Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Spoilers for the week of October 22nd; *updated 10/16*
Topic Started: Oct 11 2012, 05:27 PM (27,758 Views)
NikiLani
Member Avatar

LuvingLumi
Oct 16 2012, 07:53 AM
Lucas continues to be the voice of the audience and I'm glad someone isn't forgetting to tell Sami exactly what and who she is.
This is probably why Safe reunite so quickly, there's no fallout but then Sami is crazy for even feigning righteous indignation at this little lie compared the mammoth stuff she has pulled against Rafe himself, let alone with him at her side (Does Grace ring a bell?)
Edited by NikiLani, Oct 16 2012, 08:17 AM.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

leah09
Member Avatar

rpmaluki
Oct 16 2012, 08:09 AM
I think the fall was on the same day the doctor declared the baby dead, she was wearing the awful granny shirt.
That shirt looked like a great grandmother's kitchen curtains.

Another thing, I realize Nicole was pregnant but they made sure to make her look as unattractive as humanly possible, and they had Jennifer all dolled-up in a skin-tight, sexy dress. They really went all out making sure Jen-Jen looks like the better catch. :puke: Maybe when they move Nicole away from this mess, they'll let her look herself - and that's way more beautiful than a certain someone!

appleblossom

rpmaluki
Oct 16 2012, 08:15 AM
LuvingLumi
Oct 16 2012, 07:53 AM
Lucas continues to be the voice of the audience and I'm glad someone isn't forgetting to tell Sami exactly what and who she is.
This is probably why Safe reunite so quickly, there's no fallout but then Sami is crazy for even feigning righteous indignation at this little lie compared the mammoth stuff she has pulled against Rafe himself, let alone with him at her side (Does Grace ring a bell?)
Way to go Lucas! Take no crap off Sami!

lysie
Member Avatar

I really don't think the writing is even relevant anymore. I think these writers suck but discussion doesn't match what airs anyway. Meanwhile, I'm losing all enthusiasm for Kristen. Her return has been so dull and none of he spoilers are making me change my mind on that.

Romancer66

ChampagneRiver
Oct 16 2012, 07:18 AM
So Nicole drops the charges and Daniel finds a clue that could clear Jennifer. It sounds like this whole storyline is about to fizzle out into a big pile of nothing. I guess it really was just an way to kill Nicole's baby and reunite Dannifer. :shame:

And the Bo exit...WTF is wrong with these people?

Yup. I'd hoped there was a method to this (and Jennifer's) madness, but apparently not. The most superficial reason--to hastily reunite a boring, shallow, largely unpopular couple--turns out to be the case.

And gee, after weeks of being a raging, screeching, self-righteous harpy, Jen-Jen has suddenly morphed back into a doe-eyed, handwringing, helpless damsel-in-distress--ripe for the plucking by "heroic white knight" Daniel. And all it took was the death of another woman's baby to effect that miraculous transformation. :flipoff: No therapy, no treatment, no soul-searching, no introspection . . . and no story. No courtroom drama that divides the town, no fall-out, and no consequences--for anyone except Nicole, that is. We've probably seen the last of Bitchifer, who will instead spend the rest of fall and winter fawning over her "savior", though I suppose it's possible she'll resurface when Chloe returns and Daniel's roving eye inevitably strays again.

As for the lack of Bo spoilers during PR's last weeks . . . what more can I say? :shame:

lumifan4life

Not surprised at all that Lucas calls Sami out, lol. Hello he's the only one who tells her the truth about herself and she listens to him because he's always right. That's why Lumi work in any capacity. There is absolutely no bullshit between them.

Yeah Kristen's hype has turned into her scheming to help her pathetic brother win a woman who doesn't want him. I didn't really pay attention to her the last time she was around and pretty sure I'll be doing the same this time.

NikiLani
Member Avatar

They are writing for a select few the most implausible dramaless drivel which is truly loathsome it could be considered an artform. Why haven't we seen the likes of Jarlena/Bope/Kate/Victor/Stefano in true to form fashion? They try with the younger set but with the latest spoilers they are just as doomed as the 30s group.....suck, suck, suck!

Ireland98

Another week of crap. :frustration:

Really annoyed with Bo's exit. For one thing, Caroline having Alzheimer's was yet another story done too fast. But I wish Bo's exit wasn't focused so much on Caroline. How long has PR been on Days? And this is how he's going out? Even if he does plan to come back someday, we don't know if that will happen. So disappointing. :shame:

NikiLani
Member Avatar

How fair is it that Nicole is really the ONLY loser in this and she did nothing to warrant losing her husband and her child?

lysie
Member Avatar

rpmaluki
Oct 16 2012, 08:39 AM
How fair is it that Nicole is really the ONLY loser in this and she did nothing to warrant losing her husband and her child?
She did plenty to warrant losing her husband but no one ever does anything to warrant losing a child and Jennifer didn't do anything to warrant going to jail for murder. Nicole is the loser again, which I agree is old and overdone, because of her own decisions.

lumifan4life

I feel bad for all women who lose children. But I still cannot for some reason see Nicole as this innocent victim here. I don't see Jennifer as innocent either. I actually see none of them as innocent in anything. So I really can't have sympathy for anyone in this situation at all, lol.

px780
Member Avatar
Streetcorner Philosopher

lumifan4life
Oct 16 2012, 09:01 AM
I feel bad for all women who lose children. But I still cannot for some reason see Nicole as this innocent victim here. I don't see Jennifer as innocent either. I actually see none of them as innocent in anything. So I really can't have sympathy for anyone in this situation at all, lol.
In the hands of better writers (and actors) this kind of complexity could actually be interesting. Rafe, Dan, and Jen aren't clear heroes, imho, and Nicole isn't a clear villain. But it really is just kind of...flat, because they're absolving Dan through his devotion to Jen, and absolving Jen because she's (according to the show) falsely accused. That just doesn't work for me, I don't believe it. And once again I find myself looking at the writing and structure of a story instead of enjoying how it plays out. Which is strange, because I don't believe for a second the writers pay as much attention to that as the fans do.

They should have just killed the baby with the Daysaster.

Edited by px780, Oct 16 2012, 09:13 AM.

esp13
Member Avatar

Funny enough, I have sympathy for all of them. I feel bad for Nicole for losing her baby, even if she made several bad choices that may have contributed to that. I feel bad for Jennifer, regardless of how she treated Nicole, because she clearly didn't intend for Nicole to fall or lose her baby, and she doesn't deserve jail. I feel bad for EJ for losing a child, even if I think he made as many bad choices as Nicole did. I feel bad for Rafe and Daniel who had bonded to one degree or another with the baby.

lysie
Member Avatar

px780
Oct 16 2012, 09:12 AM
lumifan4life
In the hands of better writers (and actors) this kind of complexity could actually be interesting. Rafe, Dan, and Jen aren't clear heroes, imho, and Nicole isn't a clear villain. But it really is just kind of...flat, because they're absolving Dan through his devotion to Jen, and absolving Jen because she's (according to the show) falsely accused. That just doesn't work for me, I http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EeAF4mU6cWU&feature=youtube_gdata_playerdon't believe it. And once again I find myself looking at the writing and structure of a story instead of enjoying how it plays out. Which is strange, because I don't believe for a second the writers pay as much attention to that as the fans do.

Everything is according to the show. That's how television works. The one time the show didn't decide (Zack's paternity), they went back and changed it. Jennifer is not responsible for Nicole's baby's stillbirth. Not being welcoming to a pregnant person doesn't kill the baby. Yelling at a pregnant person doesn't kill the baby. That baby lived through an explosion. Jennifer's anger was nothing.

SoapGal1
Member Avatar

These are the lamest bunch of spoilers yet! And it's leading into sweeps for gripes sakes!

These idiot writers have ruined every thing worth watching with their shitty rushed stories.

I don't even care about Kristen at this point.

LuvingLumi
Member Avatar
♥ LUMI ♥

px780
lumifan4life
In the hands of better writers (and actors) this kind of complexity could actually be interesting. Rafe, Dan, and Jen aren't clear heroes, imho, and Nicole isn't a clear villain. But it really is just kind of...flat, because they're absolving Dan through his devotion to Jen, and absolving Jen because she's (according to the show) falsely accused. That just doesn't work for me, I don't believe it. And once again I find myself looking at the writing and structure of a story instead of enjoying how it plays out. Which is strange, because I don't believe for a second the writers pay as much attention to that as the fans do.

That would have been an option, or they could have really had Jen accidentally push Nicole down the stairs and it would have REALLY resulted in her baby being still born. What makes this story flat was the fact that we the audience knows that the baby was dead already before the fall....why can't they REALLY ramp up the stakes and have a character or two suffer as a result. What is the big deal? They feel that Jen can't be tarnished? This would have been an excellent way to explore her mental health....and how she could be so fragile and 'snap'....it happens to people that lose their husbands, lose their kids, why can't she be that person? I just don't get it....

dc cubs
Member Avatar

px780
Oct 15 2012, 11:48 PM
Angie79
Oct 15 2012, 11:29 PM
Thursday ("Strange Evidence")
Daniel stumbles across some startling evidence; Nicole decides not to press charges against Jennifer.
I would frickin' kill for this show to take a storyline to a point where there's a little courtroom drama. Let something simmer, let the stakes be real. And it's something we haven't seen annually.

What in the heck was the point of this whole arrest deal if it's over and everyone pretty much believed Jen anyway? Just to make Nicole the clear villain? There are like a million easy stories they could write right now, why so much energy to make this one work?

Exactly! In the right writers an actors hands this could soap gold. Why drop the plot now? In the past, Jen would be in jail for awhile and there would be a big trial. What a wasted opportunity.

Harmony233

LuvingLumi
Oct 16 2012, 09:27 AM
px780
lumifan4life

That would have been an option, or they could have really had Jen accidentally push Nicole down the stairs and it would have REALLY resulted in her baby being still born. What makes this story flat was the fact that we the audience knows that the baby was dead already before the fall....why can't they REALLY ramp up the stakes and have a character or two suffer as a result. What is the big deal? They feel that Jen can't be tarnished? This would have been an excellent way to explore her mental health....and how she could be so fragile and 'snap'....it happens to people that lose their husbands, lose their kids, why can't she be that person? I just don't get it....
Is there a reason Jennifer can't be tarnished all characters on this show do bad things at one time geeze oh and add rafe and daniel to this list too
Edited by Harmony233, Oct 16 2012, 09:41 AM.

SocRMum1
Member Avatar
Much prefers sweevil, snarky EJ over Father Figure Fucktard Eejiot.

And just like that Jennifer is off the hook.
Daniel and Rafe are off the hook.
Nicole will be considered a nutter.
EJ will still be trying to manipulate things to 'win' Sami.
Kristen's return will be a dud.
Nicole's baby died for nothing.

*sigh* This show... :shame:

lysie
Member Avatar

Harmony233
Oct 16 2012, 09:40 AM
LuvingLumi
Oct 16 2012, 09:27 AM
px780
lumifan4life

Is there a reason Jennifer can't be tarnished all characters on this show do bad things at one time geeze oh and add rafe and daniel to this list too
I don't feel like anyone on this show is tarnished. Everyone gets away with everything an everyone goes back to normal way too fast.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply