all up in that story as well because she'll be pissed her brother is reuniting with Nicole, lol.
Oh yeah I've mentioned that countless times and honestly that is one reason I don't particularly care for Nicole with either Brady or Eric. Anything related to Sami is toxic, ironically EM plays his version of Brady more brotherly to Sami than KL did, I much preferred KL in that respect. On the Chloe side I'd like to see the Broe with EM because I didn't like the KL version of that.

Ironic thing about Day's and Sami Brady - every woman has to deal with her because every man seems to have either screwed her and lost their brains because she somehow became the must have woman of Salem, or they're related to her in some way. So basically Nicole doesn't stand a chance of getting away from her, unless she stays with Daniel :shame: , or goes for Abe :blink: or back to Victor :'( Chad :x or Stefano :drunk:
Edited by nolagirl, Oct 12 2012, 01:38 PM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

nolagirl
Member Avatar

Sorry had to say this as well Nicole could go all cougar on Chad, that would piss off both EJ and Sami :rockon: talk about revenge and Chad wouldn't mind because he feels betrayed by EJ at this point. :roflol: :roflol: :roflol:
Edited by nolagirl, Oct 12 2012, 01:41 PM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

JamaicanBeauty7
Member Avatar

Vicky4Mimi
Oct 12 2012, 01:19 PM
I too am glad JS admits he doesn't understand the deadbabysex. If he had said he did, we would have call him a liar. :) Ali has admitted she didn't understand it either...much like a huge part of the audience. That craziness should have never been written and hopefully that is part of the reason MarDar lost their jobs.

I liked what he said about Ej/Sami and Ejole. EJ/Sami are not in love (duh) and he's keeping the door open a little for Ejole...which is always a smart thing to do!

James said that EJ and Sami "love each other but not necessarily in a romantic way." That doesn't mean that they are not "in love." It means exactly what he says. Do EJ and Sami have a romantic relationship? No, I'm fine with that. In fact, I love it. These are two fucked up people that have done really fucked up things to each other but always somehow end up back into each other's orbit. It's messy and I'd take thaty over any bullshit love story Days has tried to do over the years.
Offline Profile Goto Top

nolagirl
Member Avatar

Vicky4Mimi

Did I miss something in the interview, or is this just part of it, I saw no mention of Ejole at all??????
Offline Profile Goto Top

nolagirl
Member Avatar

JamaicanBeauty7
Oct 12 2012, 01:42 PM
Vicky4Mimi

James said that EJ and Sami "love each other but not necessarily in a romantic way." That doesn't mean that they are not "in love." It means exactly what he says. Do EJ and Sami have a romantic relationship? No, I'm fine with that. In fact, I love it. These are two fucked up people that have done really fucked up things to each other but always somehow end up back into each other's orbit. It's messy and I'd take thaty over any bullshit love story Days has tried to do over the years.
Yes but (and mind you at this point I'm just in this for the conversation purposes - I no longer have a horse in the race) haven't they been in some way or another pushing Ejami in each others orbits for 5 plus years of backstabbing, raping, shooting, using the children as pawns in a disgusting game of who can top the other. Give me the love story - show me these two love each other - all I've seen is manipulations and head games.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Helpless Romantic

JamaicanBeauty7
Vicky4Mimi

I will NEVER buy Sami as "in love" with EJ in lust? Yeah, love no. MarDar's randition of the syrupy sweet whitewhased EJAMI didn't sell me this last year and neither did Dena's long drawn out EJami summer scenes in 2010 complete with fishing hat proposal. At this point even Sami saying "she loves only him" wouldn't sell me. I will however agree that if from early 2006 had they kept Sami as the black sheep loser in love I would have been sold on EJAMI. As early on I will be big enough to admit they had potential. However Sami has not been written that way and I view Sami's "feelings" about EJ the same as I did Austin's "feelings" about Sami. She may care about him like Austin did Sami but when push came to shove it was proven that he loved Carrie more. Same thing with how Sami loves Rafe and Lucas on a deeper level than EJ. Who like Austin wanted out of Sami to change any time they have had EJAMI "play house" since 2008 she believed "he changed". That is why this last go around I could get behind EJOLE because she loves and accepts him for who he is no rose coloured glasses, Sami does not and never will. That has been proven time and again. There were periods where Sami "got" Austin but like with EJAMI its not meant to last before EJ's schemes like Sami's over Austin blew up.
Edited by Helpless Romantic, Oct 12 2012, 02:05 PM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Snowing Fan
Member Avatar

