Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
TV Guide Exclusive: GH's Ignacio Serricchio Joins Y&R
Topic Started: Oct 17 2012, 10:00 AM (3,076 Views)
Daytime
Member Avatar

Posted Image

There's a new sheriff in town. Better yet, he's a kickass cop from New York! Argentina-born heartthrob Ignacio Serricchio, best known to suds fans as psychotic mob spawn Diego Alcazar on General Hospital, is heading to The Young and the Restless where he'll be on the other side of the law. Serricchio is set to play a new character named Alex, a streetwise undercover officer who comes to Genoa City from the Big Apple with a big secret. A rep for the CBS soap tells TV Guide Magazine that the actor is expected to begin work in late October and will hit the air in December.

The Emmy-nominated Serricchio, who logged recent guest stints on The Client List, CSI: Miami, The Finder and Covert Affairs, has also been a regular on the hit internet soap The Bay. Is he the wave of the future at Y&R? When the soap's new production czars, exec producer Jill Farren Phelps and head writer Josh Griffith, reported for work a couple of months back, they promised to bring a vibrant Latino contingent to the show. Clearly, they're off to a great start!

TV Guide
Edited by Daytime, Oct 17 2012, 10:12 AM.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

KMan101
Member Avatar

Wow. Two African American actors and now a Latin hire. I'm impressed.

He's not the best actor though. I think he's grown from the little bit I saw of him on The Bay. IDK.

Meh. I'll give him a shot. I give them credit for diversifying the canvas. I just hope they're characters and not tokens.

King
Member Avatar

HE WAS EMMY NOMINATED FOR DIEGO?

Wow....Wow...that says more about the Emmy's nowadays than it does about his acting. LOL.

bygnedys

I hope he has gotten better since G.H.

3WishGenie
Member Avatar

Another FOJ! lol. I totally didn't recognize him from that photo. Could this be the Latin John McBain? :lol:

Only1Way
Member Avatar

They best work on what they have before they start all new story lines with all new actors. Pretty soon it will be

"Young and the Restless~Unrecognized"

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

Hmm. I'll give him a chance. I haven't seen him in anything since GH where he was awful. I hope he's improved since then. Whatever the case, I'm loving the ethnic injection into Genoa City.

Peridott
Member Avatar

He's got a big secret? Well duh. I'll take a guess, I think Noah got in some trouble in NY. IS didn't do much for me on GH but maybe he's improved. I will say though that there's gonna be more men in this bracket than women so some of the lousy guys need to go.
Edited by Peridott, Oct 17 2012, 01:47 PM.

Queen B
Member Avatar

Maybe hes a Diego recast?

Peridott
Member Avatar

Nope, he's definitely a new character.

queenmoe06
Member Avatar

:soapbox: How many Fuckin' PEOPLE will be coming to Genoa City with a fuckin' secret?

1. Troubled teen
2. Latin singer (can't remember the name)
3. BOTH of the hot males
4. Now HIM? :flipoff: Can't these son of a bitches come up with something ORIGINAL?

Shick
Member Avatar
My reaction to current Y&R ...

He played a good psycho on GH when it was revealed that he was Text Message Killer.

lightandday
Member Avatar
HBD-Nesta Robert Marley,February 6, 1945 BitchesBrew

So I wonder does this mean JB (Ronan) is out especially since his character has been reduce to a fucklet.
Edited by lightandday, Oct 17 2012, 06:05 PM.

Crazygirl
Member Avatar

I wasn't very impressed with him on GH so hopefully he's going to be better on Y&R.

Peridott
Member Avatar

lightandday
Oct 17 2012, 06:04 PM
So I wonder does this mean JB (Ronan) is out especially since his character has been reduce to a fucklet.
I think JB is out yup. JFP and JG are giving no fucks about MAB'S hires given whose been cut already.

LPS
Member Avatar

^I agree. I definitely think JB is on the outs. Thank goodness.

bygnedys

Gosh, I got in trouble over at SOC when I posted something about him. I guess I forgot I was there and not here.

natdot99
Member Avatar

wow, this soap is hiring new eye candy for the viewers, why can't the other Bell get a clue?????? :soapbox: :soapbox:

cyndabell

Let's see: This character comes from NEW YORK (emphasis on NY) with a big secret. Also, Newman rich boy Noah is behaving strangely about something (or someone?) connected to NEW YORK (again, emphasis on NY). Noah was rumored to be "going gay" when the previous actor played him. Have they decided to stick with the gay angle, and this hispanic cop is Noah's secret boy toy?

hawk_osu
Member Avatar

cyndabell
Oct 28 2012, 04:21 PM
Let's see: This character comes from NEW YORK (emphasis on NY) with a big secret. Also, Newman rich boy Noah is behaving strangely about something (or someone?) connected to NEW YORK (again, emphasis on NY). Noah was rumored to be "going gay" when the previous actor played him. Have they decided to stick with the gay angle, and this hispanic cop is Noah's secret boy toy?
I certainly hope so. I also took note that in one episode from this week Nicholas mentioned something to Noah about a break up.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Join the millions that use us for their forum communities. Create your own forum today.
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Y&R & B&B: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply