Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Kristen visits John; Airs week of 10/22
Topic Started: Oct 18 2012, 01:23 PM (3,619 Views)
Ellie

This week's Soap Opera Digest features an article about John and Kristen.

At the beginning of the week, Marlena runs into Kristen. Kristen tells Marlena she wants to patch things up between them, but Marlena is immediately suspicious and isn't interested. Marlena wants to call John to warn him, but she can't find her cell phone and thinks Kristen stole it. Meanwhile, Kristen shows up at John's office to say hi. Eileen Davidson explains that Kristen is just being courteous in telling John and Marlena that she's back in town.

Kristen tells John that she's changed and that she was the way she was before because she lost her baby. Marlena then runs into the office and tells John Kristen took her phone. Just then, John's assistant tells Marlena she left the phone there. Eileen Davidson says that Kristen is happy to see this and shows Marlena she's being paranoid.

Kristen leaves, and John tells Marlena he thinks it's possible Kristen has changed. Marlena's not so sure about that. Later, John and Kristen again run into each other at the HTS. Kristen is kind to a child and John sees this. But he doesn't mention this second meeting to Marlena....

Pick up the latest Digest for details!

Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

LuvingLumi
Member Avatar
LUMI

I kind of get this real funny feeling that they are going to recon Ej's maternity soon and make Kristen his mom

ShaneDOOLFan

ok are the writers ignoring that all of salem thought Kristen was dead? This article makes it seem that they found out she was alive off screen or something. if this is the case, that is retarded. Marlena should be SHOCKED to see her rival alive.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

LanaluvsBroe
Member Avatar

LuvingLumi
Oct 18 2012, 01:25 PM
I kind of get this real funny feeling that they are going to recon Ej's maternity soon and make Kristen his mom
I really wish the writers would just leave the show's history alone.

SocRMum1
Member Avatar
Much prefers sweevil, snarky EJ over Father Figure Fucktard Eejiot.

LuvingLumi
Oct 18 2012, 01:25 PM
I'd be fine with that. In fact, it would be easy enough to do if it turned out that Stefano had implanted Kristen's eggs into Susan. Creepy that Stefano and Kristen share a child, though - even though they aren't biologically related. Not sure the writers would go there based on that alone.

In the meantime, looking so forward to seeing Kristen mix things up for Jarlena for a while. It will be nice to see them have something to do - and in Salem if you don't have conflict, you don't have anything to do.

AFaithL

And we return to the beginnings of "idiot" John....
Edited by AFaithL, Oct 18 2012, 01:35 PM.

Ellie

ShaneDOOLFan
Oct 18 2012, 01:26 PM
ok are the writers ignoring that all of salem thought Kristen was dead? This article makes it seem that they found out she was alive off screen or something. if this is the case, that is retarded. Marlena should be SHOCKED to see her rival alive.
The article says that Marlena is shocked, lol. But then it quickly moves to the description of their interaction. Sounds like it's a momentary thing and that they don't devote a lot of time to it.

lysie
Member Avatar

This is the most anticlimactic thing I've ever read in my life.

Ellie

The part with the cell phone sounds cute if Deidre and Eileen play it up.

Virgo Twins
Member Avatar

Thought Marlena would be way more shocked than that.

DiMeraFan67
Member Avatar

Initial shock is fine with me. Is it really shocking when any person, especially a DiMera returns from the dead? I think most characters by now would quickly get over it. Marlena might go into overprotective mode really quickly and it probably would make sense. I just hope the first scenes are big enough to convey that they are, at first, shocked.

I like the idea of Kristen playing up Marlena's paranoia and making her look psycho. That could be really good. I would love for it to appear that Marlena is coming unhinged because I think Deidre will slay that material. The problem is John being such an idiot. Why would he even want to believe that Kristen has changed? He should really want nothing to do with her. Of course that would be boring as all hell, but John wanting to accept Kristen is just stupid.

As far as any changes happening when it comes to EJ's parents, I really don't think they will be going there again but if they do the parents would be John and Kristen, not Stefano and Kristen. They could always say Stefano took John's kid because he wanted to raise him to hate John. Most assumed they were going there with John and Hope being EJ's parents and I thank God they never did. But I don't see the point when Eileen could just reprise Susan at any time. They should leave his parentage alone.

peaches179

lysie
Oct 18 2012, 01:33 PM
This is the most anticlimactic thing I've ever read in my life.

No build-up or anything. Just... BAM! Kristen is back! These writers are just pathetic.

ShaneDOOLFan

I understand that they may not give all the details away, lets just hope deidre and eileen give these scenes their best and they will be good no matter how bad the dialogue is (the dialogue during JER's first years was worse than now in my opinion, but the acting out-shined it)
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

AFaithL

DiMeraFan67
Oct 18 2012, 01:41 PM
The problem is John being such an idiot. Why would he even want to believe that Kristen has changed? He should really want nothing to do with her.
BOOM. And even if she had, legitimately, changed ---- John should still want nothing to do with her based on the fact that she tried to destroy his wife's life on numerous occasions in the past.

Kristen being manipulative doesn't bother me. She is who she is. John being a dipshit, though, does. He's being stupid by not telling Marlena about his memories (most of which he should be revolted by in the first place) and he's being a dipshit by not telling her when he meets up with Kristen. That's all on John.

jackjenfan
Member Avatar

I hope EJ isn't John's son with Kristen, that will make him a cousin to Sami as John is her cousin through his mother.

Sonny_BrendaFan
Member Avatar
Brenda: "Let the fireworks begin." Sonny: "With you and me, Brenda, it's guaranteed."

Quote:

Marlena then runs into the office and tells John Kristen took her phone.

Really. Omg this is going to be so LAME if this is any indication. :-/

peaches179

AFaithL
Oct 18 2012, 01:57 PM
DiMeraFan67
Oct 18 2012, 01:41 PM
The problem is John being such an idiot. Why would he even want to believe that Kristen has changed? He should really want nothing to do with her.
BOOM. And even if she had, legitimately, changed ---- John should still want nothing to do with her based on the fact that she tried to destroy his wife's life on numerous occasions in the past.

Kristen being manipulative doesn't bother me. She is who she is. John being a dipshit, though, does. He's being stupid by not telling Marlena about his memories (most of which he should be revolted by in the first place) and he's being a dipshit by not telling her when he meets up with Kristen. That's all on John.

I agree. They are really making John look like a fool. But I really don't care what they do with John. I just want to see Kristen and Marlena go toe to toe with one another.Thats where the drama is going to be! :)

DiMeraFan67
Member Avatar

CherishLuvsEJ
Oct 18 2012, 02:11 PM
Quote:

Marlena then runs into the office and tells John Kristen took her phone.

Really. Omg this is going to be so LAME if this is any indication. :-/
Disagree. It seems small, but this article is too brief. If its the first inclination that Marlena might be losing her grip on reality due to Kristen's return, I'm all for it. Deidre will shine for the first time in a long time. The actress and the character both need for them to go this route.

SoapGal1
Member Avatar

Okay, for the start of sweeps Marlena loses her phone..

Ratings gold.

Tammy
Member Avatar

Okay now I see how it's going to go. Marlena is going to be made to look like a paranoid nut job and John is going to be a bumbling idiot! ^o)

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply