Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Locked Topic
SOD Interview with James Scott
Topic Started: Oct 11 2012, 03:56 PM (12,676 Views)
lovin'EJ
Member Avatar

EJ and Sami were never really together, just the one night they made sydney. It's about time we get Ejami, a real relationship.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Tammy101
Member Avatar

Go JS! Ejami is as f'd up as any other couple on this show. Why not finally write them and shut us up? Sadly I will finally get my couple and frick and hack will write them;( Let the suckfest continue.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Tammy101
Member Avatar

Sorry double post
Edited by Tammy101, Oct 12 2012, 11:22 PM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Dee-anne

Daysdegrassi
Oct 12 2012, 11:39 PM
Remember how Sami told Rafe she gets sick thinking about Nicole? That's how EJami makes me feel. When I see EJami, I see forced chemistry and manipulation. When I see EJole, Safe or Lumi, I see true love, the kind which, as JS would put it, is a fairytale. EJ told Sami once about Nicole: "I love her. I have never wanted anyone or anything as much as her."

Sami told Rafe: "When I look at EJ, I realize that what I feel for him pales in comparison to what I feel for you."

Sami told Lucas: "When you're here, I feel at home."

EJ told Sami: "I hate to see you cry" while orchestrating the very thing that made her sad. EJ told Sami "I want us to be a family" while keeping a secret about how he kidnapped his own daughter and made Sami think she died. EJ told Sami "I love you" while hiring a man to impersonate her husband and rape her. And what has Sami told EJ? She sure hasn't told him she loves him, because she doesn't. Never has, never will. For all you EJami fans who say, "EJ apologized for what he has done to Sami" and vice versa, ask yourself this: If your husband or wife did all the things EJ has done to Sami, or Sami has done to EJ, would you forgive them? Would you forgive your spouse for shooting you? Raping you? Kidnapping your kid and making you think they were dead? Torturing someone you care about? I sure as hell wouldn't. I'll never understand how a masochist like EJ can be liked more than a hero like Rafe or a family man like Lucas.
I hate Ejami with a passion but, Sami has told EJ that she loved him. It was around the time when she was planning to marry EJ and behind his back she was having a passionate kiss with Rafe in his locker room.

She decided she loved EJ after seeing Rafe kissing Nicole. She went straight to EJ to tell him why wait to get married and it around that time she told him she loved him. I believed it as much as I believe EJ when he says it to her. These two (EJ & Sami) actions says a lot more than what comes out of their mouths.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Daysdegrassi
Member Avatar

Dee-anne
Oct 12 2012, 11:47 PM
Daysdegrassi
Remember how Sami told Rafe she gets sick thinking about Nicole? That's how EJami makes me feel. When I see EJami, I see forced chemistry and manipulation. When I see EJole, Safe or Lumi, I see true love, the kind which, as JS would put it, is a fairytale. EJ told Sami once about Nicole: "I love her. I have never wanted anyone or anything as much as her."

Sami told Rafe: "When I look at EJ, I realize that what I feel for him pales in comparison to what I feel for you."

Sami told Lucas: "When you're here, I feel at home."

EJ told Sami: "I hate to see you cry" while orchestrating the very thing that made her sad. EJ told Sami "I want us to be a family" while keeping a secret about how he kidnapped his own daughter and made Sami think she died. EJ told Sami "I love you" while hiring a man to impersonate her husband and rape her. And what has Sami told EJ? She sure hasn't told him she loves him, because she doesn't. Never has, never will. For all you EJami fans who say, "EJ apologized for what he has done to Sami" and vice versa, ask yourself this: If your husband or wife did all the things EJ has done to Sami, or Sami has done to EJ, would you forgive them? Would you forgive your spouse for shooting you? Raping you? Kidnapping your kid and making you think they were dead? Torturing someone you care about? I sure as hell wouldn't. I'll never understand how a masochist like EJ can be liked more than a hero like Rafe or a family man like Lucas.
I hate Ejami with a passion but, Sami has told EJ that she loved him. It was around the time when she was planning to marry EJ and behind his back she was having a passionate kiss with Rafe in his locker room.

She decided she loved EJ after seeing Rafe kissing Nicole. She went straight to EJ to tell him why wait to get married and it around that time she told him she loved him. I believed it as much as I believe EJ when he says it to her. These two (EJ & Sami) actions says a lot more than what comes out of their mouths.
Yes, but that is her lashing out at Rafe, not actually loving him. I agree about the last sentence you wrote haha.
Offline Profile Goto Top

DayDreamer
Member Avatar
Fan of EJ+ABBY!

Kansa
Oct 12 2012, 10:22 AM
I would agree with James on Ejami. You have the Romeo and Juliet factor with the warring families and the constant outside pressures/obstacles. With Ejami, though, you have the added complexity of a "thin line between love and hate" factor. That aspect reminds of Cathy and Heathcliff of Wuthering Heights, whose love was violent, passionate, unearthly. They were never really together, denied their feelings to an extent during their lifetimes, and even married other people. Yet their story is known as one of the greatest love stories in literature. I'm not saying Ejami and their story has been written perfectly - I think a lot of us have expressed frustration at the lack of continuity and poor storylines for our respective characters/storylines on DAYS. Additionally, I think that we will continue to see storylines and characters suffer under Tomsell. However, I am just commenting on what I see as the overall intention for Ejami and why I love it. Ejami does need to develop now, though, and gain some of those tender, placid moments in addition to those other characteristics. That being said, I never want to see them as a placid, traditional couple.

I like that James Scott doesn't care whether or not fans like E.J. For a very brief time, when he first came on the scene, I didn't like how he was originally written - as one dimensional eye candy for Sami, but the character has been allowed to develop and James plays him with such confidence and complexity - - I just love him. I'm glad that Kristen is back and will put more focus on the Dimera dynamic because I want E.J. to deepen as a character. I definitely want Ejami to grow, also, but it would be nice to see E.J. and Sami also growing as individuals.

I'm expecting poor storylines to continue under Tomsell, but I was glad to hear the perspective James has. Thanks for posting!
I totally agree with this.
Offline Profile Goto Top

gailwinters
Member Avatar

Daysdegrassi
I'll never understand how a masochist like EJ can be liked more than a hero like Rafe or a family man like Lucas.
Because it's a soap, not real life.

In all honesty, since I became an adult, I have generally preferred the imperfect scoundrel to the anointed hero in books, tv, and movies. A flawed character who must constantly fight against his or her natural instincts is way more interesting to me than the good guy who just goes around being good. I see EJ as a flawed man who just can't resist the dark side of his personality (even though he knows it will turn out badly) although the writers on Days tend to go overboard and turn him into a cartoonish villain because they either don't have the skill or the patience to develop a realistic story.

Liking the character of EJ has very little to do with my dislike of Rafe. I actually like Lucas when they give him a real story.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Kali
Member Avatar

I haven't read the whole thread, but I like the article. Ejami aren't ever going to be a "magical wedding in the woods" romantic type of couple. That doesn't mean they can't or don't have a fierce, sexual love between them. I do continue to hold out hope that they'll be together, and Sami will finally acknowledge her love for him. And they'll have lots of sex.

And count me among the viewers that miss Ejill. I loved their dynamic, and I loved that with EJ, Will became what I always thought Lucas and Sami's son would be--a manipulative, "ends justifies the means" type of guy. If I were CM, I'd be pretty pissed that I went from being in an A storyline to what he's in now. TPTB didn't need to keep the EJill relationship the focus of Will's SL, but it could still have been a part of it. He could have continued to work for him.

I'm looking forward to Kristin--I loved her back in the day. Her transition from good girl to villainess was very well-done, IMO.
Offline Profile Goto Top

spartan
Member Avatar

Daysdegrassi
For all you EJami fans who say, "EJ apologized for what he has done to Sami" and vice versa, ask yourself this: If your husband or wife did all the things EJ has done to Sami, or Sami has done to EJ, would you forgive them? Would you forgive your spouse for shooting you? Raping you? Kidnapping your kid and making you think they were dead? Torturing someone you care about? I sure as hell wouldn't. I'll never understand how a masochist like EJ can be liked more than a hero like Rafe or a family man like Lucas.
Uh, I don't compare my real life with the reel life on a soap. I wouldn't have been able to watch this show for 20 plus years if I did. EJami isn't the first fictional couple either that I have loved but would never condone in real life. No big.

And if I had a dime for every time I had to justify why I love EJami, a fictional couple on a soap, with not being for them if they were a real life couple, I'd be living in the Kiriakis or Dimera mansion by now. Oh wait........that's not real either. ;)
Online Profile Goto Top

lysie
Member Avatar

Daysdegrassi
For all you EJami fans who say...
This is not appropriate for this board. It is clear baiting. Thank you to those who responded without also breaking any rules.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Daysdegrassi
Member Avatar

How was my post breaking rules?
Offline Profile Goto Top

lysie
Member Avatar

Daysdegrassi
Oct 13 2012, 11:10 AM
How was my post breaking rules?
For the exact reason that I said. If you have further questions, use the pm system.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Winterfaire

Ireland98
Oct 11 2012, 03:56 PM
DAYS James Scott Chats on EJAMI, Eileen Davidson, and Chandler Massey!

Days of our Lives James Scott (EJ DiMera) is the main feature interview in this week’s Soap Opera Digest on newsstands now, so make sure to pick up a copy! In his chat, the talented fan favorite discussed a myriad of subjects including: the status of the long-awaited EJami reunion, working with the just returned Eileen Davidson (Kristen), and the Will and EJ relationship, where the actor admits he enjoyed working with Daytime Emmy winner, Chandler Massey (Will)! Below are a few excerpts from the interview!

James on DAYS seemingly working toward an EJami pairing: “They’re not really re-visiting it. They have never done it. I think it’s about time, frankly. There is a good opportunity for story there. Alison Sweeney (Sami) and I work very well together. It’s sort of a fairy tale. They don’t play it so much now, but the Bradys and the DiMeras have a history. You have these two waring families, and then this sort of love between these two people who should not really love each other. They do love each other. Not in a romantic way, necessarily. They care for each other very much. I think there is always the potential to have a very powerful relationship.”

http://michaelfairmansoaps.com/news/days-james-scott-chats-on-ejami-eileen-davidson-and-chandler-massey/2012/10/11/?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter
It's true. Day's has never given EJ and Samantha a true romance or enduring "love story." It's time.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Dee-anne

Winterfaire
Oct 13 2012, 05:20 PM
Ireland98
Oct 11 2012, 03:56 PM
DAYS James Scott Chats on EJAMI, Eileen Davidson, and Chandler Massey!

Days of our Lives James Scott (EJ DiMera) is the main feature interview in this week’s Soap Opera Digest on newsstands now, so make sure to pick up a copy! In his chat, the talented fan favorite discussed a myriad of subjects including: the status of the long-awaited EJami reunion, working with the just returned Eileen Davidson (Kristen), and the Will and EJ relationship, where the actor admits he enjoyed working with Daytime Emmy winner, Chandler Massey (Will)! Below are a few excerpts from the interview!

James on DAYS seemingly working toward an EJami pairing: “They’re not really re-visiting it. They have never done it. I think it’s about time, frankly. There is a good opportunity for story there. Alison Sweeney (Sami) and I work very well together. It’s sort of a fairy tale. They don’t play it so much now, but the Bradys and the DiMeras have a history. You have these two waring families, and then this sort of love between these two people who should not really love each other. They do love each other. Not in a romantic way, necessarily. They care for each other very much. I think there is always the potential to have a very powerful relationship.”

http://michaelfairmansoaps.com/news/days-james-scott-chats-on-ejami-eileen-davidson-and-chandler-massey/2012/10/11/?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter
It's true. Day's has never given EJ and Samantha a true romance or enduring "love story." It's time.
I have already watched them play happy family and they are just as dull as safe, well I think they are worst considering everything else. Six years of trying them every which way is more than enough.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Ms. Jynesis

That is some great insight, James. They really haven't done a true EJ/Sami TOGETHER FOR REAL storyline. There's always a lie, or another relationship at the moment, or a feud, or a pregnancy. It's just irritating! I'm glad he spoke up about it. They do work well together, both he and Alison and he and Chandler. All this Safe crap is getting on my nerves. Sami turns into a mini Rafe: self-righteous, boring, plaid-wearing, and snobby. It's just not Samantha Brady. She needs a dark knight, not a cop. :p I miss old Sami.
Offline Profile Goto Top

lazydazes
Member Avatar

what is james scott smoking? There is no love story to tell because it`s NOT a love tale. Now where he`s getting all these shakespearan elements for ejam is wondrous to me. I will agree though that the ejami story has had a lot of horrific tragedy and it`s the major reason why i will NEVER support the story.
He just sounds really arrogant/pompous to me and making assumptions for the audience that aren`t true. Not everyone is sitting before their tv sets waiting breathlessly for ejami to happen, bro. They`re just not. As for ej/will, i am glad that it`s over. Will`s story is much more entertaining and enjoyable now that he`s with sonny and it`s focusing on them. I can do without will being ej`s fanboy. But like always js is saying a lot while saying nothing at all.
Offline Profile Goto Top

magicsteacher
Member Avatar

lazydazes
Oct 14 2012, 06:19 AM
what is james scott smoking? There is no love story to tell because it`s NOT a love tale. Now where he`s getting all these shakespearan elements for ejam is wondrous to me. I will agree though that the ejami story has had a lot of horrific tragedy and it`s the major reason why i will NEVER support the story.
He just sounds really arrogant/pompous to me and making assumptions for the audience that aren`t true. Not everyone is sitting before their tv sets waiting breathlessly for ejami to happen, bro. They`re just not. As for ej/will, i am glad that it`s over. Will`s story is much more entertaining and enjoyable now that he`s with sonny and it`s focusing on them. I can do without will being ej`s fanboy. But like always js is saying a lot while saying nothing at all.
Super post and ICAM!
Offline Profile Goto Top

camera shy

One of my biggest problem with ejami is that everyone had to change for them to work. There's no way Will would be a friends with EJ, a man who raped his mother and try to kill his father. Not the Will I watched grow up on this show. AS once took a lot of heat when she made a remark about why ejami would never work as a couple and she has said what EJ and Sami feel for each other she wouldn't describe as love. So at least AS, unlike JS remembers what this couple has done to one another.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Miss Rhi
Member Avatar
"If Sami can't find happiness with a Martian, then she can't find happiness with anyone."

For the first time in a long time I actually didn't mind how Ejami was being written when Sami was helping EJ "on the run" but as soon as these writers came back you could tell the tides were changing. I hope they don't turn EJ into a rage machine again who constantly does the teapot stance with slicked back hair.
Offline Profile Goto Top

angie37
Member Avatar

I still say that if the writers want to go for Ejami, whether many of us think it's sick or not, they should go for it once and for all but cut people like Rafe and Lucas loose so they can move the hell on. If they're all that and a bag of chips, they don't need interlopers to keep them interesting.

This constant merry-go-round of swapping places in Sami's bed is beyond old and has been the major turn off for years now.
Offline Profile Goto Top

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Locked Topic