Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Eileen Davidson on Kristen, “She’s had tons of therapy”; thedeadbolt.com interview
Topic Started: Oct 11 2012, 06:46 PM (1,413 Views)
Angie79
Member Avatar
Royal Reporter

Days of Our Lives: Eileen Davidson on Kristen, “She’s had tons of therapy”
3 hours ago by Reg Seeton

Soap actress Eileen Davidson returns to Days of Our Lives on NBC this week after fourteen years away from Salem hell-raiser Kristen Blake.

On October 11, fans of Days of Our Lives will see actress Eileen Davidson back in Salem as Kristen Blake, who made life miserable for many Days characters in the 1990s. After leaving Young and the Restless, Davidson now enters the Salem soap fray in the shoes of a much different Kristen Blake.

It appears that Kristen has turned a new leaf on her wicked ways and is looking to make peace with her old Days mates.

Coming back after so many years, how are things different on Days of Our Lives now as compared to fourteen years ago?

“Well, when Jim Reilly was heading up Days it was pretty crazy over there,” Davidson told The Deadbolt on the day of her return. “Obviously I was doing five characters at the time, so it was quite different for me then. I have to say, it was a breath of fresh air coming back to Days. Everyone was wonderful and I saw a lot of old friends and it’s been really great. I’ve had a great time. I’m actually having so much fun this time that I never anticipated having such a great time.”

For Eileen’s return to the role of Kristen, the character appears to be much different on the surface. Although Kristen raised hell in Salem for many characters back in the day, it appears she wants to make amends this time around.

In fact, Kristen has changed so much since her last appearance on Days of Our Lives that she’s even taken a job at a church.

Kristen Blake working in a church? How in the world did that happen?

“She’s trying to redeem herself in Salem,” Davidson added to The Deadbolt, “and she’s trying to convince everyone that she’s changed. She’s had tons of therapy and wants to make amends to show that she’s a better person. So, what better way to do that than be working in the house of the Lord?”

Do you think Kristen has really changed, or will she raise hell on Days all over again?

http://www.thedeadbolt.com/1003028012-days-of-our-lives-eileen-davidson-on-kristen-shes-had-tons-of-therapy.html
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

lysie
Member Avatar

Someone needs to brush up on their Kristen history.

blueskies
Member Avatar

so it looks like Kristen will be working closely with Eric?

Mitchapalooza
Member Avatar
Killing myself slowly

She better be planning some evil shit from the sidelines, cause I am not onboard with Kristen the heroine, if that is where TomSell is going.

px780
Member Avatar
Streetcorner Philosopher

I like the idea that she's had therapy. It could make for some really fun banter between her and Marlena.

AFaithL

Mitchapalooza
Oct 11 2012, 07:40 PM
She better be planning some evil shit from the sidelines, cause I am not onboard with Kristen the heroine, if that is where TomSell is going.
Agree. Kristen works best as a villainess. I want to see lots of Kristen v Marlena arguments....evil v good....

Dreamy
Member Avatar

Go happy she's back!

shar_d
Member Avatar

I truly love this character..she's been my all time fav character on DOOL and I have waited years for her return! I know I will be watching every single scene she is in!

Queen B
Member Avatar

Seriously.. a church?

mae
Member Avatar

Posted Image

:popcorn:

nuzzmark

:shrug: ok...I have a question....well maybe more than one. I've been watching Days since it started in 1965. When did Eileen Davidson aka Kristen, Susan & all other alter egos, become Stefano's daughter??? Wasn't she married to one of the Tony's? I can't remember if it was the evil one or the good one. Ok....she becomes pregnant, leaves to go to Europe with Tony (which is when she really left Days) & has the baby & names him Elvis. So wouldn't she be EJ's mother? I don't even remember her with John, but that's ok. I do remember that she & Tony lived at the the Dimera mansion.
Can someone shed some light on this? I've been asking friends who watched it back then & still watch it & they are asking the same question about he supposedly being Stefano's daughter.

Tammy
Member Avatar

nuzzmark
Oct 16 2012, 02:29 PM
:shrug: ok...I have a question....well maybe more than one. I've been watching Days since it started in 1965. When did Eileen Davidson aka Kristen, Susan & all other alter egos, become Stefano's daughter??? Wasn't she married to one of the Tony's? I can't remember if it was the evil one or the good one. Ok....she becomes pregnant, leaves to go to Europe with Tony (which is when she really left Days) & has the baby & names him Elvis. So wouldn't she be EJ's mother? I don't even remember her with John, but that's ok. I do remember that she & Tony lived at the the Dimera mansion.
Can someone shed some light on this? I've been asking friends who watched it back then & still watch it & they are asking the same question about he supposedly being Stefano's daughter.

In 1993 or 94. When Kristen first came to town she didn't tell anyone that Stefano was her adopted father. She was married to "Tony"... they are not blood relatives. However Tony committed suicide, and framed John for his "murder". Kristen was never pregnant with Tony's child. She was pregnant with John's but had a miscarriage. She didn't tell John that she miscarried, and pretended to still be pregnant. At this time Stefano found Susan, impregnated her (with his sperm), and Susan would impersonate Kristen at Doctors appointments and such. And once Susan gave birth Kristen took the baby and passed it off as her and John's baby. That is until Marlena exposed all her lies!
Edited by Tammy, Oct 16 2012, 08:15 PM.

nuzzmark

Thanks, Tammy, for clearing that up. I honestly thought Kristen & Susan were one in the same person, almost like "split personalities". Maybe her coming back will breathe new life into Days. Maybe.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply