Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Ratings for Week of October 1-5, 2012
Topic Started: Oct 12 2012, 06:32 PM (1,426 Views)
ChampagneRiver
Member Avatar

(SoapOperaNetwork.com) -- Ratings Report for the Week of October 1-5, 2012

Numbers are based on Live+Same Day ratings

(Compared to Last Week/Compared to Last Year)

Total Viewers
1. Y&R 4,418,000 (-32,000/+154,000)
2. B&B 3,189,000 (-79,000/+380,000)
3. GH 2,714,000 (+193,000/+117,000) *
4. DAYS 2,399,000 (+43,000/-172,000)

* Highest since March 28-April 2, 2011

Households
1. Y&R 3.3/12 (-.1/+.1)
2. B&B 2.4/8 (-.1/+.3)
3. GH 2.0/7 (+.1/+.1)
4. DAYS 1.9/6 (+.1/same)

Women 18-49 Viewers
1. Y&R 856,000 (+46,000/-9,000)
2. GH 663,000 (+109,000/-83,000)
3. B&B 633,000 (-6,000/+80,000)
4. DAYS 473,000 (-23,000/-198,000)

Women 18-49 Rating
1. Y&R 1.3/9 (same/-.1)
2. B&B 1.0/7 (same/+.1)
2. GH 1.0/7 (+.1/-.2)
4. DAYS 0.7/5 (-.1/-.3) <---- ties low

http://www.soapoperanetwork.com/2012/10/ratings-great-week-for-gh-3
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

outrageous
Member Avatar

Awesome. Days is dead last, as usual. Very well deserved IMO. Maybe someone should tell TomSell to start writing for the viewers instead of themselves?

Eric83
Member Avatar
"Relax nobody's having sex.... at least not yet"

Quote:

Awesome. Days is dead last, as usual. Very well deserved IMO

There are only four soaps :mellow: Its not like they has far to fall.

Anywho, glad to see GH go up and that is a viewership high for RC/FV.. hopefully they go up for the week of October 8-12, because the baby switch climax has been awesome.
Edited by Eric83, Oct 12 2012, 07:50 PM.

Miss Rhi
Member Avatar
"If Sami can't find happiness with a Martian, then she can't find happiness with anyone."

I quit watching Days when I heard about what they were doing to Nicole. I want to tune back in to see Kristen but hate that to see her I'll have to watch Nicole alone and going through loosing yet another child. What they did to Nicole reminds me of Passions when they had Fancy get raped 2 or 3 times within a few months, like they were trying to desensitize the audience to what would normally be a very traumatic event. I guess Tomlin learned a lot during his time working on Passions.

lysie
Member Avatar

Dead last means nothing. Someone is going to be last, and it's going to be either GH or Days. This is not news. But those demos SUCK. It's so weird, though, because the totals and dailies really aren't that bad. So if this is the week they're comparing to the reset, then they lost a lot from that week. That's also kind of strange because last week they were up over the previous week and up over last year. This week they're still up over last week, but they're down a lot from last year.

Casey
Member Avatar
#BringBackMartha

Miss Rhi
Oct 12 2012, 09:35 PM
I quit watching Days when I heard about what they were doing to Nicole. I want to tune back in to see Kristen but hate that to see her I'll have to watch Nicole alone and going through loosing yet another child. What they did to Nicole reminds me of Passions when they had Fancy get raped 2 or 3 times within a few months, like they were trying to desensitize the audience to what would normally be a very traumatic event. I guess Tomlin learned a lot during his time working on Passions.
Exactly. I'm really over the whole show and have no desire to watch anymore. It was really only Kristen's return and Nicole's baby drama that I was looking forward too. Maybe someone will upload strictly Kristen/Marlena/John scenes to Youtube in sequential order?

blueskies
Member Avatar

Miss Rhi
Oct 12 2012, 09:35 PM
It's basically Gwen losing Sarah (one of the saddest storylines ever, imho) except they killed the baby beforehand. I'm still holding out some hope Nicole's baby is still alive though, otherwise I don't think I could stand this story.

DiMeraFan67
Member Avatar

GH is rocking!

Kali
Member Avatar

It just makes zero sense to to me that TPTB would bring Tomsell back to write the same shit that got them fired. I'm hoping that both Safe and Dannifer will be permanently over (in soap terms "for the foreseeable future") soon so I can go back to watching the show.

esp13
Member Avatar

lysie
Oct 12 2012, 09:40 PM
Dead last means nothing. Someone is going to be last, and it's going to be either GH or Days. This is not news. But those demos SUCK. It's so weird, though, because the totals and dailies really aren't that bad. So if this is the week they're comparing to the reset, then they lost a lot from that week. That's also kind of strange because last week they were up over the previous week and up over last year. This week they're still up over last week, but they're down a lot from last year.
The same week last year was the first week of the reset with all the hype and the returns. It doesn't surprise me at all that it's down from that. But I think it's even or a little up from a couple of months ago (prior to the Daysaster).

lysie
Member Avatar

esp13
Oct 13 2012, 10:53 AM
lysie
The same week last year was the first week of the reset with all the hype and the returns. It doesn't surprise me at all that it's down from that. But I think it's even or a little up from a couple of months ago (prior to the Daysaster).
Oh, I only pointed it out because I thought last week was the week they were comparing to the reset and it was up over last year then.

esp13
Member Avatar

lysie
Oct 13 2012, 10:56 AM
esp13
Oct 13 2012, 10:53 AM
lysie
Oh, I only pointed it out because I thought last week was the week they were comparing to the reset and it was up over last year then.
I'm pretty sure it was this week. Somebody pointed that out in last week's thread. The numbers kind of bear that out as well.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Enjoy forums? Start your own community for free.
Learn More · Register Now
« Previous Topic · General Daytime News · Next Topic »
Add Reply