Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Locked Topic
SOD Interview with James Scott
Topic Started: Oct 11 2012, 03:56 PM (13,033 Views)
JamaicanBeauty7
Member Avatar

Daysdegrassi
Oct 12 2012, 11:52 PM
Dee-anne
Oct 12 2012, 11:47 PM
Daysdegrassi
Oct 12 2012, 11:39 PM
Remember how Sami told Rafe she gets sick thinking about Nicole? That's how EJami makes me feel. When I see EJami, I see forced chemistry and manipulation. When I see EJole, Safe or Lumi, I see true love, the kind which, as JS would put it, is a fairytale. EJ told Sami once about Nicole: "I love her. I have never wanted anyone or anything as much as her."

Sami told Rafe: "When I look at EJ, I realize that what I feel for him pales in comparison to what I feel for you."

Sami told Lucas: "When you're here, I feel at home."

EJ told Sami: "I hate to see you cry" while orchestrating the very thing that made her sad. EJ told Sami "I want us to be a family" while keeping a secret about how he kidnapped his own daughter and made Sami think she died. EJ told Sami "I love you" while hiring a man to impersonate her husband and rape her. And what has Sami told EJ? She sure hasn't told him she loves him, because she doesn't. Never has, never will. For all you EJami fans who say, "EJ apologized for what he has done to Sami" and vice versa, ask yourself this: If your husband or wife did all the things EJ has done to Sami, or Sami has done to EJ, would you forgive them? Would you forgive your spouse for shooting you? Raping you? Kidnapping your kid and making you think they were dead? Torturing someone you care about? I sure as hell wouldn't. I'll never understand how a masochist like EJ can be liked more than a hero like Rafe or a family man like Lucas.
I hate Ejami with a passion but, Sami has told EJ that she loved him. It was around the time when she was planning to marry EJ and behind his back she was having a passionate kiss with Rafe in his locker room.

She decided she loved EJ after seeing Rafe kissing Nicole. She went straight to EJ to tell him why wait to get married and it around that time she told him she loved him. I believed it as much as I believe EJ when he says it to her. These two (EJ & Sami) actions says a lot more than what comes out of their mouths.
Yes, but that is her lashing out at Rafe, not actually loving him. I agree about the last sentence you wrote haha.
She also told EJ while he was in a coma after she shot him in the head "I have loved you and hated you...sometimes at the same time. But I never thought it would end like this."
Offline Profile Goto Top

dragonflies
Member Avatar

JS put down the pipe and step away. Oye vey, they've never done EJami, seriously WTF
Offline Profile Goto Top

outrageous
Member Avatar

When have they done an EJ and Sami love story? I know I've never seen it.
Online Profile Goto Top

Lady Evol

I'm sappy and lame so I love Safe- but honestly I'd be happy if Sami was just settled in a relationship at this point. I don't even care who it's with! I'd watch Samano or Samiel if that meant her revolving man door was closed. I don't care about chemistry- that's in the eye of the beholder. I don't care about history- that changes with the writers.

So if James wants to step up and saddle that wild horse, more power to him. Just let the writers move on to real stories, for the love of god!!!
Offline Profile Goto Top

jackjenfan
Member Avatar

I would love to see EJ actually encounter his mother. She was a crazy character, but I think she'd bring a sweetness that he sorely needs in his life. They could tone down the character a bit and still be true to what she once was. Also they could finally explain how a baby EJ ended up with Stefano in the first place.

I think making EJ and Sami's story a love story would be a mistake at this point. I think that relationship has been mishandled by the writers since after the first year. I think they have tried to spin a love story from their relationship, but they always just end up with a lot of bad. I loved EJ's pairing with Nicole though. Sami, however, I don't know who I would like to see her with at this point.

I adored her relationship with Lucus once, but they've just made her so terribly fickle that I just can't see her in a serious relationship with anyone without her being constantly at the ready to give the guy a kick to the curb the moment what she deems as a better prize comes along.

I almost fell for EJ and Sami together once, on their last engagement. EJ was so wonderfully honest about his feelings it made me want to see Sami take a chance on him. I really, really believed him. But then she ditched him at the altar for Rafe and that was that. It was the most brutal kick in the pants I'd ever seen on a soap and it made me want better for EJ than his never ending drive to get Sami.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Star784
Member Avatar

Oh Sami just die.
Offline Profile Goto Top

MericP
Member Avatar

I really hope they do Ejami - for REAL this time. I agree with James; it has never been done. Teased, yes, but I want to see a writer fully commit to giving them a chance.

Safe had their chance and we got to "enjoy" Sami running around in ugly plaid shirts and a bitchy, holier than though attitude much like her Neanderthal husband Rafe. We all know Tomlin loves GG and Safe but we are over it.
Offline Profile Goto Top

talbab1994
Member Avatar

MericP
Oct 15 2012, 04:35 AM
I really hope they do Ejami - for REAL this time. I agree with James; it has never been done. Teased, yes, but I want to see a writer fully commit to giving them a chance.

Safe had their chance and we got to "enjoy" Sami running around in ugly plaid shirts and a bitchy, holier than though attitude much like her Neanderthal husband Rafe. We all know Tomlin loves GG and Safe but we are over it.
I just hope that they commit to one couple and go with it! I don't care who it is but just crap or get off the pot! :D Pick one! For all of the rest of us who are tired of Sami and her million men, PLEASE!
Offline Profile Goto Top

NikiLani
Member Avatar

I think writing Sami and EJ as a believable romantic is near impossible. MarDar tried, had they not been fired these two characters would be together no doubt. There's only one problem that I never bought them, not for one second. They both had a personality transplant literally overnight. They went from caring that the other ruined their life somehow and justifiably hated them for it to suddenly not giving two figs about being shot, raped or that they broke apart the respective marriages and suddenly becoming bosom buddies. I don't buy the idea that they could work when individually they are wired as screwed up, volatile and VENGEFUL people. If Sami loved EJ I could understand why she never buried EJ for what he did to her when he forced himself on her but she doesn't so wtf? And EJ would have sent not just Sami but her whole family to prison for the two attempts on his life, he doesn't love her so he clings to her sins until an opportune time to use against her and there's the matter of Rafe2. They don't love each other and never will because their history makes it hard not just for the characters but for the writers and viewers to move past it.
Edited by NikiLani, Oct 15 2012, 06:18 AM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

LucasHortonFan
Please write 4 Bryan Dattilo, Give him a love interest.

I still think this is just what James wants to happen, not what will happen.
Offline Profile Goto Top

magicsteacher
Member Avatar

jackjenfan
Oct 15 2012, 12:50 AM
I would love to see EJ actually encounter his mother. She was a crazy character, but I think she'd bring a sweetness that he sorely needs in his life. They could tone down the character a bit and still be true to what she once was. Also they could finally explain how a baby EJ ended up with Stefano in the first place.

I think making EJ and Sami's story a love story would be a mistake at this point. I think that relationship has been mishandled by the writers since after the first year. I think they have tried to spin a love story from their relationship, but they always just end up with a lot of bad. I loved EJ's pairing with Nicole though. Sami, however, I don't know who I would like to see her with at this point.

I adored her relationship with Lucus once, but they've just made her so terribly fickle that I just can't see her in a serious relationship with anyone without her being constantly at the ready to give the guy a kick to the curb the moment what she deems as a better prize comes along.

I almost fell for EJ and Sami together once, on their last engagement. EJ was so wonderfully honest about his feelings it made me want to see Sami take a chance on him. I really, really believed him. But then she ditched him at the altar for Rafe and that was that. It was the most brutal kick in the pants I'd ever seen on a soap and it made me want better for EJ than his never ending drive to get Sami.
Ej may have been honest about his feelings for Sami at that time, too bad he forgot to be honest about kidnapping Sydney and making everyone think she was dead. That is why IMO, it is impossible to make them a romantic love story-- their relationship always involves some type of lying, manipulation, or blackmail..
Offline Profile Goto Top

SocRMum1
Member Avatar
Much prefers sweevil, snarky EJ over Father Figure Fucktard Eejiot.

magicsteacher
Oct 15 2012, 07:07 AM
jackjenfan

Ej may have been honest about his feelings for Sami at that time, too bad he forgot to be honest about kidnapping Sydney and making everyone think she was dead. That is why IMO, it is impossible to make them a romantic love story-- their relationship always involves some type of lying, manipulation, or blackmail..
It has up to now...but that's a choice of the writers. They could just as easily choose to rebuild them without a huge secret or manipulation poised to tear them apart which is much the way it seemed to be headed up to the cliffhanger.

It really comes down to whatever direction the writers decide to take. Given Tomlin's history of preferring the sugary sweet teeny bopperish romance I'm not holding out a lot of hope for a good EJami story - but it could be done if they chose to.
Offline Profile Goto Top

magicsteacher
Member Avatar

SocRMum1
Oct 15 2012, 09:03 AM
magicsteacher
jackjenfan

It has up to now...but that's a choice of the writers. They could just as easily choose to rebuild them without a huge secret or manipulation poised to tear them apart which is much the way it seemed to be headed up to the cliffhanger.

It really comes down to whatever direction the writers decide to take. Given Tomlin's history of preferring the sugary sweet teeny bopperish romance I'm not holding out a lot of hope for a good EJami story - but it could be done if they chose to.
But Mardar were the ones who wrote the story of Ej framing John which set up the grief sex incident. Unless they were planning on eliminating their own stoyline ejami was still going to have that lie to deal with as Ej never came clean to Sami about any of that. Of course, you are right, it depends on yhe writers, but so far all the writers have put those factors into their relationship.
Offline Profile Goto Top

SocRMum1
Member Avatar

magicsteacher
Oct 15 2012, 09:38 AM
SocRMum1
magicsteacher
jackjenfan

But Mardar were the ones who wrote the story of Ej framing John which set up the grief sex incident. Unless they were planning on eliminating their own stoyline ejami was still going to have that lie to deal with as Ej never came clean to Sami about any of that. Of course, you are right, it depends on yhe writers, but so far all the writers have put those factors into their relationship.
I never thought EJ's role in John's troubles would have been an issue for Sami - if anything, I figured she assumed it was him much like everyone else in Salem seemed to. There was never any indication in the writing that it was being set up to be an issue between EJami down the road so I would have been surprised if it ever came up again. In fact, I still doubt that it ever will. Typically DAYS writers aren't subtle - they make it very clear to the audience when something is going to come back to bite a character in the ass. Much like the Sydnapping did for EJ or the grief sex did for Sami and EJ in their relationships at the time.
Offline Profile Goto Top

LuvingLumi
Member Avatar
♥ Thanks to Reese for the Avi♥

SocRMum1
Oct 15 2012, 10:30 AM
magicsteacher
SocRMum1
magicsteacher

Quoting limited to 4 levels deep

I never thought EJ's role in John's troubles would have been an issue for Sami - if anything, I figured she assumed it was him much like everyone else in Salem seemed to. There was never any indication in the writing that it was being set up to be an issue between EJami down the road so I would have been surprised if it ever came up again. In fact, I still doubt that it ever will. Typically DAYS writers aren't subtle - they make it very clear to the audience when something is going to come back to bite a character in the ass. Much like the Sydnapping did for EJ or the grief sex did for Sami and EJ in their relationships at the time.
Oh I disagree....I thought MarDar for months made a concerted effort in showing that Sami blamed a lot of her marriage going down the tubes on the effects John's case had on everything from Carrie and Rafe getting closer as a result of trying to prove John's innocence to the person taking a shot into the pub leading to deadbabysex and all that followed. I do think they were building it up pretty consistently for months having Sami say on occasion that John's thing had a lot to do with her and Rafe growing distant over time and created a path for Rafe and Carrie to grow closer. I don't think those mentions were for nothing.

I doubt that they will even bring it up now, with the writing change they seem to be trying to get as far away from that as they can. I actually thought that would have been a good way to bring down Ej as mayor, not what they used to bring him down...I thought the pieces MarDar were laying out was all centered on Billie finding the proof she needed and exposing Ej, that would have probably had repercussions breaking up Ejami and bringing Ej down as mayor.
Offline Profile Goto Top

magicsteacher
Member Avatar

LuvingLumi
Oct 15 2012, 10:42 AM
SocRMum1
magicsteacher
SocRMum1

Oh I disagree....I thought MarDar for months made a concerted effort in showing that Sami blamed a lot of her marriage going down the tubes on the effects John's case had on everything from Carrie and Rafe getting closer as a result of trying to prove John's innocence to the person taking a shot into the pub leading to deadbabysex and all that followed. I do think they were building it up pretty consistently for months having Sami say on occasion that John's thing had a lot to do with her and Rafe growing distant over time and created a path for Rafe and Carrie to grow closer. I don't think those mentions were for nothing.

I doubt that they will even bring it up now, with the writing change they seem to be trying to get as far away from that as they can. I actually thought that would have been a good way to bring down Ej as mayor, not what they used to bring him down...I thought the pieces MarDar were laying out was all centered on Billie finding the proof she needed and exposing Ej, that would have probably had repercussions breaking up Ejami and bringing Ej down as mayor.
I agree. I sincerely doubt they will bring up the whole deal with John now. TomSell does seem to want to erase all that happened under Mardar, but I do think it would have been a good way to eliminate Ej as mayor. In fact, that is one of the reasons I thought they brought Billie back.
Offline Profile Goto Top

SocRMum1
Member Avatar

LuvingLumi
SocRMum1
magicsteacher
SocRMum1

I agree they had Sami mention it alot but I thought it was more to give her a reason to act like such a petulant brat toward Marlena for always 'choosing John' over her and the rest of the family. Under MarDar Sami apparently still despised John and my take was couldn't have cared less who set him up - her issue was in Marlena's choices and actions as a result of it.
Edited by SocRMum1, Oct 15 2012, 11:06 AM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

LucasHortonFan
Please write 4 Bryan Dattilo, Give him a love interest.

Inst this an old interview though? I cant see them going with Ej and Sami now.
Offline Profile Goto Top

nolagirl
Member Avatar

SocRMum1
Oct 15 2012, 11:05 AM
LuvingLumi
SocRMum1
magicsteacher

I agree they had Sami mention it alot but I thought it was more to give her a reason to act like such a petulant brat toward Marlena for always 'choosing John' over her and the rest of the family. Under MarDar Sami apparently still despised John and my take was couldn't have cared less who set him up - her issue was in Marlena's choices and actions as a result of it.
Have to admit Mar/Dar seemed to know the Real Sami better than Tom/Sell want too. The real Sami would have acted the way they portrayed her blaming everyone for everything and never accepting responsiblity for anything. She's hated John/Marlena for years for so many things, on the Marlena aspect Carrie first and foremost. IMHO they brought the real Sami back, jumping back to Lucas her faithful laptog (wish they'd free BD of that and give him a better role in the show). Shifting blame by making statement about how Rafe and Nicole were wrong for what she thinks they did instead of accepting that if they had it was a rsult of "Cough" greif sex. So many things I felt like Mar/Dar (while I didn't particularly love their writing at least they seemed to be writing some characters true to form.

As for Ejami peronally I'm tired of the Merry go round, tired of watching all the men fall at Sami's precious feet. If they want to know what is ruining Day's it's building the show around this one character.
Offline Profile Goto Top

concerned
Member Avatar

magicsteacher
jackjenfan

EJ hated Sami when he started the Sydnapping it was only after he started spending time with her during that he realised he loved her.

Sometimes you start out doing one thing for all the right reasons only to get sidetracked and realise you have to change the plan.

And most of Sami's relationships include some type of lying, manipulation, or blackmail. (usually her doing it so I can't understand why she gets so antsy about it).
Edited by concerned, Oct 15 2012, 03:17 PM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
ZetaBoards gives you all the tools to create a successful discussion community.
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Locked Topic