I know they wanna avoid to craziness of the 90's,but come on Susan is his mother,I would like to see what there relationship is since the last time we saw EJ with Susan he was a baby.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Lil
Member Avatar

I personally think they NEED some of the craziness of the 90's. It may be the only way I can suspend my belief in these craptacular times lol Plus, Kristen and Stefano being over the top villains again would just rock my socks off. Bring on the brain chips!! lol
Offline Profile Goto Top

lumifan4life

They already did the enemies turned lovers story with Lumi. It worked too cause the love story was believable and both fell in love with each other after years of hating each other and doing all sorts of underhanded crap to each other. Only there were still certain lines that weren't crossed due to the lost friendship they both had before they turned enemies. And it wasn't a pathetic one sided nightmare of obsession, manipulation and violence. At least we got to see that Sami was capable of absolute forgiveness and falling madly in love with her former enemy. I have not seen anything even close with EJ.
Offline Profile Goto Top

mcharles

Helpless Romantic
Oct 12 2012, 01:52 PM
JamaicanBeauty7
Vicky4Mimi

I will NEVER buy Sami as "in love" with EJ in lust? Yeah, love no. MarDar's randition of the syrupy sweet whitewhased EJAMI didn't sell me this last year and neither did Dena's long drawn out EJami summer scenes in 2010 complete with fishing hat proposal. At this point even Sami saying "she loves only him" wouldn't sell me. I will however agree that if from early 2006 had they kept Sami as the black sheep loser in love I would have been sold on EJAMI. As early on I will be big enough to admit they had potential. However Sami has not been written that way and I view Sami's "feelings" about EJ the same as I did Austin's "feelings" about Sami. She may care about him like Austin did Sami but when push came to shove it was proven that he loved Carrie more. Same thing with how Sami loves Rafe and Lucas on a deeper level than EJ.
Her love for Lucas and Rafe is so much deeper than what she feels for EJ, yet she time and time again ends up back in EJ's orbit hurting those two. :ermm: I mean at this point, what is Sami's so called love worth. In the DA she told Rafe she never stopped loving him, yet she was banging Lucas and crawling all over EJ; so really, some love.

Personally I love the way that JS phrased it, what EJ and Sami share goes beyond romantic declarations that obviously mean very little when it comes to a woman like Sami, they have this push and pull, they cannot leave each other alone or let go no matter how much either protests, its twisted and a bit out there, but it is so them. Lucas and Rafe are basically interchangeable for Sami, the good guys, the stamp of approvals but only one EJ. :wub2:
Offline Profile Goto Top

lumifan4life

mcharles
Oct 12 2012, 02:01 PM
Helpless Romantic
JamaicanBeauty7
Vicky4Mimi

I will NEVER buy Sami as "in love" with EJ in lust? Yeah, love no. MarDar's randition of the syrupy sweet whitewhased EJAMI didn't sell me this last year and neither did Dena's long drawn out EJami summer scenes in 2010 complete with fishing hat proposal. At this point even Sami saying "she loves only him" wouldn't sell me. I will however agree that if from early 2006 had they kept Sami as the black sheep loser in love I would have been sold on EJAMI. As early on I will be big enough to admit they had potential. However Sami has not been written that way and I view Sami's "feelings" about EJ the same as I did Austin's "feelings" about Sami. She may care about him like Austin did Sami but when push came to shove it was proven that he loved Carrie more. Same thing with how Sami loves Rafe and Lucas on a deeper level than EJ.
Her love for Lucas and Rafe is so much deeper than what she feels for EJ, yet she time and time again ends up back in EJ's orbit hurting those two. :ermm: I mean at this point, what is Sami's so called love worth. In the DA she told Rafe she never stopped loving him, yet she was banging Lucas and crawling all over EJ; so really, some love.

Personally I love the way that JS phrased it, what EJ and Sami share goes beyond romantic declarations that obviously mean very little when it comes to a woman like Sami, they have this push and pull, they cannot leave each other alone or let go no matter how much either protests, its twisted and a bit out there, but it is so them. Lucas and Rafe are basically interchangeable for Sami, the good guys, the stamp of approvals but only one EJ. :wub2:
Well yeah I'm glad EJ stands apart from Rafe and Lucas in the sense that he's done some pretty violent crap to Sami that the other two haven't. Oh and she shot him in the head too. That definitely makes him special, lol.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Helpless Romantic

mcharles
Helpless Romantic
JamaicanBeauty7
Vicky4Mimi

EJ isn't immune to her cheating. She boinked Lucas after she married EJ in 2007 and proceeded to boink Rafe after shooting him in the head. SO EJ like the rest does not rate any better and I think its rather pathetic that EJ if hes so sure Sami loves him, why he must go to extremes to control her or lie everytime she "warms up" to him. Sami never used to be a slut but they playing the fanbases giving us all crumbs hasn't done the show or characters any favors. So the endless merry go round continues.
Edited by Helpless Romantic, Oct 12 2012, 02:11 PM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

mcharles

lumifan4life
Oct 12 2012, 02:04 PM
mcharles
Helpless Romantic
JamaicanBeauty7

Quoting limited to 4 levels deep

Well yeah I'm glad EJ stands apart from Rafe and Lucas in the sense that he's done some pretty violent crap to Sami that the other two haven't. Oh and she shot him in the head too. That definitely makes him special, lol.
sure, their own special fucked up relationship where they can do just about anything to each other and still come full circle :wub2: :wub:

No need for Mr. Perfect here, just as it should be :makeout:
Offline Profile Goto Top

lumifan4life

mcharles
Oct 12 2012, 02:10 PM
lumifan4life
mcharles
Helpless Romantic

sure, their own special fucked up relationship where they can do just about anything to each other and still come full circle :wub2: :wub:

Coming full circle would require Sami to fall madly in love with EJ. Hasn't happened yet.
Offline Profile Goto Top

mcharles

Helpless Romantic
Oct 12 2012, 02:09 PM
mcharles
Helpless Romantic
JamaicanBeauty7

EJ isn't immune to her cheating. She boinked Lucas after she married EJ in 2007 and proceeded to boink Rafe after shooting him in the head. SO EJ like the rest does not rate any better and I think its rather pathetic that EJ if hes so sure Sami loves him, why he must go to extremes to control her or lie everytime she "warms up" to him. Sami never used to be a slut but they playing the fanbases giving us all crumbs hasn't done the show or characters any favors.
the marriage to EJ back in 2007 was in name only, I mean her telling EJ she would have made his life a living hell painted that picture so I am not exactly seeing the 'cheating' angle here, you know that is why Lucas was so hurt when she did sleep with EJ in 2008 and I am quite sure EJAMI were broken up when she shot him and slept with Rafe.

I think Kate and Billie answered the question when it comes to why EJ does what he does; if I am not mistaken they spoke of Sami and her daddy issues, wanting the white knight. it really is not so much her choosing either of them over EJ, but the illusion of the perfect life, something they are highlighting IMO this time around.

As for the clusterfuck, that shit needs to stop, none of them look good here.
Offline Profile Goto Top

mcharles

lumifan4life
Oct 12 2012, 02:13 PM
mcharles
Oct 12 2012, 02:10 PM
lumifan4life
mcharles

Coming full circle would require Sami to fall madly in love with EJ. Hasn't happened yet.
yet being the operative word; like JS said, it won't be revisiting, it has not been done as yet, so here is to hoping we are there soon :cheers:
Offline Profile Goto Top

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Fully Featured & Customizable Free Forums
Learn More · Sign-up Now
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Locked Topic