Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Thursday, October 18th Daily Discussion
Topic Started: Oct 17 2012, 01:16 PM (8,374 Views)
justforfun

Sami being this pissed over it is stupid. She's more pissed that he told Carrie over her and he lied to her to keep Nicole's secret! ha!! Sami, your marriage ended b/c you had dead baby sex with someone other than your husband. What a fucking hypocrite! He wasn't using you. That's your job. Rafe, don't you dare beg for her forgiveness! She doesn't deserve you. I hate Sami. Bring on Emily!!
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

SocRMum1
Member Avatar
Much prefers sweevil, snarky EJ over Father Figure Fucktard Eejiot.

Yep - the white washing of Saint Rafe's motives continue under Tomlin. Can't risk putting a chink in that lily white armor. Nicole - on the other hand - is there solely to be shit on. Or so it seems.

I like the sound of the rest of the EJ/Safe confrontation for the most part - but there is a bit too much of EJ seemingly being all about Sami's feelings than his own. That was my fear going in...and of course, should have known that would be the way it is written. Still - I like that he points out some home truths, despite of the reason why. Everything he said was spot on. And as hypocritical as Sami is - I still get a kick out of her throwing her big old scrunchy faced hissy fit at Rafe for a change. Pity it won't last - but I'll enjoy the few moments of Safe-less solitude while we have it.

The EJ/Kristen stuff sounds fun.

Thanks for the write ups, ladies! :)

Virgo Twins
Member Avatar

Yay John and Marlena are back! :cheer:

esp13
Member Avatar

I'm going to pretend that Sami saying that nobody could call her a sanctimonious hypocrite is deliberate irony by the writers. And, if so, it's actually a hell of a good line.

I couldn't care less about Safe, but there argument is an example of something I've liked about the scriptwriting lately. When people have arguments, they both get to make their points. It's not as one-sided as it used to be. While I think Sami is a bit out of line, she did make a few good points along the way.

Caroline and Victor sound really great. I know this story is going to move on when Bo does, but I think it's been really good and continues to be that way.

EJ and Kristen sounds entertaining. John dreaming about Kristen makes me laugh.

esp13
Member Avatar

Oh, and EJ's little tantrum about how Rafe isn't a better man? Laughable. Rafe may not be perfect, but his "crimes" barely register compared to the destruction EJ has caused in numerous lives. Of course, we're not supposed to remember any of that anymore.

MericP
Member Avatar

Hey, Gary!

No one has forgotten that the baby lie was Rafe's idea.

Nicole might be horrible for wanting to keep EJ from his child but if it hadn't been for Rafe butting in she would have told him - almost guarantee that.

He hates EJ so much he'd do anything to hurt him.

I am so glad I got to hear Sami say some of the shit she did - Rafe deserves it. Sami, though rather flawed and annoying, is too good for Rafe. And yes, I do think EJ is the better man.

lumifan4life

Harmony233
Oct 17 2012, 01:59 PM
wow sami seems more upset over carrie knowing than rafe lying to her lol
lol that's the only thing I get Sami being pissed about here but it's her own fault for wanting to be second best to Carrie. For all we know Rafe probably still loves Carrie cause they only ended cause she was pregnant and chose to be mature and settle for Austin, lol. Then there was all the talk about being together in "another life". Yeah Rafe loves Carrie and if he could he'd be with her and that's why he was honest with her.

lumifan4life

Oh I have a very good feeling Lucas will be calling her a sanctimonious hypocrite and much more next week, lol. Wimpy Rafe would never tell Sami the truth about herself because well he doesn't know her. Lucas knows her like the back of his hand, better than she knows herself so you can bet she's going to get a good dose of Lucas truth soon, lol.

Helpless Romantic

lumifan4life
Oct 17 2012, 02:34 PM
Harmony233
lol that's the only thing I get Sami being pissed about here but it's her own fault for wanting to be second best to Carrie. For all we know Rafe probably still loves Carrie cause they only ended cause she was pregnant and chose to be mature and settle for Austin, lol. Then there was all the talk about being together in "another life". Yeah Rafe loves Carrie and if he could he'd be with her and that's why he was honest with her.
That is not true. Rafe DID tell Sami early on that he did NOT sleep with Nicole but Sami being Sami she chose to believe otherwise and Rafe then didn't bother saying otherwise and as much as Sami was OOC for boinking EJ Rafe was totally OOC for lusting after Carrie. So I have to disagree that Sami is second in regards to Carrie for Rafes love. Rafe loved her and still does FIRST. Carrie just couldn't stand that she wasn't someones #1 for a change and I was so glad when they had her admit her going after Rafe was to spite Sami so hence we had her trying to trash talk Sami to Rafe but he wasn't having it.
Edited by Helpless Romantic, Oct 17 2012, 02:44 PM.

lumifan4life

Helpless Romantic
Oct 17 2012, 02:40 PM
lumifan4life
Harmony233
That is not true. Rafe DID tell Sami early on that he did NOT sleep with Nicole but Sami being Sami she chose to believe otherwise and Rafe then didn't bother saying otherwise and as much as Sami was OOC for boinking EJ Rafe was totally OFC for lusting after Carrie. So I have to disagree that Sami is second in regards to Carrie for Rafes love. Rafe loved her and still does FIRST. Carrie just couldn't stand that she wasn't someones #1 so hence we had her trying to trash talk Sami to Rafe but he wasn't having it.
It's so easy to explain a character's actions as OOC if they don't do something we like, lol. I just chalk it up to that's what the character did and I can't defend it even if I wanted to, lol.
Edited by lumifan4life, Oct 17 2012, 02:44 PM.

AFaithL

So was Bo's exit rewritten? Were MarDar (who I think hated Bo) planning on making Bo a jerk abandoning his family, and did TomSell come up with a classy way to give Bo's exit some dignity? If so, kudos to them. The Alzheimer's story has been fantastic, and Bo looks heroic.

Sami is just a disgusting hypocrite multiple levels. Still hope baby EJole is alive. Nicole deserves her own child to raise.

The Kristen/EJ scene sounds good, but as someone else said, John "dreaming" of Kristen is just hilariously bad. If John is having any "memories" or "feelings", they should be feelings of repulsion and disgust over the fact that she tried to destroy his wife's life. Don't try to sell me John lusting after Kristen... because even when he thought she was "good", he always wanted Marlena more. Yes, that includes not only emotionally but sexually as well.

Don't make me hate John, writers. He should be upset Kristen is back because she's done horrible things to him and his wife.....not because he (or Marlena) think that there is some overpowering attraction there that could be a distraction for him.

Helpless Romantic

lumifan4life
Oct 17 2012, 02:43 PM
Helpless Romantic
lumifan4life
Harmony233
That is not true. Rafe DID tell Sami early on that he did NOT sleep with Nicole but Sami being Sami she chose to believe otherwise and Rafe then didn't bother saying otherwise and as much as Sami was OOC for boinking EJ Rafe was totally OFC for lusting after Carrie. So I have to disagree that Sami is second in regards to Carrie for Rafes love. Rafe loved her and still does FIRST. Carrie just couldn't stand that she wasn't someones #1 so hence we had her trying to trash talk Sami to Rafe but he wasn't having it.
It's so easy to explain a character's actions as OOC if they don't do something we like, lol. I just chalk it up to that's what the character did and I can't defend it even if I wanted to, lol.
Oh I know lol I am just saying he did tell Sami as well that he didn't sleep with Nicole but she was too stuborn to believe him and I have not excused either Rafe's or Sami's behaviour.
Edited by Helpless Romantic, Oct 17 2012, 02:50 PM.

The Scorpion
Member Avatar

OK, now is the babylie out can the writers write better stories? I don't expect it, but one can always hope! EJ and Kristen, love it! I think they will be a interesting duo in the Dimera family! ED have the same stage presence as James so it's two really good actors who will have story together!

lumifan4life

Helpless Romantic
Oct 17 2012, 02:46 PM
lumifan4life
Helpless Romantic
lumifan4life

Quoting limited to 4 levels deep
Oh I know lol I am just saying he did tell Sami as well that he didn't sleep with Nicole but she was too stuborn to believe him.
He was more honest with Carrie though cause he explained the entire situation to her.

NikiLani
Member Avatar

Sami likes turning everything around so it's about her and how she was wronged. She's been doing it ever since AS turned up in the role.

lysie
Member Avatar

esp13
Oct 17 2012, 02:22 PM
Oh, and EJ's little tantrum about how Rafe isn't a better man? Laughable. Rafe may not be perfect, but his "crimes" barely register compared to the destruction EJ has caused in numerous lives. Of course, we're not supposed to remember any of that anymore.
Lol. Exactly. This is why so much of the supposed Rafe championing doesn't bother me. It doesn't even compare to the white washing EJ constantly gets. Rafe lying doesn't change anything about EJ. The constant comparisons cheapen both characters which is kind of a major feat considering how paper thin all of these characters are.

lumifan4life

rpmaluki
Oct 17 2012, 02:51 PM
Sami likes turning everything around so it's about her and how she was wronged. She's been doing it ever since AS turned up in the role.
Exactly and that's what makes her Sami, lol. She's selfish, self absorbed and a hypocrite. It's who she always was. She was never supposed to be good. Also AS took over the role when Sami was 15 so I can't imagine before that she had much going on anyway.
Edited by lumifan4life, Oct 17 2012, 02:56 PM.

Helpless Romantic

lumifan4life
Oct 17 2012, 02:48 PM
Helpless Romantic
lumifan4life
Helpless Romantic

Oh I know lol I am just saying he did tell Sami as well that he didn't sleep with Nicole but she was too stuborn to believe him.
He was more honest with Carrie though cause he explained the entire situation to her.
At that point he was still angry about her boink. So I didn't expect him to have to tell her anything, especially since he did but she chose not to listen. Anyways these inconsistentcies are because of the writer changes, and each regime wanting different couples together.
Edited by Helpless Romantic, Oct 17 2012, 03:00 PM.

lumifan4life

Helpless Romantic
Oct 17 2012, 02:57 PM
lumifan4life
Oct 17 2012, 02:48 PM
Helpless Romantic
lumifan4life

At that point he was still angry about her boink. So I didn't expect him to have to tell her anything, especially since he did but she chose not to listen. Anyways these inconsistentcies are because of the writer changes.
Again we can say it's OOC or writer changes or whatever. Fact is Rafe told Carrie everything because he was falling for her and didn't want her to think he slept with Nicole. You don't have to like it but that's how it was, lol.

NikiLani
Member Avatar

Writer changes always screw up continuity. this time it's so glaringly obvious it chaffs raw because the stories suck worse than Mardar's utter trash.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply