Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Locked Topic
Interesting/Spoilerish Tweets, Week of 10/15; Twitter/FB list in first post
Topic Started: Oct 15 2012, 05:24 AM (22,957 Views)
Matt
Member Avatar
Classic Soap Fan

IMO, the baby should stay dead. It was a horribly conceived (no pun intended) storyline to start with & the quicker it's over the better I'll like it. Not everyone on this damn show needs to be biologically related or be a biological parent. I'd wish they'd stop that.
Offline Profile Goto Top

JamesScott_19
Member Avatar
Don't get up. So how are you? What happened, eh? Let me guess, Stefano told you that you could fly,and you jumped off a building. HeHe It's funny right, no I'm sorry Bad EJ, I should'nt be that cruel!

Unless Nicole is one of Tomlin pets, I don't see him rewriting her baby death.
Offline Profile Goto Top

naptown
Member Avatar

I think they should keep Nicole's baby dead. I'm not advocating for a Georgia/Chelsea and Billie reboot at all. However, since they love creating long lost babies who show up in Salem as other characters at first, why not let Nicole suddenly become a mom to a teenager who she will naturally clash with in the beginning. ALA Kate and Billie or Billie and Chelsea. I thought they were originally going down that road with Kinsey before they shipped her off to Chicago with Chloe. It's plausible that Nicole could have had a baby when she was with Trent or back in her Misty Circles days.

Since the current younger scene are either into their 20s or very close to it, it's only a matter of time before we get some SORASed kids, ala Ciara and Theo. Maybe then we get JJ and one of Justin and Adrienne's other boys. Think of the drama that would come out of having Nicole's long lost daughter fall in love with JJ, the son of her mortal enemy Jennifer?
Offline Profile Goto Top

NikiLani
Member Avatar

While I get that not every one should be related to everyone else, but being a mom was such a big deal for Nicole. And having a biological child wasn't they only way to achieve this, they still took her babies away, two of her own and Sydney. Her past fuels her desperate need to be a mother and I think she should be allowed to become one even if she adopts or one shows up at her front door or whatever. Is it healthy that she has this sort of obsession...probably not but I would at the very least love to see her not so beaten down because she has no one who will love and care for her despite her faults. EJ is gone, her friends are conditional, she has almost no family to speak of. I just want her to have at least one good thing in her life that cannot be taken away from her. And yes having children is not necessarily the most fulfilling thing for some (characters) but to Nicole, they certainly are.
Online Profile Goto Top

Deleted User
Deleted User

Nicole should have been allowed to have that baby, especially after what happened with her miscarriage the last time and the fact that she's always wanted to be a mother. But I can see with this show that they'll probably give Sami another kid to pawn off on her Grandma before they give Nicole even one. :flipoff:

If Tomsell wanted to kill off the baby, they should have done it during the Daysaster, instead of leading fans on for weeks and weeks making Nicole fans think that she was finally going to be allowed to have her baby only to kill the baby off three weeks before the baby's due date. After her miscarriage last time killing off Nicole's second baby in such a horrible way is not only cruel but unforgivable. I will always hope that it turns up alive some where down the line, but until then my tv stays off, considering I have lost my trust with this show for good. I can now see that payoffs only happen for certain characters. Not point in even investing.
Goto Top

Matt
Member Avatar
Classic Soap Fan

Life can be cruel. Even for soap opera characters. IMO, Nicole being thwarted by fate, natural, cruel twists of fate at every turn in her desire to be a mother is a compelling character trait.
Offline Profile Goto Top

elizhope
Member Avatar

I dont think TomSell have any intention of this baby having a "fake death". The first sonographer said there wasnt a heartbeat, then at the delivery, Maxine and Cameron couldnt get a heartbeat. The two of them delivered the baby and no one left the room before handing the baby over to Nicole. This wasnt set up to bring the baby back. Of course years later, a new writing team might, but that wasnt Tomsells plan IMO
Edited by elizhope, Oct 16 2012, 12:34 PM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Deleted User
Deleted User

I think Nicole being allowed to have a baby would actually add some growth to her character. She would have made a kick ass mom and could have still been scheming as well. I guess though we are forever stuck with Nicole being the loser in everything which as a Nicole gives me no desire to watch. I really doubt that Eric's return is going to change that. If they wanted Nicole to have any sort of happiness they would have let her have the baby. While I know it's realistic for a woman to experience several miscarriages, when watching Days I'd like an escape from reality.
Goto Top

NikiLani
Member Avatar

Matt
Oct 16 2012, 12:30 PM
Life can be cruel. Even for soap opera characters. IMO, Nicole being thwarted by fate, natural, cruel twists of fate at every turn in her desire to be a mother is a compelling character trait.
It's still very cruel and not surprising why this show continues to bleed viewers because they can't write compelling stories to save their lives. I think AZ has done wonders with this rubbish and for that only she deserve praise and my loyalty as for tiic/writers/the show can kiss my :moon:
Online Profile Goto Top

Mitchapalooza
Member Avatar
Killing myself slowly

I also do not think the baby is alive....I hated the plot twist of Nicole losing her baby AGAIN....but at this point, the story is so convoluted and shitty that I just want Nicole to move on, away from Dannifer/EJ/Sami/Rafe and into a new storyline of her own.

Those other 5 are just TOXIC.

I used to be a fan of EJOLE...but I am over it now....its clear DAYS wants to play musical couples for the next 10000 years with Sami/Rafe/EJ/Nicole...and my rooting for any of them to end up together is LONG gone.

Edited by Mitchapalooza, Oct 16 2012, 01:26 PM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

NikiLani
Member Avatar

Yeah I am all for Nicole to get her own story line instead of punching in prop duty at every turn.
Online Profile Goto Top

Mitchapalooza
Member Avatar
Killing myself slowly

rpmaluki
Oct 16 2012, 01:29 PM
Yeah I am all for Nicole to get her own story line instead of punching in prop duty at every turn.
Or being with someone as fickle as EJ...EJOLE needs to stay dead and Nicole needs to be moved away from the Toxic Trio.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Matt
Member Avatar
Classic Soap Fan

IMO, EJ/Sami/Rafe/et al has sucked every bit of life Nicole ever had out of her. The last time she was actually fun was with Daniel (shocking, I know!), but they slathered all of that with baby WTFery & Jennifer. Now I want Nicole away from them, too. And Daniel needs an entirely new story that doesn't involve anything romantic. lol
Offline Profile Goto Top

Ellie

We're going to have to ask that this thread get back to the tweets, as this conversation is happening in a few other threads already right now. Thanks!
Offline Profile Goto Top

SocRMum1
Member Avatar
Much prefers sweevil, snarky EJ over Father Figure Fucktard Eejiot.

Quote:

@eileen_davidson
Watching the great Ralph Waite on our studio feed. What a pleasure!

https://twitter.com/eileen_davidson/status/258291825830400000
Offline Profile Goto Top

SocRMum1
Member Avatar
Much prefers sweevil, snarky EJ over Father Figure Fucktard Eejiot.

I wonder if Father Matt is back as part of Chloe's story...or perhaps officiating the January wedding?
Offline Profile Goto Top

bomber
Member Avatar

SocRMum1
Oct 16 2012, 02:47 PM
I wonder if Father Matt is back as part of Chloe's story...or perhaps officiating the January wedding?
Or maybe Eric's thinking of leaving the priesthood and Fr Matt is counselling him?
Offline Profile Goto Top

Alana
Member Avatar

bomber
Oct 16 2012, 05:35 PM
SocRMum1
Or maybe Eric's thinking of leaving the priesthood and Fr Matt is counselling him?
LOL...I hope he got better with his counselling. I recall that his councelling threw Chloe right into...ahem...Daniel's arms!

I wish Ralph Waite wasn't wasted on Days!
Edited by Alana, Oct 16 2012, 05:50 PM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

annie21

Alana
Oct 16 2012, 05:46 PM
bomber
Oct 16 2012, 05:35 PM
SocRMum1

I wish Ralph Waite wasn't wasted on Days!
Amen!
Offline Profile Goto Top

lysie
Member Avatar

SocRMum1
Weren't they filming the wedding, like, two weeks ago?
Offline Profile Goto Top

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Locked Topic