Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Drake, Galen, Ari to visit South Africa
Topic Started: Oct 17 2012, 10:01 AM (3,512 Views)
Ellie

http://www.channel24.co.za/TV/News/Days-of-Our-Lives-stars-to-visit-SA-20121017

Days of Our Lives stars to visit SA
2012-10-17 13:31 by Thinus Ferreira

Cape Town Days of Our Lives soap stars will be visiting South Africa soon.

Galen Gering, Arianne Zucker and Drake Hogestyn, better known to million of viewers as Rafe Hernandez, Nicole Walker and John Black, are getting ready to come to South Africa and meet the fans.

Gering, Zucker and Hogestyn, who are seen on weekdays on the American soap on SABC3 on 17:30 (with a next-day repeat on SABC2), will be at Sandton City in Johannesburg at 12:00 on Wednesday 31 October, and at Canal Walk in Cape Town on Friday 2 November at 12:00.

Channel24 has learnt that the three American soap stars will touch down in South Africa on 28 October as the guests of SABC3 and that all three of them are greatly looking forward to visiting South Africa during spring.

Gering plays the handsome FBI agent, Rafe; while viewers know Zucker as the unlucky-in-love golddigger Nicole. Hogestyn has been in the soap for decades as the enigmatic John Black and Marlena's on-again, off-again lover.

"Days of Our Lives continues to be one of television's most iconic shows," says Risuna Mayimele, SABC3's marketing manager.

"SABC3 is delighted to be bringing three of the stars from the show to South Africa to meet their fans. This television powerhouse is a top ratings winner worldwide and South Africa is no exception."

- Channel24
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Ellie

Do we have any South African board members who want to represent there? :smile:

NikiLani
Member Avatar

I can possibly attend in Johannesburg.

Ellie

rpmaluki
Oct 17 2012, 11:14 AM
That would be great!!! Be sure to report back!

nolagirl
Member Avatar

rpmaluki
Tell Ari we loved Ejole :wub:

lysie
Member Avatar

nolagirl
Oct 18 2012, 11:19 AM
rpmaluki
Maybe clarify "we."

nolagirl
Member Avatar

lysie
Oct 18 2012, 11:43 AM
nolagirl
rpmaluki
Maybe clarify "we."
Well I meant it to rpmaluki because of her banner and I quoted her/him, and I also loved Ejole, so that is the we I was referring to. I know many didn't like that pairing as others don't like other pairings. Personally I see more storyline potential with those two :shrug: but to each their own. No offense meant just thought Ari should know that just because the writers wanna make her character the villian in everything she does have fans in pairings that the writers may or may not chose.

Vicky4Mimi

nolagirl
Oct 18 2012, 12:43 PM
lysie
Oct 18 2012, 11:43 AM
nolagirl
rpmaluki
Maybe clarify "we."
Well I meant it to rpmaluki because of her banner and I quoted her/him, and I also loved Ejole, so that is the we I was referring to. I know many didn't like that pairing as others don't like other pairings. Personally I see more storyline potential with those two :shrug: but to each their own. No offense meant just thought Ari should know that just because the writers wanna make her character the villian in everything she does have fans in pairings that the writers may or may not chose.
I am part of that WE too!! Love Ejole--if EJ acts right and he has a ton to make up for at this point.

I really hope you get to go Rpmaluki!

NikiLani
Member Avatar

It was a mad house, hundreds of people were there screaming their lungs off for all three. Galen had them screaming the loudest and John for being a favourite. Ari was gorgeous. She even sang a song in Zulu and everybody joined in. That was wow. Drake talked about rugby which was cool and I love the sport. He mentioned a mil $ challenge happening in the US in November, he seems eager for the sport to grow in the US. Everyone loved it when he mentioned the Springboks playing in the tournament.

Galen was inaudible with all the women screaming every time he looked their way. Then when it was time to ask questions some lady asked about him and sami. He said she will have another baby which is odd since in SA everybody knows Sydney is Sami's so who was he talking about. He was probably joking but an odd thing to say since I am sure they were prepped about the current SA s/l. She asked about Safe and he said things are usually good then they deteriorate then they are good and deteriorate and so forth; saying Sami tends to be destructive of the two. That's when some lady stepped in and the only questions asked were on cue cards I am sure so they wouldn't spoil accidentally for both SA and US. He also joked about how he was almost mauled by a young lion, lol. I doubt he was serious.

Drake mentioned Kristen returning but folks were happier Jarlena was returning to their screens and he looks younger IRL. He was such a hugger, so friendly and charming. He supposed streaked for some lady who ended up in his suite by accident and Galen caught him out again, the whole thing was apparently hilarious.

Ari didn't answer any questions but was complimented for being beautiful and she blushed on always kissing all these gorgeous men all the time. She signed an autograph for me and joked about doing a crossover with SA soap Isidingo: The need. They took more pics with adoring fans and then time was up, flying to Cape Town.

Partnersincrime
Member Avatar

Days of Our Lives stars visit SA

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YKsclikJixY

mirabella

rpmaluki
Oct 31 2012, 07:50 AM
It was a mad house, hundreds of people were there screaming their lungs off for all three. Galen had them screaming the loudest and John for being a favourite. Ari was gorgeous. She even sang a song in Zulu and everybody joined in. That was wow. Drake talked about rugby which was cool and I love the sport. He mentioned a mil $ challenge happening in the US in November, he seems eager for the sport to grow in the US. Everyone loved it when he mentioned the Springboks playing in the tournament.

Galen was inaudible with all the women screaming every time he looked their way. Then when it was time to ask questions some lady asked about him and sami. He said she will have another baby which is odd since in SA everybody knows Sydney is Sami's so who was he talking about. He was probably joking but an odd thing to say since I am sure they were prepped about the current SA s/l. She asked about Safe and he said things are usually good then they deteriorate then they are good and deteriorate and so forth; saying Sami tends to be destructive of the two. That's when some lady stepped in and the only questions asked were on cue cards I am sure so they wouldn't spoil accidentally for both SA and US. He also joked about how he was almost mauled by a young lion, lol. I doubt he was serious.

Drake mentioned Kristen returning but folks were happier Jarlena was returning to their screens and he looks younger IRL. He was such a hugger, so friendly and charming. He supposed streaked for some lady who ended up in his suite by accident and Galen caught him out again, the whole thing was apparently hilarious.

Ari didn't answer any questions but was complimented for being beautiful and she blushed on always kissing all these gorgeous men all the time. She signed an autograph for me and joked about doing a crossover with SA soap Isidingo: The need. They took more pics with adoring fans and then time was up, flying to Cape Town.
Thank you so much for posting your experience seeing and meeting Ari, Galen, and Drake. They all seem to be having a great time in South Africa. SA has certainly given them a warm and enthusiastic welcome.

mirabella

Partnersincrime
Oct 31 2012, 10:12 AM
Days of Our Lives stars visit SA

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YKsclikJixY
Thanks for posting the video. They are having such a good time!

denise22
Member Avatar

rpmaluki
Oct 31 2012, 07:50 AM

Thank you for the recap.

Ellie

Thanks so much rpmaluki for the recap!! Very much appreciated, and nice to know that (as always) Days continues to do very well in international markets.

karoline
Member Avatar

Drake mentioned Kristen returning but folks were happier Jarlena was returning to their screens and he looks younger IRL. He was such a hugger, so friendly and charming. He supposed streaked for some lady who ended up in his suite by accident and Galen caught him out again, the whole thing was apparently hilarious. T

....THIS made me happy :rockon:

The Room Stops
Member Avatar

Thanks for the recap! Did Drake say anything else about J&M by any chance?

NikiLani
Member Avatar

The Room Stops
Nov 1 2012, 01:31 PM
Thanks for the recap! Did Drake say anything else about J&M by any chance?
No unfortunately he didn't. I think the organisers didn't want them spoiling anything serious due to the massive difference in what airs between SA and the US.

Ellie

Drake and Galen interview

http://www.iol.co.za/tonight/tv-radio/a-little-bit-of-salem-in-south-africa-1.1417754

JamesScott_19
Member Avatar
Don't get up. So how are you? What happened, eh? Let me guess, Stefano told you that you could fly,and you jumped off a building. HeHe It's funny right, no I'm sorry Bad EJ, I should'nt be that cruel!

Ellie
Nov 5 2012, 06:57 AM
Maybe it is just me but it does seem like the writers are going for Rafe and Nicole.

I know that she is going to have a scene with Eric, I wonder how that is going to work out.

lysie
Member Avatar

JamesScott_19
Nov 6 2012, 07:09 PM
Ellie
Nov 5 2012, 06:57 AM
Maybe it is just me but it does seem like the writers are going for Rafe and Nicole.

I know that she is going to have a scene with Eric, I wonder how that is going to work out.
South Africa is behind us in air shows, so they're talking about stuff from a couple of years ago.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply