Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Monday, October 15th Daily Discussion
Topic Started: Oct 12 2012, 01:14 PM (6,837 Views)
King
Member Avatar

My thoughts on Daniel are...confusing. I actually do kind of like what the writers have done with this Jennifer, Nicole, Daniel storyline. I can't stand Daniel, and it sucks that Ashford had to get fired again for it to happen, but I like the way it has played out the last three weeks, four weeks.

I don't really think Shawn Christian is playing it well, but I like what the writers have done with Daniel. On paper, I think Daniel CAN BE a great character. If SC ever left, and they got a great re-cast in there, I can see myself really LOVING Daniel...between his ties to Victor and Maggie (which pissed me off at first.)

Seeing Missy and Jennifer in this storyline...is...AWESOME!! She's a cray cray beeyotch, but I'm rooting for her, and it's great.

I'd like to see a Daniel re-cast before we see another 30/40 something new male character come onto the show.
Edited by King, Oct 15 2012, 05:32 PM.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

King
Member Avatar

I wonder if this is going to be Hope's new role after Bo/Reckell leaves...

Ellie

Two of the last scenes that Pat and Skye posted (J&M and Stef/Kristen) were replaced by a commercial in the US.

Ellie

Edit - might have been my local affiliate messing up as someone in the US told me they had the scenes. Hmmm

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

King
Oct 15 2012, 05:24 PM
Seeing Missy and Jennifer in this storyline...is...AWESOME!! She's a cray cray beeyotch, but I'm rooting for her, and it's great.
Glad to know I'm not the only one currently loving Jennifer.

Mitchapalooza
Member Avatar
Killing myself slowly

This is NOT Jennifer...this is some horrible re-creation....

Jennifer = Most Ruined Character on the show.

dc cubs
Member Avatar

DrewHamilton
Oct 15 2012, 06:27 PM
King
I could enjoy this version of Jennifer if I thought this was leading to a nervous breakdown. However, I don't think that is the case. Instead, Jennifer will just have been acting like a crazy bitch to set up the plot for people to believe she could have pushed Nicole.

It is a shame because Jennifer having a breakdown could be a good story. There is history in the family with her mother, Laura having been in an institution. The death of Jack could have been the trigger for this to happen. Instead all of Jen's screaming and yelling has been about her need to protect Daniel. I'm not buying the line that she couldn't save Jack so she has to save Daniel most because we never saw Jennifer really grieve for Jack.

concerned
Member Avatar

Mitchapalooza
Oct 15 2012, 06:43 PM
This is NOT Jennifer...this is some horrible re-creation....

Jennifer = Most Ruined Character on the show.
Thats a big field she's running in at the moment,.

Guinevere
Member Avatar
Salem needs Jack Deveraux. Bring Back Matthew Ashford.

^ Jack's death is being used as an excuse for Jennifer's behaviour but it's not playing out as the cause (whether that's a writing issue or an acting choice I don't know). And I don't think it was OK to fire MA so MR could get a story - especially when he already had an ongoing story still untold & the death of Jack was clearly to get him out of the way of who they want to pair her with rather than for any storyline potential (otherwise we'd be seeing how his death was effecting the person who's life he saved instead of everyone acting like he never existed). Jennifer was already acting like a shrew way before Jack died (and the only time she was closest to her true self was when she & Jack were back together) so it's not really an effect of his death IMO.

King
Member Avatar

Well, I love it.

She's not really acting that out of character. It's not like Nicole is innocent and she's attacking her. Nicole is no good and guilty and Jennifer knows it! She's trying to protect Daniel and get to the bottom of a story. That's not really that far out of the realm of the character.
Edited by King, Oct 15 2012, 07:21 PM.

Dany_E

King
Oct 15 2012, 07:20 PM
Well, I love it.

She's not really acting that out of character. It's not like Nicole is innocent and she's attacking her. Nicole is no good and guilty and Jennifer knows it! She's trying to protect Daniel and get to the bottom of a story. That's not really that far out of the realm of the character.
I think one of the problems I'm having with it is Jennifer is acting like Daniel's being taken advantage of by evol Nicole - but in reality not only does Daniel know exactly what he's doing and who he's doing it with, Nicole is not coming off as evol and manipulating to me - more as desperate to hold onto someone in her life. It's really hard for me to see Nicole as the bad guy here when she's the only one who's really losing/lost anything. You don't mind seeing someone get "punished" when they do wrong on TV. But, it's almost like Nicole's doing something wrong in response to the "punishment" of losing her baby and Daniel. That just makes her understandable and more rootable to me than the "good" people she's manipulating.

It doesn't help that you can see the end of this story coming a mile away either.

ladyofthelake
Member Avatar
Professor-in-training

dc cubs
Oct 15 2012, 06:57 PM
DrewHamilton
Oct 15 2012, 06:27 PM
King
I could enjoy this version of Jennifer if I thought this was leading to a nervous breakdown. However, I don't think that is the case. Instead, Jennifer will just have been acting like a crazy bitch to set up the plot for people to believe she could have pushed Nicole.

It is a shame because Jennifer having a breakdown could be a good story. There is history in the family with her mother, Laura having been in an institution. The death of Jack could have been the trigger for this to happen. Instead all of Jen's screaming and yelling has been about her need to protect Daniel. I'm not buying the line that she couldn't save Jack so she has to save Daniel most because we never saw Jennifer really grieve for Jack.
You know, though. It's just as well, because I'd be pissed if MR got to play a meaty, juicy mental breakdown story when Jack's PTSD story got the shaft.

samixxx
Member Avatar

Just now catching up I love how Jarlena and Wilson are interacting, really enjoyed it.

I thought Safe's kiss was hawt and for once I am glad Ej showed up, I didn't want Sami going to the hospital.

Heartbreaking scenes with Rafe and Nicole, love this friendship and hope it continues. Ari is such an amazing actress.

Even though I don't like Dan/Jennifer I do like how the story is at this point.

Edited by samixxx, Oct 15 2012, 10:42 PM.

King
Member Avatar

I could see that, Dany.

NikiLani
Member Avatar

The writers orchastrating the stoning of Nicole will never endear me to these worthless characters at her expense. They have made her to lose EVEYTHING and yet expect me to feel sorry for Safe/Dannifer....yeah right, that's never going to happen.

Rafe has a chance though, if he stays loyal to Nicole after the truth comes out. I might not hate him completely for his part in screwing Nicole over with his dumb plan of claiming EJ's baby as his own.

KMan101
Member Avatar

I agree with Mike (king) to an extent about the storyline. On some level, I totally see what he's saying but on another level, I just don't care about Daniel. In theory, this is a big story, however, it just falls short for so many reasons.

1. Killing Nicole's baby again just seems so unnecessary
2. Jennifer and Nicole are both becoming hot messes over DANIEL
3. Shawn Christian needs an acting coach and a haircut and a shave

I do like Rafe and Nicole's friendship. I wish the writing backed Rafe up more and Gering was just a little bit stronger of an actor. I don't mind his character, even with Sami. And while I liked them during the initial safe house and then baby switch, I just feel like we've been around this merry go round one too many times.

I also don't like a lot of what's going on simply because Tomlin is acting as if the last year never happened (well, not totally but you know what I mean) and it just seems weird. I think knowing too much behind the scenes makes me really overanalyze everything. Far too much.

NikiLani
Member Avatar

The problem is not everything that MarDar wrote is being undone. They are scrapping or undoing the writing to paint their favourites in a positive light. the problem is they have failed miserably, a great majority hates Safe/Dannifer. Sami is the biggest skank ever rotating three guys almost at once, Daniel is a manwhore that fondles his patients, Jennifer is a cold, heartless whackjob, Rafe is a hypocrite on and on. They are no better than Mardar and it's likely they are worse for being so agenda based in their writing.

Kenny
Member Avatar

It would be really nice if we could get some Kristen scenes that are longer than 30 seconds.

NikiLani
Member Avatar

Kenny
Oct 16 2012, 07:33 AM
It would be really nice if we could get some Kristen scenes that are longer than 30 seconds.
Be careful wha you wish for, she may end up singing Sami's praise or dreaming about Rafe/Daniel

LonePirate
Member Avatar

Why wasn't Jennifer's necklace confiscated after she was placed behind bars? Isn't that standard arrest procedure?

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply