Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Locked Topic
SOD Interview with James Scott
Topic Started: Oct 11 2012, 03:56 PM (13,015 Views)
Helpless Romantic

mcharles
Oct 12 2012, 02:15 PM
Helpless Romantic
Oct 12 2012, 02:09 PM
mcharles
Oct 12 2012, 02:01 PM
Helpless Romantic
Oct 12 2012, 01:52 PM

Quoting limited to 4 levels deep
Her love for Lucas and Rafe is so much deeper than what she feels for EJ, yet she time and time again ends up back in EJ's orbit hurting those two. :ermm: I mean at this point, what is Sami's so called love worth. In the DA she told Rafe she never stopped loving him, yet she was banging Lucas and crawling all over EJ; so really, some love.

Personally I love the way that JS phrased it, what EJ and Sami share goes beyond romantic declarations that obviously mean very little when it comes to a woman like Sami, they have this push and pull, they cannot leave each other alone or let go no matter how much either protests, its twisted and a bit out there, but it is so them. Lucas and Rafe are basically interchangeable for Sami, the good guys, the stamp of approvals but only one EJ. :wub2:
EJ isn't immune to her cheating. She boinked Lucas after she married EJ in 2007 and proceeded to boink Rafe after shooting him in the head. SO EJ like the rest does not rate any better and I think its rather pathetic that EJ if hes so sure Sami loves him, why he must go to extremes to control her or lie everytime she "warms up" to him. Sami never used to be a slut but they playing the fanbases giving us all crumbs hasn't done the show or characters any favors.
the marriage to EJ back in 2007 was in name only, I mean her telling EJ she would have made his life a living hell painted that picture so I am not exactly seeing the 'cheating' angle here, you know that is why Lucas was so hurt when she did sleep with EJ in 2008 and I am quite sure EJAMI were broken up when she shot him and slept with Rafe.

I think Kate and Billie answered the question when it comes to why EJ does what he does; if I am not mistaken they spoke of Sami and her daddy issues, wanting the white knight. it really is not so much her choosing either of them over EJ, but the illusion of the perfect life, something they are highlighting IMO this time around.

As for the clusterfuck, that shit needs to stop, none of them look good here.
The merry go round needs to stop there we can agree but on EJAMI being "perfect" for each other we just have to disagree . If Sami wanted EJ she would be with him no matter what anyone said that is also why I don't buy the wuv for him. We all see things differently and I respect that but my one wish is for the ping pomg match to end and I think we can agree there. Enough is enough. Sami also got over the illusion over the "white knight" when she stopped obseesing over Austin. Rafe is not perfect by any means. .
Edited by Helpless Romantic, Oct 12 2012, 02:25 PM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

mcharles

Helpless Romantic
Oct 12 2012, 02:20 PM
Sami also got over the illusion over the white night when she stopped obseesing over Austin. Rafe is not perfect by any means. .
She has not IMO, else they would not make a point of mentioning it on the show and then reinforcing it by making Sami repeat over and over and over about Rafe being the most honest person she knows, him never lying to her, him being so perfect she should have changed and be better and the list goes on.

They have made it the sticking point and built his fall from grace around it.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Vicky4Mimi

nolagirl
Oct 12 2012, 01:45 PM
Vicky4Mimi
Oct 12 2012, 01:19 PM
I too am glad JS admits he doesn't understand the deadbabysex. If he had said he did, we would have call him a liar. :) Ali has admitted she didn't understand it either...much like a huge part of the audience. That craziness should have never been written and hopefully that is part of the reason MarDar lost their jobs.

I liked what he said about Ej/Sami and Ejole. EJ/Sami are not in love (duh) and he's keeping the door open a little for Ejole...which is always a smart thing to do!

All in all not a bad interview/article.
Did I miss something in the interview, or is this just part of it, I saw no mention of Ejole at all??????
Quote:

Lysie

Here are some of the things that missing from the original write-up.

James on why he stays at Days: "I stay because I like being there. If I didn't like being there, I wouldn't stay. There are times when you really have the opportunity to delve deep and the work can be very rewarding. I work with an incredible group of people. It's a very enjoyable experience."

James on the popularity of his character: "I definitely enjoy the dark side of EJ. I don't care if people like him at all. Likable is a relative term. They like the people that they dislike. They like to dislike them. I think that EJ's popularity, which is a measure of like, even if they dislike him, is based upon the fact that he is this guy who is not particularly liked and not particularly nice." He goes on to say that he's never had a fan say they want him to be nice, and that if anyone feels that way, they should write to him.

James on Joseph Mascolo: "Joe Mascolo has taugh me a tremendous amount . He leads with such a strong performance that you have to be able to follow his lead, so that's great, to be able to work with an actor who demands that you push yourself. It's a wonderful challenge to be given."

James on the Ejole relationship: "I think there is a lot further they could have gone with it. You know, the grief sex storyline; somebody still has to explain that to me." He goes on to say that he and Arianne Zucker still try to keep a spark alive in their scenes. He says he thinks you always need to find some space in the animosity to keep the door open for the future. "I think I actively try and do that in going through these situations with actresses where the relationship is sort of bitterly resolving."

James on Lauren Koslow: "Lauren Koslow is one of my favorite actresses to work with. The dynamic between EJ and Kate has the potential to be one of the most interesting on the show. They really like each other and I think want to watch out for one another." He goes on to say that they seem to really enjoying getting under one another's skin, and they even seem to enjoy having the other person getting under their skin. "They both know who the other person is and see through all of their shit. They don't try and play the same games with each other that they do with other people."

To read the full interview and also see what James does during his weeks off and read about his travel plans, pick up the latest issue of SOD.

Offline Profile Goto Top

Helpless Romantic

mcharles
Oct 12 2012, 02:26 PM
Helpless Romantic
Sami also got over the illusion over the white night when she stopped obseesing over Austin. Rafe is not perfect by any means. .
She has not IMO, else they would not make a point of mentioning it on the show and then reinforcing it by making Sami repeat over and over and over about Rafe being the most honest person she knows, him never lying to her, him being so perfect she should have changed and be better and the list goes on.

Because of the lie of him not being the baby daddy and to create angst for the couple but that again reinforces to me that they want Sami and Rafe to be on an even playing field. With Rafe's lie and I was not disagreeing that the dialogue making comparisons of light and dark wasn't lost on me but I have never viewed Rafe as perfect. This lie they had him tell was just to prolong the reunion as if they got together now it would be too fast, which is why I am thankful they don't sleep together. Also Sami when she loves someone has a tendency to think highly of them. I mean MarDar had her spewing about Lucas that he was her "role model" or mentor. No doubt Sami needs therapy and to be alone for a while to clear her head but Rafe has told her as Lucas has that they are not perfect. Rafe like Sami and Lucas is flawed they are not all good but will never embrace the darkness.
Edited by Helpless Romantic, Oct 12 2012, 02:38 PM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Vicky4Mimi

lumifan4life
Oct 12 2012, 02:13 PM
mcharles
Oct 12 2012, 02:10 PM
lumifan4life
Oct 12 2012, 02:04 PM
mcharles

Well yeah I'm glad EJ stands apart from Rafe and Lucas in the sense that he's done some pretty violent crap to Sami that the other two haven't. Oh and she shot him in the head too. That definitely makes him special, lol.
sure, their own special fucked up relationship where they can do just about anything to each other and still come full circle :wub2: :wub:

No need for Mr. Perfect here, just as it should be :makeout:
Coming full circle would require Sami to fall madly in love with EJ. Hasn't happened yet.
EJ's idea of love is pushing Sami against a wall or the desk and demanding that she tell him she loves him...haha..and she never does! Never has and never will!
Offline Profile Goto Top

JamaicanBeauty7
Member Avatar
I am READY!!

Helpless Romantic
JamaicanBeauty7
Oct 12 2012, 01:42 PM
Vicky4Mimi
I too am glad JS admits he doesn't understand the deadbabysex. If he had said he did, we would have call him a liar. :) Ali has admitted she didn't understand it either...much like a huge part of the audience. That craziness should have never been written and hopefully that is part of the reason MarDar lost their jobs.

I liked what he said about Ej/Sami and Ejole. EJ/Sami are not in love (duh) and he's keeping the door open a little for Ejole...which is always a smart thing to do!

James said that EJ and Sami "love each other but not necessarily in a romantic way." That doesn't mean that they are not "in love." It means exactly what he says. Do EJ and Sami have a romantic relationship? No, I'm fine with that. In fact, I love it. These are two fucked up people that have done really fucked up things to each other but always somehow end up back into each other's orbit. It's messy and I'd take thaty over any bullshit love story Days has tried to do over the years.
I will NEVER buy Sami as "in love" with EJ in lust? Yeah, love no. MarDar's randition of the syrupy sweet whitewhased EJAMI didn't sell me this last year and neither did Dena's long drawn out EJami summer scenes in 2010 complete with fishing hat proposal. At this point even Sami saying "she loves only him" wouldn't sell me. I will however agree that if from early 2006 had they kept Sami as the black sheep loser in love I would have been sold on EJAMI. As early on I will be big enough to admit they had potential. However Sami has not been written that way and I view Sami's "feelings" about EJ the same as I did Austin's "feelings" about Sami. She may care about him like Austin did Sami but when push came to shove it was proven that he loved Carrie more. Same thing with how Sami loves Rafe and Lucas on a deeper level than EJ. Who like Austin wanted out of Sami to change anytime they have had EJAMI play house since 2008 she believed "he changed". That is why this last go around I could get behind EJOLE because she loves and accepts him for wgho he is, Sami does not and never will. That has been proven time and again. There were periods where Sami got Austin but like with EJAMI its not meant to last before EJ's schemes like Sami's over Austin blew up.
First of all, when was Sami and EJ syrupy sweet under Mardar's tenure? I must have missed it when she cheated on Rafe with EJ, was bitching to Marlena, Carrie and the whole Brady clan for months, did corporate espionage, slapped the shit out of Carrie or was mad as hell when she found out was lying to her and was blackmailing Will. She wasn't even pleasant for long to EJ when Lexie died. Or maybe I missed it when EJ stole John's pension funds, ran a slimy campaign, cheated on Nicole, blackmailed Will, etc. etc.

Second, I have my own views about Sami's love for the 3 guys in her life right now. I'm not going to try to convince you to deviate from your current opinion but I hope you don't mind that I share my thoughts since you have done so. IMO, Lucas is Sami's first real love, but as of right now is based primarily on history and friendship. Rafe represents the "perfect guy" type that Sami has chased after for years, along with dream and fairytale, topped with ropes and unicorn poop. Looks like as of this week, Sami is going to learn that those kinds of guys don't exist, or at least that Rafe is far from it (thank goodness). EJ is the guy in her mind she neither should be with nor love but can't help to love. Everyone is ready to whip out the long list of (legitimate) reasons why she shouldn't be with him and she tries her best to stay away but that never lasts long. So, I "buy" that they love each other. If you don't, that's fine.

Finally, I would be careful to use the word "never" when it comes to soaps, especially with this one. For a time, I thought Rafe would never would get outed for a secret the way others have on this show. Lo and behold, this week is going to change all of that and with Tomsell at the helm too. I also never thought they would make Nicole pregnant again but then she was so I thought, as much as I hate it, I guess she'll have the baby because there is no way they would have her lose another kid, right? Looks like I'm wrong again. Hell, I even thought I would never like Rafe in a storyline but Cafe changed my mind, at least temporarily. And that's just the "normal" stuff, I don't even want to start on the crazy, campy things some people thought they would never do.
Edited by JamaicanBeauty7, Oct 12 2012, 03:31 PM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

lumifan4life

Helpless Romantic
Oct 12 2012, 02:34 PM
mcharles
Helpless Romantic

Because of the lie of him not being the baby daddy and to create angst for the couple but that again reinforces to me that they want Sami and Rafe to be on an even playing field. With Rafe's lie and I weas not disagreeing that the dialogue making comparisons of light and dark wasn't lost on me but I have never viewed Rafe as perfect. This lie they had him tell was just to prolong the reunion as if they got together now it would be too fast, which is why I am thankful they don't sleep together. Also Sami wheb she loves someone has a yendency to think highly of them. I mean MarDar had her spewing about Luycas that he was her "role model" or mentor. No doubt Sami needs therapy anf to be alone but Rafe has told her as Lucas has that they are not perfect. Rafe like Sami and Lucas is flawed they are not all good but will never embrace the darkness.
It's funny how even the "good" characters can be different from each other. Lucas for instance is good now but we have seen him being bad in the past. His character evolved. With Rafe, I have not seen much bad, mostly good. Plus he's seen as a hero type figure and that's how he is meant to be portrayed. Lucas is a flawed character who viewers have actually seen do underhanded and manipulative schemes in the past to get what he wants, just like Sami. So in that sense, I would separate Rafe from Lucas in the good guy category. Lucas grew up and became mature due to being a dad and life experience. Rafe was brought on as a hero type character and that's pretty much how he is always portrayed. Sure he has faults but they are not as glaring as we have seen in Lucas in the past.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Helpless Romantic

JamaicanBeauty7
Oct 12 2012, 02:39 PM
Helpless Romantic
JamaicanBeauty7
Vicky4Mimi

James said that EJ and Sami "love each other but not necessarily in a romantic way." That doesn't mean that they are not "in love." It means exactly what he says. Do EJ and Sami have a romantic relationship? No, I'm fine with that. In fact, I love it. These are two fucked up people that have done really fucked up things to each other but always somehow end up back into each other's orbit. It's messy and I'd take thaty over any bullshit love story Days has tried to do over the years.
I will NEVER buy Sami as "in love" with EJ in lust? Yeah, love no. MarDar's randition of the syrupy sweet whitewhased EJAMI didn't sell me this last year and neither did Dena's long drawn out EJami summer scenes in 2010 complete with fishing hat proposal. At this point even Sami saying "she loves only him" wouldn't sell me. I will however agree that if from early 2006 had they kept Sami as the black sheep loser in love I would have been sold on EJAMI. As early on I will be big enough to admit they had potential. However Sami has not been written that way and I view Sami's "feelings" about EJ the same as I did Austin's "feelings" about Sami. She may care about him like Austin did Sami but when push came to shove it was proven that he loved Carrie more. Same thing with how Sami loves Rafe and Lucas on a deeper level than EJ. Who like Austin wanted out of Sami to change anytime they have had EJAMI play house since 2008 she believed "he changed". That is why this last go around I could get behind EJOLE because she loves and accepts him for wgho he is, Sami does not and never will. That has been proven time and again. There were periods where Sami got Austin but like with EJAMI its not meant to last before EJ's schemes like Sami's over Austin blew up.
First of all, when was Sami and EJ syrupy sweet under Mardar's tenure? I must have missed it when she cheated on Rafe with EJ, was bitching to Marlena, Carrie and the whole Brady clan for months, did corporate espionage, slapped the shit out of Carrie or was mad as hell when she found out was lying to her and was blackmailing Will. She wasn't even pleasant for long to EJ when Lexie died. Or maybe I missed it when EJ stole John's pension funds, ran a slimy campaign, cheated on Nicole, blackmailed Will, etc. etc.

Second, I have my own views about Sami's love for the 3 guys in her life right now. I'm not going to try to convince you to deviate from your current opinion but I hope you don't mind that I share my thoughts since you have done so. IMO, Lucas is Sami's first real love, but as of right now is based primarily on history and friendship. Rafe represents the "perfect guy" type that Sami has chased after for years, along with dream and fairytale, topped with ropes and unicorn poop. Looks like as of this week, Sami is going to learn that those kinds of guys don't exist, or at least that Rafe is far from it (thank goodness). EJ is the guy in her mind she neither shouldn't be with nor love but can't help to love. Everyone is ready to whip out the long list of (legitimate reasons why she shouldn't be with him and she tries her best to stay away but that never lasts long. So, I "buy" that they love each other. If you don't, that's fine.

Finally, I would be careful to use the word "never" when it comes to soaps, especially with this one. For a time, I thought Rafe would never would get outed for a secret the way others have on this show. Lo and behold, this week is going to change all of that and with Tomsell at the helm too. I also never thought they would make Nicole pregnant again but then she was so I thought, as much as I hate it, I guess she'll have the baby because there is no way they would have her lose another kid, right? Looks like I'm wrong again. Hell, I even thought I would never like Rafe in a storyline but Cafe changed my mind, at least temporarily. And that's just the "normal" stuff, I don't even want to start on the crazy, campy things some people thought they would never do.
Drinking wine in the midddle of the afternoon being very chummy with the near kissess and acting like nothing ever happened with R2 was whitewashing and being syrupy sweet and I am well aware that "never" is never "never" on a soap I was just saying I personally will never buy Sami being in love with EJ. I also don't ever intend to change anyones mind. I was just stating my opinion which is different then yours and thats all good. :)
Edited by Helpless Romantic, Oct 12 2012, 02:45 PM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

mcharles

Vicky4Mimi
Oct 12 2012, 02:29 PM
"I think I actively try and do that in going through these situations with actresses where the relationship is sort of bitterly resolving." [/b]

Thanks, music to my ears :rockon:

Quote:

Because of the lie of him not being the baby daddy and to create angst for the couple but that again reinforces to me that they want Sami and Rafe to be on an even playing field. With Rafe's lie and I weas not disagreeing that the dialogue making comparisons of light and dark wasn't lost on me but I have never viewed Rafe as perfect. This lie they had him tell was just to prolong the reunion as if they got together now it would be too fast, which is why I am thankful they don't sleep together. Also Sami when she loves someone has a tendency to think highly of them. I mean MarDar had her spewing about Lucas that he was her "role model" or mentor. No doubt Sami needs therapy and to be alone for a while to clear her head but Rafe has told her as Lucas has that they are not perfect. Rafe like Sami and Lucas is flawed they are not all good but will never embrace the darkness.

yet they stand back and bask in her basking in their perfection from time to time; like Rafe saying he won't lie to her like EJ. They both go up on a pedestal when it comes to Sami and if anything the lie showed what a joke these two are. Their insta-reunion :laugh: Rafe and his winning over EJ, their dates to the coffee shop and Brady pub with Sami in her Mrs. Dimera outfits; if ever there was a way of highlighting these two just don't fit it is this and :puke: if we are here again anytime soon.

Quote:

EJ's idea of love is pushing Sami against a wall or the desk and demanding that she tell him she loves him...haha..and she never does! Never has and never will!

yeah the way that EJ and Sami would NEVER be back in each other's orbits in a romantic way, much less thisclose to getting together :wub: and if I am not mistaken the last time she was up against the wall and desk it was not love he was demanding :makeout: and she sure gave him what he wanted :boobs:
Offline Profile Goto Top

Helpless Romantic

mcharles
Oct 12 2012, 02:43 PM
Vicky4Mimi
"I think I actively try and do that in going through these situations with actresses where the relationship is sort of bitterly resolving." [/b]

Thanks, music to my ears :rockon:

Quote:

Because of the lie of him not being the baby daddy and to create angst for the couple but that again reinforces to me that they want Sami and Rafe to be on an even playing field. With Rafe's lie and I weas not disagreeing that the dialogue making comparisons of light and dark wasn't lost on me but I have never viewed Rafe as perfect. This lie they had him tell was just to prolong the reunion as if they got together now it would be too fast, which is why I am thankful they don't sleep together. Also Sami when she loves someone has a tendency to think highly of them. I mean MarDar had her spewing about Lucas that he was her "role model" or mentor. No doubt Sami needs therapy and to be alone for a while to clear her head but Rafe has told her as Lucas has that they are not perfect. Rafe like Sami and Lucas is flawed they are not all good but will never embrace the darkness.

yet they stand back and bask in her basking in their perfection from time to time; like Rafe saying he won't lie to her like EJ. They both go up on a pedestal when it comes to Sami and if anything the lie showed what a joke these two are. Their insta-reunion :laugh: Rafe and his winning over EJ, their dates to the coffee shop and Brady pub with Sami in her Mrs. Dimera outfits; if ever there was a way of highlighting these two just don't fit it is this and :puke: if we are here again anytime soon.

Quote:

yeah the way that EJ and Sami would NEVER be back in each other's orbits in a romantic way, much less thisclose to getting together :wub: and if I am not mistaken the last time she was up against the wall and desk it was not love he was demanding :makeout: and she sure gave him what he wanted :boobs:
That "insta rerunion" was not meant to be the actual reunion and if the lie kept going for months and had they boinked (which they don't) would have made things much worse like Sami's lie did but Rafe's lie Sami finds out rather quickly and actually early on Rafe has told Sami that "nothing happened" with Nicole but she chose to ignore that fact.. so I hope he brings it up to her next week and at this point all of Sami's parings are jokes and not one is being better written for because they have Sami parading around from one man to the next.
Edited by Helpless Romantic, Oct 12 2012, 02:53 PM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

nolagirl
Member Avatar

lumifan4life
mcharles
Helpless Romantic
JamaicanBeauty7

I will NEVER buy Sami as "in love" with EJ in lust? Yeah, love no. MarDar's randition of the syrupy sweet whitewhased EJAMI didn't sell me this last year and neither did Dena's long drawn out EJami summer scenes in 2010 complete with fishing hat proposal. At this point even Sami saying "she loves only him" wouldn't sell me. I will however agree that if from early 2006 had they kept Sami as the black sheep loser in love I would have been sold on EJAMI. As early on I will be big enough to admit they had potential. However Sami has not been written that way and I view Sami's "feelings" about EJ the same as I did Austin's "feelings" about Sami. She may care about him like Austin did Sami but when push came to shove it was proven that he loved Carrie more. Same thing with how Sami loves Rafe and Lucas on a deeper level than EJ.
Her love for Lucas and Rafe is so much deeper than what she feels for EJ, yet she time and time again ends up back in EJ's orbit hurting those two. :ermm: I mean at this point, what is Sami's so called love worth. In the DA she told Rafe she never stopped loving him, yet she was banging Lucas and crawling all over EJ; so really, some love.

Personally I love the way that JS phrased it, what EJ and Sami share goes beyond romantic declarations that obviously mean very little when it comes to a woman like Sami, they have this push and pull, they cannot leave each other alone or let go no matter how much either protests, its twisted and a bit out there, but it is so them. Lucas and Rafe are basically interchangeable for Sami, the good guys, the stamp of approvals but only one EJ. :wub2:
Well yeah I'm glad EJ stands apart from Rafe and Lucas in the sense that he's done some pretty violent crap to Sami that the other two haven't. Oh and she shot him in the head too. That definitely makes him special, lol.
Well considering that she so enjoys greif sex, maybe she planned on banging his dead lifeless body at the morgue :shrug:
Offline Profile Goto Top

nolagirl
Member Avatar

Helpless Romantic
mcharles
Helpless Romantic
mcharles

EJ isn't immune to her cheating. She boinked Lucas after she married EJ in 2007 and proceeded to boink Rafe after shooting him in the head. SO EJ like the rest does not rate any better and I think its rather pathetic that EJ if hes so sure Sami loves him, why he must go to extremes to control her or lie everytime she "warms up" to him. Sami never used to be a slut but they playing the fanbases giving us all crumbs hasn't done the show or characters any favors.
the marriage to EJ back in 2007 was in name only, I mean her telling EJ she would have made his life a living hell painted that picture so I am not exactly seeing the 'cheating' angle here, you know that is why Lucas was so hurt when she did sleep with EJ in 2008 and I am quite sure EJAMI were broken up when she shot him and slept with Rafe.

I think Kate and Billie answered the question when it comes to why EJ does what he does; if I am not mistaken they spoke of Sami and her daddy issues, wanting the white knight. it really is not so much her choosing either of them over EJ, but the illusion of the perfect life, something they are highlighting IMO this time around.

The merry go round needs to stop there we can agree but on EJAMI being "perfect" for each other we just have to disagree . If Sami wanted EJ she would be with him no matter what anyone said that is also why I don't buy the wuv for him. We all see things differently and I respect that but my one wish is for the ping pomg match to end and I think we can agree there. Enough is enough. Sami also got over the illusion over the "white knight" when she stopped obseesing over Austin. Rafe is not perfect by any means. .
He's not??? God I missed a memo or and eppisode where someone didn't say How Great Thou Art Rafael Hernandez :drunk:
Offline Profile Goto Top

Helpless Romantic

lumifan4life
Oct 12 2012, 02:40 PM
Helpless Romantic
mcharles
Helpless Romantic

Because of the lie of him not being the baby daddy and to create angst for the couple but that again reinforces to me that they want Sami and Rafe to be on an even playing field. With Rafe's lie and I weas not disagreeing that the dialogue making comparisons of light and dark wasn't lost on me but I have never viewed Rafe as perfect. This lie they had him tell was just to prolong the reunion as if they got together now it would be too fast, which is why I am thankful they don't sleep together. Also Sami wheb she loves someone has a yendency to think highly of them. I mean MarDar had her spewing about Luycas that he was her "role model" or mentor. No doubt Sami needs therapy anf to be alone but Rafe has told her as Lucas has that they are not perfect. Rafe like Sami and Lucas is flawed they are not all good but will never embrace the darkness.
It's funny how even the "good" characters can be different from each other. Lucas for instance is good now but we have seen him being bad in the past. His character evolved. With Rafe, I have not seen much bad, mostly good. Plus he's seen as a hero type figure and that's how he is meant to be portrayed. Lucas is a flawed character who viewers have actually seen do underhanded and manipulative schemes in the past to get what he wants, just like Sami. So in that sense, I would separate Rafe from Lucas in the good guy category. Lucas grew up and became mature due to being a dad and life experience. Rafe was brought on as a hero type character and that's pretty much how he is always portrayed. Sure he has faults but they are not as glaring as we have seen in Lucas in the past.
If the PTB went into Rafe's past instead of beating the same merry go round to death.. we may have actually got more insight but the PTB no matter who it is always take the easy predictable route.
Offline Profile Goto Top

nolagirl
Member Avatar

Vicky4Mimi
nolagirl
Oct 12 2012, 01:45 PM
Vicky4Mimi

Did I miss something in the interview, or is this just part of it, I saw no mention of Ejole at all??????
Quote:

Lysie

Here are some of the things that missing from the original write-up.

James on why he stays at Days: "I stay because I like being there. If I didn't like being there, I wouldn't stay. There are times when you really have the opportunity to delve deep and the work can be very rewarding. I work with an incredible group of people. It's a very enjoyable experience."

James on the popularity of his character: "I definitely enjoy the dark side of EJ. I don't care if people like him at all. Likable is a relative term. They like the people that they dislike. They like to dislike them. I think that EJ's popularity, which is a measure of like, even if they dislike him, is based upon the fact that he is this guy who is not particularly liked and not particularly nice." He goes on to say that he's never had a fan say they want him to be nice, and that if anyone feels that way, they should write to him.

James on Joseph Mascolo: "Joe Mascolo has taugh me a tremendous amount . He leads with such a strong performance that you have to be able to follow his lead, so that's great, to be able to work with an actor who demands that you push yourself. It's a wonderful challenge to be given."

James on the Ejole relationship: "I think there is a lot further they could have gone with it. You know, the grief sex storyline; somebody still has to explain that to me." He goes on to say that he and Arianne Zucker still try to keep a spark alive in their scenes. He says he thinks you always need to find some space in the animosity to keep the door open for the future. "I think I actively try and do that in going through these situations with actresses where the relationship is sort of bitterly resolving."

James on Lauren Koslow: "Lauren Koslow is one of my favorite actresses to work with. The dynamic between EJ and Kate has the potential to be one of the most interesting on the show. They really like each other and I think want to watch out for one another." He goes on to say that they seem to really enjoying getting under one another's skin, and they even seem to enjoy having the other person getting under their skin. "They both know who the other person is and see through all of their shit. They don't try and play the same games with each other that they do with other people."

To read the full interview and also see what James does during his weeks off and read about his travel plans, pick up the latest issue of SOD.

Offline Profile Goto Top

lumifan4life

Helpless Romantic
Oct 12 2012, 02:57 PM
lumifan4life
Helpless Romantic
mcharles

If the PTB went into Rafe's past instead of beating the same merry go round to death.. we may have actually got more insight but the PTB no matter who it is always take the easy predictable route.
Rafe has been on the show for 4 years and he's pretty much been about Sami. It's unfortunate that he hasn't had much backstory. I'm not a fan but maybe I would appreciate him more if I knew more about his past and what made him the hero he is portrayed to be today. With a character like Lucas, I can appreciate the good man he is today because I saw him grow up and saw the bad stuff too with him finding out he was a Horton, the scheming to win Carrie, finding out he was Will's dad, the custody battle over Will, the alcoholism, the friendship/enemy phase/love story with Sami, his relationships with his mom Kate and his other siblings, etc. So I can look at a character like Lucas and say he's come a long way. With Rafe, I don't know anything about him really other than he has siblings, some dead some alive, he's a cop, he used to have a fiancee, and he likes to be the hero. If I'm missing anything else let me know but really I don't know much about him other than that, lol.
Edited by lumifan4life, Oct 12 2012, 03:09 PM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Helpless Romantic

nolagirl
Oct 12 2012, 02:56 PM
Helpless Romantic
mcharles
Helpless Romantic

He's not??? God I missed a memo or and eppisode where someone didn't say How Great Thou Art Rafael Hernandez :drunk:
LOL no hes not. I like your Nadia banner :wub: I hope we get some Broe interaction.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Helpless Romantic

lumifan4life
Oct 12 2012, 03:05 PM
Helpless Romantic
Oct 12 2012, 02:57 PM
lumifan4life
Helpless Romantic

Rafe has been on the show for 4 years and he's pretty much been about Sami. It's unfortunate that he hasn't had much backstory. I'm not a fan but maybe I would appreciate him more if I knew more about his past and what made him the hero he is portrayed to be today. With a character like Lucas, I can appreciate the good man he is today because I saw him grow up and saw the bad stuff too with him finding out he was a Horton, finding out he was Will's dad, the custody battle over Will, the alcoholism, the friendship/enemy phase/love story with Sami, his relationships with his mom Kate and his other siblings, etc. So I can look at a character like Lucas and say he's come a long way. With Rafe, I don't know anything about him really other than he has siblings, some dead some alive, he's a cop, he used to have a fiancee, and he likes to be the hero. If I'm missing anything else let me know but really I don't know much about him other than that, lol.
They had opportunities in 2009 to go into his back story but all was left untoched for the Sydnapping and the endless EJ and Sami war over the children.. to the never ending "triangle from hell".
Edited by Helpless Romantic, Oct 12 2012, 03:11 PM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

lysie
Member Avatar

Let's please not get into the same old fight. Also, if you're here and you think you're fooling the staff with something, you're not. ;)
Offline Profile Goto Top

Dee-anne

mcharles
Oct 12 2012, 02:16 PM
lumifan4life
Oct 12 2012, 02:13 PM
mcharles
Oct 12 2012, 02:10 PM
lumifan4life

sure, their own special fucked up relationship where they can do just about anything to each other and still come full circle :wub2: :wub:

No need for Mr. Perfect here, just as it should be :makeout:
Coming full circle would require Sami to fall madly in love with EJ. Hasn't happened yet.
yet being the operative word; like JS said, it won't be revisiting, it has not been done as yet, so here is to hoping we are there soon :cheers:
And does it matter if she is not in love with him, because he is definitely not in love with her.
Offline Profile Goto Top

nolagirl
Member Avatar

Helpless Romantic
Oct 12 2012, 03:07 PM
nolagirl
Oct 12 2012, 02:56 PM
Helpless Romantic
mcharles

LOL no hes not. I like your Nadia banner :wub: I hope we get some Broe interaction.
Thanks on the banner :wub:

Me too on the Broe - NB was so disrespected her last go round, and even though I was never a Broe I felt like the writers should have at least given them closure. I did see chemistry with EM before she left, so fingers crossed on that one. Brady needs a real love interest that doesn't die :blink: and I adore NB so can't wait for her to return.
Offline Profile Goto Top

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Enjoy forums? Start your own community for free.
Learn More · Register Now
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Locked Topic