Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Kristen visits John; Airs week of 10/22
Topic Started: Oct 18 2012, 01:23 PM (3,547 Views)
AFaithL

John isn't being "brainwashed" or "manipulated" now. Kristen didn't plant any memories in his head. He's having these flashbacks (excuse me, nightmares) all on his own, with his own free will. That's all on John, and HIS fault. He shouldn't be thinking back on what he considers happier times with Kristen, period. That's close to emotionally cheating on Marlena --- which is as bad as physically cheating. If you are a happily married man, why would you think back to the "good times" with your ex? It makes you look like an ass.

John is responsible for himself. He should have zero desire to think about Kristen, especially since he never really wanted her over Marlena in the first place.
Edited by AFaithL, Oct 18 2012, 06:03 PM.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

tylerbo20

I bet she's back at yr by next christmas

DiMeraFan67
Member Avatar

tylerbo20
Oct 18 2012, 06:12 PM
I bet she's back at yr by next christmas
Unless they recast Ashley before then, I think you're right. If she's ever given the option of one or the other...she's gone.

DiMeraFan67
Member Avatar

AFaithL
Oct 18 2012, 06:01 PM
John isn't being "brainwashed" or "manipulated" now. Kristen didn't plant any memories in his head. He's having these flashbacks (excuse me, nightmares) all on his own, with his own free will. That's all on John, and HIS fault. He shouldn't be thinking back on what he considers happier times with Kristen, period. That's close to emotionally cheating on Marlena --- which is as bad as physically cheating. If you are a happily married man, why would you think back to the "good times" with your ex? It makes you look like an ass.

John is responsible for himself. He should have zero desire to think about Kristen, especially since he never really wanted her over Marlena in the first place.
I don't think John wants to remember these things he's dreaming about. Its more like Kristen is haunting his dreams. If dreaming about the past is cheating, then I will venture to say that nearly every person on earth has cheated or been cheated on. I don't think John is doing anything wrong YET. That isn't to say that he won't once he starts interacting with Kristen.

It isn't like he is desiring for Kristen and can't stop thinking about her.

AFaithL

DiMeraFan67
Oct 18 2012, 06:18 PM
It isn't like he is desiring for Kristen and can't stop thinking about her.
Well, they need to make that very clear to the audience then.

Kevc1980
Member Avatar

I want Kristen to go all Emily Thorne style on John and Marlena and get her revenge against them for ruining her life...

JamaicanBeauty7
Member Avatar
I am READY!!

I'm interested. John is giving Kristen the benefit of the doubt in spite of what she did to him and Marlena. I completely understand. I'm interested to see how this goes moving forward. It has a lot of potential, IMO.

GatesRhiannon
Member Avatar

DiMeraFan67
Oct 18 2012, 03:01 PM
DrewHamilton
Oct 18 2012, 02:59 PM
I really wish John and Marlena's roles in this were reversed. It would be interesting to see Marlena consider Kristen a changed woman, even with their rivalry history. It's her line of work to believe people can change with therapy. It would've been better to see John be the one that refuses to trust Kristen.
To me that's out of character. As much as I love John...he's generally an idiot. And even though Marlena's profession might lead her to believe that, Kristen is her most bitter enemy so I don't think she should even remotely entertain the idea that she is now some changed person.
Not to be argumentative, but this is a woman who believed Stefano could change. Moreover when J&M returned it was hinted at on more than one occasion that John still wasn't quite back to his old self...granted nothing came of those hints. But I tend to agree it would open more doors to go the opposite direction and be less destructive character assassination in the long run if John seemed to be the one who appeared paranoid & unhinged. Dimwits can be paranoid too, that's not necessarily thumbing your nose at history. Besides he is married to a shrink...that's conflict without anyone having to be a complete and utter moron or God forbid an adulterer.

lysie
Member Avatar

JamaicanBeauty7
Oct 18 2012, 06:43 PM
I'm interested. John is giving Kristen the benefit of the doubt in spite of what she did to him and Marlena. I completely understand. I'm interested to see how this goes moving forward. It has a lot of potential, IMO.
I'm not surprised by it but I don't understand it. This is a man who couldn't even give two teenagers who'd never done anything to him the benefit of the doubt. He is by nature suspicious and not particularly trusting.

GatesRhiannon
Member Avatar

DiMeraFan67
Oct 18 2012, 05:47 PM
Mitchapalooza
Oct 18 2012, 05:38 PM
Call me crazy, but I actually prefer when John is being manipulated/duped or controlled by someone or something. I want John to trust Kristen again...and I want him to be totally manipulated by her.

John is kind of the only character I enjoy being dumbed down.
I pretty much agree with this. If John wasn't being brainwashed or taken advantage of...he didn't really have a reason for existing. I love the John and Marlena love story and I agree that they are meant to be together and they shouldn't be broken up...but I won't mind seeing Kristen playing John like a puppet because Kristen is infinitely smarter than John Black.

I do hate to see any character looking as dumb as John...and I don't think John should want to even be in the same world as Kristen, but its just not out of character.
There's a world of difference between being brainwashed and being written as a natural, guilble, idiot. One the audience can conceivably have sympathy for & the other is infuriating and just blatant character destruction. Right now all signs are, unfortunately, pointing to the latter.
Edited by GatesRhiannon, Oct 18 2012, 07:17 PM.

px780
Member Avatar
Streetcorner Philosopher

I just hope they clarify for the audience whether or not she's reformed. They do not do mystery well, and I am not willing to go along another ride to nowhere with them.

GatesRhiannon
Member Avatar

AFaithL

Umm, that's a rather odd statement. You can't hold a person accountable for their nightmares. If I wake up in cold sweat, freaked out, is that some how my fault? Besides it's not the nightmares that are a problem...it's John's reaction to the nightmares. Although the tight lipped, head-in-the-sand reaction is not a new reaction. What is new is a writing staff that has decided that J&M can't be on screen for more than 5 minutes and so everything is superficial and half-assed and we don't get to see Marlena break down John's defenses like we did in the past.

Dreamer
Gone, But Not Forgotten!

I really don't see this Kristen thing being what DAYS needs, to end the current misery of the show.

I do find Kristen intiguing...but how long will that last?

I don't want to see John- dumbed down or put under her spell-- I hate the sudden flashbacks he is having of her. Contrived, especially since we haven't see John in a couple of months.

Ellie

px780
Oct 18 2012, 07:08 PM
I just hope they clarify for the audience whether or not she's reformed. They do not do mystery well, and I am not willing to go along another ride to nowhere with them.
Totally agree with this. Kristen only clicked as a character in the 90's when it became clear that she was evil and was trying to destroy J&M. Before that, she was a very bland character. If they don't show us quickly that she has bad intentions behind what she's doing, then I think the viewers might lose interest.

Dreamer
Gone, But Not Forgotten!

I really think viewers are going to have a hard time understanding the character of kristen / susan if TPTB start changing history.

Right now all i see is a strange women with a fascination over Jack Black. -- maybe a little crazy obsessive and with all the crazy women on the show already-- she'll fit right in!

AFaithL

GatesRhiannon
Oct 18 2012, 07:14 PM
AFaithL

Umm, that's a rather odd statement. You can't hold a person accountable for their nightmares. If I wake up in cold sweat, freaked out, is that some how my fault? Besides it's not the nightmares that are a problem...it's John's reaction to the nightmares. Although the tight lipped, head-in-the-sand reaction is not a new reaction. What is new is a writing staff that has decided that J&M can't be on screen for more than 5 minutes and so everything is superficial and half-assed and we don't get to see Marlena break down John's defenses like we did in the past.
I'm referring to his present-time flashbacks, like why would he think back to almost marrying Kristen/Susan on his "walk"? If he's having any memories, they should be about the bulk of their relationship --- which was shitty. Reminiscing about "good times" you had with someone else (thinking back with positive or longing feelings) is cheating. Like spoilers indicate that being at Horton Cabin in a few weeks are supposed to bring back fond memories of his early days with Kristen. Well why? Why would he give a damn? If Horton Cabin brought back any memories it should bring back memories of Marlena birthing Belle...you know, something positive and monumentous in his life. Not "Gee this is where I had a few dates with a women I barely cared for decades
ago." That's on him.

Tammy
Member Avatar

lysie
Oct 18 2012, 06:58 PM
JamaicanBeauty7
I'm not surprised by it but I don't understand it. This is a man who couldn't even give two teenagers who'd never done anything to him the benefit of the doubt. He is by nature suspicious and not particularly trusting.
To be fair those kids were freaks lmao. (You were talking about Rex and Cassie right? lol)

lysie
Member Avatar

Tammy
Oct 18 2012, 09:44 PM
lysie
JamaicanBeauty7
To be fair those kids were freaks lmao. (You were talking about Rex and Cassie right? lol)
Yes, but Rex was beautiful and I will not hear otherwise. I'd give him a chance. I'd give him a lot of chances.

Ellie

lysie
JamaicanBeauty7
He was written in that story the opposite of how he was written in the 90's, where he was quick to find the best in people, including Kristen. If I had to choose JER's characterization or Dena Higley's, I'd pick JER's in a second.

Tammy
Member Avatar

From what I can remember John didn't become mistrusting of people until after all the crap Kristen pulled on him. He felt like a gullible fool (and he was). Pretty much ever since then he has taken nothing and no one at face value! So for him to trust that Kristen has changed, just because she says she has, is totally out of character IMO!

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply