Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Newcomers headed to Y&R; Two New Genoa City Hunks
Topic Started: Oct 15 2012, 06:14 PM (2,419 Views)
lightandday
Member Avatar
HBD-Nesta Robert Marley,February 6, 1945 BitchesBrew

Posted Image

Quote:

The Young and the Restless may have found two newcomers who may (finally) help fans forget that Shemar Moore, aka Malcom Winters, ever lived and breathed in Genoa City.

Newcomer Redaric Williams (pictured, right), an international model who recently became the face of Carling Black Label in South Africa, will play the new role of Tyler Douglas. Lamon Archey (pictured left), another model making the transition to the small screen, will play a new dude named Mason. Unfortunately, that’s all the information that Y&R is releasing on these hunks for now — but we did learn that they’ll start showing up around the athletic club and the coffee house in November.

Jill Farren Phelps has been promising lots of changes on Y&R since taking over as executive producer in the wake of Maria Arena Bell’s exit. (The new head writer is Josh Griffith). Last month, she made the decision to drop Genie Francis, who has played Genevieve Atkinson, since May 2011. Marcy Rylan, aka Abby Newman, was also shown the door.

EW
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

I'm all for Genoa City becoming more diverse. Phelps and Griffin continue to make good decisions.

3WishGenie
Member Avatar

No way anyone is going to make me forget Shemar Moore and his perfect abs and charm! :wub: I'm a little weary when they say "models", can they act?? :shrug:

lightandday
Member Avatar
HBD-Nesta Robert Marley,February 6, 1945 BitchesBrew

Hope both can act as good as they look... Lawdy the guy Redaric Williams eyes are breathtaking.

Only1Way
Member Avatar

All brawn and no brains? Guy on the right looks mean.

ChampagneRiver
Member Avatar

Obviously, they are both gorgeous... :wub: please, let them be able to act a little. :pray:

Queen B
Member Avatar

Their hot enough, i'll take it.. esp the first one.

Shick
Member Avatar
My reaction to current Y&R ...

That guy on the left ... :wub: :wub:
Edited by Shick, Oct 15 2012, 08:57 PM.

bellcurve
Member Avatar

Ha! After reading this casting news, do you Christel Fans really think she's gonna stay?! LOL. They're putting Lily in a love triangle with two non-white hunks. She's on "recurring," telling people she has a good story coming ahead, but the joke's clearly on her. Anyone can see this coming from a mile away.

Expect to hear about a recast of Neil and Dru's kid by the end of the week.

Eric83
Member Avatar
"Relax nobody's having sex.... at least not yet"

These two guys are hot, would love to see them in a triangle with a non-CK Lily.

queenmoe06
Member Avatar

lightandday
Oct 15 2012, 06:14 PM
Posted Image

Quote:

The Young and the Restless may have found two newcomers who may (finally) help fans forget that Shemar Moore, aka Malcom Winters, ever lived and breathed in Genoa City.

Newcomer Redaric Williams (pictured, right), an international model who recently became the face of Carling Black Label in South Africa, will play the new role of Tyler Douglas. Lamon Archey (pictured left), another model making the transition to the small screen, will play a new dude named Mason. Unfortunately, that’s all the information that Y&R is releasing on these hunks for now — but we did learn that they’ll start showing up around the athletic club and the coffee house in November.

Jill Farren Phelps has been promising lots of changes on Y&R since taking over as executive producer in the wake of Maria Arena Bell’s exit. (The new head writer is Josh Griffith). Last month, she made the decision to drop Genie Francis, who has played Genevieve Atkinson, since May 2011. Marcy Rylan, aka Abby Newman, was also shown the door.

EW
:boobs: :boobs: L&D...I'm about to change my position from NEVER watching Y&R to trying to whore :boobs: myself out to these 2 men!!! :wine: DAMN!!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

ScorpioQueen
Member Avatar

Hahahahaha, is this a joke? (I mean this in a good way.) I'm all for the show becoming more diverse. Especially with hunks like these (well the first one anyway.) But a couple things: 1) I hope they can act; 2) I hope they have good, soapy storylines and 3) unless Lane is being broken up, I hope a female character of color is on her way to the show.

3WishGenie
Member Avatar

Eric83
Oct 15 2012, 09:39 PM
These two guys are hot, would love to see them in a triangle with a non-CK Lily.
While Cane babysits the twins :lol:

Daytime
Member Avatar

lightandday
Oct 15 2012, 06:14 PM
Posted Image

Quote:

EW
Didn't we say we needed some new eye candy... Wish Granted!

Good looking out LandD.. I'm glad they chose the Redaric guy. :)
Edited by Daytime, Oct 16 2012, 06:20 AM.

ncdnwd

bellcurve
Oct 15 2012, 09:03 PM
Ha! After reading this casting news, do you Christel Fans really think she's gonna stay?! LOL. They're putting Lily in a love triangle with two non-white hunks. She's on "recurring," telling people she has a good story coming ahead, but the joke's clearly on her. Anyone can see this coming from a mile away.

Expect to hear about a recast of Neil and Dru's kid by the end of the week.

You do not know CK's status on the show because there has been no official word on it. Why does two AA males coming on the show automatic translate to a tri for Lily? Lily is in a happy marriage I do not think next week she is going to be seen in a tri that would make these writers worse than the last crew I think they are trying to improve the show and get viewers back not run off more.

Peridott
Member Avatar

This was long overdue. All we've had is Devon for years and he does nothing for me. The young set is very low on hunks in general. :boobs: :cheer: ...

Posted Image

Posted Image

Edited by Peridott, Oct 16 2012, 10:40 AM.

taylore
Member Avatar

OMG!!!!!!!!!!! they're so Hottttttttttt!!!!!!!!!!!!.to hell with Cane i want Lily with that William dude.

Queen B
Member Avatar

Why should they automatically be involved with Lily or the Winters family lol? Because their black? I wouldn't mind some interracial pairings on this show.. I think Chloe would look great standing beside a tall dark man

Peridott
Member Avatar

Queen B
Oct 16 2012, 10:50 AM
Why should they automatically be involved with Lily or the Winters family lol? Because their black? I wouldn't mind some interracial pairings on this show.. I think Chloe would look great standing beside a tall dark man
I so agree. Tyler probably is for Lily based on Redaric's audition but both men shouldn't be handed to Lily. I think Mason and Chloe could work. She definitely needs a new pairing.

3WishGenie
Member Avatar

Peridott
Oct 16 2012, 10:39 AM
This was long overdue. All we've had is Devon for years and he does nothing for me. The young set is very low on hunks in general. :boobs: :cheer: ...

Yikes Devon is not even in the same league as these two in the appearance dept! Neither is Cane. :lol:

Frankly I have lost interest in Lily so, I'd be ok if neither are for her. Besides, how are they going to make a sl for her when she is on recurring?? I don't mind if one is for Avery if they aren't doing her and Paul...just cuz I really don't want her with Nick!!

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Y&R & B&B: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply