Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Monday, October 15th Daily Discussion
Topic Started: Oct 12 2012, 01:14 PM (6,915 Views)
outrageous
Member Avatar

3WishGenie
Oct 13 2012, 04:54 PM
Im really confused. How did jennifer kill the baby? I thot he was already dead?
He was... Nicole used his death to frame Jennifer so she could be with Daniel. She knew the baby was already dead, so she made it look like Jennifer pushed her down the stairs and blame her for his death.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Ireland98

Love that Kristen is back and we're seeing scenes b/t her and Stefano, but not liking her re-entrance. This is the third day of Stefano & Kristen discussing why she should come back to Salem. And the fact that Sonny references Kristen to John is just dumb. So the point of that is so John will have a dream about Kristen this week? I don't like that the first scenes we're going to see of John & Kristen will be a dream. I'm just ready to Kristen to get to Salem!

"EJ - So where is he anyway, the chosen one. Raphael!" This is ironic since I'm sure Tomlin refers to GG as 'the chosen one'.

I still don't like how the death Nicole's baby is being used to make Jennifer look like a :censored: victim and for Dannifer angst.
I'm sure that once it's revealed that Nicole already knew that the baby was dead, a parade will be thrown for St. Jennifer. :eyeroll:

"Jen - You're freaking me out here. Dan turns away. Jen cries. Dan comes back. Facts are facts, you're right. I do not believe you could have done this. Jen - Why? Dan - Because you said you didn't and you don't lie." :puke:

"Will - Rafe told me that he was never going to get back together with Mom." At least Will acknowledges the WTFery of this SAFE reunion! Especially since just a few weeks ago, Sami was asking him for advice about EJ.

Love drunk EJ :)

Overall, another blah episode for me.

Southofsoap
Member Avatar

AFaithL
Oct 12 2012, 03:33 PM
John was never married to Kristen.

He was married to Susan Banks.
The marriage certificate would have said Kristen Blake/Di Mera, not Susan Banks. And he lived as man and wife with Kristen until Susan locked her up. Its understandable why anyone would say John & Kristen were married, the marriage would have been registered that way. It is not a retconn.
Edited by Southofsoap, Oct 14 2012, 06:22 AM.

Honeybees
Member Avatar

Although I like Wilson and it's nice to see them interacting with the older generation, I hope we get to see them socializing with people their own age a little more. I think they were there to facilitate Jarlena exposition, which is fine, but I also want them to get their own storyline soon. Both Freddie and Chandler are looking great these days as well.

ED looks amazing, and already I'm finding her scenes compelling - even when she's being more passive than I remember Kristen ever being.

I forwarded through Sami and Rafe. Also Jennifer.

The Room Stops
Member Avatar

Southofsoap
Oct 14 2012, 06:19 AM
AFaithL

The marriage certificate would have said Kristen Blake/Di Mera, not Susan Banks. And he lived as man and wife with Kristen until Susan locked her up. Its understandable why anyone would say John & Kristen were married, the marriage would have been registered that way. It is not a retconn.
The whole thing was annulled anyway.

lysie
Member Avatar

Southofsoap
AFaithL

They didn't refer to it that way at the time. The two of them not being married was a pivotal part of the reveal.

Southofsoap
Member Avatar

lysie
Oct 14 2012, 09:12 AM
Southofsoap
AFaithL

They didn't refer to it that way at the time. The two of them not being married was a pivotal part of the reveal.
Just because JER didn't spin it that way doesn't change the legal position. But yes, who can forget Marlena's voice going all high pitched "You're not even married to him!" in her showdown with Kristen lol?

John and Marlena consider themselves married because they lived as man and wife and thought they were married. For a brief period, John thought the same with Kristen...

ShaneDOOLFan

yeah if they dont show these flashbacks im gonna be pissed. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IFFovI2_Zro&feature=plcp#t=12m35s

epic scene starts at 12:35, such a great climax for this story
Edited by ShaneDOOLFan, Oct 14 2012, 10:53 AM.

concerned
Member Avatar

mcharles
Oct 12 2012, 02:02 PM
drunk EJ :wub2:
channelling Hugh Grant

The Room Stops
Member Avatar

Southofsoap
Oct 14 2012, 09:45 AM
lysie
Oct 14 2012, 09:12 AM
Southofsoap
AFaithL

Just because JER didn't spin it that way doesn't change the legal position. But yes, who can forget Marlena's voice going all high pitched "You're not even married to him!" in her showdown with Kristen lol?

John and Marlena consider themselves married because they lived as man and wife and thought they were married. For a brief period, John thought the same with Kristen...
The difference being that Marlena didn't lie, cheat and manipulate to make it that way. They also had a wedding that they both wanted desperately. Several... actually. Kristen may consider it one, John hasn't ever, since he found out.

BeeBee
Member Avatar

outrageous
Oct 13 2012, 04:49 PM
I think that Nicole is definitely going to go crazy. I want Eric to be there for her, not Rafe. Eric is the closest to Nicole's true love. They should bring back Emily for Rafe if they insist on keeping him on the show.
I don't mean to suggest that Rafe and Nicole become a couple although I would not hate it if Nicole and EJ are not going to be together.I was just saying since they have killed or sent away Nicole's family/friends leaving her basically with two friends in all of Salem,Rafe and Daniel who will soon be at Jennifer's feet,I would like for Nicole to have a friend in addition to what may or may not happen in the future with Eric,EJ,Brady,or a newcomer.

camera shy

BeeBee
Oct 15 2012, 11:11 AM
outrageous
Oct 13 2012, 04:49 PM
I think that Nicole is definitely going to go crazy. I want Eric to be there for her, not Rafe. Eric is the closest to Nicole's true love. They should bring back Emily for Rafe if they insist on keeping him on the show.
I don't mean to suggest that Rafe and Nicole become a couple although I would not hate it if Nicole and EJ are not going to be together.I was just saying since they have killed or sent away Nicole's family/friends leaving her basically with two friends in all of Salem,Rafe and Daniel who will soon be at Jennifer's feet,I would like for Nicole to have a friend in addition to what may or may not happen in the future with Eric,EJ,Brady,or a newcomer.
They could have made Abby her friend, a while back Abby suggested (druing one of Jennifer's rants against Nicole) that Nicole was basically lonely. And she was. She needed a girlfriend to talk to far more than she needed to just jump into bed with any man.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Guinevere
Member Avatar
Salem needs Jack Deveraux. Bring Back Matthew Ashford.

^Maybe Jennifer should take her daughter's advice - for herself ;) If they want to make Nicole the bad guy here then they should've had her have at least one person to stand by her when the truth comes out. Even the most evil villains on this show always had at least one ally.

KMan101
Member Avatar

I apologize to the Safe fans but man, I just don't care about them. Do people honestly see them having chemistry together?

And I'm so tired of Daniel. I am. I can't stand how he emotes. I can't stand how he talks. I can't stand how everyone is just SO worried about Daniel. How is Daniel doing? UGHHHHHH. Shawn Christian is terrible. I've seen him do at least a little better than this.

I love Eileen Davidson. Sometimes when actors jump shows, I see the actor not the character, but man, Eileen just IS Kristen already. The looks. The body language. So happy she's back though I really haven't cared to see Stefano pleading with Kristen and acting devastated over the family. IDK. I mean, Stefano's the one who hated EJ the minute he turned out not to be his then all of a sudden wanted him back when he was? I just think this was all thrown together to get Stefano and Kristen together and come up with some reason to get Kristen back that didn't look obvious she was just there to cause trouble.

Courtneya6688
Member Avatar

After watching todays show daniel has truly made me sick to my stomach. I hate that he went running straight to jen after nicoles son has just died. I am happy rafe was there for nicole though these two seem to have a real geniune friendship and is the only person who seems to be in her corner

LanaluvsBroe
Member Avatar

Can Jennifer and Daniel just a take a flying leap off the pier please? I am so sick of the pedestal that these two are constantly placed upon. The 'do no wrong' attitude that people have towards these two is disturbing. Jennifer is a saint, she doesn't lie, she couldn't have possibly hurt Nicole, Daniel is wonderful and Nicole is a monster forcing him to do her bidding...blah blah blah. Enough! Jennifer and Daniel are not perfect, they are human, they make mistakes. Why is it that everyone else can be held accountable for their crap but not these two? Why is Jennifer treated like a victim when Nicole is the one in the hospital mourning her son? Why does Daniel call Rafe to the hospital instead of calling the man he KNOWS is the child's biological father?

And I'm supposed to feel sympathy for Daniel and Jennifer? Maybe if Jennifer hadn't been hounding Nicole like a psychotic bitch for last few weeks instead of mourning the love of her life. And maybe if she hadn't abandoned her husband when he needed her the most to chase after her newest boy toy last year (No, Tomlin I haven't forgotten!) And maybe if Daniel didn't actively screw his patients while parading around with a holier than thou attitude. And maybe if he hadn't been playing God with a child's life. Maybe I'd feel some semblance of sympathy for these two twats but as it stands, after everything that has happened, I could care less. If your going to write your "victims" to be just as flawed as your villains then at least acknowledge those flaws. Otherwise don't be surprised when the villains get all the sympathy. :flipoff:
Edited by LanaluvsBroe, Oct 15 2012, 02:30 PM.

camera shy

LanaluvsBroe
Oct 15 2012, 02:09 PM
Can Jennifer and Daniel just a take a flying leap off the pier please? I am so sick of the pedestal that these two are constantly placed upon. The 'do no wrong' attitude that people have towards these two is disturbing. Jennifer is a saint, she doesn't lie, she couldn't have possibly hurt Nicole, Daniel is wonderful and Nicole is a monster forcing him to do her bidding...blah blah blah. Enough! Jennifer and Daniel are not perfect, they are human, they make mistakes. Why is it that everyone else can be held accountable for their crap but not these two? Why is Jennifer treated like a victim when Nicole is the one in the hospital mourning her son? Why does Daniel call Rafe to the hospital instead of calling the man he KNOWS is the child's biological father?

And I'm supposed to feel sympathy for Daniel and Jennifer? Maybe if Jennifer hadn't been hounding Nicole like a psychotic bitch for last few weeks instead of mourning the love of her life. And maybe if she hadn't abandoned her husband when he needed her the most to chase after her newest boy toy last year (No, Tomlin I haven't forgotten!) And maybe if Daniel didn't actively screw his patients while parading around with a holier than thou attitude. And maybe if he hadn't been playing God with a child's life. Maybe I'd feel some semblance of sympathy for these two twats but as it stands, after everything that has happened, I could care less. If your going to write your "victims" to be just as flawed as your villains then at least acknowledge those flaws. Otherwise don't be surprised when the villains get all the sympathy. :flipoff:
If Jennifer had flipped out everytime she came into contact with Nicole and threatening her, then no one would have believed that Nicole falling down the stairs was anything but an accident. Jennifer set herself up.

lysie
Member Avatar

Nothing about the first minute and a half of the show made me want to continue watching. And that minute and a half included characters I like.

LanaluvsBroe
Member Avatar

camera shy
Oct 15 2012, 03:11 PM
LanaluvsBroe
Oct 15 2012, 02:09 PM

If Jennifer had flipped out everytime she came into contact with Nicole and threatening her, then no one would have believed that Nicole falling down the stairs was anything but an accident. Jennifer set herself up.
Agreed but it's hard to feel sympathy for someone who's been acting like a sanctimonious bitch the last 2 years, never mind 2 weeks.

King
Member Avatar

Great performances by Missy, Ari, Eileen, and Joe today!

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply