Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Kristen visits John; Airs week of 10/22
Topic Started: Oct 18 2012, 01:23 PM (3,675 Views)
Queen B
Member Avatar

I said this when I heard ED was returning to days and i'll say it again, these writers know nothing about Kristen and this storyline will be a shit fest just like all the other. Considering how much of the history is being trashed, I wouldn't be surprised if people want the show to be cancelled
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

I really wish John and Marlena's roles in this were reversed. It would be interesting to see Marlena consider Kristen a changed woman, even with their rivalry history. It's her line of work to believe people can change with therapy. It would've been better to see John be the one that refuses to trust Kristen.

DiMeraFan67
Member Avatar

DrewHamilton
Oct 18 2012, 02:59 PM
I really wish John and Marlena's roles in this were reversed. It would be interesting to see Marlena consider Kristen a changed woman, even with their rivalry history. It's her line of work to believe people can change with therapy. It would've been better to see John be the one that refuses to trust Kristen.
To me that's out of character. As much as I love John...he's generally an idiot. And even though Marlena's profession might lead her to believe that, Kristen is her most bitter enemy so I don't think she should even remotely entertain the idea that she is now some changed person.

JamesScott_19
Member Avatar
Don't get up. So how are you? What happened, eh? Let me guess, Stefano told you that you could fly,and you jumped off a building. HeHe It's funny right, no I'm sorry Bad EJ, I should'nt be that cruel!

Ehh nothing sounds that interesting, I only liked it because Kristen was included.

anya
Member Avatar

Pretty underwhelming since the character of Kristen was a driving force in the 90's. I am embarassed for these writers. Didn't anyone watch As the World Turns when James Stenbeck returned in the hooded cloak? "Hello, Barbara." Now THAT's an return!

concerned
Member Avatar

jackjenfan
Oct 18 2012, 02:10 PM
I hope EJ isn't John's son with Kristen, that will make him a cousin to Sami as John is her cousin through his mother.
Well if they change EJ's parent s to John and Kristen.
They can change Johnny's parents to Lucas and Sami
and they can change Sydney's parents to EJ and Nicole

Then we'll have cancelled out any of the genetic issues involved.

Then we can search around for the three characters left with unchanged parentage and alter them as well.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

AFaithL

And when John's an idiot, he's generally unlikable. He should want nothing to do with Kristen, "changed" or not. No matter what Marlena is - or is not - doing.

Deidre and Eileen should rock in their scenes. It's John I'm worried about. He shouldn't be "worried" at the thought of Kristen's influence in his marriage (because he never loved Kristen with 1/8 of the passion he loved Marlena), but he should be feeling feelings of sickness, repulsion, and his skin should crawl with the thought of Kristen being around him, Marlena, or his family.

Like I said, Kristen is who she is. She's an entertaining villainess, and I'm thrilled she's back. I look forward to her scenes with Marlena (especially regarding her entire family), but when it comes to John, HE should be repulsed by her presence. She could save a village of children, and his thoughts should be "Well that's nice, but I don't want her anywhere near me or my family due to the pain she's put them through in the past." She could stand buck naked in his bedroom, and his thoughts should be "Eww! Disgusting! Get her out of here!" I mean, hell, he use to fantasize about Marlena while with Kristen anyway. He never did the opposite.

So he shouldn't be "worried" or "concerned". Which is why it's stupid that he wouldn't tell Marlena about his nightmare. Just tell her so you can both get a good laugh over it. But he should be revolted and disgusted. I guess if John's integrity isn't a priority, and you are just interested in DH and ED (which I am, too), it doesn't matter what the writing for John looks like. But I do care about John not looking like a dipshit.

Ok, off my soapbox. LOL
Edited by AFaithL, Oct 18 2012, 03:36 PM.

The Room Stops
Member Avatar

AFaithL
Oct 18 2012, 01:57 PM
DiMeraFan67
Oct 18 2012, 01:41 PM
The problem is John being such an idiot. Why would he even want to believe that Kristen has changed? He should really want nothing to do with her.
BOOM. And even if she had, legitimately, changed ---- John should still want nothing to do with her based on the fact that she tried to destroy his wife's life on numerous occasions in the past.

Kristen being manipulative doesn't bother me. She is who she is. John being a dipshit, though, does. He's being stupid by not telling Marlena about his memories (most of which he should be revolted by in the first place) and he's being a dipshit by not telling her when he meets up with Kristen. That's all on John.

Exactly. It doesn't matter if she is, because she almost killed his wife, his daughter and was the cause of torment for him and his entire family. John should hate her, and setting it up to create conflict because he wants to think she's changed and Marlena knows that she hasn't... is stupid. Creating conflict IS good... but neither John or Marlena should ever give Kristen anything resembling benefit for anything doubt-like.
Edited by The Room Stops, Oct 18 2012, 04:01 PM.

Mitchapalooza
Member Avatar
Killing myself slowly

lysie
Oct 18 2012, 01:33 PM
This is the most anticlimactic thing I've ever read in my life.
STAMP!

This sounds pitiful if you ask me....I expect nothing anymore with this show...anticlimatic is too light of a word for how boring and vanilla this sounds.

Where is the "behind their backs smirks"...I don't want to see NICE Kristen...I wanna see Kristen the villainess PRETENDING to be nice and for us to see her side of it.

The Room Stops
Member Avatar

anya
Oct 18 2012, 03:20 PM
Pretty underwhelming since the character of Kristen was a driving force in the 90's. I am embarassed for these writers. Didn't anyone watch As the World Turns when James Stenbeck returned in the hooded cloak? "Hello, Barbara." Now THAT's an return!
Seriously. Have her sneak around town, and let only Marlena see her. Marlena tries to convince John that she saw her, and Marlena starts to freak out, trying to protect her family and prepare for whatever is about to come... then Marlena is kidnapped, thrown in a room, there are little hints, like a baby crying, the smell of soap and whatever gas it was that knocked them out, Elvis music playing... and Marlena asks John when she suddenly wakes up on the street, free, if he'll believe her now. Then have Kristen turn up at a dinner party they throw (ala their engagement party) and ask where her invite was... Creepy and delusional, but yet innocent and potential for funny.

The Room Stops
Member Avatar

AFaithL
Oct 18 2012, 03:34 PM
And when John's an idiot, he's generally unlikable. He should want nothing to do with Kristen, "changed" or not. No matter what Marlena is - or is not - doing.

Deidre and Eileen should rock in their scenes. It's John I'm worried about. He shouldn't be "worried" at the thought of Kristen's influence in his marriage (because he never loved Kristen with 1/8 of the passion he loved Marlena), but he should be feeling feelings of sickness, repulsion, and his skin should crawl with the thought of Kristen being around him, Marlena, or his family.

Like I said, Kristen is who she is. She's an entertaining villainess, and I'm thrilled she's back. I look forward to her scenes with Marlena (especially regarding her entire family), but when it comes to John, HE should be repulsed by her presence. She could save a village of children, and his thoughts should be "Well that's nice, but I don't want her anywhere near me or my family due to the pain she's put them through in the past." She could stand buck naked in his bedroom, and his thoughts should be "Eww! Disgusting! Get her out of here!" I mean, hell, he use to fantasize about Marlena while with Kristen anyway. He never did the opposite.

So he shouldn't be "worried" or "concerned". Which is why it's stupid that he wouldn't tell Marlena about his nightmare. Just tell her so you can both get a good laugh over it. But he should be revolted and disgusted. I guess if John's integrity isn't a priority, and you are just interested in DH and ED (which I am, too), it doesn't matter what the writing for John looks like. But I do care about John not looking like a dipshit.

Ok, off my soapbox. LOL
Just... word... All over the place!

I care about John not looking like a dipshit too. The last 10 years, it's been a habit, they make John an asshole to make something writable. And it sucks shit.

Snowing Fan
Member Avatar

:puke:

Give me a break,Kritter started acting nuts BEFORE she lost her baby,the loss of her baby was her fault,if she had not assisted in Stefano kidnapping Marlena to Paris they never would of been in the tunnel and in the explosion.

She is nice to a kid and bang she is no longer the whacko she was,come on John,don't be so gullible,she is still the same person who had Marlena stuffed in a secret room,used a dying Roman to her advantage and almost killed Belle when she was little,though he doesn't know that,she was trying to kill Marlena,but almost killed Belle instead,actually helping John and Marlena to get together.

The Room Stops
Member Avatar

BalscoFan5
Oct 18 2012, 04:29 PM
:puke:

Give me a break,Kritter started acting nuts BEFORE she lost her baby,the loss of her baby was her fault,if she had not assisted in Stefano kidnapping Marlena to Paris they never would of been in the tunnel and in the explosion.

She is nice to a kid and bang she is no longer the whacko she was,come on John,don't be so gullible,she is still the same person who had Marlena stuffed in a secret room,used a dying Roman to her advantage and almost killed Belle when she was little,though he doesn't know that,she was trying to kill Marlena,but almost killed Belle instead,actually helping John and Marlena to get together.
I know, right? She was showing signs of turning towards Stefano more and more since Aremid. She lost her baby because Stefano got away with kidnapping Marlena.

DiMeraFan67
Member Avatar

Judging from reading Pat's summary of tomorrow's US episode the first meeting between Marlena and Kristen has a lot more potential than this article would lead you to believe. I'm still holding out hope.

Mitch, it seems like we are getting what you're asking for as far as Kristen goes. It seems like she's going to be sweet and nice infront of John and everyone else...maybe even Stefano. But the audience will be clued in on her real motives. That's the way it has played out so far at least.

Mitchapalooza
Member Avatar
Killing myself slowly

DiMeraFan67
Oct 18 2012, 04:44 PM
Judging from reading Pat's summary of tomorrow's US episode the first meeting between Marlena and Kristen has a lot more potential than this article would lead you to believe. I'm still holding out hope.

Mitch, it seems like we are getting what you're asking for as far as Kristen goes. It seems like she's going to be sweet and nice infront of John and everyone else...maybe even Stefano. But the audience will be clued in on her real motives. That's the way it has played out so far at least.
Thats not what I have been seeing....she certainly is thinking about Jarlena, but there is no menacing looks in her face outside of small smirks here and there....thats not enough...I need something more solid.

DiMeraFan67
Member Avatar

Mitchapalooza
Oct 18 2012, 05:02 PM
DiMeraFan67
Oct 18 2012, 04:44 PM

Thats not what I have been seeing....she certainly is thinking about Jarlena, but there is no menacing looks in her face outside of small smirks here and there....thats not enough...I need something more solid.
Yeah, I agree. I think they are going that way, but I hope they are less subtle about it. She has made remarks here and there about having an ulterior motive. Especially during her conversation with Stefano. Hopefully once she's actually interacting with everyone it will be more obvious. Eileen is delicious when Kristen is making smart ass remarks behind people's back. I want that too and hope it happens.

Tammy
Member Avatar

The way I see it, with the lack of talented writers that come through the revolving door on this show... Kristen's return is going to suck as big and as hard as all the other returns have!

This sl is going to make John, Marlena and Kristen all look like idiots! I can feel it! :shame:

AFaithL

Bottom line for me, Kristen could be nice, pretending-to-be-nice, or evil....and John's reactions to her should be the same: repulsion.

Its John's actions/reactions to Kristen I care about....not Kristen herself. Kristen being "evil" shouldn't be what affects John's reactions towards her. John shouldn't want to have anything to do with her, period. Even if she is legitimately changed. Why would he? Marlena is the love of his life. Even back when he thought Kristen was nice, he still preferred Marlena to her.

For me, it's all about John's integrity. If he starts acting like he "cares" about Kristen, or wants to sleep with her, etc....regardless of what Kristen does or does not do....the responsibility is 100% John's and he is who I will be pissed at it. It would be out of character. I don't care if Marlena is batshit crazy or what....John should want nothing to do with - and have zero feelings for -- Kristen. Not because she's evil, but simply because she's not Marlena.

Mitchapalooza
Member Avatar
Killing myself slowly

Call me crazy, but I actually prefer when John is being manipulated/duped or controlled by someone or something. I want John to trust Kristen again...and I want him to be totally manipulated by her.

John is kind of the only character I enjoy being dumbed down.

DiMeraFan67
Member Avatar

Mitchapalooza
Oct 18 2012, 05:38 PM
Call me crazy, but I actually prefer when John is being manipulated/duped or controlled by someone or something. I want John to trust Kristen again...and I want him to be totally manipulated by her.

John is kind of the only character I enjoy being dumbed down.
I pretty much agree with this. If John wasn't being brainwashed or taken advantage of...he didn't really have a reason for existing. I love the John and Marlena love story and I agree that they are meant to be together and they shouldn't be broken up...but I won't mind seeing Kristen playing John like a puppet because Kristen is infinitely smarter than John Black.

I do hate to see any character looking as dumb as John...and I don't think John should want to even be in the same world as Kristen, but its just not out of character.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply