Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Kristen visits John; Airs week of 10/22
Topic Started: Oct 18 2012, 01:23 PM (5,041 Views)
AFaithL

And we return to the beginnings of "idiot" John....
Edited by AFaithL, Oct 18 2012, 01:35 PM.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

AFaithL

DiMeraFan67
Oct 18 2012, 01:41 PM
The problem is John being such an idiot. Why would he even want to believe that Kristen has changed? He should really want nothing to do with her.
BOOM. And even if she had, legitimately, changed ---- John should still want nothing to do with her based on the fact that she tried to destroy his wife's life on numerous occasions in the past.

Kristen being manipulative doesn't bother me. She is who she is. John being a dipshit, though, does. He's being stupid by not telling Marlena about his memories (most of which he should be revolted by in the first place) and he's being a dipshit by not telling her when he meets up with Kristen. That's all on John.

AFaithL

And when John's an idiot, he's generally unlikable. He should want nothing to do with Kristen, "changed" or not. No matter what Marlena is - or is not - doing.

Deidre and Eileen should rock in their scenes. It's John I'm worried about. He shouldn't be "worried" at the thought of Kristen's influence in his marriage (because he never loved Kristen with 1/8 of the passion he loved Marlena), but he should be feeling feelings of sickness, repulsion, and his skin should crawl with the thought of Kristen being around him, Marlena, or his family.

Like I said, Kristen is who she is. She's an entertaining villainess, and I'm thrilled she's back. I look forward to her scenes with Marlena (especially regarding her entire family), but when it comes to John, HE should be repulsed by her presence. She could save a village of children, and his thoughts should be "Well that's nice, but I don't want her anywhere near me or my family due to the pain she's put them through in the past." She could stand buck naked in his bedroom, and his thoughts should be "Eww! Disgusting! Get her out of here!" I mean, hell, he use to fantasize about Marlena while with Kristen anyway. He never did the opposite.

So he shouldn't be "worried" or "concerned". Which is why it's stupid that he wouldn't tell Marlena about his nightmare. Just tell her so you can both get a good laugh over it. But he should be revolted and disgusted. I guess if John's integrity isn't a priority, and you are just interested in DH and ED (which I am, too), it doesn't matter what the writing for John looks like. But I do care about John not looking like a dipshit.

Ok, off my soapbox. LOL
Edited by AFaithL, Oct 18 2012, 03:36 PM.

AFaithL

Bottom line for me, Kristen could be nice, pretending-to-be-nice, or evil....and John's reactions to her should be the same: repulsion.

Its John's actions/reactions to Kristen I care about....not Kristen herself. Kristen being "evil" shouldn't be what affects John's reactions towards her. John shouldn't want to have anything to do with her, period. Even if she is legitimately changed. Why would he? Marlena is the love of his life. Even back when he thought Kristen was nice, he still preferred Marlena to her.

For me, it's all about John's integrity. If he starts acting like he "cares" about Kristen, or wants to sleep with her, etc....regardless of what Kristen does or does not do....the responsibility is 100% John's and he is who I will be pissed at it. It would be out of character. I don't care if Marlena is batshit crazy or what....John should want nothing to do with - and have zero feelings for -- Kristen. Not because she's evil, but simply because she's not Marlena.

AFaithL

John isn't being "brainwashed" or "manipulated" now. Kristen didn't plant any memories in his head. He's having these flashbacks (excuse me, nightmares) all on his own, with his own free will. That's all on John, and HIS fault. He shouldn't be thinking back on what he considers happier times with Kristen, period. That's close to emotionally cheating on Marlena --- which is as bad as physically cheating. If you are a happily married man, why would you think back to the "good times" with your ex? It makes you look like an ass.

John is responsible for himself. He should have zero desire to think about Kristen, especially since he never really wanted her over Marlena in the first place.
Edited by AFaithL, Oct 18 2012, 06:03 PM.

AFaithL

DiMeraFan67
Oct 18 2012, 06:18 PM
It isn't like he is desiring for Kristen and can't stop thinking about her.
Well, they need to make that very clear to the audience then.

AFaithL

GatesRhiannon
Oct 18 2012, 07:14 PM
AFaithL
Oct 18 2012, 06:01 PM
John isn't being "brainwashed" or "manipulated" now. Kristen didn't plant any memories in his head. He's having these flashbacks (excuse me, nightmares) all on his own, with his own free will. That's all on John, and HIS fault. He shouldn't be thinking back on what he considers happier times with Kristen, period. That's close to emotionally cheating on Marlena --- which is as bad as physically cheating. If you are a happily married man, why would you think back to the "good times" with your ex? It makes you look like an ass.

John is responsible for himself. He should have zero desire to think about Kristen, especially since he never really wanted her over Marlena in the first place.
Umm, that's a rather odd statement. You can't hold a person accountable for their nightmares. If I wake up in cold sweat, freaked out, is that some how my fault? Besides it's not the nightmares that are a problem...it's John's reaction to the nightmares. Although the tight lipped, head-in-the-sand reaction is not a new reaction. What is new is a writing staff that has decided that J&M can't be on screen for more than 5 minutes and so everything is superficial and half-assed and we don't get to see Marlena break down John's defenses like we did in the past.
I'm referring to his present-time flashbacks, like why would he think back to almost marrying Kristen/Susan on his "walk"? If he's having any memories, they should be about the bulk of their relationship --- which was shitty. Reminiscing about "good times" you had with someone else (thinking back with positive or longing feelings) is cheating. Like spoilers indicate that being at Horton Cabin in a few weeks are supposed to bring back fond memories of his early days with Kristen. Well why? Why would he give a damn? If Horton Cabin brought back any memories it should bring back memories of Marlena birthing Belle...you know, something positive and monumentous in his life. Not "Gee this is where I had a few dates with a women I barely cared for decades
ago." That's on him.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply